• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][CM12.1][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1

Search This thread

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
cyanogenmod-12-1-rom.jpg

CM12.1 is here for the D802, aka the LG G2.

This is a source build rom, which includes all the latest changes from cm. The nightlies are starting August 2nd.

Instructions

Official support is now limited to Kitkat and Lollipop basebands. CM-12.1 is based on a completely new kernel. This has enabled support for the latest basebands newer than jellybean.

While many people and devices are in various states we officially recommend flashing back to stock then fully updating your device before using cm-12.1.

If you are coming straight from cm-12.0 the rom will not boot.

Download cm-12.1, and gapps. Put them on your sdcard, reboot to recovery. Flash, and enjoy!

The latest will be available at:
http://get.cm/?device=d802

Gapps:
Official CM ones (soon):
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Special Thanks To!

None of this would be possible without the following people:
rashed
acree

L0nelyE4rth

Nov 13, 2014
Khok Kloi, Phang Nga
Only CM12 for 02 number.

it's cm12. not cm12.1
please change the title and banner.

Switching to CM12.1
Cmxlog confirmed

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

No. LG G2 branch already!.
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_d802/tree/cm-12.1
For Verizon already has a version of the assembly!

It's already branch long time but it's not released yet.

Reactions: ghost141

Len

Dec 4, 2010
Right now I'm using last one of rashed unofficial builds.
Is working awesome!, no problems at all.

Be ready guys ;)

PS I have compiled cm12.1 from official sources cause official builds are too lazy to build (lol), but wodim reported some problems with camera... can be mine fault idk. (too lazy to check it myself :D).
4776ab0c6f27ae1629e76f36c0fc32c9 cm-12.1-20150803-UNOFFICIAL-d802.zip

Last edited:

antond57

Mar 21, 2010
Woerden
That's great news, cm12.1 for the D802.
The 1st nightly build is already available.
Probably I'm going to test it tonight on my backup D802.
Question: which bootloaders and radios are supported, LP or KK?

Len

Dec 4, 2010
Yep don't flash it yet, camera needs to be fixed (some problems with selinux).

xals1997

Jan 28, 2013
I have right now cm12.

What do I need to do if I want to install cm12.1?

Kitkat or lollipop baseband right? And wich bootloader or bootstack?

Thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-12-1-rom.jpg

CM12.1 is here for the D802, aka the LG G2.

This is a source build rom, which includes all the latest changes from cm. The nightlies are starting August 2nd.

Instructions

Official support is now limited to Kitkat and Lollipop basebands. CM-12.1 is based on a completely new kernel. This has enabled support for the latest basebands newer than jellybean.

While many people and devices are in various states we officially recommend flashing back to stock then fully updating your device before using cm-12.1.

If you are coming straight from cm-12.0 the rom will not boot.

Download cm-12.1, and gapps. Put them on your sdcard, reboot to recovery. Flash, and enjoy!

The latest will be available at:
    http://get.cm/?device=d802

Gapps:
    Official CM ones (soon):
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Special Thanks To!

None of this would be possible without the following people:
    rashed
    acree

It looks like all my bitching to the devs has produced a patch that "fixes" the problem.

As for the explanation: It looks like it isn't so much that the cpu scaler goes to interactive (this is supposedly the default value), but that the necessary CPU settings weren't actually being set on boot properly. This is because the label was wrong. After looking at the before and afters for the init files, and the various states and what not, I am accepting the explanation. I'm just hoping it actually does fix the power issue now.

The builds will hopefully be up in a number of hours. I'm looking forward to hearing the reports about the LPM and battery drain issues.
    FYI:

I wanted to post this here for everyone since I'm treating this as the general forum for all G2's and not just the D802.

You're going to start to see CM-13 nightlies start popping up for the variants of the G2. Not all of them are starting up at once and the devs are working with trusted testers to verify that they work before turning them on. I think D801 and VS980 are first, because, well... that's what the devs have directly.

I can't recommend highly enough that if you're happy with the way your phone performs for now, PLEASE don't be in a rush to upgrade. Just be happy that people with a G2 will not be left behind. CM-12.1 is fairly feature complete, and seems very stable for most people. CM-13 is not.

If you DO decide to test the upgrade,
    • PLEASE do a full backup in the recovery of your choosing so that you can restore at a later date when you realize "whoah, this is still a little bit too new, let me switch back".
    • PLEASE remember that you also need to upgrade your gapps.
    • PLEASE realize that you probably need to do a full wipe and reset and start from scratch
    • PLEASE realize that there are enough problems right now that your requests will likely fall on deaf ears for a while until they are worked out

Thank you for listening. :)
    Need some testers...

Hello folks,

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE PROCEEDING.

It seems that after about a million test builds and flashes, hard work, tears, and some actual sleuthing last night, we believe we've identified (and hopefully fixed) the problem. Seriously, I've got this confidence thing going where I'm also keeping my fingers crossed. :) This is NOT the KitKat reversion fix that other ROMs have incorporated. This is an honest to goodness lollipop solution for a lollipop rom.

That being said, we need some testers before we're confident about committing the changes for the next round of official nightlies. I am only personally able to trigger the issue if I'm standing in line while out shopping for a Publix sub (I get it once a day or so), Rashed has never actually seen the bug in his life. We need testers who see the bug very often and consistently and can report back quickly to verify that the bug seems to be squashed.

Please only try these builds if you meet all of the following conditions:
    • You have the random reboot bug
    • it goes away if you set Location to "Device Only"
    • You get the reboots often enough that you'll notice if it's stopped doing it
    • Your phone is bone stock CM-12.1. No fixes, no patches from other threads.

Please, if you don't meet the above criteria, DO NOT chime in. It doesn't help to fill the forum with results from a system that doesn't match the problem we're trying to fix.

Obviously you should flash this at your own risk. I'm not responsible if something goes wrong on your phone. I have been running this build on my d800 and have managed to survive but I can't guarantee that you'll have the same experience so PLEASE make the appropriate backups before attempting this.

The following builds should be roughly equivalent to the 20150904 builds on the official servers PLUS about 6-7 hours worth of extra patches.

Make sure your phone is back in "High Accuracy" (reboot to make sure that change sticks), then boot into recovery and flash the appropriate zip file from below in TWRP (and probably re-flash gapps to keep it from crashing after you boot the new build).

d800:
    cm-12.1-20150904-UNOFFICIAL-d800.zip

d801:
    cm-12.1-20150904-UNOFFICIAL-d801.zip

d802:
    cm-12.1-20150904-UNOFFICIAL-d802.zip

d803:
    cm-12.1-20150904-UNOFFICIAL-d803.zip

ls980:
    cm-12.1-20150904-UNOFFICIAL-ls980.zip

vs980:
    cm-12.1-20150904-UNOFFICIAL-vs980.zip
    The patches for the random reboot related to AGPS are committed. When the new nightlies roll out, please set your Location back to "High Accuracy" and enjoy.

The build with this fix should be dated the 20150905 build.