[ROM][CM13][6.0.1][BETA][UNOFFICIAL] Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 LTE SM-T285

Search This thread

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
This is a port of Cyanogenmod 13 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 (2016) LTE SM-T285. Cyanogenmod needs no introduction, it is one of the most popular aftermarket ROM distributions around.

5.1.1 is the best that you can get from samsung right now and it is not known if they plan to do any upgrades. I have absolutely no idea why samsung chose to stay with the outdated 5.1.1 mid 2016 when we already got 7.1 coming out. This custom rom is probably the best you can get if you want an upgrade from Lollipop. Performance on the latest build is also better, you be the judge.

This ROM is stable enough to be my current daily driver, however please take note of the issues noted below. Feature are on par or exceeds my OMNIRom builds in terms of features and performance. However do note that CyanogenMod has a lot more features and brings about its own bugs as well.

Based off on Cyanogenmod 13 sources which is based on Marshmallow 6.0.1

Device Tree:
=========

Device: https://github.com/jedld/device_samsung_gtexslte.git
Vendor: https://github.com/jedld/vendor_samsung_gtexslte.git
Kernel: https://github.com/jedld/kernel_samsung_gtexslte.git

Update Jan 28, 2017
===============

New XTRM build released. Overview of changes:

* kernel and framework built with -O3 compiler flag for deeper linaro optimizations
* Video recording now works
* Added I/O scheduler support to the kernel
* reduced OC to 1.54 from 1.56 (actually faster at this clock)

Update Jan 16, 2017
===============

CM 13 Xtreme builds now available! See section below for details.

Update Jan 07, 2017
===============

A build with SELinux enforcing and support for F2FS in the data partition is now available. If SELinux security is important for you and if you want the Filesystem performance benefits that F2FS brings, I invite you to check it out the section below. Note however that a Data Wipe is necessary.

Update Dec 14, 2016
===============

- Fixed hardware acceleration for some videos (lower power consumption in YouTube etc.)
- Fixed crash when a call has ended
- ScreenRecorder/ScreenCasting now works.
- Added reboot menu options (Needs developer mode)

Works:

- Wifi/SMS
- Audio
- Graphics
- GPS
- Wifi Hotspot
- Incoming/Outgoing Calls
- MTP
- Bluetooth
- Camera (stills) - but video works in xtrm-20170128
- LTE

Bugs/Known Issues

*Unable to record video using camera* (Fixed in xtrm-20170128 build)
*FM Radio crashes*
*gps unable to get a fix*
*poor sound volume (can possibly be fixed by sound mod add-ons)
*speakerphone issues during call*

Other Notes:

- selinux permissive (There is a special build with selinux enforcing in the section below)
@Vagr9K has a fix for gps issues here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71999226&postcount=42 thanks1

Most of the issues are fixable, I just need more time and encouragement :D

SM-T280 Users: Unfortunately this rom would probably not work on it since the SM-T285 and SM-T280 have different kernels and slightly different hardware. I don't have access to this device so it would be hard for me to port it over. However I believe there are a lot of similiarities in the device tree that can be shared. If a dev with the SM-T280 is interested I can probably help.

Download
========

Remember flashing an unofficial ROM on your samsung device will probably void your warranty, Samsung representatives will probably not be able to help you as they are still stuck at 5.1.1 land as of now and have no idea how to handle a SM-T285 that is running 6.0.1.

As always flash this at your own risk. Make sure you have a copy of the stock ROM so that you have something to fall back to, which is highly the case when using an experimental rom.

See DevDB download section. Or click here for the latest version.

Note that this rom is pure stock and does not come with the Play Store or any Gapps, I suggest you download a micro gapps package separately and install it via recovery.

There have been reports that recent versions of open gapps don't work properly, it is advised to use older versions instead (e.g. open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20161109.zip)

Finally if you enjoyed this ROM and like what I'm doing, hit the thanks button or better yet hit the donate button.

Installation Instructions
==================

Perform a backup of all of your important files. This ROM is experimental and I will not be responsible for your loss of data.

Download the zip file and extract the tar.

Use Odin/Heimdall to flash the tar file to your device. If you are coming from stock oranother rom make sure you wipe first using TWRP. Coming from a previous version of OMNIRom for SM-T285 may not require a wipe, however please perform a wipe if you encounter problems.

Using the F2FS and selinux enabled version (WIPE Required)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended to move over to the Xtreme build instead (01/17/2016)

1. Flash the custom F2FS version of TWRP for the SM-T285 here using Odin/Heimdall. If coming from another ROM or even a non F2FS version of CM you need to format your data partition to F2FS using this twrp so make sure you take the necessary backups.

2. Download an flash using Odin/Heimall CM 13.1 F2FS Edition here.

Other Notes: Antutu Scores for reference (6.0.1, F2FS) : Overall: 25830, 3D: 914, UX: 10397, CPU: 10606, RAM: 3913

Xtreme Edition Builds
=================

Xtreme Edition builds are aggressively optimized and possibly unstable builds (though I do test them for some time to ensure minimum stability). Warning this build is only for enthusiasts that want to tinker settings to achieve the best performance possible for this device (using Kernel Auditor is recommended). Speed should be noticeable especially when coming from stock or non optimized builds.

Feature List:

* Kernel and system files compiled with the latest linaro toolchain 6.2.1 with -O3 optimization
* Additional hotplug and CPU governors installed (tweak with your hearts content with Kernel Auditor)
* Max clockspeed slightly bumped to 1.54Ghz from 1.5Ghz
* Various speed optimization patches to the kernel
* Support for KSM (Kernel same page merging)
* Support for both Ext4 and F2FS for the data and cache partitions (Use TWRP to switch to your desired FS)
* SELinux enabled
* ExFAT and NTFS support built-in
* Improved doze and low power mode support
* Antutu Score 26325 (KSM disabled, IntelliPlug Enabled, F2FS data and cache partitions)
* USB Audio/MIDI support (untested)
* Added new I/O schedulers (row, bfq etc.)
* Other optimizations and fixes I can't remember

For GPL compliance please look at the github source above, kernel sources for Xtreme builds are under the performance branch.

Issues
-------
Known issues are the same with the standard build (e.g. video recording not working etc.) However due to aggressive kernel changes this build may not be as stable as the standard build.

Download & Installation
-------------

This build supports both Ext4 and F2FS filesystems so a wipe isn't strictly necessary unless you want to switch filesystems using TWRP. However I won't be responsible for data loss, so make sure you make the necessary backups.

Grab the latest build here
If you haven't updated TWRP, get the latest build with F2FS support and the latest kernel here.

Root and customization
===================

Cyanogenmod already comes with its own root mechanism, you have to enable it in developer settings though.

If you want to customize this ROM and repackage it you may use this guide as a reference.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 13 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 LTE (SM-T285), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
jedld, @koquantam - for pioneering the work on spreadtrum devices
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-12
Last Updated 2017-01-28

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161212-080440.png
    Screenshot_20161212-080440.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 10,589
  • Screenshot_20161212-080444.jpg
    Screenshot_20161212-080444.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 10,537
Last edited:

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
awesome work jedid...this is so fast...the omni feels slow

speakerphone still does not work but not a big deal at the moment

theme manager too! and it works!

checked data, calls in and out , sms, mms, wifi (of course you had already said it works..just 'reporting')

thanks!

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Must be a good thing if it makes Omni feel slow

:):)

one thing-theme manager crashing (clearing its cache and data did not help) but this started only after installing one theme and then switching over-wish there was a simpler list view vertical rather than the horizontal intensive scroll view-anyway it crashes and keeps resetting the view to the first default theme when I go in (try to scroll sideways and it will not as it crashes and comes back to the first system default theme)-resetting to default system theme did not stop the crash reports..popups of it stopping keep coming and am not able to do anything with the theme chooser....not sure I downloaded too many themes or what-will remove some themes to see if it changes anything

lte/h+ icon in status bar varies in its presentation-will sometimes show up sometimes won't even when on mobile data (and the data works)...thought at one point I saw both that and the wifi icon showing (wifi was on then) (changing clock position did not help)

When adding a contact, and choosing a photo the screen changed automatically to automatic live display mode (when I had it turned off)..the color shading changed completely of everything indicating a filter of sorts (which is what the live display does I think among other things)

not sure if these are consistent but will try again (maybe even resetting and starting all over-unless you know of any of these or have any insight into them) thanks!

also like omni...process phone stops sometimes on ending a call not a big deal but just reporting

Last edited:

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
how to extract system.img iam tried ext4 extrctor and tool can,,t extracting.. i want port it my device

system.img is a sparse ext4 image. You need to use simg2img and mount it as an ext4 filesystem. What device do you want to port it too? This works only for the SM-T285 right now.

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
Xolo era 4g sc9830 spreadtrum

I see. Though you probably need to be able to build a new kernel and boot image for this to work though, I doubt just flashing the system image would just work.

Though I'm surprised this spreadtrum phone is still at android 5.1 this december 2016 when clearly we can go up to 6.0.1 with minimal problems

muralivijay

Nov 30, 2014
tiruchirapalli
I see. Though you probably need to be able to build a new kernel and boot image for this to work though, I doubt just flashing the system image would just work.

Though I'm surprised this spreadtrum phone is still at android 5.1 this december 2016 when clearly we can go up to 6.0.1 with minimal problems

my phone already updated to marshmallow .. and cm 13 is marshmallow based rom. so my marshmallow kernel will work . iam know some porting guide for spreadtrum ....

muralivijay

Nov 30, 2014
tiruchirapalli
I see. If you want a guide on extracting system images, you can refer to this one I made here.

iam already by your guide extracted thanks .. i needed help . i have compiled twrp from cm 13 and omni 6 source twrp not going to ui (not booted ) .... i got my log "fb swap active fail: invaild aruguments " help please .. how to fix it ... and i want custom recovery for my device

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
iam already by your guide extracted thanks .. i needed help . i have compiled twrp from cm 13 and omni 6 source twrp not going to ui (not booted ) .... i got my log "fb swap active fail: invaild aruguments " help please .. how to fix it ... and i want custom recovery for my device

There seems to be a thread about that here. Might going off-topic though just PM me for if you need more help.

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
:):)

When adding a contact, and choosing a photo the screen changed automatically to automatic live display mode (when I had it turned off)..the color shading changed completely of everything indicating a filter of sorts (which is what the live display does I think among other things)

Not sure if it is a cyanogenmod bug or mine. I've updated again with the latest nightly maybe it will be fixed.

also like omni...process phone stops sometimes on ending a call not a big deal but just reporting

That crash, should now be fixed in the latest build.

ROM is actually usable for me now as a daily driver and have since switched from OMNIRom.

Reactions: mac231us

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Not sure if it is a cyanogenmod bug or mine. I've updated again with the latest nightly maybe it will be fixed.

That crash, should now be fixed in the latest build.

ROM is actually usable for me now as a daily driver and have since switched from OMNIRom.

awesome! thanks..downloading now (the theme chooser crash occurs now and then when switching between themes but no big deal-there are some themes that have issues but that is a different matter nothing related to this excellent rom...it seems switching back to the base theme creates issues but not trying this anymore for fear of getting stuck-backups always are useful)

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Must be a good thing if it makes Omni feel slow

One thing though about the CM ROM (versus the OMNI)

If on call, the person at the other end will hear his echo

I tested this myself, knowing this issue from CM/AOSP/Resurrection etc from Tabpro 8.4 etc devices (all of this tablet phone types where the speaker/microphone arrangement placement I believe is different from regular smartphones)

on Tabpro and this was on 4.4 and 5.0.2, I had to adjust some values in an audio mixer file (not just the gains as lowering gain would reduce in-call volume too but actually turned one microphone off to use another) (top microphone versus the lower one but turn on gain so person at other end could hear..something like that if I recall correctly from early 2015..nothing was perfect though)

Here on Omni and CM I reported the speakerphone as not working. However, and this is more evident in the CM rom, the caller's voice at the other end is unusually loud and moreso does not sound like coming from the internal in-call speaker but from the external speaker, albeit at a very low volume. (like the Xperia Z3 Tablet compact that does not have a separate speaker for the call and uses the regular media speaker at a very low volume, though folks have said it is loud enough that other people can hear what is being said by the caller (to your phone). This sounds like that on the CM ROM...and therefore this is picked up by the microphone that then is heard as an echo for the caller (hearing his/her own voice). In the OMNI, this is not there i.e. I do not hear echo on my 'caller' phone (once I move suffiicient distance away from the device with my 'caller' phone)..on the CM it does not go away...when people are speaking rapidly they will not hear the echo usually but if they pause and say things slowly or say single words they could hear echo of their voice.

I am restoring the OMNI backup I had to check it again and copy out the system/etc/audio files to see if there is any difference with the CM

I think something can be changed in the audio files to make use of the speaker and microphones correctly (may also fix speakerphone issue)

This is a perennial issue on almost all CM/non-stock ROMs for Samsung tablet phones (think even the tab S had this issue with CM and so did the T235)...even OneplusOne (which used CM on some of its models) though there I am surprised the users had this issue

..although like on Note 1, Note 2 I never had this issue...suspect it is because of tablet phone differences in the speaker and microphone layout

maybe I am not wording or describing this properly or just that I could be wrong but thought I'd post this

EDIT: Yes tried the OMNI again and it works just fine..no echo

EDIT2: I swapped the OMNI etc folder audio files for the CM and now the echo has gone (so just like Omni...had 2 long calls today-one caller I know is very audio-sensitive and picks up the echo quickly-no complaints!) still trying to understand why this 'worked'

Last edited:

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
One thing though about the CM ROM (versus the OMNI)

EDIT2: I swapped the OMNI etc folder audio files for the CM and now the echo has gone (so just like Omni...had 2 long calls today-one caller I know is very audio-sensitive and picks up the echo quickly-no complaints!) still trying to understand why this 'worked'

Glad to see that someone is actually using this device for making calls, I use the SM-T285 as a secondary device so i don't use it for calls as much. I appreciate that you are taking the time to test this things. Interesting find on those etc files, I'll try to perform a diff to find out, unfortunately CM makes much more tweaks to stock android than OmniRom does and it makes it hard to figure out where the bugs are coming from.

Reactions: mac231us

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Glad to see that someone is actually using this device for making calls, I use the SM-T285 as a secondary device so i don't use it for calls as much. I appreciate that you are taking the time to test this things. Interesting find on those etc files, I'll try to perform a diff to find out, unfortunately CM makes much more tweaks to stock android than OmniRom does and it makes it hard to figure out where the bugs are coming from.

well...something else..on CM only not OMNI there is a quirk...say I put the phone on call forwarding it will show a call forwarding icon in the status bar which is what is expected...however on reboot that icon may disappear...I missed couple of calls having put the device on call forwarding to my work phone (as it gets a certain carrier coverage Verizon in some work areas where my personal provider ATT does not have)...then forgot about it, put it on mute, and was using the Tab not knowing it was on call forwarding (as sometime during the day I had rebooted and the icon had disappeared)

Further, this also happens like say I am on call forwarding on omni or stock and then went to twrp and restored a cm backup...when the phone comes back on restored with the cm backup the call forwarding icon may have disappeared (does not happen say with call forwarding established on cm, then restored omni backup..the icon remains in omni)

what is disconcerting is if I go into call forwarding it shows that I am not on it (although I am) and actually allows me to turn on call forwarding! (and then turn it off i.e actually disable it if I want to)

also it seems another 3 times I have missed calls on CM...seems the signal drops off more on CM (maybe a rendering thing on signal bars but in checking the signal db and band it does seem weaker)

so for now going back to Omni..although I miss the theme manager and the font changing with your own fonts (not like inbuilt in some font app like fontser) (manual replace of Roboto-regular.tff in system/fonts works to change the font in Omni)

Last edited:

corzradio

Nov 20, 2007
The Rock"land" Cty
well...something else..on CM only not OMNI there is a quirk...say I put the phone on call forwarding it will show a call forwarding icon in the status bar which is what is expected...however on reboot that icon may disappear...I missed couple of calls having put the device on call forwarding to my work phone (as it gets a certain carrier coverage Verizon in some work areas where my personal provider ATT does not have)...then forgot about it, put it on mute, and was using the Tab not knowing it was on call forwarding (as sometime during the day I had rebooted and the icon had disappeared)

Further, this also happens like say I am on call forwarding on omni or stock and then went to twrp and restored a cm backup...when the phone comes back on restored with the cm backup the call forwarding icon may have disappeared (does not happen say with call forwarding established on cm, then restored omni backup..the icon remains in omni)

what is disconcerting is if I go into call forwarding it shows that I am not on it (although I am) and actually allows me to turn on call forwarding! (and then turn it off i.e actually disable it if I want to)

also it seems another 3 times I have missed calls on CM...seems the signal drops off more on CM (maybe a rendering thing on signal bars but in checking the signal db and band it does seem weaker)

so for now going back to Omni..although I miss the theme manager and the font changing with your own fonts (not like inbuilt in some font app like fontser) (manual replace of Roboto-regular.tff in system/fonts works to change the font in Omni)

What file would I tweak to make this ROM louder?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of Cyanogenmod 13 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 (2016) LTE SM-T285. Cyanogenmod needs no introduction, it is one of the most popular aftermarket ROM distributions around.

5.1.1 is the best that you can get from samsung right now and it is not known if they plan to do any upgrades. I have absolutely no idea why samsung chose to stay with the outdated 5.1.1 mid 2016 when we already got 7.1 coming out. This custom rom is probably the best you can get if you want an upgrade from Lollipop. Performance on the latest build is also better, you be the judge.

This ROM is stable enough to be my current daily driver, however please take note of the issues noted below. Feature are on par or exceeds my OMNIRom builds in terms of features and performance. However do note that CyanogenMod has a lot more features and brings about its own bugs as well.

Based off on Cyanogenmod 13 sources which is based on Marshmallow 6.0.1

Device Tree:
    =========

Device: https://github.com/jedld/device_samsung_gtexslte.git
    Vendor: https://github.com/jedld/vendor_samsung_gtexslte.git
    Kernel: https://github.com/jedld/kernel_samsung_gtexslte.git

Update Jan 28, 2017
    ===============

New XTRM build released. Overview of changes:

* kernel and framework built with -O3 compiler flag for deeper linaro optimizations
    * Video recording now works
    * Added I/O scheduler support to the kernel
    * reduced OC to 1.54 from 1.56 (actually faster at this clock)

Update Jan 16, 2017
    ===============

CM 13 Xtreme builds now available! See section below for details.

Update Jan 07, 2017
    ===============

A build with SELinux enforcing and support for F2FS in the data partition is now available. If SELinux security is important for you and if you want the Filesystem performance benefits that F2FS brings, I invite you to check it out the section below. Note however that a Data Wipe is necessary.

Update Dec 14, 2016
    ===============

- Fixed hardware acceleration for some videos (lower power consumption in YouTube etc.)
    - Fixed crash when a call has ended
    - ScreenRecorder/ScreenCasting now works.
    - Added reboot menu options (Needs developer mode)

Works:

- Wifi/SMS
    - Audio
    - Graphics
    - GPS
    - Wifi Hotspot
    - Incoming/Outgoing Calls
    - MTP
    - Bluetooth
    - Camera (stills) - but video works in xtrm-20170128
    - LTE

Bugs/Known Issues

*Unable to record video using camera* (Fixed in xtrm-20170128 build)
    *FM Radio crashes*
    *gps unable to get a fix*
    *poor sound volume (can possibly be fixed by sound mod add-ons)
    *speakerphone issues during call*

Other Notes:

- selinux permissive (There is a special build with selinux enforcing in the section below)
    @Vagr9K has a fix for gps issues here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71999226&postcount=42 thanks1

Most of the issues are fixable, I just need more time and encouragement :D

SM-T280 Users: Unfortunately this rom would probably not work on it since the SM-T285 and SM-T280 have different kernels and slightly different hardware. I don't have access to this device so it would be hard for me to port it over. However I believe there are a lot of similiarities in the device tree that can be shared. If a dev with the SM-T280 is interested I can probably help.

Download
    ========

Remember flashing an unofficial ROM on your samsung device will probably void your warranty, Samsung representatives will probably not be able to help you as they are still stuck at 5.1.1 land as of now and have no idea how to handle a SM-T285 that is running 6.0.1.

As always flash this at your own risk. Make sure you have a copy of the stock ROM so that you have something to fall back to, which is highly the case when using an experimental rom.

See DevDB download section. Or click here for the latest version.

Note that this rom is pure stock and does not come with the Play Store or any Gapps, I suggest you download a micro gapps package separately and install it via recovery.

There have been reports that recent versions of open gapps don't work properly, it is advised to use older versions instead (e.g. open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20161109.zip)

Finally if you enjoyed this ROM and like what I'm doing, hit the thanks button or better yet hit the donate button.

Installation Instructions
    ==================

Perform a backup of all of your important files. This ROM is experimental and I will not be responsible for your loss of data.

Download the zip file and extract the tar.

Use Odin/Heimdall to flash the tar file to your device. If you are coming from stock oranother rom make sure you wipe first using TWRP. Coming from a previous version of OMNIRom for SM-T285 may not require a wipe, however please perform a wipe if you encounter problems.

Using the F2FS and selinux enabled version (WIPE Required)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended to move over to the Xtreme build instead (01/17/2016)

1. Flash the custom F2FS version of TWRP for the SM-T285 here using Odin/Heimdall. If coming from another ROM or even a non F2FS version of CM you need to format your data partition to F2FS using this twrp so make sure you take the necessary backups.

2. Download an flash using Odin/Heimall CM 13.1 F2FS Edition here.

Other Notes: Antutu Scores for reference (6.0.1, F2FS) : Overall: 25830, 3D: 914, UX: 10397, CPU: 10606, RAM: 3913

Xtreme Edition Builds
    =================

Xtreme Edition builds are aggressively optimized and possibly unstable builds (though I do test them for some time to ensure minimum stability). Warning this build is only for enthusiasts that want to tinker settings to achieve the best performance possible for this device (using Kernel Auditor is recommended). Speed should be noticeable especially when coming from stock or non optimized builds.

Feature List:

* Kernel and system files compiled with the latest linaro toolchain 6.2.1 with -O3 optimization
    * Additional hotplug and CPU governors installed (tweak with your hearts content with Kernel Auditor)
    * Max clockspeed slightly bumped to 1.54Ghz from 1.5Ghz
    * Various speed optimization patches to the kernel
    * Support for KSM (Kernel same page merging)
    * Support for both Ext4 and F2FS for the data and cache partitions (Use TWRP to switch to your desired FS)
    * SELinux enabled
    * ExFAT and NTFS support built-in
    * Improved doze and low power mode support
    * Antutu Score 26325 (KSM disabled, IntelliPlug Enabled, F2FS data and cache partitions)
    * USB Audio/MIDI support (untested)
    * Added new I/O schedulers (row, bfq etc.)
    * Other optimizations and fixes I can't remember

For GPL compliance please look at the github source above, kernel sources for Xtreme builds are under the performance branch.

Issues
    -------
    Known issues are the same with the standard build (e.g. video recording not working etc.) However due to aggressive kernel changes this build may not be as stable as the standard build.

Download & Installation
    -------------

This build supports both Ext4 and F2FS filesystems so a wipe isn't strictly necessary unless you want to switch filesystems using TWRP. However I won't be responsible for data loss, so make sure you make the necessary backups.

Grab the latest build here
    If you haven't updated TWRP, get the latest build with F2FS support and the latest kernel here.

Root and customization
    ===================

Cyanogenmod already comes with its own root mechanism, you have to enable it in developer settings though.

If you want to customize this ROM and repackage it you may use this guide as a reference.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 LTE (SM-T285), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
    jedld, @koquantam - for pioneering the work on spreadtrum devices
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-12
    Last Updated 2017-01-28
    says md5 binary is invalid when trying to flash

Updated the links, try again and see if it fixes it.
    Just released a F2FS enabled and SELinux enforcing build. Unfortunately using F2FS requires a wipe. Feedback appreciated.
    Love your work jedld !!
    Fyi, I ran into a issue with the lte on the T285 and the wifi was disabling the sim and turning off the phone completely lol. After a bit of digging if you login as root and change the following global it will fix it. The latest gapps also works just fine and so does the 89 version of xposed :)
    adb shell "su -c 'settings put global wifi_on 1'"
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone