[ROM][CM13][6.0.1][BETA][UNOFFICIAL] Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 LTE SM-T285

Search This thread

gian20

Apr 19, 2013
Manila
I got that too ...thought it had to with a theme I applied and did not bother to report (besides had some xposed mods so was not sure what it was-too lazy to go to base installation to try the clock) Thanks!

EDIT2
In my case it reboots but then freezes up again like when I go to the clock app to say clear the data (which I cannot do as the touch function freezes and the reboot starts again) I went to twrp and cleared just the data for the clock there (no need of full wipe)...but then dared not touch the clock again..it worked

not sure about wifi but cellular data-wise it is slower to latch on to the network compared to Omni (esp if going from bad network area to a better signal area - i have had to toggle airplane mode or sometimes simply reboot to get it to hook up to the network) omni is like stock-very quick 4g recognition

I am now using a Alarm Clock found in F-Droid.org
Also trying to Encrypt Phone but it is still in the Marshmallow animation for about 35 minutes, still waiting... for it to complete if not then I am not going to use full data encryption...

Reactions: mac231us

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
I am now using a Alarm Clock found in F-Droid.org
Also trying to Encrypt Phone but it is still in the Marshmallow animation for about 35 minutes, still waiting... for it to complete if not then I am not going to use full data encryption...

thanks will try it...I have not used the f2fs as my stock in in ext4 as is the omni

gian20

Apr 19, 2013
Manila
@jedld what are the changes from 012317 to 012817 I have consumed my bandwidth cannot download more updates for today... the device encryption does not work it only reboots like nothing happened. My cache is ext4 and data is f2fs using the 012317 build. the only bugs that i have found:
- clock (reboots device indefinitely after or before you set the Alarm)
- encrypt phone

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
@jedld what are the changes from 012317 to 012817 I have consumed my bandwidth cannot download more updates for today... the device encryption does not work it only reboots like nothing happened. My cache is ext4 and data is f2fs using the 012317 build. the only bugs that i have found:
- clock (reboots device indefinitely after or before you set the Alarm)
- encrypt phone

- The clock issue is new to me, I'll need to investigate further.
- As for the encrypt phone it doesn't work with f2fs as far as I know, try switching to ext4 and see if it works.

01282017 contains fixes for video recording and I/O schedulers, not sure if you need those.

gian20

Apr 19, 2013
Manila
- The clock issue is new to me, I'll need to investigate further.
- As for the encrypt phone it doesn't work with f2fs as far as I know, try switching to ext4 and see if it works.

01282017 contains fixes for video recording and I/O schedulers, not sure if you need those.

I've tried to factory reset and switched to EXT4 and tried to encrypt again. After an hour the device is still on the marshmallow bootlogo animation, so I gave up.
However when I boot to recovery it asks for the data partition decryption password and it mount the encrypted data but the device if booted will only stay in bootloop...

I am not going to use encryption for now. The 01232017 build has a fix on the video recording, so I am going to use it for a while since I have exceeded my internet bandwidth to download the 01282017 build.

UPDATE:

Build 01232017
- System UI crashes whenever I view or scroll down the Status Bar (sometimes, but reboot fixes it)

- Alarm clock (stock) does not work (third party app works but Alarm does not have any sound only vibrations)
- WiFi disconnects whenever high data usage occurs (such as Downloading apps from F-Droid)

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2013
Something mildly related: didn't we get Android 6 updates for the T-285? They were announced not long ago. I'm running into issues with moving applications to the sd card again.

Sep 3, 2013
I don't think Android 6 is out for the SM-T285 yet assuming samsung plans to relase one for it.

You are right. They announced it to be available after past summer and never kept up with their promises. What would be the most stable, working build with 6.0? My gripe with 5.1 is the fact that the SD card can't be used as merged storage. There are too many apps that store obd data and refuse to place it in the sdcard. So far I couldn't fix this and have been stuck with internal storage mostly for most apps.

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
You are right. They announced it to be available after past summer and never kept up with their promises. What would be the most stable, working build with 6.0? My gripe with 5.1 is the fact that the SD card can't be used as merged storage. There are too many apps that store obd data and refuse to place it in the sdcard. So far I couldn't fix this and have been stuck with internal storage mostly for most apps.

This CM-13 is the most feature complete 6.0 from the hardware standpoint of all my builds. Please take note of the issues that it still has though and the various reports submitted by other users. If you still want to stay in 5.1 and you have root, use can actually soft link your large apps if you have an ext4 formatted partition (see a script I did way back for reference).

Reactions: acornkenya

SpyderAByte

Dec 27, 2013
So I am currently running the tinker edition Rom with twrp on my sm-t280. Sorry for my noobs question, but does this not mean the bootloader is unlocked? Is there any chance for a port or is it basically abandoned?

jedld

Oct 15, 2007
Bacoor
So I am currently running the tinker edition Rom with twrp on my sm-t280. Sorry for my noobs question, but does this not mean the bootloader is unlocked? Is there any chance for a port or is it basically abandoned?

> Sorry for my noobs question, but does this not mean the bootloader is unlocked?

First, yes the bootloader is *technically* unlock which is why there is custom recovery and root for this device.

> Is there any chance for a port or is it basically abandoned?

Yes there is a chance for a port. The only thing missing is the number of devs and the effort they are willing to exert to get something on this device. I would have worked on this device if only I had the hardware.

Fyi. Just to let you know, There are other devs in this forum that are planning to or are currently trying to work on the SM-T280.

Reactions: buryingluck

anhdd.lqd

Mar 22, 2017
This is a port of Cyanogenmod 13 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 (2016) LTE SM-T285. Cyanogenmod needs no introduction, it is one of the most popular aftermarket ROM distributions around.

5.1.1 is the best that you can get from samsung right now and it is not known if they plan to do any upgrades. I have absolutely no idea why samsung chose to stay with the outdated 5.1.1 mid 2016 when we already got 7.1 coming out. This custom rom is probably the best you can get if you want an upgrade from Lollipop. Performance on the latest build is also better, you be the judge.

This ROM is stable enough to be my current daily driver, however please take note of the issues noted below. Feature are on par or exceeds my OMNIRom builds in terms of features and performance. However do note that CyanogenMod has a lot more features and brings about its own bugs as well.

Based off on Cyanogenmod 13 sources which is based on Marshmallow 6.0.1

Device Tree:
=========

Device: https://github.com/jedld/device_samsung_gtexslte.git
Vendor: https://github.com/jedld/vendor_samsung_gtexslte.git
Kernel: https://github.com/jedld/kernel_samsung_gtexslte.git

Update Jan 28, 2017
===============

New XTRM build released. Overview of changes:

* kernel and framework built with -O3 compiler flag for deeper linaro optimizations
* Video recording now works
* Added I/O scheduler support to the kernel
* reduced OC to 1.54 from 1.56 (actually faster at this clock)

Update Jan 16, 2017
===============

CM 13 Xtreme builds now available! See section below for details.

Update Jan 07, 2017
===============

A build with SELinux enforcing and support for F2FS in the data partition is now available. If SELinux security is important for you and if you want the Filesystem performance benefits that F2FS brings, I invite you to check it out the section below. Note however that a Data Wipe is necessary.

Update Dec 14, 2016
===============

- Fixed hardware acceleration for some videos (lower power consumption in YouTube etc.)
- Fixed crash when a call has ended
- ScreenRecorder/ScreenCasting now works.
- Added reboot menu options (Needs developer mode)

Works:

- Wifi/SMS
- Audio
- Graphics
- GPS
- Wifi Hotspot
- Incoming/Outgoing Calls
- MTP
- Bluetooth
- Camera (stills) - but video works in xtrm-20170128
- LTE

Bugs/Known Issues

*Unable to record video using camera* (Fixed in xtrm-20170128 build)
*FM Radio crashes*
*gps unable to get a fix*
*poor sound volume (can possibly be fixed by sound mod add-ons)
*speakerphone issues during call*

Other Notes:

- selinux permissive (There is a special build with selinux enforcing in the section below)

Most of the issues are fixable, I just need more time and encouragement :D

SM-T280 Users: Unfortunately this rom would probably not work on it since the SM-T285 and SM-T280 have different kernels and slightly different hardware. I don't have access to this device so it would be hard for me to port it over. However I believe there are a lot of similiarities in the device tree that can be shared. If a dev with the SM-T280 is interested I can probably help.

Download
========

Remember flashing an unofficial ROM on your samsung device will probably void your warranty, Samsung representatives will probably not be able to help you as they are still stuck at 5.1.1 land as of now and have no idea how to handle a SM-T285 that is running 6.0.1.

As always flash this at your own risk. Make sure you have a copy of the stock ROM so that you have something to fall back to, which is highly the case when using an experimental rom.

See DevDB download section. Or click here for the latest version.

Note that this rom is pure stock and does not come with the Play Store or any Gapps, I suggest you download a micro gapps package separately and install it via recovery.

There have been reports that recent versions of open gapps don't work properly, it is advised to use older versions instead (e.g. open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20161109.zip)

Finally if you enjoyed this ROM and like what I'm doing, hit the thanks button or better yet hit the donate button.

Installation Instructions
==================

Perform a backup of all of your important files. This ROM is experimental and I will not be responsible for your loss of data.

Download the zip file and extract the tar.

Use Odin/Heimdall to flash the tar file to your device. If you are coming from stock oranother rom make sure you wipe first using TWRP. Coming from a previous version of OMNIRom for SM-T285 may not require a wipe, however please perform a wipe if you encounter problems.

Using the F2FS and selinux enabled version (WIPE Required)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended to move over to the Xtreme build instead (01/17/2016)

1. Flash the custom F2FS version of TWRP for the SM-T285 here using Odin/Heimdall. If coming from another ROM or even a non F2FS version of CM you need to format your data partition to F2FS using this twrp so make sure you take the necessary backups.

2. Download an flash using Odin/Heimall CM 13.1 F2FS Edition here.

Other Notes: Antutu Scores for reference (6.0.1, F2FS) : Overall: 25830, 3D: 914, UX: 10397, CPU: 10606, RAM: 3913

Xtreme Edition Builds
=================

Xtreme Edition builds are aggressively optimized and possibly unstable builds (though I do test them for some time to ensure minimum stability). Warning this build is only for enthusiasts that want to tinker settings to achieve the best performance possible for this device (using Kernel Auditor is recommended). Speed should be noticeable especially when coming from stock or non optimized builds.

Feature List:

* Kernel and system files compiled with the latest linaro toolchain 6.2.1 with -O3 optimization
* Additional hotplug and CPU governors installed (tweak with your hearts content with Kernel Auditor)
* Max clockspeed slightly bumped to 1.54Ghz from 1.5Ghz
* Various speed optimization patches to the kernel
* Support for KSM (Kernel same page merging)
* Support for both Ext4 and F2FS for the data and cache partitions (Use TWRP to switch to your desired FS)
* SELinux enabled
* ExFAT and NTFS support built-in
* Improved doze and low power mode support
* Antutu Score 26325 (KSM disabled, IntelliPlug Enabled, F2FS data and cache partitions)
* USB Audio/MIDI support (untested)
* Added new I/O schedulers (row, bfq etc.)
* Other optimizations and fixes I can't remember

For GPL compliance please look at the github source above, kernel sources for Xtreme builds are under the performance branch.

Issues
-------
Known issues are the same with the standard build (e.g. video recording not working etc.) However due to aggressive kernel changes this build may not be as stable as the standard build.

Download & Installation
-------------

This build supports both Ext4 and F2FS filesystems so a wipe isn't strictly necessary unless you want to switch filesystems using TWRP. However I won't be responsible for data loss, so make sure you make the necessary backups.

Grab the latest build here
If you haven't updated TWRP, get the latest build with F2FS support and the latest kernel here.

Root and customization
===================

Cyanogenmod already comes with its own root mechanism, you have to enable it in developer settings though.

If you want to customize this ROM and repackage it you may use this guide as a reference.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 13 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 LTE (SM-T285), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
jedld, @koquantam - for pioneering the work on spreadtrum devices
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-12
Last Updated 2017-01-28
HelP :(
How to fix "SIM CARD NOT FOUND " before install CM13 on sm-t285 ?

muralivijay

Nov 30, 2014
tiruchirapalli
The RIL part is usually proprietary you need to use the libraries that come with your device. Also without logs I can't really help you.

iam attached my device log cat .... log shows D AT_Distributor: try to connect RIL

12-31 13:02:40.923 171 171 E AT_Distributor: connection fail & retry connect(125)

and iam checked bandbased version it shows unknown ...

help please how to fix ril

Attachments

• xolo_era4g_logcat.zip
    88.7 KB · Views: 17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of Cyanogenmod 13 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 (2016) LTE SM-T285. Cyanogenmod needs no introduction, it is one of the most popular aftermarket ROM distributions around.

5.1.1 is the best that you can get from samsung right now and it is not known if they plan to do any upgrades. I have absolutely no idea why samsung chose to stay with the outdated 5.1.1 mid 2016 when we already got 7.1 coming out. This custom rom is probably the best you can get if you want an upgrade from Lollipop. Performance on the latest build is also better, you be the judge.

This ROM is stable enough to be my current daily driver, however please take note of the issues noted below. Feature are on par or exceeds my OMNIRom builds in terms of features and performance. However do note that CyanogenMod has a lot more features and brings about its own bugs as well.

Based off on Cyanogenmod 13 sources which is based on Marshmallow 6.0.1

Device Tree:
    =========

Device: https://github.com/jedld/device_samsung_gtexslte.git
    Vendor: https://github.com/jedld/vendor_samsung_gtexslte.git
    Kernel: https://github.com/jedld/kernel_samsung_gtexslte.git

Update Jan 28, 2017
    ===============

New XTRM build released. Overview of changes:

* kernel and framework built with -O3 compiler flag for deeper linaro optimizations
    * Video recording now works
    * Added I/O scheduler support to the kernel
    * reduced OC to 1.54 from 1.56 (actually faster at this clock)

Update Jan 16, 2017
    ===============

CM 13 Xtreme builds now available! See section below for details.

Update Jan 07, 2017
    ===============

A build with SELinux enforcing and support for F2FS in the data partition is now available. If SELinux security is important for you and if you want the Filesystem performance benefits that F2FS brings, I invite you to check it out the section below. Note however that a Data Wipe is necessary.

Update Dec 14, 2016
    ===============

- Fixed hardware acceleration for some videos (lower power consumption in YouTube etc.)
    - Fixed crash when a call has ended
    - ScreenRecorder/ScreenCasting now works.
    - Added reboot menu options (Needs developer mode)

Works:

- Wifi/SMS
    - Audio
    - Graphics
    - GPS
    - Wifi Hotspot
    - Incoming/Outgoing Calls
    - MTP
    - Bluetooth
    - Camera (stills) - but video works in xtrm-20170128
    - LTE

Bugs/Known Issues

*Unable to record video using camera* (Fixed in xtrm-20170128 build)
    *FM Radio crashes*
    *gps unable to get a fix*
    *poor sound volume (can possibly be fixed by sound mod add-ons)
    *speakerphone issues during call*

Other Notes:

- selinux permissive (There is a special build with selinux enforcing in the section below)
    @Vagr9K has a fix for gps issues here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71999226&postcount=42 thanks1

Most of the issues are fixable, I just need more time and encouragement :D

SM-T280 Users: Unfortunately this rom would probably not work on it since the SM-T285 and SM-T280 have different kernels and slightly different hardware. I don't have access to this device so it would be hard for me to port it over. However I believe there are a lot of similiarities in the device tree that can be shared. If a dev with the SM-T280 is interested I can probably help.

Download
    ========

Remember flashing an unofficial ROM on your samsung device will probably void your warranty, Samsung representatives will probably not be able to help you as they are still stuck at 5.1.1 land as of now and have no idea how to handle a SM-T285 that is running 6.0.1.

As always flash this at your own risk. Make sure you have a copy of the stock ROM so that you have something to fall back to, which is highly the case when using an experimental rom.

See DevDB download section. Or click here for the latest version.

Note that this rom is pure stock and does not come with the Play Store or any Gapps, I suggest you download a micro gapps package separately and install it via recovery.

There have been reports that recent versions of open gapps don't work properly, it is advised to use older versions instead (e.g. open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20161109.zip)

Finally if you enjoyed this ROM and like what I'm doing, hit the thanks button or better yet hit the donate button.

Installation Instructions
    ==================

Perform a backup of all of your important files. This ROM is experimental and I will not be responsible for your loss of data.

Download the zip file and extract the tar.

Use Odin/Heimdall to flash the tar file to your device. If you are coming from stock oranother rom make sure you wipe first using TWRP. Coming from a previous version of OMNIRom for SM-T285 may not require a wipe, however please perform a wipe if you encounter problems.

Using the F2FS and selinux enabled version (WIPE Required)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended to move over to the Xtreme build instead (01/17/2016)

1. Flash the custom F2FS version of TWRP for the SM-T285 here using Odin/Heimdall. If coming from another ROM or even a non F2FS version of CM you need to format your data partition to F2FS using this twrp so make sure you take the necessary backups.

2. Download an flash using Odin/Heimall CM 13.1 F2FS Edition here.

Other Notes: Antutu Scores for reference (6.0.1, F2FS) : Overall: 25830, 3D: 914, UX: 10397, CPU: 10606, RAM: 3913

Xtreme Edition Builds
    =================

Xtreme Edition builds are aggressively optimized and possibly unstable builds (though I do test them for some time to ensure minimum stability). Warning this build is only for enthusiasts that want to tinker settings to achieve the best performance possible for this device (using Kernel Auditor is recommended). Speed should be noticeable especially when coming from stock or non optimized builds.

Feature List:

* Kernel and system files compiled with the latest linaro toolchain 6.2.1 with -O3 optimization
    * Additional hotplug and CPU governors installed (tweak with your hearts content with Kernel Auditor)
    * Max clockspeed slightly bumped to 1.54Ghz from 1.5Ghz
    * Various speed optimization patches to the kernel
    * Support for KSM (Kernel same page merging)
    * Support for both Ext4 and F2FS for the data and cache partitions (Use TWRP to switch to your desired FS)
    * SELinux enabled
    * ExFAT and NTFS support built-in
    * Improved doze and low power mode support
    * Antutu Score 26325 (KSM disabled, IntelliPlug Enabled, F2FS data and cache partitions)
    * USB Audio/MIDI support (untested)
    * Added new I/O schedulers (row, bfq etc.)
    * Other optimizations and fixes I can't remember

For GPL compliance please look at the github source above, kernel sources for Xtreme builds are under the performance branch.

Issues
    -------
    Known issues are the same with the standard build (e.g. video recording not working etc.) However due to aggressive kernel changes this build may not be as stable as the standard build.

Download & Installation
    -------------

This build supports both Ext4 and F2FS filesystems so a wipe isn't strictly necessary unless you want to switch filesystems using TWRP. However I won't be responsible for data loss, so make sure you make the necessary backups.

Grab the latest build here
    If you haven't updated TWRP, get the latest build with F2FS support and the latest kernel here.

Root and customization
    ===================

Cyanogenmod already comes with its own root mechanism, you have to enable it in developer settings though.

If you want to customize this ROM and repackage it you may use this guide as a reference.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 LTE (SM-T285), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
    jedld, @koquantam - for pioneering the work on spreadtrum devices
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-12
    Last Updated 2017-01-28
    says md5 binary is invalid when trying to flash

Updated the links, try again and see if it fixes it.
    Just released a F2FS enabled and SELinux enforcing build. Unfortunately using F2FS requires a wipe. Feedback appreciated.
    Love your work jedld !!
    Fyi, I ran into a issue with the lte on the T285 and the wifi was disabling the sim and turning off the phone completely lol. After a bit of digging if you login as root and change the following global it will fix it. The latest gapps also works just fine and so does the 89 version of xposed :)
    adb shell "su -c 'settings put global wifi_on 1'"
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone