[ROM] CM10 Unofficial - Open for business 4.4.14

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
sorry. finger error. is ro.disable_phablet = 1 but still follows the phone mode.
some other way?

Try
ro.sys.tabletui=1 instead.

Just realized, no spaces around = sorry.

And reboot.

Beat me lol had to look it up, I dont force tablet UI since Google is killing it in 4.2, you all better get used to phone UI. Even 10" have it now.

Sent from my HTC DNA

Reactions: justjackyl

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012
Try

And reboot.

Beat me lol had to look it up, I dont force tablet UI since Google is killing it in 4.2, you all better get used to phone UI. Even 10" have it now.

Sent from my HTC DNA

lol man, we are both a lil off today.
tabui...close

Sent from G2x, CM7 Weekly 1-1-13, Faux 054.

josegalre

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2011
El Salvador
www.pac-rom.com
Try

And reboot.

Sent from my HTC DNA

again does not work, I changed the dpi to 133 and if it works but it looks small. it's a shame that Google delete the TableUI

josegalre

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2011
El Salvador
www.pac-rom.com
absolutely sure that you save the changes, everything stays the same when you restart. even edit it with notepad + +, I went back to install the rom with build.prop changed and no aply TableUI

Last edited:

das_webos_transformer

Feb 3, 2012
I think I know what your problem it. Can you pasteBIN your build.prop so we can see it?

Sent from my vangogh using xda app-developers app

jared_schaefer

Jan 7, 2011
quick question what's the resolution, and with the changing dpi does that change it?

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk HD

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
quick question what's the resolution, and with the changing dpi does that change it?

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk HD

1024x600. No it doesn't change resolution, it changes what the system "thinks" is the resolution, and changes the UI accordingly. So, makes it smaller, larger, triggers UI changes, etc. It also breaks app compatability in play store, random apps will develop issues, crashes, so on.

Sent from my HTC DNA

das_webos_transformer

Feb 3, 2012
Idk... PIO make it work wahhhhh lol

Maybe its in there all ready and we're just missing it, I've done that a zillion times. I'll quadroople double check

Hmm... maybe ro.system
Or ro.config Idk wuuurd

Sent from my A100 using xda app-developers app
Also these a nimmations are crazy yo!

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Idk... PIO make it work wahhhhh lol

Maybe its in there all ready and we're just missing it, I've done that a zillion times. I'll quadroople double check

Hmm... maybe ro.system
Or ro.config Idk wuuurd

Sent from my A100 using xda app-developers app
Also these a nimmations are crazy yo!

Suppose I could manually force it in the source again, but really, its time to get over it, its going away on all your next devices anyways, just get used to it now.

Sent from my HTC DNA

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
Before my tab bricked, I was able to get a tablet ui on a CM10 rom but using the files from some devs at the N7 forums: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1780970

I wasn't able to FULLY test it, but from limited experience, it worked like a charm. Keep in mind that this is a slightly more advanced trick, as well it has not been tested on THIS particular rom! It also may have been dumb that I even tried such a thing, but it seemed to work for me.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Before my tab bricked, I was able to get a tablet ui on a CM10 rom but using the files from some devs at the N7 forums: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1780970

I wasn't able to FULLY test it, but from limited experience, it worked like a charm. Keep in mind that this is a slightly more advanced trick, as well it has not been tested on THIS particular rom! It also may have been dumb that I even tried such a thing, but it seemed to work for me.

I did that before and it was a disaster. People were using it on random roms and wondering why the UI crashed and blamed me for having to wipe and reflash the Rom. Its only valid for a single build then likely crashes the next one. I don't suggest it. Use the effin built in tag for tabui in cm10.

Edit I can still force tab UI but that requires me to build each one a second time, which rather unrealistic to expect from me, but if you all can't use the proper UI ill see about building a B3 with tab UI today. I haven't updated source so it'll be the same just tab UI stuffed in there, no going back to phone UI though.

Sent from my HTC DNA

Last edited:
Reactions: farukb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please note, I'm retired, and for the most part I don't visit XDA very often, I will respond if I happen to notice there's been a post, but don't send me angry PMs if I don't, personal life and finances has made it almost impossible to continue my work with android at all.

That being said, I'll still help where and when I can.

First and foremost, this is based on waydownsouth's trees, both the T20-common and the A100 specific trees with some updates and changes and additions from me.

I can't test anything, I don't have an A100.

These are not going to be nightly, daily, weekly, or whatever, these are now simply where I post test builds from working on the trees.

These are 4.1.2, and NOT 4.2! Use the 4.1.2 GApps packages!

Since I'm starting over, there are things that NEED to be tested, please:

BlueTooth
    GPS
    WiFi
    Audio in general/performance
    Audio specific outputs/inputs, such as headphones, headsets, BT, HDMI, dock, USB, whatever you can think of.
    Video playback support/performance
    Mounts, internal, external, swapped, whatever.
    UI performance, I don't mean "It has a slight stutter for 1/4 of a second scrolling my 500 apps app drawer 2 seconds after it booted" I mean it either runs well or runs like crap over a day or two of use.
    Cameras. I mean cameras in normal designed use, not photosphere or why it won't take clear pictures underwater at 8mp from the front camera.
    Whatever else you can think of that needs testing

Please report them here, this is to take the random stuff out of the trees thread and keep here where it's more relevant.

As usual right off Hardslog has permission to use these as bases for whatever he wants, in a pinch, he can use them for toilet paper, anyone else please ask or let me know first.
    Downloads
    Ok, goo.im went down, and pio-masaki.com is gone, so the files are effectively gone for ever. I have 1 single build, B3 TabUI Mod, which you can find here:
    CLICKY CLICKY

Also a far older, dusty, ancient build is tucked away over on devhost, which is here:
    GRANDMA CM10
    I have no idea what works or doesn't with it.

If those don't float your boat, head over to the kuroikaze thread, there's some builds there as well, 4.1 and 4.3 based.

Feel free to use any gapps packages you wish, but please use 4.1, if you have issues with things like keyboard vanishing/crashing, play store or other stuff crashing, these ARE gapps related.

Change log:

B1 - 11-08-12: Initial updated 4.1.2 build. Addressed HDMI audio. Memory bar added to recent apps.

B2 - 11-25-12: Updated source build. Memory bar in recent apps removed, "kill all" button added to recent apps instead, upstream CM change.

B3 - 1-13-13: Updated source, built using Linaro 4.7 toolchain and -O3 and strict-aliasing in various areas. ROM only, kernel is still stock CM9. Basically just an updated build for you guys, haven't addressed anything in particular.

B3 - 1-13-13 Modded:
    Acid Audio with Sony and Awesome Beats, new transition animations, slight dalvik tweaks. Just some of the stuff I've been working with on the Thrive added in for flavor. Untested.

B3.5 - 1-17-13: Updated source to B3, however is built with Tablet UI forced, otherwise stock build of CM10, no mods. Don't expect me to keep doing dual builds of CM10 for you guys =p

B3.5 Modded - 1-17-13: Updated source to B3, however is built with Tablet UI forced, same mods as B3 Modded.

B4 - 1-19-13: Addressed GPS issues, Trebuchet oddness and clock fitment (cutoff). Blind fixes, may fix everything or nothing.

B5 - 2-01-13: Nothing special, just an updated build as was asked about. Here's your friday night flash fix guys. Apparently broke external SD mounts somewhere.

B3 Tablet UI and B4 Phablet UI:

Seeder
    AC!D audio
    XLoud
    Supercharged
    Die Hard launcher
    init.d memory tweaks
    time killer killer mod
    maximum overdrive mod
    service preserver
    transition animations

Updated source
    Trimmed the trees a little
    Added prebuilt kernel and modules
    Simply a test build that the changes didn't break anything.

Experimental 3G/RIL support for A101 devices!

Memory management, in a couple places now, to help with memory leak issues. While it may not prevent the memory leaks, it should prevent it from impacting the system so badly. Thank you, nVidia.
    Dock settings added for those with the dock. Does anyone even have one?
    BT DUN, WiFi P2P and WiFi Direct support added (experimental)
    Rotation Lock Switch support added (back) in
    Music Visualization overlay settings
    Add large heap to launcher2
    Tuning of the boardconfig and device files for UI.
    Probably more I'm forgetting.

20130801:
    Paths in init corrected, should fix mount issues from B5 to now.
    Lockscreen rotation enabled even with switch in use by the ROM in overlay.

20130801-B2:
    Redid init, should all be peachy again.

20130802:
    Once again massive battles for no real obvious reasons besides I'm getting rusty.
    Internal SD workd as it should
    External SD works as it should
    USB Storage ability added
    Settings>Storage crash corrected, no longer force closes

Should now be back to a daily driver usable status, so please do further testing on audio, etc and report back your findings. @hardslog, this update may finally be good enough for an updated base lol

20140404:
    Updated source
    Trees are 99.9999% the same as last build, with one change:
    Remove unsupported overlay
    Won't, or shouldn't, have any apparent changes.
    Built on request from our Russian cousins.

waydownsouth - for working with me enough to even begin to comprehend what he's done for the Iconia devices.
    randomblame - for helping me getting jellytime up on the A100 and helping me out with random ideas and interesting conversations in IRC.
    ntan97 - being my tester in IRC for the most random ideas I've ever had.
    justjackyl - for being my go to guy for testing anything I do for the A100.
    Cyanogenmod - for obvious reasons.
    Google - for obvious reasons.
    The team behind Acid Audio
    The guy(s) behind Awesome Beats
    Everyone who's donated, its appreciated
    I'm sure I missed some, if I did it's nothing personal.
    Instructions

Coming from a previous pio_masaki build:
    Make a nandroid backup of your current install, backup system, boot and data. Recovery optional.
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Wipe System
    Install from zip (cwm) or install (twrp) and pick the cm10 zip you want.
    CWM:
    Hit yes (cwm)
    Flash Gapps (cwm) *use a 4.1.2 GApps, not a 4.2 GApps*
    TWRP
    Hit the additional zip button, add gapps zip *use a 4.1.2 GApps, not a 4.2 GApps*
    Slide to flash
    Both
    Reboot
    Let ROM sit for 10 minutes
    Reboot
    Let ROM sit for 5 minutes, begin normal usage.

Coming from any ROM besides a pio_masaki CM10
    Make a full nandroid backup
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik
    Wipe System
    Factory Reset (optional, blackhole wipe, this will wipe internal SD as well!)
    Install from zip (cwm) or install (twrp) and pick the cm10 zip you want.
    CWM:
    Hit yes (cwm)
    Flash Gapps (cwm) *use a 4.1.2 GApps, not a 4.2 GApps*
    TWRP
    Hit the additional zip button, add gapps zip *use a 4.1.2 GApps, not a 4.2 GApps*
    Slide to flash
    Both
    Let ROM boot, allow for up to 15 minutes.
    Once the welcome screen appears, let it sit for 10 minutes. Don't do setup yet.
    Reboot
    Let sit 5 more minutes.
    Proceed with setup wizard
    Restore USER apps only. Restore data if needed, otherwise start fresh from the Play Store.
    DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM APPS OR DATA
    Reboot after restore is finished.
    Use as normal.
    Cool, thanks for the love!

Sent from my LG-LS840

I've always shown the A100 love, its just been behind the scenes. I've been helping..probably 10 people now build and whatnot for this device, just nothing has come of it yet, or it hasn't been posted here, it may be elsewhere, I don't really go anywhere besides here and the thrive forums.

Anyways I'm cleaning up and preparing for something more fun then boring old CM10 ;) An A100 project I never got to finish just may finally be finished soon.
    Re: [ROM] CM10 Unofficial Builds B4 Linaro 1-19-13/CM10.1 Tester

Yeah..looks all good to me..one thing with the pull down menu..its a little hard to clear messages and such..just a little close..I'll post a screeny when I get home..it functions though..I'm digging it..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah its a little annoying on the n7 too, just gotten used to it I guess.

OK couple things to note coming up:

Cm10.1 is getting it's own thread, its going to get confusing quick, it was just to test the waters. It'll move to its own thread tonight sometime.

A new twrp is being worked on to handle the /0 thing 4.2 ROMs does, it will also go up in its own thread when its ready. Again kept in mind this is all being done blind, I have no idea what will or won't work on it.

Already have another 4.2 ROM lined up for you guys....once WiFi is hammered out.

After that is all done I think I'll fully retire from the a100, a lot of time is being diverted to a device I don't have, again, when I have donators to appease on other devices.

Sent from my HTC DNA