[ROM] [CM10/CM10.1] [Experimental Preview by Jcsullins] [01/05/14]

Do we start a new thread or rename this one?

• Keep all JC Sullins CM builds under this thread?

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Keep this one as is and start a new one for CM11?

Votes: 50 86.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

andsamp

Mar 13, 2011
I am on this ROM and want to try out 4.4.2 cm11 by jcsullins. What do I have to do? Just a point in the right direction would be cool. Thanks in advance haven't messed with the touchpad and flashing ROMs for awhile.

Moody66

Nov 6, 2013
Uhrichsville
I am on this ROM and want to try out 4.4.2 cm11 by jcsullins. What do I have to do? Just a point in the right direction would be cool. Thanks in advance haven't messed with the touchpad and flashing ROMs for awhile.

There is a link to that specific informattion in the thread for the rom you are wishing to install whoch can be found here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2712680 . Hope it serves you well!

cubbieswin

Nov 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
Well, I tried updating to the latest version of this ROM when GooManager notified me that there was an update available. My touchpad is stuck in a bootloop and I have no idea how to get into recovery to try to fix this. I'm really frustrated.

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Well, I tried updating to the latest version of this ROM when GooManager notified me that there was an update available. My touchpad is stuck in a bootloop and I have no idea how to get into recovery to try to fix this. I'm really frustrated.

There hasn't been an update to this ROM, goo manager gives a false reading because a newer version of a different ROM is available, just press and hold the power and home buttons until the Touchpad reboots then go back into CWM or TWRP and restore the back up that you made before updating.

Reactions: cubbieswin

cubbieswin

Nov 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
There hasn't been an update to this ROM, goo manager gives a false reading because a newer version of a different ROM is available, just press and hold the power and home buttons until the Touchpad reboots then go back into CWM or TWRP and restore the back up that you made before updating.

That's the problem. I can't get into recovery. When I turn the tablet on it starts the boot animation, goes to an aqua CM logo, then goes to a purple CM logo that has 2 other little purple CM logos. It won't go past that screen. It stays there for a while and then reboots.

If I could get into recovery, I could restore my backup. I'm reading threads but there is a ton of information (new and old).

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
That's the problem. I can't get into recovery. When I turn the tablet on it starts the boot animation, goes to an aqua CM logo, then goes to a purple CM logo that has 2 other little purple CM logos. It won't go past that screen. It stays there for a while and then reboots.

If I could get into recovery, I could restore my backup. I'm reading threads but there is a ton of information (new and old).

Hmm, don't know how you have managed that one, when you reboot it should show the HP logo then go to the moboot screen before trying to load CyanogenMod, the only way that i can think of is to use JcSullins TPToolbox to reflash CWM or TWRP, follow the instructions on his thread here but just choose to install android and only place CWM or TWRP in to the ttinstall folder when asked, not sure if that will work but its worth a try,

jcsullins

Jul 20, 2010

Try holding the Home button down when you reboot. That should force moboot to give you a boot menu.

cubbieswin

Nov 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
Try holding the Home button down when you reboot. That should force moboot to give you a boot menu.

I just tried that again and if I hold down the Home button I get a message "Please release keys.." I've tried holding down the power button with the volume down button and home as well.

I don't want to think it but I am afraid I may be screwed. I took some video of the boot loop that I'll share as soon as I can get it somewhere to share. I had to take video because the only text that flashes during the boot process is only up for a fraction of a second so I couldn't read it.

jcsullins

Jul 20, 2010
I just tried that again and if I hold down the Home button I get a message "Please release keys.." I've tried holding down the power button with the volume down button and home as well.

I don't want to think it but I am afraid I may be screwed. I took some video of the boot loop that I'll share as soon as I can get it somewhere to share. I had to take video because the only text that flashes during the boot process is only up for a fraction of a second so I couldn't read it.

So I guess when you released the Home button when asked, it didn't give a menu? If that's the case, you have the very first version
of moboot installed (released in or before Nov, 2011) which doesn't support the "forced-menu."

So you could hold the VolumeUp key (next to power) while booting to get the big USB symbol. Then follow the steps from this
post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52850588&postcount=275 but make sure to use the appropriate CWM.

cubbieswin

Nov 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
So I guess when you released the Home button when asked, it didn't give a menu? If that's the case, you have the very first version
of moboot installed (released in or before Nov, 2011) which doesn't support the "forced-menu."

So you could hold the VolumeUp key (next to power) while booting to get the big USB symbol. Then follow the steps from this
post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52850588&postcount=275 but make sure to use the appropriate CWM.

Oh man... you are correct about moboot. I have the first version installed. I think you might have saved my bacon. I got the big USB symbol up now and I am looking at the link you posted. This seems promising!

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Ok, I'm following the post. I've gone to the OP listed in the instructions. In the OP, I see 3 recovery downloads. 2 CWM and 1 TWRP. I had TWRP on my touchpad when it was working, however, you said to use the appropriate CWM. Which is the appropriate recovery file to use? I'm sorry if I am missing something obvious.

jcsullins

Jul 20, 2010
Oh man... you are correct about moboot. I have the first version installed. I think you might have saved my bacon. I got the big USB symbol up now and I am looking at the link you posted. This seems promising!

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Ok, I'm following the post. I've gone to the OP listed in the instructions. In the OP, I see 3 recovery downloads. 2 CWM and 1 TWRP. I had TWRP on my touchpad when it was working, however, you said to use the appropriate CWM. Which is the appropriate recovery file to use? I'm sorry if I am missing something obvious.

http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/recovery/update-CWM6_tenderloin-20121215.zip

cubbieswin

Nov 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
Hmm, don't know how you have managed that one, when you reboot it should show the HP logo then go to the moboot screen before trying to load CyanogenMod, the only way that i can think of is to use JcSullins TPToolbox to reflash CWM or TWRP, follow the instructions on his thread here but just choose to install android and only place CWM or TWRP in to the ttinstall folder when asked, not sure if that will work but its worth a try,

Before you replied, I gave it a shot using TWRP. I got into recovery and was able to restore my backup. I'm back where I was before. I'm looking at your toolbox stuff now. I'll read through that and use that for any updates now.

Thanks to you and BigSimon for your help!

Reactions: BIGSimon

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Before you replied, I gave it a shot using TWRP. I got into recovery and was able to restore my backup. I'm back where I was before. I'm looking at your toolbox stuff now. I'll read through that and use that for any updates now.

Thanks to you and BigSimon for your help!

I'm glad that you managed to get sorted out, well done.
The TPToolbox is probably one of the best things to happen to the Touchpad in recent times, it makes installing Android so easy whether it's a standard CM10 or a CM11 datamedia build, also we have the added bonus of removing WebOS completely, just read through @jcsullins thread and give it a go.

Reactions: irha and cubbieswin

cubbieswin

Nov 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm glad that you managed to get sorted out, well done.
The TPToolbox is probably one of the best things to happen to the Touchpad in recent times, it makes installing Android so easy whether it's a standard CM10 or a CM11 datamedia build, also we have the added bonus of removing WebOS completely, just read through @jcsullins thread and give it a go.

Will do. The first thing I did after getting back up and running was to update moboot to the latest version. I've never had a reason to update it before now as I was always able to get into recovery when I ran into problems before. I've never ran into a problem that destroyed recovery before. I'm thankful for guys like you and Jcsullins.

Reactions: BIGSimon

macpat83

Feb 24, 2010
I tried searching but can someone point me in the direction of a Netflix fix. I have a half gray screen when trying to use Netflix.

anonxlg

Sep 3, 2011
i took the plunge and updated my cm9 to cm10.1 because bluetooth works only to discover that sixaxis specifically doesn't work :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gp9sx1u.jpg

New Experimental preview by Jcsullins please go and thank him for this
    You can download the CM10 preview here and the GApps here.
    Update mirror is available here.

You can download the CM10.1 Experimental here and the GApps here.
    Update mirror is available here.​
    You can find all the required installation files here,
    but you may want to have a look at the thread below so that you know what to do with them.

For Instructions on how to install this Rom please see this post : How to Update/Install Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 Builds on the HP TouchPad
    Thanks to RolandDeschain79 for such an informative and comprehensive guide.

Please note this ROM is just for testing and is not considered ready for daily use.
    If you are looking for a fully working ROM or are inexperienced at flashing ROMS then this is not for you

I take no credit for this work

Please feel free to post any and all comments including bugs, FC's or any other problems and please try and stay on topic,
    also please remember new users will need a lot of help, so lets play nice.​
    I've uploaded a new CM10.1 Bluetooth build:

http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouc...08-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-BLUETOOTH_TEST.zip

Bluetooth keyboards should now work with this build. Note that with the HP Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard, you use the
    keyboard to re-initiate a connection instead of the the Touchpad. So once you get it paired, just turn it off (the keyboard)
    when you are done using it. Turn it back on (the keyboard), and it should re-connect (usually takes about 10 secs).

Also, THIS IS NOT A NEW ROM. This is milaq's unofficial CM10.1 ROM with changes/additions needed to get bluetooth
    working.

I will be making the source available so it can be included in any CM10.1 (based) ROM soon. However, since this was an effort
    than spanned several weeks and touches several source code repositories, it will take a little time to get everything
    cleaned-up and organized properly.

This will most likely be the last Bluetooth test build that I release. After the source is published, I expect that it will be included
    in most if not all CM10.1 ROMs.
    CM10/JB Update

@All: Been away for a couple of weeks, but since a few have questions about the status of CM10/JB, I thought it might be helpful to post some news and observations.

There have been a lot of improvements and additions to CM10 for the TP since my previous build on Sept. 9 before I left town, compared to my latest Sept. 23 build. Most of the improvements can be seen in the increasing speed/smoothness of JB, but some also have to do with the efficiency of say the dalvik. Some of the major additions in CM10 now include a graphing/equation capability in the calculator and timers in the desk clock, along with many other incremental improvements in the other built-in apps.

The major deficiency in CM10 continues to be sound. Several, including myself, have tried a variety of different drivers, libraries, etc., but to no avail. Maybe, the most disconcerting news IMHO is the lack of activity/communication from both Sullins and Hardesty. For example, some CM10 repository review requests for Sullins have gone unanswered for ~3.5 months. Also, I have not seen Sullins responding on the CM IRC and in fact the last time I checked he is no longer actively logged in. Hardesty, even after his statement about returning to active development on the TP a couple of weeks back, has yet to make his presence obvious. Without the contributions/guidance of these two, my fear is that sound in CM10 for the TP will be sometime in coming, unless someone gets very lucky. My own attention is now starting to focus on the so called wrappers between JB and the TP, but this is in fact a brand new area for me to delve into, so I expect the learning curve to be steep.

Finally, in regards to publishing LnT CM9 (yes, there are still continuing changes, almost on a daily basis, for CM9 that are not always obvious via BBQLog) or CM10 (lots of changes every day, some of which are applicable to the TP) again, I have not yet decided what I am going to do. For those few that I have been in contact with via PM or email, please wait to hear from me about an update as I play catch up from being gone for 2 weeks and as time permits to evaluate the current builds.
    Latest build is up:
    http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouc...ENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY.zip

Noted Changes:
    *** FIXES FOR RANDOM REBOOTS ***
    fix for microphone
    expanded desktop available
    pending magnetometer fixes included
    minimum CPU freq now 192Mhz

update:
    mirror: http://techerrata.com/file/cm/touch...ENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY.zip
    Unofficial CM10 for TPad

Please note: This is not LnTCM10. This is a "straight" build of Unofficial CM10 for the TPad that effectively updates the version contained in the OP for those wanting to give JB a whirl.

ROM: Updated in a later post
    MD5: Updated in a later post