Works on:
Gnabo v8 (KK)
TAB S SENSATION V9 (KK)
Revolution HD 21.0 (KK)

Reactions: chacosax

mfitch240sx

Feb 16, 2016
Gapps on 12.1

Hi all! I've spent the last 2days upgrading my stock n8013 to different ROM versions using cwm recovery. I've gotten pretty good but can't find a version of gapps that will run on cm12.1. Ive tried almost every version that looks like it should work, but no joy! I finally dropped back to KitKat (omni mod) and the vanilla stock for 4.4.x and its working fine.

Anyone know a gapps version that will work on n8013 with cm12.1 20151027? Otherwise I'll stay kk.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

lirokoa

Hi all! I've spent the last 2days upgrading my stock n8013 to different ROM versions using cwm recovery. I've gotten pretty good but can't find a version of gapps that will run on cm12.1. Ive tried almost every version that looks like it should work, but no joy! I finally dropped back to KitKat (omni mod) and the vanilla stock for 4.4.x and its working fine.

Anyone know a gapps version that will work on n8013 with cm12.1 20151027? Otherwise I'll stay kk.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

cwm is outdated, use a newer recovery.

mfitch240sx

Feb 16, 2016
gapps on cm12.1, CWM N8013

cwm is outdated, use a newer recovery.

Thanks for quick reply! the gapp sideloads seems to work successfully in CWM, just the majority of gapps crash/fail on restart, and the UI usually gets hosed.

CM12.1 will load (sideload) and run fine by itself, until I add gapps or open_gapps.

I'll try TWRP or Cyanogen recovery, unless there is a better one I can use. I'll try a push install instead of sideload, see if that makes a difference.

lirokoa

Thanks for quick reply! the gapp sideloads seems to work successfully in CWM, just the majority of gapps crash/fail on restart, and the UI usually gets hosed.

CM12.1 will load (sideload) and run fine by itself, until I add gapps or open_gapps.

I'll try TWRP or Cyanogen recovery, unless there is a better one I can use. I'll try a push install instead of sideload, see if that makes a difference.

cwm does not restore selinux context of gapps that's why it's crashing.

Use twrp provided in download section of this thread.

giovanoti

Jul 18, 2008
hello everybody!
i made an firmware update to Android 6.0.1 / Cyanogen 13.0-20160116-unofficial-n8000 (incl. Gapps).
But now i have unfortunately no input via the keyboard / display.
Has anyone a solution or idea for that problem?
thanks in advance
giovanoti

Sorry - i foeund an solution - delete (AOSP) & and it fkt!

Last edited:

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
New build March 15

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this, but I made an updated build for the n8013/n8010and is available for download here. It includes all CM source updates till this date
I did not change anything, sources are lirokoa and CM sources, all credit goes to them and all listed in the OP. Sources are also the same as listed in OP. Tested on my N8010, works well so far.

Update: for some reason camera is not working in my build, otherwise OK

Last edited:

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
I can try, but have no idea if and how it would work. Problem is I am not a developer, and can't troubleshoot anything. I can build a ROM if the sources are all OK and configuration files correct, but this doesn't seem to be the case with these ROM's. I would need guidance from @lirokoa to do this properly .... You see the camera doesn't work on the n8013/n8010 ROM and with teh CM13 versions all my builds fail no matter what I do .....

Aramir_

Last edited:
Reactions: patrik123

zonedgold

Jan 5, 2011
How did you set SElinux permissive? Is it OK if I send you a PM to ask couple of questions on how did you build?

Blisspop had a camera bug/glitch too ( n8013 ) . I just tried that rom and its really good but unfortunately the camera doesn't work and whats the point of having a tablet without a camera? best of luck to you though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.
    It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This is a preview build, do not install it if you want a stable ROM.

• This is a preview of what is going down on CM12.1
    • Rom is in beta state so many bugs are to be expected!
    • All the source code is available on my Github.
    • I do this on my free time and unfortunately I don't have much.
    • Any help is a appreciated!
    • I don't own N8000 device, so all RIL is untested, some may find it works, other may find it does not.

LINKS IN SECOND POST

Source code: https://github.com/lirokoa

CREDITS:
    • The whole Cyanogenmod team
    • Special thanks @dhiru1602 for his awesome work on exynos 4
    • All people who works on the Exynos 4 SOC, they desserve it :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM12.1 N8013/N8010/N8000, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    lirokoa
    Source Code: https://github.com/lirokoa

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-13
    Last Updated 2015-12-30
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    -27/10/2015:

Old releases :

-24/09/2015:
    • N8013/N8010: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=14521
    • N8000: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=14533
      Changelog:
      - Kernel: Rebased on N8010 kitkat official samsung source (before was based on n7100 kernel)
      - Kernel: Updated lowmemory killer
      - Kernel: Updated binder
      - Kernel: Added BFQ io scheduler (not really stable, be aware if you decide to use it)
      - Netflix should be fixed once again
      - Enable dex-preoptimization to speed up first boot sequence
      - Removed timeout in dex2oat
      - Upstream CM changes.
    -28/08/2015:
    -03/06/2015:
    -08/05/2015:

-23/04/2015:
    Before installing read carefully this post
    Things are going good :)

568422Screenshot20151114111450.png
    FAQ:
    • Which Gapps to use? the one officially supported by Cyanogenmod, you can get them here
    • After installing ROM + Gapss, GApps keep crashing: Just update your recovery with the provided twrp.
    • Keyboard does not work: enable hardware keyboard in settings.
    • Google chrome got graphics glitches: just disable #enable-gpu-rasterization in chrome://flags
    • If you don't want to see cursor while using S-Pen, you can disable it it in settings / inputs
    • If you have trouble with video playback you can try to disable NuPlayer in developer settings

KNOWN BUGS:
    • N8000: scan network
    • Enabled NON PIE executable to be executed (needed for GPS)
    • I probably forget many :)
    New build is up for n801x, as usual n8000 will follow.
    Check 2nd post for change log.

Some informations about cm-13.0:
    - cm-13.0 source code is still not really "clean"
    - I already prepared build env and merged some of the patch needed to make our device work on it
    - I have no idea when it will be ready, if it ever be, but i'll try to make it