[ROM][CM12.1][Lollipop][Android 5.1.1] NightOwl 20180124

Search This thread

NoteboyTech

Apr 23, 2013
Delhi
techtactics-by-rbhk.blogspot.in
Thanks for clearing that up! I really should have crossed checked before theorizing, but I didn't want to spend the time going forth and back, sorry!

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

I noticed some oddity with last couple of betas: My Note doesn't seem to enter deep sleep while connected to the charger.
As soon as I pull it out, "poof" off it goes to sleep.

With your kernel (and the default governor) it will drop to 100MHz, with some of the other kernels (Forrest and GeekoDev and their default governors) I've observed it going to 200MHz at the lowest.

This is distinct from the issue where it wouldn't even enter deep-sleep unless I went through an air-plane mode cylce first but stay at 500MHz even without charging, just to be clear.

I'm running it with pretty much with default settings, haven't played with WiFi extras (it's set to stay on always), GPS and BT is disabled etc. and the general setup is very much the same as all the other Androids I have, which do go to deep sleep while charging.

I've also tried air-plane mode and it makes no difference: Charger connected it will stay at 100MHz, charger disconnected it sleeps.

I'm sure effective energy consumption won't ruin me nor am I afraid it will somehow kill the battery, just thought that since your ROM is pretty darn close to perfect, this is still one thing you might want to nail down :)

Phone never sleeps while charging... Because if it sleeps it means it died forever.. So it has to keep on working at the lowest frequency.NC some kernels have 100 mhz some have 200

Sent from my D5322 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: agen47 and bauner

deaddrg

Oct 5, 2012
OnePlus 6T
Weird camera bug,when you take a photo it is taken but now the camera still shows the picture you have taken but It is still in camera mode you can still see all the options.
I tried using other camera apps from play store but when they open they only show black screen than crash

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

bauner

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 23, 2008
Near Nürnberg
Weird camera bug,when you take a photo it is taken but now the camera still shows the picture you have taken but It is still in camera mode you can still see all the options.
I tried using other camera apps from play store but when they open they only show black screen than crash

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app
If the shipped camera will not work you can use camera mx from playstore.
But you need an reboot if you run into an camera error to make any camera work again

Reactions: tamaraxxx

ajhier1

Dec 2, 2014
İzmir
Thanks for a great rom.
i report some bugs.
1. İ dont open hotspot today , why i dont know .
2.Onemand look slow on beta 8 than for beta 7
3.i close wifi today for 4-5 hours but its look open on charge statistics or graphic.

thanks again its realy great rom. sorry for english.

bauner

Jan 23, 2008
Near Nürnberg
Thanks for a great rom.
i report some bugs.
1. İ dont open hotspot today , why i dont know .
2.Onemand look slow on beta 8 than for beta 7
3.i close wifi today for 4-5 hours but its look open on charge statistics or graphic.

thanks again its realy great rom. sorry for english.
I don't have any problems with wifi hotspot.
You can try to reboot and enable wifi before you try to enable the hotspot.

There are no changes on Onemand in beta 8.

Have you also disabled wifi scanning always enable in the wifi settings?

ajhier1

Dec 2, 2014
İzmir
I don't have any problems with wifi hotspot.
You can try to reboot and enable wifi before you try to enable the hotspot.

There are no changes on Onemand in beta 8.

Have you also disabled wifi scanning always enable in the wifi settings?

yes "wifi scanning always enable" is disable
now work great wifi , hotspot but sometimes happend it.

abzjji

Oct 28, 2012
Camera in whatsapp is not working. It is posted in known bugs...
I don't know if the problem occured after an whatsapp update or if it's rom relatet this time

Ye camera always used to crash on all versions in Whatsapp but the QR-Code Scanner was working for some reason. Now both are not working anymore.

bauner

Jan 23, 2008
Near Nürnberg
The progress bar don't show... But if you just wait beta8 will install, although it does seem to take longer than usual.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
The cm12 update-binary is much slower as the cm11 one...
I have uploaded the 8.0.1 with the old update-binary because I cant find the reason for the reboots in recovery which 4 users have reported

Reactions: br54

bauner

Jan 23, 2008
Near Nürnberg
Phone crashes when usibg browser like chrome or other browser. Is this ROM/kernel related or app related

View attachment 3163414

@bauner is this fixes in beta 8, because i cant see it in the changelog

The included browser is working well for me.
If your browser has crashed on which site you where?
On an quick view into your logcat I only could find some camera related logs andy many logs about listen to music....

Last edited:

Thnx for beta 8 bauner.

But to be honest I prefer less strobo-style boot animation :laugh:
Here is the same bootanimation without the third strobo step.
Copy the file in /system/media after remounting the system partition rw and then fix its owner/group and permissions as the other files in the same directory

DO NOT FLASH THIS FILE

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Reactions: agen47 and bauner

tamaraxxx

Jan 23, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
The included browser is working well for me.
If your browser has crashed on which site you where?
On an quick view into your logcat I only could find some camera related logs andy many logs about listen to music....

Use chrome @ the moment, and it is chrashing At almost Every website. Just visited xda forum and it chrashed. Made an logfile with catlog but cant upload it here. @bauner van i send it 2 you by pm?

Last edited:

bauner

Jan 23, 2008
Near Nürnberg
Use chrome @ the moment, and it is chrashing At almost Every website. Just visited xda forum and it chrashed. Made an logfile with catlog but cant upload it here. @bauner van i send it 2 you by pm?
will it work with the stock browser or with firefox?
You can put the log here http://pastebin.com/ and post the link to it here or in an pm

Last edited:

BTatHome

Apr 22, 2011
Hampshire, UK
Twitter App notifications

Is anyone else using the official Twitter app, and having problems activating notifications from the settings menu? Whenever I set a notification and hit back the app says there was a problem setting the notification!

Just wondering if it's a lollipop issue, a NightOwl issue, or a Twitter App issue?

bauner

Jan 23, 2008
Near Nürnberg
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts