[ROM][CM10.2][RECOVERY][KERNEL][DEV][SGH-I757M]UNOFFICIAL CM10.2 For Bell SGH-I757M

Search This thread

titanic_fanatic

Sep 21, 2012
Calgary
CM10.2 for Canadian Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M)

Code:
[COLOR="red"][B][SIZE="4"]*** Disclamer ***[/SIZE][/B]

THIS ROM IS FOR THE CANADIAN SGH-I757M ONLY... DO NOT FLASH IT ON ANOTHER DEVICE!

By flashing this ROM, you are voiding your phones warranty (Unless you return it
to complete stock which is possible, but beyond the scope of this thread). You
also agree that I will in no way be held responsible in the event that your
device becomes bricked (Not likely to happen). In addition, you are responsible
to take the necessary backups of your apps, data, sms, contacts, calendar events, etc.

If you agree, then please continue on ;)[/COLOR]

Code:
[COLOR="red"][B][SIZE="4"]*** NEW RECOVERY REQUIRED ***[/SIZE][/B]

Due to the addition of user control in CM10.1/CM10.2, you are required to update
your recovery to a supported recovery. As of this writing, the latest available
version is CWM6.0.3.9/Philz5.18.4 for the SGH-I757M.

If you flash the new ROM with the old incompatible recovery, you risk loosing
your sdcard under a bunch of subfolders.[/COLOR]

Code:
[COLOR="red"][B][SIZE="4"]*** NEW RADIO FIRMWARE REQUIRED ***[/SIZE][/B]

As of CM10.1, ICS radios (I757MUGLH2) are no longer supported. You must download the new JB radios (I757MUGMC5).[/COLOR]

Introduction
It's finally here :-D CM10.2 (Android4.3.x) for the Bell Canada Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M). Among the most notable new features are new adreno graphics drivers with triple buffering (this is project butter). More desired may be the new privacy manager features that allow you to control, on a per app basis, which information you wish to share. Other improvements include an improved lockscreen cLock and a new integrated Superuser.

Images

SEE SCREENSHOTS TAB AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

What Works

* Phone
* Wi-Fi
* Mobile
* GPS
* Bluetooth
* SMS/MMS
* Data Usage
* Camera/Camcorder
* BLN Notification (Enabled in Advanced Device Settings)
* VM Notification
* Youtube Overlays
* init.d is fully supported

What Doesn't Work

* I experienced an incompatibility with some of my existing mp4 media files and when gallery tries to load them they cause a soft reboot. Loading these videos into the gallery media player using a 3rd party file manager seems to work without issue, it is the loading of the preview in gallery that causes the phone to crash.
Solution: The solution is to use a file manager to move the mp4 files to a new directory and add a ".nomedia" file to that directory so that when browsing photos in the gallery, it does not try to load the offending mp4 files.

* When unlocking the screen, sometimes only the capacitative buttons light up, and the screen doesn't come on. This seems to happen about 80% of the time.
Solution: This can be fixed by locking the screen, then unlocking it again. In about 5% of these cases the screen does not come on again. Just repeat the steps again until it does.
This has been fixed as of build 20131029

* You may notice a screen flicker when you first flash this ROM. This is due to a bug where the system can't decide whether to render the graphics with the cpu or the gpu, thus the flicker.
Solution: This is fixed by turning on Settings -> Developer Options -> Disable HW Overlays (You must first enable Developer Options by pressing 7 times on Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number). This will be reset on every boot. if you install Universal Init.d, my 91fixoverlays script will run on each boot and fix this automatically.

Pre-Installation instructions
1) Download to your sdcard, the new CWM6.0.3.9 flashable zip which is compatible with CM10.1/CM10.2
2) Enter your existing CWM Recovery
3) Install Zip From sdcard
4) Select the CWM_RECOVERY_6.0.3.9_I757M_20131005.zip that you downloaded to your sdcard
5) Flash the new Recovery
6) Go back to the main recovery menu and go Advanced -> Reboot Recovery (This might not actually reboot you into recovery, you may have to do that manually by turning off phone and using 3-button combo)

Now that you have the new recovery flashed to your device, you can continue to install this ROM.

Please be aware that the new recovery detects your sdcards (internal/external) in a different way. Your internal sdcard is recognized as /storage/sdcard0 and your external sdcard is recognized as /storage/sdcard1.

Installation instructions
1) Download the Rom and Gapps (Use only the Gapps downloded from this thread. It is customized due to our small cache partition)
2) Enter CWM
3) TAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
4) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
5) Format Cache
6) Advanced -> Format Dalvik Cache
7) Mounts and Storage -> Format /data,/cache and /system (Required for a clean flash)
8) Flash the Radios
9) Flash the ROM
10) Flash the Gapps
11) Reboot Phone

NOTE: If you are using Philz Touch/Advanced Recovery, you can replace steps 5 - 7 by selecting the "Clean to install a new ROM" option.

Download
ROM Downloads

Build: 20140224 (Latest)
ROM: cm-10.2-20140224-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip (185.4MB)
GAPPS: gapps-jb-20140224-signed.zip (106.5MB)
JB Radios: JB_modem_I757MUGMC5-flash_this_in_CWM.zip (21.3MB)

NOTE: A dirty flash should work for upgrading , but a clean flash is highly recommended

Build: 20140120
ROM: cm-10.2-20140120-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip (185.4MB)
GAPPS: gapps-jb-20131231-signed.zip (103.8MB)

Recovery Downloads

NEW CWM6.0.3.9 compatible with CM10.1/CM10.2
CWM_RECOVERY_6.0.3.9_I757M_20131005.zip (7.6MB)

NEW Philz Advanced Recovery 5.18.4 (CWM 6.0.4.4) compatible with CM10.1/CM10.2
PhilzAdvancedRecovery5.18.4-CWM6.0.4.4-SGH-I757M.zip (9.5MB)

NEW *** RECOMMENDED *** Philz Touch Recovery 6 (CWM 6.0.4.5) compatible with CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11.0
[celoxhd][SGH-I757M][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

* The downloads can also be found here on XDA. Use the "Download" tab at the top of the page to access both direct download or torrent download of this ROM.

Tips and Tricks
Checkout the second post for some tips and tricks on setting up the ROM.

Changelog
Code:
[B]December 23, 2013 - Build 20131223[/B]
* Revert build.prop to use dyn instead of gpu (less problems)
* Added back 91fixoverlays to /system/etc/init.d to disable hw overlays and fix screen flicker on boot
* Re-worked 91fixoverlays script so that it now runs in it's own shell to stop it from blocking other startup scripts and causing a laggy boot
* Fixed up device tree code including adding the correct definitions for boot animation size and update to the build fingerprint
* Synced latest changes from CyanogenMod 

[B]December 1, 2013 - Build 20131201[/B]
* Force gpu rendering in build.prop
* Improve fix for screen on delay
* Updated GAPPS

[B]October 29, 2013 - Build 20131029[/B]
* Tweaked build.prop to fix screen flicker and notification drawer lockup
* Fixed screen unlock bug - [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common/commit/5e163ff0c5d90a4518cbc9e14c86dceec095c70a"]Commit 5e163ff0c5d90a4518cbc9e14c86dceec095c70a[/URL]
* Added SmartAssV2 Governor - [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common/commit/511e45206bb9a1454a0c43b3d626749c1fa2c241"]Commit 511e45206bb9a1454a0c43b3d626749c1fa2c241[/URL]
* Added Adaptive Governor - [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common/commit/7f40cc5808bad6dafc6b351b93b3d0ccbd0777a6"]Commit 7f40cc5808bad6dafc6b351b93b3d0ccbd0777a6[/URL]
* Added Lagfree Governor - [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common/commit/d1392017601d27303fbce9da18d2af718e7e1a65"]Commit d1392017601d27303fbce9da18d2af718e7e1a65[/URL]
* Restore Advanced Device Settings - [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_device_samsung_msm8660-common/commit/3126c17c6165c7d96abde4cd7459769e165aa195"]Commit 3126c17c6165c7d96abde4cd7459769e165aa195[/URL] / [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_packages_apps_Settings/commit/9031ffb1f4e4185f397724a27e3d75afe7fd67e4"]Commit 9031ffb1f4e4185f397724a27e3d75afe7fd67e4[/URL]

[B]October 5, 2013 - Build 20131003[/B]
* Initial release

FAQ
Q. How do I install SuperSu?
A. Install the latest version from the market, and also make sure you have Universal Init.d installed and active. Then open SuperSU and when it asks you to update the superuser binary, answer yes and make sure you select the "TWRP/CWM" method. This will reboot your phone into receovery where the superuser binary will be updated and the su daemon script added. When your phone reboots, recovery will warn you that your device may possibly be unrooted. This is because of the install-recovery.sh script that is required to start the superuser daemon which allows SuperSu to manage superuser permissions. You are not unrooted ;-)

If your having difficulties getting SuperSu installed, try downloading the flashable zip and manually flashing it to your phone.

UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip

* Thanks to @formercontra for this tip *

* Make sure this is the way in which you want to manage superuser permissions as I have not yet found a way to revert to the integrated superuser without having to re-flash the rom

Q. How do I access Developer Options?
A. Go to Settings -> About Phone and scroll to the bottom. Press the Build number 7 times to activate the Developer Options.

Q. Why is my screen flickering?
A. There is a bug in this ROM where the board can't decide whether to display the frames with the cpu or the gpu, thus the flickering while it resolves the issue. To fix it, disable HW Overlays in Developer Options. This needs to be set on every boot unless you are running Universal Init.d and my 91fixoverlays script is present in the /system/etc/init.d folder.

Q. When I unlock my screen, my menu/home/back/search buttons come on but the screen is black?
A. This is a known bug in this ROM and is on the list of things that need to be fixed. For now, when this happens, just lock the screen, then unlock it again and the display should come back. If it does not, repeat until it does (the most number of times i had to do that was 3).

Q. I was browsing my pictures/videos in the gallery and my phone rebooted?
A. This seems to be caused by the gallery trying to generate a preview from the first frame of an mp4 created on older versions. Simply move the mp4's to a different directory with a file manager and add a ".nomedia" file to the folder to stop the gallery from trying to scan them. To open them, open with a filemanager and then select the gallery media player and it will play without issue.

Thanks To/Credits
Code:
* CyanogenMod Team - ROM Base

Without all of the hard work and efforts of the CyanogenMod team, this ROM would not be possible, so we owe them our thanks for providing us with such excellent ROMs.

In addition, I have received a lot of help on my journey to understand and be able to develop for the android platform, so I owe the following people my thanks for helping me to make this ROM possible.

*   [user=673068]@dsixda[/user] - Initial port of CM9/CM10 for SGH-I757M
*   [user=4974935]@Strange Peer[/user] - Continued development of CM10
*   [user=3478918]@rukusx7[/user] - Contributor
*   [user=4435341]@bijon440[/user] - Contributor
*   [user=4036181]@kj2112[/user] - Contributor
*   [user=5077807]@Tronith[/user] - Contributor
*   [user=3651088]@Zippy Dufus[/user] - Contributor
*   @formercontra - Contributor

Thanks guys you've all been so awesome to work with ;)

One last group of people to thank. It's YOU! Without all of you guys and girls who come to download our creations, there would be no reward for doing this. Thank you for downloading, providing feedback and being part of this small family. You are all appreciated ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
UNOFFICIAL CM10.2 For Bell SGH-I757M, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
titanic_fanatic
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: SGH-I757M
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-10-05
Last Updated 2014-02-23

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-05-13-23-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-05-13-23-41.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 10,722
  • Screenshot_2013-10-05-13-24-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-05-13-24-53.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2,386
  • Screenshot_2013-10-05-13-24-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-05-13-24-03.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2,396
Last edited:

titanic_fanatic

Sep 21, 2012
Calgary
Reserved

Tips and Tricks

Use the Bell Flex APN. You can select it by going to:

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names

This helps fix some issues with VPN and some other system services.

Logcat what is it and how do I get one?

A logcat is the system log of events that occur on your device. This log provides the developers with some useful information pertaining to crashes and other bugs you may encounter while using the ROM and/or apps running on the ROM. Getting a logcat is generally a very simple thing. Just open your terminal emulator on your phone and type the following commands without typing the $ as it denotes a command on the command line:

$ su
$ logcat -v long > /sdcard/logcat.txt

The first command above will ask you to grant superuser permission to the terminal emulator which you must accept. The second command will create a file at the root of your sdcard called logcat.txt and then start writing the logs to this file. Since the logcat is a continuous function, your terminal emulator will not return you to the command prompt after the second command as it will continue to write logs until you stop it by pressing the x to close the emulator.

If you are experiencing an issue with an app, then you need to do the steps above to get the logcat recording, then press your home button so that you don't close the emulator, but put it in the background. Then you do the action that causes the bug to occur and then open the emulator and terminate it to stop the log from writing. this ensures that the error is located somewhere around the end of the log and makes it easier for us to spot ;)

What is dalvik-cache and why do I need it?

To explain dalvik cache, you must understand how an app is pieced together. An apk (android app) is like a zip file and contains a bunch of files inside. Two important files to note are the resources.arsc and the classes.dex files. They are compiled versions of the resources (images, sounds, xml files) and classes (source code files) of the app. When android boots into a ROM for the first time, and everytime you install an app, the system performs an optimization called dex optimization which means that is pulls the dex file out of the app and places it into what is called your dalvik cache. The system can then pre-load these dex files and allow the app to start quickly.

Dalvik cache is stored in two locations, at /data/dalvik-cache for user apps and at /cache/dalvik-cache for system apps. We unfortunately have a very small partition for /cache, only 100MB and this sometimes causes a side effect on first boot where it fills up to much with apps that only ever run on the first boot to setup the system and then other dex files cannot be written to the /cache partition which causes them to Force Close (FC). The trick in this situation, is to bear through the FC messages to get the system to the home screen, then reboot into recovery and Wipe Dalvik Cache from the Advanced sub-menu. This will delete all the dex files in both locations I mentioned above and will force the system to regenerate them upon reboot, and this time, those 1-time running apps don't start up and don't end up being optimized which allows the necessary dex files to be created for the apps that were FC'ing.

I have moved what I could from the system partition to the data partition to spare some extra space on /cache but this still sometimes happens, especially as the ROM's get slightly bigger every new major version.

Last edited:

iDynamics

Oct 8, 2012
Followed the instructions ( to the best of my ability :D ) but I'm getting a random red border flicker every so often. I'm also not seeing the 91fixoverlays script in my init.d folder.

Smooth rom so far!

Last edited:
Reactions: titanic_fanatic

titanic_fanatic

Sep 21, 2012
Calgary
Followed the instructions but I'm getting a random red border flicker every so often. I'm also not seeing the 91fixoverlays script in my init.d folder.

Smooth rom so far!

I totally forgot to update the build.prop with the build type, it is responsible for the red border. Either use a build.prop editor or open the /system/build.prop with a text editor and change the following line:

Change it to:

You will need to reboot after making this change.

In regards to the 91fixoverlays script, I do appologize. I forgot to include it in the zip... Please download the attached 91fixoverlays.txt file and rename it to 91fixoverlays and move it to /system/etc/init.d and change it's permissions to match the other files in that directory.

Sorry for missing these two things. I will update the packages ASAP and will post a note when it's done so you know that there is no need to follow the steps in this post.

Attachments

• 91fixoverlays.txt
    396 bytes · Views: 117
Reactions: neptune_

Zippy Dufus

Feb 12, 2011
I'm first!! (to post, anyway).

Installed the ROM. Did a clean flash (factory reset).

Upon the boot I got "Unfortunately Bluetooth Share has stopped" but appears to be no ramifications.

ROM looks great! Feels smooth.

Will do more testing.

Thanks

Last edited:

titanic_fanatic

Sep 21, 2012
Calgary
I'm first!! (to post, anyway).

Installed the ROM. Did a clean flash (factory reset).

Upon the boot I got "Unfortunately Bluetooth Share has stopped" but appears to be no ramifications.

ROM looks great! Feels smooth.

Will so more testing.

Thanks

I think this is due to our oddly small cache partition. Only 100MB as compared to the skyrocket at 300MB. Currently, I only moved four apps in the gapps package to the data partition do that their dex files don't end up in the /cache/dalvik-cache dir and instead end up in /data/dalvik-cache. I think I need to move others. I also think that it happens only on first boot without side effects because a couple of the installed apps only run on first boot, then their dex files can be deleted (I think this happens automatically).

Sent from my SGH-I757M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: formercontra

Majortom420

Jan 10, 2011
Thanks titanic_fanatic, you've breathed new life into an old phone

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

bijon440

Jan 12, 2012
Brantford
Rotation doesn't work here, and every so often I run into spells where the only button that works is the home button and haptic feedback stops working all around. A reboot fixes it and it seems random. Other than those few things this is soooooo smooth. I'm happy. Thanks so much!

Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda premium

titanic_fanatic

Sep 21, 2012
Calgary
Fix for Sensors

Hey guys, to fix the sensors, download this attachment sensors.default.so.txt and rename it to sensors.default.so, move it to /system/lib/hw and give it the same permissions as the other files in that directory, then reboot and your sensors should be working ;)

Attachments

• sensors.default.so.txt
    21.4 KB · Views: 101

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10.2 for Canadian Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M)

Code:
    [COLOR="red"][B][SIZE="4"]*** Disclamer ***[/SIZE][/B]

THIS ROM IS FOR THE CANADIAN SGH-I757M ONLY... DO NOT FLASH IT ON ANOTHER DEVICE!

By flashing this ROM, you are voiding your phones warranty (Unless you return it
    to complete stock which is possible, but beyond the scope of this thread). You
    also agree that I will in no way be held responsible in the event that your
    device becomes bricked (Not likely to happen). In addition, you are responsible
    to take the necessary backups of your apps, data, sms, contacts, calendar events, etc.

If you agree, then please continue on ;)[/COLOR]

Code:
    [COLOR="red"][B][SIZE="4"]*** NEW RECOVERY REQUIRED ***[/SIZE][/B]

Due to the addition of user control in CM10.1/CM10.2, you are required to update
    your recovery to a supported recovery. As of this writing, the latest available
    version is CWM6.0.3.9/Philz5.18.4 for the SGH-I757M.

If you flash the new ROM with the old incompatible recovery, you risk loosing
    your sdcard under a bunch of subfolders.[/COLOR]

Code:
    [COLOR="red"][B][SIZE="4"]*** NEW RADIO FIRMWARE REQUIRED ***[/SIZE][/B]

As of CM10.1, ICS radios (I757MUGLH2) are no longer supported. You must download the new JB radios (I757MUGMC5).[/COLOR]

Introduction
    It's finally here :-D CM10.2 (Android4.3.x) for the Bell Canada Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M). Among the most notable new features are new adreno graphics drivers with triple buffering (this is project butter). More desired may be the new privacy manager features that allow you to control, on a per app basis, which information you wish to share. Other improvements include an improved lockscreen cLock and a new integrated Superuser.

Images

SEE SCREENSHOTS TAB AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

What Works

* Phone
    * Wi-Fi
    * Mobile
    * GPS
    * Bluetooth
    * SMS/MMS
    * Data Usage
    * Camera/Camcorder
    * BLN Notification (Enabled in Advanced Device Settings)
    * VM Notification
    * Youtube Overlays
    * init.d is fully supported

What Doesn't Work

* I experienced an incompatibility with some of my existing mp4 media files and when gallery tries to load them they cause a soft reboot. Loading these videos into the gallery media player using a 3rd party file manager seems to work without issue, it is the loading of the preview in gallery that causes the phone to crash.
    Solution: The solution is to use a file manager to move the mp4 files to a new directory and add a ".nomedia" file to that directory so that when browsing photos in the gallery, it does not try to load the offending mp4 files.

* When unlocking the screen, sometimes only the capacitative buttons light up, and the screen doesn't come on. This seems to happen about 80% of the time.
    Solution: This can be fixed by locking the screen, then unlocking it again. In about 5% of these cases the screen does not come on again. Just repeat the steps again until it does.

* You may notice a screen flicker when you first flash this ROM. This is due to a bug where the system can't decide whether to render the graphics with the cpu or the gpu, thus the flicker.
    Solution: This is fixed by turning on Settings -> Developer Options -> Disable HW Overlays (You must first enable Developer Options by pressing 7 times on Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number). This will be reset on every boot. if you install Universal Init.d, my 91fixoverlays script will run on each boot and fix this automatically.

Pre-Installation instructions
    1) Download to your sdcard, the new CWM6.0.3.9 flashable zip which is compatible with CM10.1/CM10.2
    2) Enter your existing CWM Recovery
    3) Install Zip From sdcard
    4) Select the CWM_RECOVERY_6.0.3.9_I757M_20131005.zip that you downloaded to your sdcard
    5) Flash the new Recovery
    6) Go back to the main recovery menu and go Advanced -> Reboot Recovery (This might not actually reboot you into recovery, you may have to do that manually by turning off phone and using 3-button combo)

Now that you have the new recovery flashed to your device, you can continue to install this ROM.

Please be aware that the new recovery detects your sdcards (internal/external) in a different way. Your internal sdcard is recognized as /storage/sdcard0 and your external sdcard is recognized as /storage/sdcard1.

Installation instructions
    1) Download the Rom and Gapps (Use only the Gapps downloded from this thread. It is customized due to our small cache partition)
    2) Enter CWM
    3) TAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
    4) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5) Format Cache
    6) Advanced -> Format Dalvik Cache
    7) Mounts and Storage -> Format /data,/cache and /system (Required for a clean flash)
    8) Flash the Radios
    9) Flash the ROM
    10) Flash the Gapps
    11) Reboot Phone

NOTE: If you are using Philz Touch/Advanced Recovery, you can replace steps 5 - 7 by selecting the "Clean to install a new ROM" option.

Download
    ROM Downloads

Build: 20140224 (Latest)
    ROM: cm-10.2-20140224-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip (185.4MB)
    GAPPS: gapps-jb-20140224-signed.zip (106.5MB)

NOTE: A dirty flash should work for upgrading , but a clean flash is highly recommended

Build: 20140120
    ROM: cm-10.2-20140120-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip (185.4MB)
    GAPPS: gapps-jb-20131231-signed.zip (103.8MB)

Recovery Downloads

NEW *** RECOMMENDED *** Philz Touch Recovery 6 (CWM 6.0.4.5) compatible with CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11.0

* The downloads can also be found here on XDA. Use the "Download" tab at the top of the page to access both direct download or torrent download of this ROM.

Tips and Tricks
    Checkout the second post for some tips and tricks on setting up the ROM.

Changelog
    Code:
    * Added back 91fixoverlays to /system/etc/init.d to disable hw overlays and fix screen flicker on boot
    * Re-worked 91fixoverlays script so that it now runs in it's own shell to stop it from blocking other startup scripts and causing a laggy boot
    * Fixed up device tree code including adding the correct definitions for boot animation size and update to the build fingerprint

[B]December 1, 2013 - Build 20131201[/B]
    * Force gpu rendering in build.prop
    * Improve fix for screen on delay
    * Updated GAPPS

[B]October 29, 2013 - Build 20131029[/B]
    * Tweaked build.prop to fix screen flicker and notification drawer lockup
    * Fixed screen unlock bug - [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common/commit/5e163ff0c5d90a4518cbc9e14c86dceec095c70a"]Commit 5e163ff0c5d90a4518cbc9e14c86dceec095c70a[/URL]
    * Added SmartAssV2 Governor - [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common/commit/511e45206bb9a1454a0c43b3d626749c1fa2c241"]Commit 511e45206bb9a1454a0c43b3d626749c1fa2c241[/URL]
    * Added Adaptive Governor - [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common/commit/7f40cc5808bad6dafc6b351b93b3d0ccbd0777a6"]Commit 7f40cc5808bad6dafc6b351b93b3d0ccbd0777a6[/URL]
    * Added Lagfree Governor - [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common/commit/d1392017601d27303fbce9da18d2af718e7e1a65"]Commit d1392017601d27303fbce9da18d2af718e7e1a65[/URL]
    * Restore Advanced Device Settings - [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_device_samsung_msm8660-common/commit/3126c17c6165c7d96abde4cd7459769e165aa195"]Commit 3126c17c6165c7d96abde4cd7459769e165aa195[/URL] / [URL="https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/android_packages_apps_Settings/commit/9031ffb1f4e4185f397724a27e3d75afe7fd67e4"]Commit 9031ffb1f4e4185f397724a27e3d75afe7fd67e4[/URL]

[B]October 5, 2013 - Build 20131003[/B]
    * Initial release

FAQ
    Q. How do I install SuperSu?
    A. Install the latest version from the market, and also make sure you have Universal Init.d installed and active. Then open SuperSU and when it asks you to update the superuser binary, answer yes and make sure you select the "TWRP/CWM" method. This will reboot your phone into receovery where the superuser binary will be updated and the su daemon script added. When your phone reboots, recovery will warn you that your device may possibly be unrooted. This is because of the install-recovery.sh script that is required to start the superuser daemon which allows SuperSu to manage superuser permissions. You are not unrooted ;-)

If your having difficulties getting SuperSu installed, try downloading the flashable zip and manually flashing it to your phone.

UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip

* Thanks to @formercontra for this tip *

* Make sure this is the way in which you want to manage superuser permissions as I have not yet found a way to revert to the integrated superuser without having to re-flash the rom

Q. How do I access Developer Options?
    A. Go to Settings -> About Phone and scroll to the bottom. Press the Build number 7 times to activate the Developer Options.

Q. Why is my screen flickering?
    A. There is a bug in this ROM where the board can't decide whether to display the frames with the cpu or the gpu, thus the flickering while it resolves the issue. To fix it, disable HW Overlays in Developer Options. This needs to be set on every boot unless you are running Universal Init.d and my 91fixoverlays script is present in the /system/etc/init.d folder.

Q. When I unlock my screen, my menu/home/back/search buttons come on but the screen is black?
    A. This is a known bug in this ROM and is on the list of things that need to be fixed. For now, when this happens, just lock the screen, then unlock it again and the display should come back. If it does not, repeat until it does (the most number of times i had to do that was 3).

Q. I was browsing my pictures/videos in the gallery and my phone rebooted?
    A. This seems to be caused by the gallery trying to generate a preview from the first frame of an mp4 created on older versions. Simply move the mp4's to a different directory with a file manager and add a ".nomedia" file to the folder to stop the gallery from trying to scan them. To open them, open with a filemanager and then select the gallery media player and it will play without issue.

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    * CyanogenMod Team - ROM Base

Without all of the hard work and efforts of the CyanogenMod team, this ROM would not be possible, so we owe them our thanks for providing us with such excellent ROMs.

In addition, I have received a lot of help on my journey to understand and be able to develop for the android platform, so I owe the following people my thanks for helping me to make this ROM possible.

*   [user=673068]@dsixda[/user] - Initial port of CM9/CM10 for SGH-I757M
    *   [user=4974935]@Strange Peer[/user] - Continued development of CM10
    *   [user=3478918]@rukusx7[/user] - Contributor
    *   [user=4435341]@bijon440[/user] - Contributor
    *   [user=4036181]@kj2112[/user] - Contributor
    *   [user=5077807]@Tronith[/user] - Contributor
    *   [user=3651088]@Zippy Dufus[/user] - Contributor
    *   @formercontra - Contributor

Thanks guys you've all been so awesome to work with ;)

One last group of people to thank. It's YOU! Without all of you guys and girls who come to download our creations, there would be no reward for doing this. Thank you for downloading, providing feedback and being part of this small family. You are all appreciated ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    UNOFFICIAL CM10.2 For Bell SGH-I757M, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    titanic_fanatic
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: SGH-I757M
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-10-05
    Last Updated 2014-02-23
    We Have a New Kernel in Beta Testing!!!

Hey guys, so testing the new kernel all day yesterday was quite a breath of fresh air. The fix for the display worked flawlessly all day long. Because testing is going so well, I've decided to release it as a beta right now.

This flashable zip is only a new kernel. You can keep your existing setup, just make sure you remember to take a Nandroid before proceeding.

First, download both zip files just in case you need to revert back to the old kernel. Next boot into CWM and take your nandroid backup. Now flash the new kernel zip SGH-I757M-Kernel-cm10.2-20131013.zip then reboot. Verify that your running the new kernel by going to Settings -> About Phone and verifying the kernel version date.

If you experience any difficulties with the new kernel, all you need to do is flash the other zip to go back to the original kernel. In the event that fails, you have a nandroid backup right ;)

Remember this is a beta, so please be diligent when testing it out and please report any odd happenings. It's important no matter how big or small since we all use our phones in a different manner, what affects one of us might not affect the others ;)

NEW KERNEL: SGH-I757M-Kernel-cm10.2-20131013.zip (5.73MB)
    OLD KERNEL: SGH-I757M-Kernel-cm10.2-20131003.zip (5.72MB)

Enjoy!!!
    New Build Up - 20131029

Hey guys, so the new build is up. It's build 20131029 and is now Android version 4.3.1.

Downloads are both on xda and androidfilehost.com as usual. I have left the previous build up just in case someone needs that build, so make sure you download the right ones. The ROM is build 20131029 and the new gapps package is 20131030 (not to be confused with the first 20131003 gapps package). The new gapps package includes the latest Play Store 4.4.21 and all other apps updated to latest as of October 30, 2013.

There are new governors in this build, and would suggest that you only use the SmartAssV2 governor as the Adaptive and Lagfree governors are really crap and may cause your phone to reboot randomly. Also, it isn't unusual for the phone to lock and reboot while trying to change the governor, so if that happens, just try changing it again after reboot.

I will no longer include my custom init.d scripts as they are really no longer needed and are instead causing issues. PM me if you need either of them and I would be happy to post them.

IT'S BACK!!! The Advanced Device Settings panel where we used to turn BLN on/off, set screen sensitivity and calibrate the gyroscope. I have brought it back to CM10.2 as it was removed as of CM10.1 (not sure why... I use it). To access it, go to Settings -> Device -> Advanced

In the next release, I'm looking to add some more governors for playing with and some IO Schedulers as well. I'm also trying to get the BLN to work properly 100% of the time and add a couple of extra options for it to the Advanced Device Settings panel.

Have fun and Enjoy!!!
    New Build is Up!

Hey guys, the new build is up:

Download
    ROM Downloads

Build: 20131223 (Latest)
    ROM: cm-10.2-20131223-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip (177.3MB)
    GAPPS: gapps-jb-20131223-signed.zip (103.8MB)

Build: 20131201
    ROM: cm-10.2-20131201-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip (177.2MB)
    GAPPS: gapps-jb-20131201-signed.zip (103.1MB)

Recovery Downloads

Changelog
    Code:

*** MERRY CHRISTMAS ***
    How about an update!

I've been running 4.3.1 for two days now and am mostly impressed. It seems like an all around improvement on performance. Less laggy. I've even decided to turn on the 3d rendering engine on my go launcher ex and am loving it. Battery seems to be slightly better as well.

I was also able to get the advanced settings back. I'm not sure if the "colours" section works properly. I'm not really sure what those settings are for in the first place, but the sensitivity, gyroscope and bln/backlight settings all work. Once I have a chance to fix up the bln, there will be other options here too such as custom blink timing and blink timeout which can assist in saving battery.

The advanced settings and all the other tweaks we've worked out will be included with the next build (now a 4.3.1 build) still scheduled for release at the end of the month ;)

Sent from my SGH-I757M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EDIT:
    I'm also adding some extra governors and io schedulers to try out ;)