Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
ORIGINAL THREAD HERE:
[Q&A] CM12 5.0.2 Unofficial Builds

VIDEO REVIEW HD CM12 XPERIA PLAY/ XPERIA NEO L

BUGS: video recording, outgoing calls sometimes freeze, need a reboot to work again.

download rom: CM12 LAST BUILD 17-02-2015
download gapps working 100%: http://d-h.st/h1HN
download kernel : http://d-h.st/HC1I
download root FLASHABLE: http://d-h.st/9Rn

FOR NEOL USERS YOU CAN FLASH THE SAME FILES, AFTER THE ROM BOOTS INSTALL ROTATION MANAGER FREE ON PLAYSTORE.

thanks to saqibkhan, Mikeionniia, Men_in_black007, chainfire xda and smokerman.

Last edited:

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
TUTORIAL STEP BY STEP HOW TO INSTALL

*recommended sd card class 10 with at least 8gb with a ext-4 partition of 1.5gb and swap at 256*
-but you can try other values, no less than ext-4 at 1gb and swap 128-

REQUIRED FIRMWARE 62 OR 79 ..IF YOU HAVE IT DONT NEED TO FLASH.

smokerman xda developers 2015

Last edited:

ch3mn3y

Sep 11, 2011
Seaside Voivodeships
www.xperiasite.pl
This ext4 partition is for apps or for cache? An if for apps there is still need to use link2sd or u changed partitions so its seen as internal memory?

And one more question: Do i need to be on neo l ics fw or .62 vendor unlocked and newer play gb fws are good?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aviv_Gopax

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
This ext4 partition is for apps or for cache? An if for apps there is still need to use link2sd or u changed partitions so its seen as internal memory?

And one more question: Do i need to be on neo l ics fw or .62 vendor unlocked and newer play gb fws are good?

required FW is 62 or .79 with vendor partition..if you have it dont need to flash..i forget to say that on tutorial video.sorry.:(..if you see the screenshot im on .62 firmware..;) partition is for cache only..not available for user apps.:D

dont need to flash NEO L firmware..

ch3mn3y

Sep 11, 2011
Seaside Voivodeships
www.xperiasite.pl
ok will try it. Now i need to clean sdcard and repartition it.

Did you (or anyon eother, but noone is talking here) tried something like link2sd? It will probably try to use "cache" partition as its, so its pretty unusefull i think (?)

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

SO after 15 minutes if use (and additional 15 minutes to ler it do the magic in the begginingI i see that automatic brigteness doesnt work and flashlight breaks everything - i mean screen gots dark and i cant do nothing except take out battery

EDIT: U said that this 1.5 gb is for cache, however i see that its used as internal storage (so its data), that mean that it can be how i think: internal memory is split for system and cache and data partition is moved to sdcard?

Last edited:

saqibkhan

smokerman i belive you should move your Thread to Q&A or Troubleshooting as we are not the REAL DEVS of this ROM.. its Mike and he will eventually Create new threads for cm12 here.. lets give him this space... in the Dev thread.. i also for the same reason didnt create the thread here.. i hope you understand my point.. we dont want to tick him off do we.. lol

Reactions: Naro365

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
the rom at this point its enough for daily usage..when mike wants to take over or create a new thread i will close this one and put a link to his thread..for now its just to have all users in the same space as your q&a thread was created on early buildings..alpha..this now is like BETA stage..from my tests its a decent rom in this stage..i will try to fix touchpads if i can and if have time..nowadays i dont use xperia play anymore..im developing for other devices and this days xperia play unfortunely is more than outdated..i find myself struggling to get something more of this amazing device..i wish SONY could make a xperia play 2..but that is another thing..and people dont sign my petition , dont know why..almost a year and only 50 signatures..xperia play users are a bit ungrateful with developers..i know that now..thats why many developers leave from here and now its finally my turn to say goodbye..now and then i will be here to see my threads but anytime soon this subforum maybe will go to low legacy devices.:(

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
One thing I want to know: is the recovery still CM Recovery, and is it still not capable of flashing packages other than ROM and GAPPS?

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM12
[WARNING: XDA Premium 4.0.13+ lacks Signature function - do not update]

ch3mn3y

Sep 11, 2011
Seaside Voivodeships
www.xperiasite.pl
Its still cm recovery, and it flashed supersu zip package. Dont have more mods for l as started playing with it yesterday evening

EDIT: I couldnt flash xposed for lollipop so it probably still doesnt let to flash other zips

Last edited:

carlosaeg28

Dec 11, 2010
Torreon Coahuila
I did the whole process and I get this

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424449918086.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424449918086.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 1,122
Last edited:

rohan023

Sep 18, 2012
Mumbai
OnePlus 7T
Can we bot Kitkat by using this kernel

just asking out of curiosity...can i boot kitkat(4.4.4) by using kernel of CM12
PS :- I tried to boot kitkat by using this kernel however it booted but was stucked in CM logo :(....wouldn't it be great to get camera working in Kitkat and also there is no lag problem in KITKAT rom.
Btw, Smokerman Hats off to ur effort, its truly appreciated by every NEO L user :)

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Cool!

I have a question.

How is this ROM running games?

Thanks

...and if you mean the speed, from my experience running PPSSPP, it's actually faster than CM11 in frame rate (for strange reason - CM11 stutters in even the simplest PSP game), though still not up to par with the good'ol ICS.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM12
[WARNING: XDA Premium 4.0.13+ lacks Signature function - do not update]

Reactions: yuri.ccp

yekasangredevago

Aug 10, 2012
Venado Tuerto
Hello XDA community! while I'm not forum Xperia Play, and recently between seeing as ive developing new rom's and I found this, and to save time to read all the post, wanted to know how things are going in general? .
Games?
Gamepad support? analogues?
3G - WIFI - Bluetooth - SMS?
stability and compatibility with applications?
if someone would be so kind you've tried the latest build and I can answer these questions.
thanks in advance :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ORIGINAL THREAD HERE:
    [Q&A] CM12 5.0.2 Unofficial Builds

VIDEO REVIEW HD CM12 XPERIA PLAY/ XPERIA NEO L

BUGS: video recording, outgoing calls sometimes freeze, need a reboot to work again.

download rom: CM12 LAST BUILD 17-02-2015
    download gapps working 100%: http://d-h.st/h1HN
    download kernel : http://d-h.st/HC1I
    download root FLASHABLE: http://d-h.st/9Rn

FOR NEOL USERS YOU CAN FLASH THE SAME FILES, AFTER THE ROM BOOTS INSTALL ROTATION MANAGER FREE ON PLAYSTORE.

thanks to saqibkhan, Mikeionniia, Men_in_black007, chainfire xda and smokerman.
    TUTORIAL STEP BY STEP HOW TO INSTALL

*recommended sd card class 10 with at least 8gb with a ext-4 partition of 1.5gb and swap at 256*
    -but you can try other values, no less than ext-4 at 1gb and swap 128-

REQUIRED FIRMWARE 62 OR 79 ..IF YOU HAVE IT DONT NEED TO FLASH.

smokerman xda developers 2015
    ok. 1.5gb is a lot, i really thought that art needs 400-500mb...

as i say you can try 1GB and swap 128..or other values that you see its working..video is generic,should work with other sizes, but at least 1GB i think you are fine.;)
    the rom at this point its enough for daily usage..when mike wants to take over or create a new thread i will close this one and put a link to his thread..for now its just to have all users in the same space as your q&a thread was created on early buildings..alpha..this now is like BETA stage..from my tests its a decent rom in this stage..i will try to fix touchpads if i can and if have time..nowadays i dont use xperia play anymore..im developing for other devices and this days xperia play unfortunely is more than outdated..i find myself struggling to get something more of this amazing device..i wish SONY could make a xperia play 2..but that is another thing..and people dont sign my petition , dont know why..almost a year and only 50 signatures..xperia play users are a bit ungrateful with developers..i know that now..thats why many developers leave from here and now its finally my turn to say goodbye..now and then i will be here to see my threads but anytime soon this subforum maybe will go to low legacy devices.:(

required FW is 62 or .79 with vendor partition..if you have it dont need to flash..i forget to say that on tutorial video.sorry.:(..if you see the screenshot im on .62 firmware..;) partition is for cache only..not available for user apps.:D

dont need to flash NEO L firmware..