[ROM][CM13][UNOFFICIAL] CM13 kang VS980 + DT2W

Search This thread

mightysween

Feb 18, 2011
Maine/USA
Moto G Stylus
Pretty self-explanatory... changes to enable DT2W on other variants of the G2 broke it on our VS980s. So this is just a kang/build of CM13 with tap-to-wake changes reverted. (thanks to Drgravy and Lawlrus for finding me the correct information!).

PLEASE do not report bugs from this build to the CM team. This build is for testing purposes only for those like me who can't function in daily life without tapping on the screen twice to turn the phone on. :silly:

And please don't complain here if you screw up your device...it is all experimental at this point and recommended only for experienced flashers.

If there is enough interest, I will make a weekly build with the latest CM base until DT2W is fixed (speaking of which, I am delving into that now).

***FIXED IN CM OFFICIAL...this is no longer relevant***

Ergo, link removed :)

sources:
https://github.com/mightysween

Last edited:

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Not totally surprising, but battery seems slighyly worse with this enabled -- though I was previously running my own build from 11/19 so there's a bunch of stuff it could be.

Seems like a lot of people on 6.0 are having an issue with WiFi interval scan. Might help some with battery life.

toebee76

Nov 16, 2010
I can't seem to get double tap to wake to work. I tried enabling it in the settings. I tried rebooting and toggling it. Nothing seems to help. Is there anything specific that I need to do to enable it?

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
dirty flashing from 12-04 did not fix dt2w, enabled the gesture in settings/display and it did not respond. will be clean flashing to test this further.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

after a clean flash, double tap to wake still does not work.
i also noticed in the about phone section that the CM version was 13.0-20151203 which does not match the date marked in the zip file (zip file indicates 2015-12-05). was this a derp on your end?

toebee76

Nov 16, 2010
Ahh... the build software has the nasty habit of not renaming output files... name is the same but different time/MD5 think I uploaded the wrong one.

Oops!

Uploading the build directly from my vs980 so this is the right one.

Will update OP link in about 20 mins

Updated...sorry about that!

Its working now. Thank you for putting this together!

Reactions: mightysween

reklipz

Jun 7, 2014
I just flashed this (after TWRP factory wipe) (and the goods available with OpenGApps' "pico" bundle) and it has booted fine. The first thing I did was try to encrypt the phone, and it seems this feature is doing the same as the CM12 builds I was using: upon reboot, the "Encrypting" screen just keeps "spinning", 0% complete, green bar is ever scrolling. Does/did this work for others? Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pretty self-explanatory... changes to enable DT2W on other variants of the G2 broke it on our VS980s. So this is just a kang/build of CM13 with tap-to-wake changes reverted. (thanks to Drgravy and Lawlrus for finding me the correct information!).

PLEASE do not report bugs from this build to the CM team. This build is for testing purposes only for those like me who can't function in daily life without tapping on the screen twice to turn the phone on. :silly:

And please don't complain here if you screw up your device...it is all experimental at this point and recommended only for experienced flashers.

If there is enough interest, I will make a weekly build with the latest CM base until DT2W is fixed (speaking of which, I am delving into that now).

***FIXED IN CM OFFICIAL...this is no longer relevant***

Ergo, link removed :)

sources:
    https://github.com/mightysween
    Ahh... the build software has the nasty habit of not renaming output files... name is the same but different time/MD5 think I uploaded the wrong one.

Oops!

Uploading the build directly from my vs980 so this is the right one.

Will update OP link in about 20 mins

Updated...sorry about that!
    Not totally surprising, but battery seems slighyly worse with this enabled -- though I was previously running my own build from 11/19 so there's a bunch of stuff it could be.
    I wouldn't... but in *theory* it should be fine