[ROM] CM10 Unofficial - Open for business 4.4.14

Search This thread

ImJamIN

Jul 26, 2006
R: [ROM] CM10 Unofficial Builds B5 Linaro 2-01-13

Hi Pio,
I've tried B4 and it work. Sd-ext is mounted.

I've seen that with tablet ui, touch is more responsive on portrait mode

Last edited:

billypoke

May 4, 2011
Durham, NC
Re: [ROM] CM10 Unofficial Builds B5 Linaro 2-01-13

Hi Pio,
I've tried B4 and it work. Sd-ext is mounted.

I've seen that with tablet ui, touch is more responsive on portrait mode

I concur. I always found tab ui to be much more responsive and smooth than phablet. Transitions and overall feel seem much nicer, although it may just be a placebo type thing.

Either way, this is a great rom and is very much appreciated considering pio doesn't even have the device. I thank you good sir, for all your contributions to this little community of ours. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

Are we talking external SD or that stupid sd-ext partition that isn't working? There's a difference :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 - JBSourcery 4.5

max69power

Nov 4, 2011
florida
On b4 the external_ SD card works perfectly I am running Linux on Android from it. Before we get too far away from it the recent apps button and the back button don't respond every time is there an apk that can fix that like the home button fix. If we could get a tablet build with the soft button fix it would be perfect.

Thank you Pio_masaki for all your work on making the a100 better than Acer with a team of programmers could not do

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

On b4 the external_ SD card works perfectly I am running Linux on Android from it. Before we get too far away from it the recent apps button and the back button don't respond every time is there an apk that can fix that like the home button fix. If we could get a tablet build with the soft button fix it would be perfect.

Thank you Pio_masaki for all your work on making the a100 better than Acer with a team of programmers could not do

What was wrong with the home button that needs a fix? And I don't recall any reports of it not working, nor anything else not working in the UI..

Side note, I've noticed even on my n7 what seems like unresponsive back button, its actually that annoying Google search thing trying to activate, maybe see if you're not really tapping but maybe dragging slightly and causing that to happen. The more responsive the screen is the more likely that is to happen.

jared_schaefer

Jan 7, 2011

I've noticed with the back and recent apps buttons if you add the search or menu button to the far right the buttons work much better.
mumupy2e.jpg

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360002302243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360002302243.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: illego

jcru53

Jun 21, 2011
Denver

As far as unresponsive buttons my fix is to lock rotation. When the device is rotated to landscape then back to portrait the buttons spread out. If that happens I go to system settings and reset the nav bar.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

pakisan

Jan 30, 2012
R: [ROM] CM10 Unofficial Builds B5 Linaro 2-01-13

on b5 tablet UI work external_SD?

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

jared_schaefer

Jan 7, 2011

on b5 tablet UI work external_SD?

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

Of your asking if the external SD is showing on B5 tablet IU with a file manager I think the answer is no, correct me if I'm wrong guys. I know for sure it's not working on the regular B5.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Pio speaking of the SD issue on B5 do you still need logs? I haven't had time to flash back and get them or are just going to be done this this one?

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

Of your asking if the external SD is showing on B5 tablet IU with a file manager I think the answer is no, correct me if I'm wrong guys. I know for sure it's not working on the regular B5.

If its broken in phablet then its likely broken in tablet too, outside of the UI specific things.

Sent from my HTC DNA

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Pio speaking of the SD issue on B5 do you still need logs? I haven't had time to flash back and get them or are just going to be done this this one?

I still need the logs from B4 to compare to B5, not in any rush right now, EGL broke on the thrive which means it broke on the a100 and I just can't find the want to fix that stuff again. A few to many promises made then broken. For some its not a big deal, but for me if I make a promise or give my word I'll do everything in my power to keep it, so I take it very personally when others lack the respect to keep theirs. I don't mean things like getting logs, I know people don't want to flash broken stuff for a log just to flash back to working again, I'm mostly referring to how I should have 3 varying degrees of broken a100s to work with and still have none despite offering donation money. My working with the a100 was based on these promises.

I'll release the final modded B4, maybe freshen up sosei rc1 a little, after that it may or may not continue. My focus is on my work with Team Sourcery as their n7 and n10 dev anyways, though lacking the n10 it may be difficult lol

Sent from my HTC DNA

jared_schaefer

Jan 7, 2011
I still need the logs from B4 to compare to B5, not in any rush right now, EGL broke on the thrive which means it broke on the a100 and I just can't find the want to fix that stuff again. A few to many promises made then broken. For some its not a big deal, but for me if I make a promise or give my word I'll do everything in my power to keep it, so I take it very personally when others lack the respect to keep theirs. I don't mean things like getting logs, I know people don't want to flash broken stuff for a log just to flash back to working again, I'm mostly referring to how I should have 3 varying degrees of broken a100s to work with and still have none despite offering donation money. My working with the a100 was based on these promises.

I'll release the final modded B4, maybe freshen up sosei rc1 a little, after that it may or may not continue. My focus is on my work with Team Sourcery as their n7 and n10 dev anyways, though lacking the n10 it may be difficult lol

Sent from my HTC DNA

Here are logs from b4

Attachments

• alogcat.2013-02-07-14-31-27-0600.txt
    98.4 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: pio_masaki

jared_schaefer

Jan 7, 2011

Ok I'll get it, my first time so I wasn't sure what you needed.

Reactions: pio_masaki

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

Let me know if this is right, and xda's attachment server is down so it's from my dropbox.

http://db.tt/MiWjZO2M

Still to long before the log is dumped, you can literally reboot, dump the log. Its way at the very beginning, running for 10 minutes may push it out of the buffer depending on what's going on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please note, I'm retired, and for the most part I don't visit XDA very often, I will respond if I happen to notice there's been a post, but don't send me angry PMs if I don't, personal life and finances has made it almost impossible to continue my work with android at all.

That being said, I'll still help where and when I can.

First and foremost, this is based on waydownsouth's trees, both the T20-common and the A100 specific trees with some updates and changes and additions from me.

I can't test anything, I don't have an A100.

These are not going to be nightly, daily, weekly, or whatever, these are now simply where I post test builds from working on the trees.

These are 4.1.2, and NOT 4.2! Use the 4.1.2 GApps packages!

Since I'm starting over, there are things that NEED to be tested, please:

BlueTooth
    GPS
    WiFi
    Audio in general/performance
    Audio specific outputs/inputs, such as headphones, headsets, BT, HDMI, dock, USB, whatever you can think of.
    Video playback support/performance
    Mounts, internal, external, swapped, whatever.
    UI performance, I don't mean "It has a slight stutter for 1/4 of a second scrolling my 500 apps app drawer 2 seconds after it booted" I mean it either runs well or runs like crap over a day or two of use.
    Cameras. I mean cameras in normal designed use, not photosphere or why it won't take clear pictures underwater at 8mp from the front camera.
    Whatever else you can think of that needs testing

Please report them here, this is to take the random stuff out of the trees thread and keep here where it's more relevant.

As usual right off Hardslog has permission to use these as bases for whatever he wants, in a pinch, he can use them for toilet paper, anyone else please ask or let me know first.
    Downloads
    Ok, goo.im went down, and pio-masaki.com is gone, so the files are effectively gone for ever. I have 1 single build, B3 TabUI Mod, which you can find here:
    CLICKY CLICKY

Also a far older, dusty, ancient build is tucked away over on devhost, which is here:
    GRANDMA CM10
    I have no idea what works or doesn't with it.

If those don't float your boat, head over to the kuroikaze thread, there's some builds there as well, 4.1 and 4.3 based.

Feel free to use any gapps packages you wish, but please use 4.1, if you have issues with things like keyboard vanishing/crashing, play store or other stuff crashing, these ARE gapps related.

Change log:

B1 - 11-08-12: Initial updated 4.1.2 build. Addressed HDMI audio. Memory bar added to recent apps.

B2 - 11-25-12: Updated source build. Memory bar in recent apps removed, "kill all" button added to recent apps instead, upstream CM change.

B3 - 1-13-13: Updated source, built using Linaro 4.7 toolchain and -O3 and strict-aliasing in various areas. ROM only, kernel is still stock CM9. Basically just an updated build for you guys, haven't addressed anything in particular.

B3 - 1-13-13 Modded:
    Acid Audio with Sony and Awesome Beats, new transition animations, slight dalvik tweaks. Just some of the stuff I've been working with on the Thrive added in for flavor. Untested.

B3.5 - 1-17-13: Updated source to B3, however is built with Tablet UI forced, otherwise stock build of CM10, no mods. Don't expect me to keep doing dual builds of CM10 for you guys =p

B3.5 Modded - 1-17-13: Updated source to B3, however is built with Tablet UI forced, same mods as B3 Modded.

B4 - 1-19-13: Addressed GPS issues, Trebuchet oddness and clock fitment (cutoff). Blind fixes, may fix everything or nothing.

B5 - 2-01-13: Nothing special, just an updated build as was asked about. Here's your friday night flash fix guys. Apparently broke external SD mounts somewhere.

B3 Tablet UI and B4 Phablet UI:

Seeder
    AC!D audio
    XLoud
    Supercharged
    Die Hard launcher
    init.d memory tweaks
    time killer killer mod
    maximum overdrive mod
    service preserver
    transition animations

Updated source
    Trimmed the trees a little
    Added prebuilt kernel and modules
    Simply a test build that the changes didn't break anything.

Experimental 3G/RIL support for A101 devices!

Memory management, in a couple places now, to help with memory leak issues. While it may not prevent the memory leaks, it should prevent it from impacting the system so badly. Thank you, nVidia.
    Dock settings added for those with the dock. Does anyone even have one?
    BT DUN, WiFi P2P and WiFi Direct support added (experimental)
    Rotation Lock Switch support added (back) in
    Music Visualization overlay settings
    Add large heap to launcher2
    Tuning of the boardconfig and device files for UI.
    Probably more I'm forgetting.

20130801:
    Paths in init corrected, should fix mount issues from B5 to now.
    Lockscreen rotation enabled even with switch in use by the ROM in overlay.

20130801-B2:
    Redid init, should all be peachy again.

20130802:
    Once again massive battles for no real obvious reasons besides I'm getting rusty.
    Internal SD workd as it should
    External SD works as it should
    USB Storage ability added
    Settings>Storage crash corrected, no longer force closes

Should now be back to a daily driver usable status, so please do further testing on audio, etc and report back your findings. @hardslog, this update may finally be good enough for an updated base lol

20140404:
    Updated source
    Trees are 99.9999% the same as last build, with one change:
    Remove unsupported overlay
    Won't, or shouldn't, have any apparent changes.
    Built on request from our Russian cousins.

waydownsouth - for working with me enough to even begin to comprehend what he's done for the Iconia devices.
    randomblame - for helping me getting jellytime up on the A100 and helping me out with random ideas and interesting conversations in IRC.
    ntan97 - being my tester in IRC for the most random ideas I've ever had.
    justjackyl - for being my go to guy for testing anything I do for the A100.
    Cyanogenmod - for obvious reasons.
    Google - for obvious reasons.
    The team behind Acid Audio
    The guy(s) behind Awesome Beats
    Everyone who's donated, its appreciated
    I'm sure I missed some, if I did it's nothing personal.
    Instructions

Coming from a previous pio_masaki build:
    Make a nandroid backup of your current install, backup system, boot and data. Recovery optional.
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Wipe System
    Install from zip (cwm) or install (twrp) and pick the cm10 zip you want.
    CWM:
    Hit yes (cwm)
    Flash Gapps (cwm) *use a 4.1.2 GApps, not a 4.2 GApps*
    TWRP
    Hit the additional zip button, add gapps zip *use a 4.1.2 GApps, not a 4.2 GApps*
    Slide to flash
    Both
    Reboot
    Let ROM sit for 10 minutes
    Reboot
    Let ROM sit for 5 minutes, begin normal usage.

Coming from any ROM besides a pio_masaki CM10
    Make a full nandroid backup
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik
    Wipe System
    Factory Reset (optional, blackhole wipe, this will wipe internal SD as well!)
    Install from zip (cwm) or install (twrp) and pick the cm10 zip you want.
    CWM:
    Hit yes (cwm)
    Flash Gapps (cwm) *use a 4.1.2 GApps, not a 4.2 GApps*
    TWRP
    Hit the additional zip button, add gapps zip *use a 4.1.2 GApps, not a 4.2 GApps*
    Slide to flash
    Both
    Let ROM boot, allow for up to 15 minutes.
    Once the welcome screen appears, let it sit for 10 minutes. Don't do setup yet.
    Reboot
    Let sit 5 more minutes.
    Proceed with setup wizard
    Restore USER apps only. Restore data if needed, otherwise start fresh from the Play Store.
    DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM APPS OR DATA
    Reboot after restore is finished.
    Use as normal.
    Cool, thanks for the love!

Sent from my LG-LS840

I've always shown the A100 love, its just been behind the scenes. I've been helping..probably 10 people now build and whatnot for this device, just nothing has come of it yet, or it hasn't been posted here, it may be elsewhere, I don't really go anywhere besides here and the thrive forums.

Anyways I'm cleaning up and preparing for something more fun then boring old CM10 ;) An A100 project I never got to finish just may finally be finished soon.
    Re: [ROM] CM10 Unofficial Builds B4 Linaro 1-19-13/CM10.1 Tester

Yeah..looks all good to me..one thing with the pull down menu..its a little hard to clear messages and such..just a little close..I'll post a screeny when I get home..it functions though..I'm digging it..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah its a little annoying on the n7 too, just gotten used to it I guess.

OK couple things to note coming up:

Cm10.1 is getting it's own thread, its going to get confusing quick, it was just to test the waters. It'll move to its own thread tonight sometime.

A new twrp is being worked on to handle the /0 thing 4.2 ROMs does, it will also go up in its own thread when its ready. Again kept in mind this is all being done blind, I have no idea what will or won't work on it.

Already have another 4.2 ROM lined up for you guys....once WiFi is hammered out.

After that is all done I think I'll fully retire from the a100, a lot of time is being diverted to a device I don't have, again, when I have donators to appease on other devices.

Sent from my HTC DNA