[ROM][CM13][6.0.1][BETA][UNOFFICIAL] Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 LTE SM-T285

Search This thread

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
New built GPS Not work.Found only 4 satelittes but no fix.
Gapps dont Work.Not from january 2017 and Not from october 2016

GPS yes but gapps have always worked...no link2sd or any other stuff not saying you are but o recall some other device or this one someone had all issues then found out he was trying other things simultaneously

I last checked the Jan 10 version no issues though am back on ext4 because my other backups like stock (modified) are on ext4

Sent from my SM-T285 using XDA Free mobile app

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
New built GPS Not work.Found only 4 satelittes but no fix.
Gapps dont Work.Not from january 2017 and Not from october 2016

Apologies for the GPS, I've updated the links try if the latest build fixes it. As for the open gapps, the gapps build dated 10272016 works as that was the one I'm using, not sure about builds after that date.

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
GPS yes but gapps have always worked...no link2sd or any other stuff not saying you are but o recall some other device or this one someone had all issues then found out he was trying other things simultaneously

I last checked the Jan 10 version no issues though am back on ext4 because my other backups like stock (modified) are on ext4

The XTRM builds should now support both ext4 and F2FS partitions so that should help you in some way.

Reactions: mac231us

Kevinkuensken

Sep 16, 2010
I Hope GPS is fixed in next built.If i install gapps in f2fs Format gapps Not installed.

edit:I have tested the new build form today but gps dont work only find 4 Satelittes but no fix

Last edited:

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
I Hope GPS is fixed in next built.If i install gapps in f2fs Format gapps Not installed.

edit:I have tested the new build form today but gps dont work only find 4 Satelittes but no fix

Maybe flash gapps first then change to f2fs?

Kevinkuensken

Sep 16, 2010
yes maybe but i must delete data then to Format in F2FS.
But i need GPS i use the Tab as Navigation in my Truck.And i need Louder Sound.Soundboost stock library?Then i use it daily

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
The XTRM builds should now support both ext4 and F2FS partitions so that should help you in some way.

Thanks Jedid.. Setting it up now

FYI for all maybe most of you know

If interested to change recent apps hard key to menu function like I wanted .. Go to system... USR... Keylayout and change sec_touchkey.kl key 254 to MENU (edit in root explorer or FX etc)

Reactions: acornkenya

muralivijay

Nov 30, 2014
tiruchirapalli
i have ported this rom to my device xolo era 4g ... using prebuilt kernel ... rom boots resolution is ok .. wifi and touch is working but sim , sound, and my device data partition is located in /dev/block/mmcblk0p23 but it takes /dev/block/mmcbk0p18 its actually /cache partition .. this rom take this as userdata ..... can i use your device tree and kernel source for compile rom ? help me please...

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
i have not had any bootloop issues - having switched back and forth from cm13 to omni to cm13 extreme to stock then back to cm13 extreme etc etc

especially since I do frequent TWRP backups and do tweaks to theme (have rebooted several several times)

one thing is on cm13 extreme I have stuck with ext4 and not changed that (formatted once and that is it) as I also go back to stock occasionally (gps, speakerphone)

have not tried to flash stock through odin for the longest time as have worked with twrp backup made back in December (but maybe ext4, full wipe, then odin? may work? - usual process?)

am not doing any kernel mods only changes I make are to get menu on the app switch recent apps hardware key, use omni audio files to remove echo during call (for caller) ...some font cganges and plenty of theming and some xposed modules like gravity, net strength

root is done by flashing root SU not using CM root

maybe jedid has a solution for you just reporting my experiences although am a simple user no games but do have many many apps (over 120)

gian20

Apr 19, 2013
Manila
hi, i am stuck at bootloop. I am using the stock firmware *APCN then I have encrypted my device. Decryptd and factory reset using TWRP 3.0.2.0. now I have download the xtreme version "CM13-XTRM-20170116-2-UNOFFICIAL-SMT285-BETA.zip". I am using GNU/Linux and tried to flash using Heimdall.
Commands executed:
$ tar -xvf CM13-XTRM-20170116-2-UNOFFICIAL-SMT285-BETA.zip
# Vol + Home + Pwr = DOwnload Mode
$ sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY ./recovery.img
$ sudo heimdall flash --KERNEL ./boot.img
$ sudo heimdall flash --SYSTEM ./system.img

then the device is not boot looped showing the Marshmallow logo (animation). I don't know what triggered it. does the boot.img from the ZIP and tar.md5 corresponds to the partition KERNEL or BOOT ? Please help

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
hi, i am stuck at bootloop. I am using the stock firmware *APCN then I have encrypted my device. Decryptd and factory reset using TWRP 3.0.2.0. now I have download the xtreme version "CM13-XTRM-20170116-2-UNOFFICIAL-SMT285-BETA.zip". I am using GNU/Linux and tried to flash using Heimdall.
Commands executed:
$ tar -xvf CM13-XTRM-20170116-2-UNOFFICIAL-SMT285-BETA.zip
# Vol + Home + Pwr = DOwnload Mode
$ sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY ./recovery.img
$ sudo heimdall flash --KERNEL ./boot.img
$ sudo heimdall flash --SYSTEM ./system.img

then the device is not boot looped showing the Marshmallow logo (animation). I don't know what triggered it. does the boot.img from the ZIP and tar.md5 corresponds to the partition KERNEL or BOOT ? Please help

You heimdall commands are correct, the only problem I can think of is that you haven't wiped your data partition properly. I suggest that you go back to TWRP and try to reformat your /data or optionally your /cache partition (ext4 or f2fs). Also first boot up takes a while so you may have been impatient.

gian20

Apr 19, 2013
Manila
I am confused about the KERNEL and BOOT partitions for the boot.img to flash by heimdall. I am reflashing system and boot imgs using heimdall, still waiting for the boot animation to completed.

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
I am confused about the KERNEL and BOOT partitions for the boot.img to flash by heimdall. I am reflashing system and boot imgs using heimdall, still waiting for the boot animation to completed.

Don't touch the boot partition. From what I know you can't really touch it as it is read only. Only the KERNEL, SYSTEM and RECOVERY partitions (sometimes userdata) are available are used with regards to custom roms. If you continue to have problems I suggest you go back to stock 5.1.1 first and boot with it then proceed with CM builds (I recommend the less aggressive non-XTRM builds).

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
i have ported this rom to my device xolo era 4g ... using prebuilt kernel ... rom boots resolution is ok .. wifi and touch is working but sim , sound, and my device data partition is located in /dev/block/mmcblk0p23 but it takes /dev/block/mmcbk0p18 its actually /cache partition .. this rom take this as userdata ..... can i use your device tree and kernel source for compile rom ? help me please...

You can use of course, just no guarantee that it works ;). Please also take a look at remilia's repositories https://github.com/remilia15 she has done a lot of work for spreadtrum based devices and I owe a lot of my progress with her device trees.

gian20

Apr 19, 2013
Manila
The build "CM13-XTRM-20170116-2-UNOFFICIAL-SMT285-BETA" has bugs such as:
- Whenever settings the "Clock" for alarms the device reboots infinitely, after rebooting it reboots again and again.. until I wipe user data.
- WiFi disconnects frequently when transferring data (like SFTP, SAMBA)

Reactions: mac231us

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
The build "CM13-XTRM-20170116-2-UNOFFICIAL-SMT285-BETA" has bugs such as:
- Whenever settings the "Clock" for alarms the device reboots infinitely, after rebooting it reboots again and again.. until I wipe user data.
- WiFi disconnects frequently when transferring data (like SFTP, SAMBA)

I got that too ...thought it had to with a theme I applied and did not bother to report (besides had some xposed mods so was not sure what it was-too lazy to go to base installation to try the clock) Thanks!

EDIT2
In my case it reboots but then freezes up again like when I go to the clock app to say clear the data (which I cannot do as the touch function freezes and the reboot starts again) I went to twrp and cleared just the data for the clock there (no need of full wipe)...but then dared not touch the clock again..it worked

not sure about wifi but cellular data-wise it is slower to latch on to the network compared to Omni (esp if going from bad network area to a better signal area - i have had to toggle airplane mode or sometimes simply reboot to get it to hook up to the network) omni is like stock-very quick 4g recognition

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of Cyanogenmod 13 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 (2016) LTE SM-T285. Cyanogenmod needs no introduction, it is one of the most popular aftermarket ROM distributions around.

5.1.1 is the best that you can get from samsung right now and it is not known if they plan to do any upgrades. I have absolutely no idea why samsung chose to stay with the outdated 5.1.1 mid 2016 when we already got 7.1 coming out. This custom rom is probably the best you can get if you want an upgrade from Lollipop. Performance on the latest build is also better, you be the judge.

This ROM is stable enough to be my current daily driver, however please take note of the issues noted below. Feature are on par or exceeds my OMNIRom builds in terms of features and performance. However do note that CyanogenMod has a lot more features and brings about its own bugs as well.

Based off on Cyanogenmod 13 sources which is based on Marshmallow 6.0.1

Device Tree:
    =========

Device: https://github.com/jedld/device_samsung_gtexslte.git
    Vendor: https://github.com/jedld/vendor_samsung_gtexslte.git
    Kernel: https://github.com/jedld/kernel_samsung_gtexslte.git

Update Jan 28, 2017
    ===============

New XTRM build released. Overview of changes:

* kernel and framework built with -O3 compiler flag for deeper linaro optimizations
    * Video recording now works
    * Added I/O scheduler support to the kernel
    * reduced OC to 1.54 from 1.56 (actually faster at this clock)

Update Jan 16, 2017
    ===============

CM 13 Xtreme builds now available! See section below for details.

Update Jan 07, 2017
    ===============

A build with SELinux enforcing and support for F2FS in the data partition is now available. If SELinux security is important for you and if you want the Filesystem performance benefits that F2FS brings, I invite you to check it out the section below. Note however that a Data Wipe is necessary.

Update Dec 14, 2016
    ===============

- Fixed hardware acceleration for some videos (lower power consumption in YouTube etc.)
    - Fixed crash when a call has ended
    - ScreenRecorder/ScreenCasting now works.
    - Added reboot menu options (Needs developer mode)

Works:

- Wifi/SMS
    - Audio
    - Graphics
    - GPS
    - Wifi Hotspot
    - Incoming/Outgoing Calls
    - MTP
    - Bluetooth
    - Camera (stills) - but video works in xtrm-20170128
    - LTE

Bugs/Known Issues

*Unable to record video using camera* (Fixed in xtrm-20170128 build)
    *FM Radio crashes*
    *gps unable to get a fix*
    *poor sound volume (can possibly be fixed by sound mod add-ons)
    *speakerphone issues during call*

Other Notes:

- selinux permissive (There is a special build with selinux enforcing in the section below)
    @Vagr9K has a fix for gps issues here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71999226&postcount=42 thanks1

Most of the issues are fixable, I just need more time and encouragement :D

SM-T280 Users: Unfortunately this rom would probably not work on it since the SM-T285 and SM-T280 have different kernels and slightly different hardware. I don't have access to this device so it would be hard for me to port it over. However I believe there are a lot of similiarities in the device tree that can be shared. If a dev with the SM-T280 is interested I can probably help.

Download
    ========

Remember flashing an unofficial ROM on your samsung device will probably void your warranty, Samsung representatives will probably not be able to help you as they are still stuck at 5.1.1 land as of now and have no idea how to handle a SM-T285 that is running 6.0.1.

As always flash this at your own risk. Make sure you have a copy of the stock ROM so that you have something to fall back to, which is highly the case when using an experimental rom.

See DevDB download section. Or click here for the latest version.

Note that this rom is pure stock and does not come with the Play Store or any Gapps, I suggest you download a micro gapps package separately and install it via recovery.

There have been reports that recent versions of open gapps don't work properly, it is advised to use older versions instead (e.g. open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20161109.zip)

Finally if you enjoyed this ROM and like what I'm doing, hit the thanks button or better yet hit the donate button.

Installation Instructions
    ==================

Perform a backup of all of your important files. This ROM is experimental and I will not be responsible for your loss of data.

Download the zip file and extract the tar.

Use Odin/Heimdall to flash the tar file to your device. If you are coming from stock oranother rom make sure you wipe first using TWRP. Coming from a previous version of OMNIRom for SM-T285 may not require a wipe, however please perform a wipe if you encounter problems.

Using the F2FS and selinux enabled version (WIPE Required)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended to move over to the Xtreme build instead (01/17/2016)

1. Flash the custom F2FS version of TWRP for the SM-T285 here using Odin/Heimdall. If coming from another ROM or even a non F2FS version of CM you need to format your data partition to F2FS using this twrp so make sure you take the necessary backups.

2. Download an flash using Odin/Heimall CM 13.1 F2FS Edition here.

Other Notes: Antutu Scores for reference (6.0.1, F2FS) : Overall: 25830, 3D: 914, UX: 10397, CPU: 10606, RAM: 3913

Xtreme Edition Builds
    =================

Xtreme Edition builds are aggressively optimized and possibly unstable builds (though I do test them for some time to ensure minimum stability). Warning this build is only for enthusiasts that want to tinker settings to achieve the best performance possible for this device (using Kernel Auditor is recommended). Speed should be noticeable especially when coming from stock or non optimized builds.

Feature List:

* Kernel and system files compiled with the latest linaro toolchain 6.2.1 with -O3 optimization
    * Additional hotplug and CPU governors installed (tweak with your hearts content with Kernel Auditor)
    * Max clockspeed slightly bumped to 1.54Ghz from 1.5Ghz
    * Various speed optimization patches to the kernel
    * Support for KSM (Kernel same page merging)
    * Support for both Ext4 and F2FS for the data and cache partitions (Use TWRP to switch to your desired FS)
    * SELinux enabled
    * ExFAT and NTFS support built-in
    * Improved doze and low power mode support
    * Antutu Score 26325 (KSM disabled, IntelliPlug Enabled, F2FS data and cache partitions)
    * USB Audio/MIDI support (untested)
    * Added new I/O schedulers (row, bfq etc.)
    * Other optimizations and fixes I can't remember

For GPL compliance please look at the github source above, kernel sources for Xtreme builds are under the performance branch.

Issues
    -------
    Known issues are the same with the standard build (e.g. video recording not working etc.) However due to aggressive kernel changes this build may not be as stable as the standard build.

Download & Installation
    -------------

This build supports both Ext4 and F2FS filesystems so a wipe isn't strictly necessary unless you want to switch filesystems using TWRP. However I won't be responsible for data loss, so make sure you make the necessary backups.

Grab the latest build here
    If you haven't updated TWRP, get the latest build with F2FS support and the latest kernel here.

Root and customization
    ===================

Cyanogenmod already comes with its own root mechanism, you have to enable it in developer settings though.

If you want to customize this ROM and repackage it you may use this guide as a reference.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 LTE (SM-T285), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
    jedld, @koquantam - for pioneering the work on spreadtrum devices
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-12
    Last Updated 2017-01-28
    says md5 binary is invalid when trying to flash

Updated the links, try again and see if it fixes it.
    Just released a F2FS enabled and SELinux enforcing build. Unfortunately using F2FS requires a wipe. Feedback appreciated.
    Love your work jedld !!
    Fyi, I ran into a issue with the lte on the T285 and the wifi was disabling the sim and turning off the phone completely lol. After a bit of digging if you login as root and change the following global it will fix it. The latest gapps also works just fine and so does the 89 version of xposed :)
    adb shell "su -c 'settings put global wifi_on 1'"
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone