[ROM][CM7.2][ODEXED] VOID ROM Ultimate edition- Reuploaded [10th June'14]

Is this rom one among the best roms for galaxy mini ?

• Yes

Votes: 58 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 15.9%

• Total voters

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
California
Hello, i've found out that Galaxy mini have same chipset as mine. I have GSmart g1345, its pretty rare phone and theres no updates for this device. Last one is GingerBread 2.3.4. I also got sources for it:
Code:
repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/quic/qrd-android/platform/manifest.git -b refs/tags/R7227TCNCJNLYA71542302
repo sync
How can i port your rom to my device?

Btw. There is a false information about my device in GSMarena. I use MSM7227-1 too
Its is better for you to search rather than I explaining all the things here, there are many threads that explains porting in detail

BlayDee

Dec 27, 2014
Its is better for you to search rather than I explaining all the things here, there are many threads that explains porting in detail
Yee, but my is not cyanogenmod, and all those guides are for same distribution. Tried to port already and my touch screen didn\t work

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
California
hi guys

galaxy mini is out the game now but just want to say that my 4.5 years old, first android phone is still running like a beast with void rom ( brother is using it still ). I shifted to MotoG 1st gen and then to One plus one :cool:

edit: felt nostalgic when I went through mini's forum !

Last edited:
Reactions: pepa 77 and Syaani

Gonnelli1355

Jul 5, 2012
Florence - Tuscany
Hello to everyone on this old forum.
I think this ROM to be the best one for our Galaxy Mini.
I found just one (great) problem! I can not use S2E with this ROM (just this one). I'm thinking this to be caused by the native Link2SD. It mounts the external EXT4 partition as "extsd2" instead of "sd-ext". Then the partition can't be recognized by S2E.
Is there a way to solve this problem?

Inviato dal mio ONE A2001 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Barojax

pepa 77

Dec 2, 2014
Česká Lípa
Hello to everyone on this old forum.
I think this ROM to be the best one for our Galaxy Mini.
I found just one (great) problem! I can not use S2E with this ROM (just this one). I'm thinking this to be caused by the native Link2SD. It mounts the external EXT4 partition as "extsd2" instead of "sd-ext". Then the partition can't be recognized by S2E.
Is there a way to solve this problem?

Inviato dal mio ONE A2001 utilizzando Tapatalk
Hi,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=50920228&postcount=4

Gonnelli1355

Jul 5, 2012
Florence - Tuscany

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
California
This is not an answer. I already read the FAQ, and as we can read there, S2E doesn't work on this ROM. Now we have to figure out why this is happening!

The ext4 partition on SD is mounted the wrong way and isn't recognized by S2E.
The question is: someone knows a workaround to change the mount-point?
you are right. I suspect it is because, in the base rom I used (NukaRom) the dev made a builtin init.d script which acts like int2ext or app2sd scripts. So I removed that script so that the user can decide which one to use. So because these changes there is some kind of mounting issue with s2e. I did an initial inspection sometime ago, and I couldn't figure out why. I don't have device to test also. I will give a try once more, but it will take me some weeks to get a device to test.

I can't download it,can u please post other link
The link is working perfectly. Try again

Does anyone know how to turn on/off airplane mode in this rom?
Press and hold power button, you will get the option to turn on and off airplane mode. There is also notification power widget button available for airplane mode.

otosayam

Oct 11, 2012
NB:
  • Incomplete and discontinuous downloads lead to unusual behavior of the ROM.
  • Make sure that your downloads are in a single stretch and without pause-resume. Check the MD5 sum of your downloaded zip file and verify whether it is same as that of the MD5 sum displayed along with the download link. If they are not, then your download is corrupted or altered from the one I uploaded. Please re-download and verify before flashing the rom.
  • If you have any doubt or complaint read the FAQ first
1)Void Rom Ultimate Version Download Link
MD5 Sum: 37688555c608666fb58e8bc81a1891e8

2)Indian Fontshttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55152971&postcount=159
Could you please reupload the download link? Thanks

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
California
Reuploaded, enjoy ;)

Could you please reupload the download link? Thanks
Download link is not working...
Download link not working anyone if have this file pls upload it
1)Void Rom Ultimate Version Download Link
MD5 Sum: 37688555c608666fb58e8bc81a1891e8

2)Void Rom Ultimate Version (English only- Lighter) Download Link
If you do not want any language other than English, then download the English only version which is lighter because the language resources for other languages were stripped off from all the system apks
MD5 Sum: 8f8dc8b7dc673a13ab492b3cf921973a

Faisal Jabbar

Mar 3, 2015
Khanewal
Thanks Very Much Dear! Can i flash it using any CWM Recovery or CWM 5.2.0.8 is a must have to?
Files are old and uploaded as i visit different links they give me error. So i cant find this one CWM 5.2.0.8! :(

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
California
Thanks Very Much Dear! Can i flash it using any CWM Recovery or CWM 5.2.0.8 is a must have to?
Files are old and uploaded as i visit different links they give me error. So i cant find this one CWM 5.2.0.8! :(
if i remember correctly you don't necessarily need 5.2.0.8, the previous non touch version would work. But don't worry I reuploaded the recovery as well : CWM 5.2.0.8 Download. Flash this zip file from the previous recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: pintspin

pintspin

Aug 9, 2009
if i remember correctly you don't necessarily need 5.2.0.8, the previous non touch version would work. But don't worry I reuploaded the recovery as well : CWM 5.2.0.8 Download. Flash this zip file from the previous recovery
thanks jayoomjay , is there any chance for android 5 or 6 for galaxy mini , its a great little device ... amazed me back then 4 yeras back .

and by any means can you tell for galaxy j1 ace as well ? these both devices are great to run as daily drivers .... lag free. and very low cost...

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
California
thanks jayoomjay , is there any chance for android 5 or 6 for galaxy mini , its a great little device ... amazed me back then 4 yeras back .

and by any means can you tell for galaxy j1 ace as well ? these both devices are great to run as daily drivers .... lag free. and very low cost...
I don't think that is possible. Even if that was possible mini's hardware is not enough to support 5 or 6

pintspin

Aug 9, 2009
I don't think that is possible. Even if that was possible mini's hardware is not enough to support 5 or 6
thanks , for the info , i understand the hardware restrictions , but in case if still some one wanna see if its possible so what should i be looking for , asop for android 5 or 6 , ? ( suppose for any other device ? )

actually i wanna understand that if i have phone which is not supported by google latest versions NO OTA or upgrade , so what could be option be if i wana start my own rom custom one what is must have for starting rom for any device ( latest android )