• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][CM12.1][5.1.1r24][10OCT][O3][SABERMOD] Wilson3q's Build for mi4i [SMOOTH]

Search This thread

wilson3q

Dec 6, 2011
Another optimized unofficial cm12.1 build with latest toolchains sabermod, with my patches/tweaks cherry-picked across major roms such as Nameless, SlimLP....

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for bad things that happen as a result of flashing this.

Kernel source is HERE.

My patches includes:
  • Default DPI 440
  • Latest SQLite db
  • Added CPU governor: zzmoove
  • Ads blocker
  • LMK minfree tweaks
  • Latest thermal config from 5.9.10

ROM
Download (thanks @c0urier for hosting)

GAPPS
Download

Flash Guide
[1] Always backup first
[2] Download ROM + GAPPS + SUPERSU
[3] Boot to TWRP recovery
[4] Flash stable MIUI ROM V6.6.10, skip this if already on cm12.1
[5] Wipe System + Cache + Dalvik + Data
[6] Flash ROM + GAPPS + SUPERSU
[7] Reboot

Credits go to: @dh.harald @k2wl @smoki3 @wilson3q

If you like my work, you can donate to me HERE!

Sent from my MI 4i using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Boristruyens

May 3, 2012
Leuven
eager to try it :)

------

after using this rom since release, I have to say it's a masterpiece. all the other cm12 builds sucked in comparison with these. battery life exploded, no more scrolling lags, no heating and overall awesome performance. ( using in combination with crayon's tweaks and sensei V1.1 ) THANKS DEV!

Last edited:

jahadmajeed

Mar 11, 2011
Trivandrum
thats just https complaining, the certificate is probably not valid, if you don't trust it, then stay away, if you trust the site (its Mega btw) ignore the warning and download it.

It's better if there are mirrors for the rom, I was unable to download via chrome on my laptop, so tried it from mobile. I had to download the Mega app and setup a new account to download it...

Toruk.Makto

Sep 16, 2011
New Delhi
I downloaded normally from the mega site without any app.

but yeah mirrors are always needed, maybe op will add a gdrive mirror or something.

+1
@wilson3q please add one mirror to it. I've tried 3 browsers (i.e. IE, Mozilla, obviously Chrome).
@Pockets69 Could you please share you experience, some SS, performance and any other thing you like, don't like, love, hate. it will help OP to look into it.

iamnjohnson

May 27, 2014
Ranchi
Ok my experience with custom roms on this devices have not been great, but that is probably my fault anyway, i had ASOPA-L installed for a good 3 or 4 days, and that thing was overheating like crazy, 50+ celsius, lagged a tiny bit not much though, but was always overheating, battery was miserable, further investigation led me to cpu power manager, the damn phone would only use two states, one being deep sleep and the other being the full throttle 1615mhz, meaning it would deep sleep, if not doing anything, which is the correct behavior and work in 1615mhz if i turned the phone on and did some light browsing or listening to some music, after a few minutes it would be 50+ celsius.

so i installed the razer reborn kernel it didnt fix my issues, todday i flashed cm12, and tried to see if it was rom or kernel specific or something, so the same started happening on cm12.1.

came to this rom, firstly it has a new governor zzmove, that acompanied with the fact that i could select it with no frills CPU control and setting up the min freq as 200mhz, i can say that i now have phone that idles about 35/37C.

So at least that is covered, regarding the rest of the stuff i actually haven't had time to try but if you want i can keep updating this post, but my first impressions are good, at least the phone is not overheating.

@kenyeldodol you can try but it won't probably work, flash 5.6.11, and then root, twrp, then wipe cache data and all that stuff, flash the rom.
Are you using stock kernel with this ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another optimized unofficial cm12.1 build with latest toolchains sabermod, with my patches/tweaks cherry-picked across major roms such as Nameless, SlimLP....

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for bad things that happen as a result of flashing this.

Kernel source is HERE.

My patches includes:
    • Default DPI 440
    • Latest SQLite db
    • Added CPU governor: zzmoove
    • Ads blocker
    • LMK minfree tweaks
    • Latest thermal config from 5.9.10

ROM
    Download (thanks @c0urier for hosting)

GAPPS
    Download

Flash Guide
    [1] Always backup first
    [2] Download ROM + GAPPS + SUPERSU
    [3] Boot to TWRP recovery
    [4] Flash stable MIUI ROM V6.6.10, skip this if already on cm12.1
    [5] Wipe System + Cache + Dalvik + Data
    [6] Flash ROM + GAPPS + SUPERSU
    [7] Reboot

Credits go to: @dh.harald @k2wl @smoki3 @wilson3q

If you like my work, you can donate to me HERE!

New build 0923 uploaded....
    1. With boot.img updated to use @intersectRaven's cm.boot.img,for experiments (please feedback)
    2. More build tweaks to ROM
    3. Latest CM changes
    4. Also added standard dh-harald CM kernel build...

Smoother than ever...
    Next build will fix crashes of games...
    Also include DTW fix from dh-harald...
    Will upload soon.
    New build up...fixed audio.

Sent from my Mi 4i using XDA Free mobile app
    Link up...