[ROM][CM13][CAF] DARK ROM [Optimized][Delta Updates][08/21]

Search This thread

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
Hello
I have few questions about new delta system of updates.
1. Do I need keep latest build on root of SD :crying: or can I change destination :good:?
2. Can I delete delta update after flashing :good: or do I need keep them :crying:?
3. What else we should to know? :confused:

Thanks for reply :fingers-crossed:

Good questions, I haven't use it much obviously so I guess we will find out later. Here's what I know so far :

You will need the latest full build on your sdcard, at least for the first update. From what I've seen in the code, it shouldn't matter where it is, but during my test it was on the root of my sdcard.

For later, I don't think it's necessary to actually keep the Delta updates, but if needed the app will redownload them, so it's probably not a good idea to delete them...

EDIT : So, for now, I would recommend keeping the latest full build on the root of your sdcard. After the first delta update, I'll give you more info on what can be done. Also, I added an new section in the OP about delta updates. I wll update it as needed, so keep an eye on it.

Last edited:

lionheartk

Dec 11, 2008
@Dark_Eyes_ I'm beginning to suspect it has to do with the JVM files inside the app folder being from oracle's java and the ROM being compiled with OpenJDK. Will further investigate.

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
@Dark_Eyes_ I'm beginning to suspect it has to do with the JVM files inside the app folder being from oracle's java and the ROM being compiled with OpenJDK. Will further investigate.

That's a possibility, but I'm pretty sure most devs build with OpenJDK. Not long ago it was even forced in the build process (Oracle wouldn't build). Maybe try replacing the libs in data with one's built with Oracle? I still don't understand why SELinux is acting up that much... even in permissive.

What could be the problem is that I build with java 8, and by default CM13 is built with java 7. Makes sense?

lionheartk

Dec 11, 2008
That's a possibility, but I'm pretty sure most devs build with OpenJDK. Not long ago it was even forced in the build process (Oracle wouldn't build). Maybe try replacing the libs in data with one's built with Oracle? I still don't understand why SELinux is acting up that much... even in permissive.

What could be the problem is that I build with java 8, and by default CM13 is built with java 7. Makes sense?

hrmm that makes a lot of sense actually, maybe the app is built using an older version of java.

Inside the app JVM folder all I could find pertaining to versions was this:

Code:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Implementation-Vendor: Oracle Corporation
Implementation-Title: Java Runtime Environment
Implementation-Version: 1.8.0_65
Specification-Vendor: Oracle Corporation
Created-By: 1.7.0_07 (Oracle Corporation)
Specification-Title: Java Platform API Specification
Specification-Version: 1.8

Reactions: zbiba

MuriLOCO

May 26, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Hello guys. I noticed yesterday that my Front Camera is not working. I update to the last version today 13.0-20160821-NIGHTLY-hammerheadcaf and still does not work. The back camera is perfect but the front camera does not start. Any 1 with the same issue?

ungefere

Apr 28, 2015
Hello guys. I noticed yesterday that my Front Camera is not working. I update to the last version today 13.0-20160821-NIGHTLY-hammerheadcaf and still does not work. The back camera is perfect but the front camera does not start. Any 1 with the same issue?

Latest build, OpenCamera 1.32.1 no problem with front camera

ungefere

Apr 28, 2015
Maybe a hardware issue? I remember that the camera was working fine on Stock ROM. Do you have any suggestion that I can try?

I have also time to time problem with camera but restart always solve this problem. OpenCamera notice me about driver error, but I think this is app problem because I had this error on other ROMs aswell. So I don't think its HW but who knows. Did you tried another camera apps? What app do you use? I can try it.

MuriLOCO

May 26, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I have also time to time problem with camera but restart always solve this problem. OpenCamera notice me about driver error, but I think this is app problem because I had this error on other ROMs aswell. So I don't think its HW but who knows. Did you tried another camera apps? What app do you use? I can try it.

Other camera apps crash as well, I will open the phone tonight and check. Once I had to open my phone, maybe the camera jumper is off.

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
Goddamn it, basketbuild is down. Again. Can someone make a mirror?

Sorry about that, but basketbuild is the only free server I've found that can work with Delta updates.

It's either we have free Delta updates on basketbuild (with its drawback) or we use a more reliable server that don't support Delta updates. It's up to you guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I've been building an extra lean CM13 ROM for hammerheadcaf with a few added features. A lot of CM packages have been stripped down, only the bare minimum is built to provide a fast and stable ROM. That gives you much more freedom as you can install exactly what you really want from the Playstore. You can install most of the missing packages manually, they are available in a flashable zip on the server (see second post).

Key features
    ROM comes with TrueSight v3.0 builtin (with a few of my own tweaks)
    Up to date MOB30Y vendor from Myfluxi's and Kylon's repo

Option to choose between dialer and voice assist in lockscreen
    Option to hide next alarm from expanded status bar and lockscreen
    Clock font and size customizable
    Hide bluetooth icon when disconnected
    Disable immersive messages
    HeadsUp timeout and blacklist/whitelist
    Longpress power button while screen off to trigger flashlight
    Battery saver options
    Keyboard options
    SSID in status bar
    Network traffic in status bar
    Volume steps
    Navigation bar size
    Seconds in status bar
    SuperSU builtin
    AdAway and Xposed builtin (in developer options)
    Synapse builtin
    OpenDelta builtin for delta updates
    ViPER4Android builtin (and working in Enforcing)

Optimizations
    Every effort has been made to optimize the ROM the most :

ROM built with SABERMOD GCC 5.4 and DRAGONTC 4.0 (O3, Graphite, Strict aliasing, Polly, OpenMP, Pthread, LTO/ThinLTO, Krait tunings and lots of extra optimization flags)
    KERNEL built with SABERMOD GCC 7.0 (O3, Graphite, OpenMP and lots of extra optimization flags)
    Java built with OpenJDK 8
    Removed some useless debugging

Installation
    You will need latest radio (2.0.50.2.29) and latest bootloader (HHZ20h)
    Latest TWRP recovery 3.0.2-0 for hammerheadcaf is highly recommended (and mandatory for delta updates)

If coming from any other ROM
    Backup first... always backup first
    Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache
    Install ROM
    Install GAPPS (opengapps are recommended)
    Enjoy !

If coming from a previous build of mine
    Backup (you know it)
    Dirty flash
    Enjoy! (if anything goes wrong, clean flash)

Xposed app is preinstalled and available in the developer options menu. BUT, you will have to install the Xposed framework in recovery if you want it. Afterward, it will survive dirty flashes, so you only need to flash it once. Please, be smart and only install required Xposed packages. Installing too many packages can cause weird behavior and I won't be responsible for it.

Download
    To download the whole ROM
    AndroidFileHost

To download delta updates
    Go to Settings/About phone/System updates and use the OpenDelta app to automatically download delta updates.

Delta Updates
    (Information to be confirmed later)
    Here are a few explanations on how to use delta updates. First, you will need to keep the first full build you downloaded on your sdcard (any full build that have NIGHTLY in the filename will do). I recommend that you keep it on the root of your sdcard until you flash a new build with the OpenDelta app. After that, the OpenDelta app will automatically place a new flashable zip inside the OpenDelta folder that will be used for the next delta updates. At that point you can delete the build on the root of your sdcard, but you will need to keep the (latest) file in the OpenDelta folder at all times to keep the delta updates working.

You will also notice a folder named FlashAfterUpdate in the OpenDelta folder. As its name suggests, any flashable zip files that you put in this folder will be flashed automatically after the update. I recommend that you put all your extra flashable zips there, cause if you use the app to auto-flash the latest build, it will reboot automatically after updating, which means you won't have the opportunity to manually flash other zips.

Support
    Please consider a donation if you like my work !!!

I hope you enjoy it !!!

Thanks and credit
    CyanogenMod
    @myfluxi
    @lol4topnz
    @kylon
    @xanaxdroid
    @frap129
    @DVDandroid
    @theapuv
    All the good devs who contributed to the features I added
    Just a little status update on what is going on at the moment with me and dark rom. I've stopped development of dark rom and focused my time and efforts on building a nougat aosp build for our device. I'm working once again with Team Bliss, so you might want to give it a try once it's ready. Depending on my time available, I might also update dark rom to cm14, but for now my plate is full with the N bringup.

Hope you guys enjoyed my ROM, and keep on eye out for my future work. Thanks!
    New build is up !

Guys,

I was lucky and got it to boot on my first try ;) I just made a few changes to some makefiles and Voila! While at it I updated mostly everything, look at the second post for a full changelog (and I might have forgotten a few things).

Hope you enjoy it !!!
    Good news guys, I'm syncing CM14.1 as I write. I see that myfluxi has a branch for cm14-caf, so I'll try to build with it and see what is working and what is broken. I'll keep you guys posted, but it still could be a little while before I'm ready to push something here, though development is started!

Stay tuned :)
    New build up !

Guys,

I just pushed a brand new build. It has the security patch for ashmem, plus I added the option to change the number of columns in quick settings. I won't be adding the quick unlock option as I don't want to mess around with the security of your device. That kind of hack can create holes to bypass the secure lockscreen altogether, so I'm not gonna add that.

Oh, I also got bored of Synapse crashing all the time, so I switched to Kernel Adiutor Mod. It has most of the options, plus it's much more stable and actively developed.

That's about it for today, go grab it on Android File Host. I left the older builds on basketbuilds, but from now on I'll push my newest builds to AFH.

I hope you enjoy it !