[ROM] CM13 for T31x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Thread Closed....All support focus has moved to Lineage.

I am creating this thread as a place to discuss development of unofficial CM13 builds for the T31x devices. Those of you that have been around here for a while already know that I tend to get busy with other stuff and disappear a times. So, with that said, if you would like to contribute to the development of this rom, please feel free to do so. I can make you a contributor and you will have the ability to modify this OP as required.
5ZlbRXW.pngg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Standard Disclaimer

#include <std/disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
* cause of male impotence.
*/

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

IRC Channel for Development Chat: I am usually on weekdays 7-4 EST
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=Tab3Dev

What Doesn't Work:
- Bluetooth has audio issues
- External SDCard will not work as "internal" storage

INSTALLATION

- Make sure you're running latest TWRP 3.0.2-0
- Copy GApps and CM ZIPs to your internal or external SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Perform WIPE:
  • In TWRP, select Wipe --> Advanced Wipe.
  • Check Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Cache, and Data
  • Swipe to Wipe
- Flash CM zip
- Flash GApps zip
- Reboot

Updating to a newer version of THIS rom ("dirty" flash)
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM zip (no need to re-flash gapps or wipe anything)
- Reboot

If you have any issues after doing a "dirty" flash, do a clean install before reporting any problems.

Downloads
CyanogenMod
Builds: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=44848

Google Apps
OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org (use an ARM, 6.0 zip) - now on tap needs mini or higher.
HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the gapps package when flashing your rom. If you boot your rom, then try to flash gapps later, you will have issues.

CHANGELOG
For a list of CM changes, you can review the i9300 nightly changelog located HERE.
The i9300 is a similar platform to ours, so most of what is listed there will be applicable for us, unless it is i9300 device specific.

SCREENSHOTS

Coming Soon

DEVICE SPECIFIC SOURCES
- Kernel: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4x12
- Common T31x device: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_device_samsung_lt01-common
- SM-T311: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_device_samsung_lt013g
- SM-T310: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_device_samsung_lt01wifi
- SM-T315: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_device_samsung_lt01lte

CONTRIBUTORS
- CyanogenMod Team, CyanogenMod and AOSP contributors.
- @ketut.kumajaya, for his earlier work in the Tab 3 community.
- @tohenk, for his CM-12.1 Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 builds/fixes.

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

XDA:DevDB Information
CM13 for T31x, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Contributors
gr8nole
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Firmware Required: KitKat Firmware
Based On: CyanogenMod 13

Version Information

Created 2015-12-14
Last Updated 2017-01-03

Last edited:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Reserved

Tips:

• If you flash a gapps package and get a force close on the keyboard, boot into TWRP, mount system, then choose the file manager option and delete /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so Fixed

• You will need to give your browser permission to access storage before you can download anything with it. Go to Settings-Apps to adjust permissions.

• If you flash a Gapps package with Google Camera, the camera may not work. Many i9300 users are reporting that the new Google Camera needs an API that we do not have and therefore will not work.

• When connecting the tablet to a computer to transfer files, it will always initially be in "Charging" mode and you will need to select "File Transfer" mode by clicking on the notification on the tablet.

• Camera - If you get "can't connect to camera" message, download Mediaserver Killer app from store and use it.

• Netflix - If you get lines in your Netflix video, edit your data usage settings on the Netflix website to Low or Medium. I created a "mobile" profile and set the data usage to "low"; then selected that profile in the app and I no longer get the lines on the videos.

• Google Movies - If you get a "license error", you need to give the Google Movies app permission to access "phone"; then reboot.

I have noticed that the latest version of Google Movies does not work (at least on my T310). It always gives the "failed to fetch license" error when trying to play purchased movies. I found this same problem when I first starting using CM13, but it could be solved then by giving the app permission to access "phone" in the permission settings for that app (then reboot). But, the newest version of the Google Movies and TV app does not request these permissions, so the "fix" for the previous version does not work.

If you want to use Google Movies and TV app, you can install the previous version (3.10.10) and allow the required permissions (then reboot) to get it working again.

I will not post the apk because people have varying ideas about installing apps that are not installed directly from the app store, but you can find the previous app on APK Mirror website.

Attachments

• Camera2.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,410
Last edited:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Source Info

What I used to build CM13:

Please don't ask how to setup a build environment in this thread. There are plenty of guides that will instruct you how to setup a build environment for CM. I will not repeat those instructions, only give you the additional info required for building for our devices.

In addition to the full repo of CM13 sources, I used the following from my git:
lt01-common device tree
lt01wifi device tree
lt013g device tree
lt01lte device tree
smdk4x12 kernel source
proprietary vendor blobs

I also used from CM sources:
smdk4412-common device tree
Samsung Service Mode
Samsung Hardware

Last edited:

canisalbus

Apr 27, 2015
Oslo
www.flickr.com
Will test on the t310 as soon as I can :D I am especially anxious of the Bluetooth headset problem that was evident during 12.X (and other custom roms)
Edit: Tried it out. Bluetooth is still a bit messy for headsets. Unless I am very close (less than 2 meters) - so far.
Edit2: Welcome Back Gr8Nole - missed you (for Dev reasons) :D

Last edited:

luisoriera

Nov 3, 2014
Great job gr8nole. One problem that I encounter that is found on lollipop too is YouTube having lag. I really like to use it but in lollipop and marshmallow there's still problems. Still, thanks a lot for keeping this device up-to-date with the latest version of android. Thank you! ?☺?

Last edited:
T

Thanhtho96

He mean when watching videos on youtube for a long time it having lag

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Device cant detect sim card on sm t311 everthing else is perfect

sandeep0048

Aug 26, 2012
MUMBAI
He mean when watching videos on youtube for a long time it having lag

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Device cant detect sim card on sm t311 everthing else is perfect

can it be just upgraded without wiping the data on cm 12.1.1? and were you able to get the sim get detected?
thanks

marek_poland

Aug 2, 2012
Torun
Fresh new, but I'm on T310. I made a factory reset in TWRP without format system. I was on CM12.1

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

marek_poland

Aug 2, 2012
Torun
I'm not using camera neither gps, but youtube works perfectly, no lags, no freeze

Just for info: screen cast still not working

Last edited:

sandeep0048

Aug 26, 2012
MUMBAI
I'm not using camera neither gps, but youtube works perfectly, no lags, no freeze

Just for info: screen cast still not working

Oh ok....

Sent from my SM-T311 using XDA Forums

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

I had clean flash and it cant detect my sim, Can you try flash over cm12.1 without wiping data?

Ok... I installed without wiping data but sim issue is still the same...
Dint detect the sim.
Secondly i only have one mmc but its showing 2 diferent cards one is 5gb and another one shows 1.5gb n internal is different so altogether its showing 3 memories???... Gplay services crashes might b i have not installed or updated gapps.. Not sure. Bt d main issue is sim doesn't gets detected...

Sent from my SM-T311 using XDA Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread Closed....All support focus has moved to Lineage.

I am creating this thread as a place to discuss development of unofficial CM13 builds for the T31x devices. Those of you that have been around here for a while already know that I tend to get busy with other stuff and disappear a times. So, with that said, if you would like to contribute to the development of this rom, please feel free to do so. I can make you a contributor and you will have the ability to modify this OP as required.
    5ZlbRXW.pngg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Standard Disclaimer

#include <std/disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    * cause of male impotence.
    */

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

IRC Channel for Development Chat: I am usually on weekdays 7-4 EST
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=Tab3Dev

What Doesn't Work:
    - Bluetooth has audio issues
    - External SDCard will not work as "internal" storage

INSTALLATION

- Make sure you're running latest TWRP 3.0.2-0
    - Copy GApps and CM ZIPs to your internal or external SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Perform WIPE:
    • In TWRP, select Wipe --> Advanced Wipe.
    • Check Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Cache, and Data
    • Swipe to Wipe
    - Flash CM zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - Reboot

Updating to a newer version of THIS rom ("dirty" flash)
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM zip (no need to re-flash gapps or wipe anything)
    - Reboot

If you have any issues after doing a "dirty" flash, do a clean install before reporting any problems.

Downloads
    CyanogenMod
    Builds: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=44848

Google Apps
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org (use an ARM, 6.0 zip) - now on tap needs mini or higher.
    HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the gapps package when flashing your rom. If you boot your rom, then try to flash gapps later, you will have issues.

CHANGELOG
    For a list of CM changes, you can review the i9300 nightly changelog located HERE.
    The i9300 is a similar platform to ours, so most of what is listed there will be applicable for us, unless it is i9300 device specific.

SCREENSHOTS

Coming Soon

DEVICE SPECIFIC SOURCES
    - Kernel: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4x12
    - Common T31x device: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_device_samsung_lt01-common
    - SM-T311: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_device_samsung_lt013g
    - SM-T310: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_device_samsung_lt01wifi
    - SM-T315: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_device_samsung_lt01lte

CONTRIBUTORS
    - CyanogenMod Team, CyanogenMod and AOSP contributors.
    - @ketut.kumajaya, for his earlier work in the Tab 3 community.
    - @tohenk, for his CM-12.1 Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 builds/fixes.

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM13 for T31x, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Contributors
    gr8nole
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Firmware Required: KitKat Firmware
    Based On: CyanogenMod 13

Version Information

Created 2015-12-14
    Last Updated 2017-01-03
    Ok guys...good news! I finally got the full CM14 repo to sync yesterday and completed a build last night.

Have NOT had a chance to test it yet. If it boots, I'll let you guys know. Don't get your hopes up, it's still very early in the process.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    20160915 builds are up.
    Ok folks, I have working wifi on CM14 now. I will create a CM14 thread in a few days, as I will most likely not have time tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: Actually, I think I'm going to try and sync CM14.1 since it looks like they have already moved to it.
    Reserved

Tips:

• If you flash a gapps package and get a force close on the keyboard, boot into TWRP, mount system, then choose the file manager option and delete /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so Fixed

• You will need to give your browser permission to access storage before you can download anything with it. Go to Settings-Apps to adjust permissions.

• If you flash a Gapps package with Google Camera, the camera may not work. Many i9300 users are reporting that the new Google Camera needs an API that we do not have and therefore will not work.

• When connecting the tablet to a computer to transfer files, it will always initially be in "Charging" mode and you will need to select "File Transfer" mode by clicking on the notification on the tablet.

• Camera - If you get "can't connect to camera" message, download Mediaserver Killer app from store and use it.

• Netflix - If you get lines in your Netflix video, edit your data usage settings on the Netflix website to Low or Medium. I created a "mobile" profile and set the data usage to "low"; then selected that profile in the app and I no longer get the lines on the videos.

• Google Movies - If you get a "license error", you need to give the Google Movies app permission to access "phone"; then reboot.

I have noticed that the latest version of Google Movies does not work (at least on my T310). It always gives the "failed to fetch license" error when trying to play purchased movies. I found this same problem when I first starting using CM13, but it could be solved then by giving the app permission to access "phone" in the permission settings for that app (then reboot). But, the newest version of the Google Movies and TV app does not request these permissions, so the "fix" for the previous version does not work.

If you want to use Google Movies and TV app, you can install the previous version (3.10.10) and allow the required permissions (then reboot) to get it working again.

I will not post the apk because people have varying ideas about installing apps that are not installed directly from the app store, but you can find the previous app on APK Mirror website.