[ROM] [CM10/CM10.1] [Experimental Preview by Jcsullins] [01/05/14]

Do we start a new thread or rename this one?

• Keep all JC Sullins CM builds under this thread?

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Keep this one as is and start a new one for CM11?

Votes: 50 86.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
gp9sx1u.jpg

New Experimental preview by Jcsullins please go and thank him for this
You can download the CM10 preview here and the GApps here.
Update mirror is available here.

You can download the CM10.1 Experimental here and the GApps here.
Update mirror is available here.​
You can find all the required installation files here,
but you may want to have a look at the thread below so that you know what to do with them.

For Instructions on how to install this Rom please see this post : How to Update/Install Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 Builds on the HP TouchPad
Thanks to RolandDeschain79 for such an informative and comprehensive guide.

Please note this ROM is just for testing and is not considered ready for daily use.
If you are looking for a fully working ROM or are inexperienced at flashing ROMS then this is not for you

I take no credit for this work

Please feel free to post any and all comments including bugs, FC's or any other problems and please try and stay on topic,
also please remember new users will need a lot of help, so lets play nice.​

Last edited:

slyr114

Oct 9, 2011
Cleveland
So Wi-Fi does work? What does and doesn't work?

Sent from my HP TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app

Not Working: Sound, video acceleration, mic, camera. Overall the rom seems pretty smooth besides the main bugs of course. Make a backup if you flash. Wifi seems to be working fine and the guy in the other thread that said charging was messed up must of had a bad flash or something cause charging works just fine here

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm running it and it's working at least as good as CM9 (wifi working, smoother, ...). There is only one problem : battery life is very poor, it keeps dropping down even with usb plugged in !

Yeah, dont keep it on your TouchPad. Apparently the guy in the other thread left it overnight and woke up to a dead TouchPad. I guess not charging when plugged in is a missing feature in this. Thats why its a preview though. Meant more for flashing it, playing with it for a bit then going back to whatever you had before.

So Wi-Fi does work? What does and doesn't work?

Sent from my HP TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app

From what I understand, no hardware acceleration (or at least not fully) so things like games/YouTube dont work, no sound, no mic, no camera and I guess it doesnt charge when plugged in. Probably a list of other issues as well.

chicle_11

Jan 24, 2011
Miami, Florida
I was still running into some minor glitches after flashing cm10, so I restored back to the 7/30 nightly, which is running just right for me.

The glitches are minor, and I would probably use this if my 7/30 build wasn't close to perfect.

Again, thanks to the cyanogen guys that have made this possible. I look forward to installing cm10 after a few of the rough edges are taken care off.

Edit : Thanks to Big Simon for getting this thread started - go click the thanks button for him.

Last edited:

nikeman513

Apr 8, 2011
Not Working: Sound, video acceleration, mic, camera. Overall the rom seems pretty smooth besides the main bugs of course. Make a backup if you flash. Wifi seems to be working fine and the guy in the other thread that said charging was messed up must of had a bad flash or something cause charging works just fine here

Idk man, shaffe.jr, is pretty much confirming my problem. When installing I FDR, formatted system and cache, installed, fixed permissions and booted. Just like I do with all fresh installs. I left it plugged in overnight, because it was showing a charge and I wanted to play with it more in the morning. I woke up with it still on, but showing 0 on battery. I thought that it couldn't be true, because charging symbol was still on. So I unplugged it, as soon as I took it out of the power input, it shut off and is now going through the whole mess of not recognizing charger. I know how to fix that (leave charger in anyways, and allow it to trickle charge slowly for many hours, then immediately boot to CWR).

If anyone else is noticing that problem, please speak up. I don't want this to happen to anyone else!

As far as smoothness, as someone stated in the Q&A, HW acceleration doesn't work. So, you're not going to experience project butter. There's pretty much no point in flashing this yet. I really regret not immediately reverting back to my backup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

shaffe.fr

Sep 1, 2009
For what I've seen , sound, mic and camera are not working. Hardware acceleration is partially working : global UI is a lot smoother, games are no so fast.
Battery seems to be charging : when plugged on AC percentage are going up.
Nevertheless, I will switch back to the last CM9 nightly.

slyr114

Oct 9, 2011
Cleveland
Idk man, shaffe.jr, is pretty much confirming my problem. When installing I FDR, formatted system and cache, installed, fixed permissions and booted. Just like I do with all fresh installs. I left it plugged in overnight, because it was showing a charge and I wanted to play with it more in the morning. I woke up with it still on, but showing 0 on battery. I thought that it couldn't be true, because charging symbol was still on. So I unplugged it, as soon as I took it out of the power input, it shut off and is now going through the whole mess of not recognizing charger. I know how to fix that (leave charger in anyways, and allow it to trickle charge slowly for many hours, then immediately boot to CWR).

If anyone else is noticing that problem, please speak up. I don't want this to happen to anyone else!

As far as smoothness, as someone stated in the Q&A, HW acceleration doesn't work. So, you're not going to experience project butter. There's pretty much no point in flashing this yet. I really regret not immediately reverting back to my backup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
hmm that is strange, mine has been plugged in since i flashed the rom and has not gone down any percentage.When i finally unplugged it for an hour or so and then plugged it back in it recharged normally.

nikos5800

Nov 30, 2010
Jelly bean its really fast and smooth I can't wait for sound and hardware acceleration fix

sonnyjack

Jan 10, 2010
West Virginia
Mine working smooth and fast other than that was mention not working I am happy with its current performance. Congrats to all devs..

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
So I was thinking of trying this out just to see what its like. All I do is wipe data, cache and dalvik, flash rom and gapps, then when I want to go back to cm9, restore my nandroid? When I restore my nandroid, do I have to factory reset then restore nandroid? I'm just asking because with my phone, there's more steps when going from one kernel to another. Don't know if that all applies here though.

Edit: never mind. Doing some research. Lol

Last edited:

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
So I was thinking of trying this out just to see what its like. All I do is wipe data, cache and dalvik, flash rom and gapps, then when I want to go back to cm9, restore my nandroid? When I restore my nandroid, do I have to factory reset then restore nandroid? I'm just asking because with my phone, there's more steps when going from one kernel to another. Don't know if that all applies here though.

Edit: never mind. Doing some research. Lol

When I flashed it I did a nandroid backup, formatted the system partition, flashed rom and gapps, wiped dalvik and cache partitions, fixed permissions then rebooted just to see what would happen, it booted no problem and nearly all of my apps ran fine except ICS Browser+ for obvious reasons, then restored backup and everything is working just the way I left it.
BTW I'm using TWRP 2.2.0 recovery which formats the partitions as it restores them, can't remember if CWM does that.

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
When I flashed it I did a nandroid backup, formatted the system partition, flashed rom and gapps, wiped dalvik and cache partitions, fixed permissions then rebooted just to see what would happen, it booted no problem and nearly all of my apps ran fine except ICS Browser+ for obvious reasons, then restored backup and everything is working just the way I left it.
BTW I'm using TWRP 2.2.0 recovery which formats the partitions as it restores them, can't remember if CWM does that.

OK. I was watching a video where he used ACMEinstaller. Maybe if I don't want to go that route, I'll try our TWRP. Heard it was pretty nice anyway. I'm not sure if CWR formats partitions either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gp9sx1u.jpg

New Experimental preview by Jcsullins please go and thank him for this
    You can download the CM10 preview here and the GApps here.
    Update mirror is available here.

You can download the CM10.1 Experimental here and the GApps here.
    Update mirror is available here.​
    You can find all the required installation files here,
    but you may want to have a look at the thread below so that you know what to do with them.

For Instructions on how to install this Rom please see this post : How to Update/Install Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 Builds on the HP TouchPad
    Thanks to RolandDeschain79 for such an informative and comprehensive guide.

Please note this ROM is just for testing and is not considered ready for daily use.
    If you are looking for a fully working ROM or are inexperienced at flashing ROMS then this is not for you

I take no credit for this work

Please feel free to post any and all comments including bugs, FC's or any other problems and please try and stay on topic,
    also please remember new users will need a lot of help, so lets play nice.​
    I've uploaded a new CM10.1 Bluetooth build:

http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouc...08-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-BLUETOOTH_TEST.zip

Bluetooth keyboards should now work with this build. Note that with the HP Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard, you use the
    keyboard to re-initiate a connection instead of the the Touchpad. So once you get it paired, just turn it off (the keyboard)
    when you are done using it. Turn it back on (the keyboard), and it should re-connect (usually takes about 10 secs).

Also, THIS IS NOT A NEW ROM. This is milaq's unofficial CM10.1 ROM with changes/additions needed to get bluetooth
    working.

I will be making the source available so it can be included in any CM10.1 (based) ROM soon. However, since this was an effort
    than spanned several weeks and touches several source code repositories, it will take a little time to get everything
    cleaned-up and organized properly.

This will most likely be the last Bluetooth test build that I release. After the source is published, I expect that it will be included
    in most if not all CM10.1 ROMs.
    CM10/JB Update

@All: Been away for a couple of weeks, but since a few have questions about the status of CM10/JB, I thought it might be helpful to post some news and observations.

There have been a lot of improvements and additions to CM10 for the TP since my previous build on Sept. 9 before I left town, compared to my latest Sept. 23 build. Most of the improvements can be seen in the increasing speed/smoothness of JB, but some also have to do with the efficiency of say the dalvik. Some of the major additions in CM10 now include a graphing/equation capability in the calculator and timers in the desk clock, along with many other incremental improvements in the other built-in apps.

The major deficiency in CM10 continues to be sound. Several, including myself, have tried a variety of different drivers, libraries, etc., but to no avail. Maybe, the most disconcerting news IMHO is the lack of activity/communication from both Sullins and Hardesty. For example, some CM10 repository review requests for Sullins have gone unanswered for ~3.5 months. Also, I have not seen Sullins responding on the CM IRC and in fact the last time I checked he is no longer actively logged in. Hardesty, even after his statement about returning to active development on the TP a couple of weeks back, has yet to make his presence obvious. Without the contributions/guidance of these two, my fear is that sound in CM10 for the TP will be sometime in coming, unless someone gets very lucky. My own attention is now starting to focus on the so called wrappers between JB and the TP, but this is in fact a brand new area for me to delve into, so I expect the learning curve to be steep.

Finally, in regards to publishing LnT CM9 (yes, there are still continuing changes, almost on a daily basis, for CM9 that are not always obvious via BBQLog) or CM10 (lots of changes every day, some of which are applicable to the TP) again, I have not yet decided what I am going to do. For those few that I have been in contact with via PM or email, please wait to hear from me about an update as I play catch up from being gone for 2 weeks and as time permits to evaluate the current builds.
    Latest build is up:
    http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouc...ENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY.zip

Noted Changes:
    *** FIXES FOR RANDOM REBOOTS ***
    fix for microphone
    expanded desktop available
    pending magnetometer fixes included
    minimum CPU freq now 192Mhz

update:
    mirror: http://techerrata.com/file/cm/touch...ENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY.zip
    Unofficial CM10 for TPad

Please note: This is not LnTCM10. This is a "straight" build of Unofficial CM10 for the TPad that effectively updates the version contained in the OP for those wanting to give JB a whirl.

ROM: Updated in a later post
    MD5: Updated in a later post