[ROM] [CM13] Cyanogenmod 13 (working) Unofficial V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

The_grim_creeper

Aug 3, 2016
I'm so, so sorry to hear that @Rainbow_Dash. So,so sorry! Not so much for CM13 as I am for you personally. It happened for me too, and I lost a lot of pictures of my kids and a lot of other valuable stuff. It really sucks!!! Best of luck in recovering your stuff.
I know kinda sucks man
Also all the man hours just ruined
Last time he did recover it with terminal or command or what ever its called. This time it looks realllllly bad
Pictures too i guess and videos personally stuff were also in there. Kinda bad man

Reactions: thools60

warface123

Jun 13, 2012
Miami
To anyone that didnt know so far yesterday the one and only hard drive in which cm13 development data was stored died.I didnt backup nor upload any of the data anywhere so literally the last hope of this project lies in if something can be recovered from that drive.It had clicking sounds before but idk.I sent the drive to an "professional data recovery centre" to see if anything can be saved (was more worried bout the drive than cm anyways).Until then im waiting for theyr response.This is the last time im buying Seagate(and possably a mac).
That is all.

nothing wrong with a Mac, got the latest Macbook and I use it for 12 hours straight with no problems, sadly Seagate is known for there bad drives :/

Rainbow_Dash

Nov 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Ok to anyone who has any ideas the drive head seemd to be bad so i swapped the platter into an closed dust free box and now this happens
gA4pFpH.jpg

The head stays in that position for 4 secs at most and returns back to the most back position (in which the head is when stopped)after which returns in that position
Ive read something about lid torque settings or somethin idk
the head has 0 dust and 0 fingerprints on it used thin plastic gloves
The enclosure with the head came from a drive identical to this one both model and capacity
If anyone has any ideas.........well why not share them.......

Last edited:
Reactions: Luis_0

XxNicxX11

Jul 26, 2013
Ok to anyone who has any ideas the drive head seemd to be bad so i swapped the platter into an closed dust free box and now this happens
gA4pFpH.jpg

The head stays in that position for 4 secs at most and returns back to the most back position (in which the head is when stopped)after which returns in that position
Ive read something about lid torque settings or somethin idk
the head has 0 dust and 0 fingerprints on it used thin plastic gloves
The enclosure with the head came from a drive identical to this one both model and capacity
If anyone has any ideas.........well why not share them.......
Hey Rainbow,

This is a very bad idea. I though that you were bringing it in to a professional data recovery center? Even the slightest impurity on the platter could lose you everything permanently.

Cheers,

Nic

Reactions: virulentt

immunised

Aug 26, 2016
There is a video in Youtube where the uploader has CM13 running perfectly on his Galaxy s6 Edge+. And then there is this thread where CM13 is buggy as hell. Can somebody explain? You guys can find the video at youtube.com/watch?v=PnYWt92ooZc

I know we can't post urls and stuff but Im getting the s6 Edge+ and I can't stand Samsungs touchwiz.

dutchintervention

Sep 11, 2012
There is a video in Youtube where the uploader has CM13 running perfectly on his Galaxy s6 Edge+. And then there is this thread where CM13 is buggy as hell. Can somebody explain? You guys can find the video at youtube.com/watch?v=PnYWt92ooZc

I know we can't post urls and stuff but Im getting the s6 Edge+ and I can't stand Samsungs touchwiz.

Can you not see this is a scam, honestly? This was edited... A working CM13 for the G928 doesn't come falling out of the air :p

mag2007

Feb 15, 2012
Worms

It looks like good fake. Look at the comments of the video. First of all, he says, that every model, no matter from which country is supported. If you try to download the file, you need to complete survey, where you have to put your mobile phone number, and it will cost you about 5€. And after all, if you would complete it (don't do it), i don't think, you will get real working cm13 for our device...

thools60

Aug 14, 2013
Kristinehamn

"Buggy as hell"....??? There's two bugs (camera and streaming Netflix and such.) Other than that this rom is fantastic. Great performance, YouTube works perfect and streaming music works fine. Great battery and RAM management. How can you call it buggy as hell if you haven't tried it? I've got two screens of storage, one from a debloated TW rom and one from this, that really shows what AOSP is about. Same amount of apps on both. @Rainbow_Dash and his team has done a fantastic work on this ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160825-102237.jpg
    Screenshot_20160825-102237.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20160825-102655.png
    Screenshot_20160825-102655.png
    104 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

The_grim_creeper

Aug 3, 2016
Absolutely! Who's that guy? Buggy? He doesn't know what he's talking about. I love this rom. My Note5 is flying!!! Thank you guys!

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app
[emoji16]

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Not sure who posted it
But early build were " buggy as hell " i wont say this one is perfect but it has come along way ( and got here fast ) it hasn't been 2 months its it the most stable exynos 7420 cm build out there
Trust me you wont find a better build [emoji5]

linuxpir8

Sep 29, 2010
Hope the OP gets his HD fixed. Ive lost things before and now i try to push things to cloud or another source.

So many things going against you but i appreciate how much youve done and hope to see it continue.

The_grim_creeper

Aug 3, 2016
Yea i think i can work with what ive managed to find around.Dont care much bout the drive it was an 250gb can get that for 30$,but was scared we gotta start from 0 after so many months of work
I know man but good job on the data recovery ( old backup but better then nothing )

Let the drive go man this is the second time this happened you cant trust that drive anymore

Last edited:

GhouLinux

Aug 14, 2014
Nuremberg
Yea i think i can work with what ive managed to find around.Dont care much bout the drive it was an 250gb can get that for 30$,but was scared we gotta start from 0 after so many months of work
Hmmm... May I propose using an additional external hard drive (1tb for ~100€) as daily backup with file versions of the last 3 days and maybe one weekly? No online bandwidth necessary... ?
That saved my data more than once already.

Sent from my SM-G928F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Rainbow_Dash

Nov 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hmmm... May I propose using an additional external hard drive (1tb for ~100€) as daily backup with file versions of the last 3 days and maybe one weekly? No online bandwidth necessary... ?
That saved my data more than once already.

Sent from my SM-G928F using XDA-Developers mobile app
Yea i got the point 1 copy=0 copys. And there is no way in hell i can get a 1TB internal or external drive for 100$.Maybe 150$ for an 500gb here in Romania.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lets just say that its been a long jurney:Weve faced everything from a crook dev that didnt want to share sources(and didnt give a duck about gpl) to my dog eating my pc's power cord,but now V3 is finnaly here with these improvments:
    1 Softkeys (back and recent buttons) finally fixed
    2 Just realised this didnt work properly (synapse)
    3 -
    4 Added oc support up to 2.3GHz and 1.7GHz
    5 Built using Linaro for added stability
    6 Speaking of stability 60% of the apps that crashed before now simply DONT.
    7 Softkey lighting fixed (80% of times)
    8 Removed Herobrine (jk hes still hiding there somewhere)
    9 Kinda better battery life
    10 Added underclock support for those who still arent pleased w battery life
    11 Disabled kernel panic so no more sudden crashes NONE OF EM
    12 Fixed rotation issues where it wont go back portret

As for that dev that didnt want to share sources goes weve made our own sources almost from 0 and yes thats mainly what took us so long

This has been a long ride and il be uploading this somewhere today.Ive heard a lot of great feedback from most* of you and thats what basicaly kept me going
    Speaking of keeping me going i will make a paypal donation link soon in case some of you really like our work.
    Credits:
    @LiL_Assassin
    @ A muffin lover
    @Konsstantine34
    @ My dog
    Ok V4.1 link is up in the fist post(rly hope i uploaded the right one)
    As for the s6 users i am uploading the files needed as i am writing this(initialy was supposed to upload that first but realised that i forgot to add some files)
    (speaking to edge plus usrs now) In theory this vers should be muuuch better less crashes and everythin so let me know how it goes and if you find any more bugs say (eventually with a logcat attached)
    Have Fun!
    How will the build be released, through this thread or from the Cyanogenmod website? And a big thank you to you and your team for working on Cyanogenmod for our device, you truly are lifesavers to stock Android lovers! :) :good:
    It will be released here its not and official cm build. We are working on getting it official
    Hello
    im pleased to inform you guys and tester's there will be a delay in the latest build by about a day or so
    Lol

Reason well they are a few one of which the team has decided to implement a few more risky changes

We have also decided to merge latest kernel sources

We have also updated a few hidden things
    And reverted a few useless commits ( e.g gpu overclocking )

Hopefully latest build will prove stable
    ( probably not ) but its work in progress. And the good news is we are still working on it. any other changes you guys will be the first to know

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone