Can u guys share your gapps 6.0 nano 2016?
Because Opengapps old releases 2016 is remove now in 2018.
I flash my tab wtih opengapps arm nano 7.1 2018 there is the bug in Playstore that not show up my installed apps when u clear a data.
Before flashing the SM T285 I wiped the system in TWRP (data, cache & system). The system attempts to load unsuccessfully.
does any1 have this file CM13-XTRM-20170128-UNOFFICIAL-SMT285-BETA.zip
I am simply unable to download it from this download section , XDA file hosting MEGA-FAIL ..... like one week i am geting this error every time i try download that file
This is a port of Cyanogenmod 13 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 (2016) LTE SM-T285. Cyanogenmod needs no introduction, it is one of the most popular aftermarket ROM distributions around.
5.1.1 is the best that you can get from samsung right now and it is not known if they plan to do any upgrades. I have absolutely no idea why samsung chose to stay with the outdated 5.1.1 mid 2016 when we already got 7.1 coming out. This custom rom is probably the best you can get if you want an upgrade from Lollipop. Performance on the latest build is also better, you be the judge.
This ROM is stable enough to be my current daily driver, however please take note of the issues noted below. Feature are on par or exceeds my OMNIRom builds in terms of features and performance. However do note that CyanogenMod has a lot more features and brings about its own bugs as well.
Based off on Cyanogenmod 13 sources which is based on Marshmallow 6.0.1
Update Jan 28, 2017
New XTRM build released. Overview of changes:
* kernel and framework built with -O3 compiler flag for deeper linaro optimizations
* Video recording now works
* Added I/O scheduler support to the kernel
* reduced OC to 1.54 from 1.56 (actually faster at this clock)
Update Jan 16, 2017
CM 13 Xtreme builds now available! See section below for details.
Update Jan 07, 2017
A build with SELinux enforcing and support for F2FS in the data partition is now available. If SELinux security is important for you and if you want the Filesystem performance benefits that F2FS brings, I invite you to check it out the section below. Note however that a Data Wipe is necessary.
Update Dec 14, 2016
- Fixed hardware acceleration for some videos (lower power consumption in YouTube etc.)
- Fixed crash when a call has ended
- ScreenRecorder/ScreenCasting now works.
- Added reboot menu options (Needs developer mode)
- Wifi Hotspot
- Incoming/Outgoing Calls
- Camera (stills) - but video works in xtrm-20170128
*Unable to record video using camera* (Fixed in xtrm-20170128 build)
*FM Radio crashes*
*gps unable to get a fix*
*poor sound volume (can possibly be fixed by sound mod add-ons)
*speakerphone issues during call*
- selinux permissive (There is a special build with selinux enforcing in the section below)
@Vagr9K has a fix for gps issues here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71999226&postcount=42 thanks1
Most of the issues are fixable, I just need more time and encouragement
SM-T280 Users: Unfortunately this rom would probably not work on it since the SM-T285 and SM-T280 have different kernels and slightly different hardware. I don't have access to this device so it would be hard for me to port it over. However I believe there are a lot of similiarities in the device tree that can be shared. If a dev with the SM-T280 is interested I can probably help.
Remember flashing an unofficial ROM on your samsung device will probably void your warranty, Samsung representatives will probably not be able to help you as they are still stuck at 5.1.1 land as of now and have no idea how to handle a SM-T285 that is running 6.0.1.
As always flash this at your own risk. Make sure you have a copy of the stock ROM so that you have something to fall back to, which is highly the case when using an experimental rom.
See DevDB download section. Or click here for the latest version.
Note that this rom is pure stock and does not come with the Play Store or any Gapps, I suggest you download a micro gapps package separately and install it via recovery.
There have been reports that recent versions of open gapps don't work properly, it is advised to use older versions instead (e.g. open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20161109.zip)
Finally if you enjoyed this ROM and like what I'm doing, hit the thanks button or better yet hit the donate button.
Perform a backup of all of your important files. This ROM is experimental and I will not be responsible for your loss of data.
Download the zip file and extract the tar.
Use Odin/Heimdall to flash the tar file to your device. If you are coming from stock oranother rom make sure you wipe first using TWRP. Coming from a previous version of OMNIRom for SM-T285 may not require a wipe, however please perform a wipe if you encounter problems.
Using the F2FS and selinux enabled version (WIPE Required)
Recommended to move over to the Xtreme build instead (01/17/2016)
1. Flash the custom F2FS version of TWRP for the SM-T285 here using Odin/Heimdall. If coming from another ROM or even a non F2FS version of CM you need to format your data partition to F2FS using this twrp so make sure you take the necessary backups.
2. Download an flash using Odin/Heimall CM 13.1 F2FS Edition here.
Other Notes: Antutu Scores for reference (6.0.1, F2FS) : Overall: 25830, 3D: 914, UX: 10397, CPU: 10606, RAM: 3913
Xtreme Edition Builds
Xtreme Edition builds are aggressively optimized and possibly unstable builds (though I do test them for some time to ensure minimum stability). Warning this build is only for enthusiasts that want to tinker settings to achieve the best performance possible for this device (using Kernel Auditor is recommended). Speed should be noticeable especially when coming from stock or non optimized builds.
* Kernel and system files compiled with the latest linaro toolchain 6.2.1 with -O3 optimization
* Additional hotplug and CPU governors installed (tweak with your hearts content with Kernel Auditor)
* Max clockspeed slightly bumped to 1.54Ghz from 1.5Ghz
* Various speed optimization patches to the kernel
* Support for KSM (Kernel same page merging)
* Support for both Ext4 and F2FS for the data and cache partitions (Use TWRP to switch to your desired FS)
* SELinux enabled
* ExFAT and NTFS support built-in
* Improved doze and low power mode support
* Antutu Score 26325 (KSM disabled, IntelliPlug Enabled, F2FS data and cache partitions)
* USB Audio/MIDI support (untested)
* Added new I/O schedulers (row, bfq etc.)
* Other optimizations and fixes I can't remember
For GPL compliance please look at the github source above, kernel sources for Xtreme builds are under the performance branch.
Known issues are the same with the standard build (e.g. video recording not working etc.) However due to aggressive kernel changes this build may not be as stable as the standard build.
Download & Installation
This build supports both Ext4 and F2FS filesystems so a wipe isn't strictly necessary unless you want to switch filesystems using TWRP. However I won't be responsible for data loss, so make sure you make the necessary backups.
Grab the latest build here
If you haven't updated TWRP, get the latest build with F2FS support and the latest kernel here.
Root and customization
Cyanogenmod already comes with its own root mechanism, you have to enable it in developer settings though.
If you want to customize this ROM and repackage it you may use this guide as a reference.
CyanogenMod 13 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 LTE (SM-T285), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
jedld, @koquantam - for pioneering the work on spreadtrum devices
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2017-01-28
Is there a way to fix the bluetooth audio stuttering, because when I turn on the bluetooth and wifi at the same time, chances are the audio will stutter, is there a way to fix it?
The version I'm using is Cm13 XTRM 20170128.