[ROM][CM7.2][ODEXED] VOID ROM Ultimate edition- Reuploaded [10th June'14]

Is this rom one among the best roms for galaxy mini ?

• Yes

Votes: 58 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 15.9%

• Total voters

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
California
thanks , for the info , i understand the hardware restrictions , but in case if still some one wanna see if its possible so what should i be looking for , asop for android 5 or 6 , ? ( suppose for any other device ? )

actually i wanna understand that if i have phone which is not supported by google latest versions NO OTA or upgrade , so what could be option be if i wana start my own rom custom one what is must have for starting rom for any device ( latest android )
In addition to the Android source, you will need the kernel source for your device, and some vendor specific (mostly not open source) files and libraries. If these are not provided by the vendor it will be next to impossible to build. Finally you need to make all these things build and run properly.

Reactions: pintspin

pintspin

Aug 9, 2009
In addition to the Android source, you will need the kernel source for your device, and some vendor specific (mostly not open source) files and libraries. If these are not provided by the vendor it will be next to impossible to build. Finally you need to make all these things build and run properly.

thanks a lot , can porting rom from similar devices specs ( hardware wise ) could be an option ? because there are quite a few devices with similar specs ( running android 5 ) e.g. galaxy j1 ace is running 5.1.1 what whould be the difficulties to port its asop rom ?

i have seen alcatel pop c9 which was 4.4.2 but running android 6.0.1 some how ( i have run on my device as well) and i want to try same for galaxy mini as well if some how possible ?

rgds

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
California
thanks a lot , can porting rom from similar devices specs ( hardware wise ) could be an option ? because there are quite a few devices with similar specs ( running android 5 ) e.g. galaxy j1 ace is running 5.1.1 what whould be the difficulties to port its asop rom ?

i have seen alcatel pop c9 which was 4.4.2 but running android 6.0.1 some how ( i have run on my device as well) and i want to try same for galaxy mini as well if some how possible ?

rgds
If i recollect correctly, to port ROMS from other devices, you need a base rom to start with, meaning someone has to build a 6.0.1 for your device in the first place. To build from source you might be able to use vendor files from similar model from the same manufacturer, but i guess you need the kernel source for your exact model.

Reactions: sushil888

eagle0o0

Oct 29, 2017
Hi , sorry my English not that good < hopefully you understand me :rolleyes:
is it work on GT-S5570I ?
because i tried but failed to install CWM and the Rom :(

if not suitable, i need your help as an expert, Could you please post the link of the best Rom for GT-S5570I?

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
California
Hi , sorry my English not that good < hopefully you understand me :rolleyes:
is it work on GT-S5570I ?
because i tried but failed to install CWM and the Rom :(

if not suitable, i need your help as an expert, Could you please post the link of the best Rom for GT-S5570I?
You can't use this ROM on GT-S5570I. I have no idea about the best Rom for GT-S5570I, the place to look for that would be the GT-S5570I development section

Reactions: dusyum and eagle0o0

desisamay

Dec 7, 2009
I know this is an old thread but I hope someone can help me.
I want to use my mini for a certain purpose and this rom is perfectly smooth for this but I need it to boot whenever connected to power. I searched and found modifiying /system/bin/lpc or playlpc files but couldn't find one, tried other similar files with no luck. I tried to "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0" but adb couldn't get a respond from the phone. Does anybody have a solution to achieve this? Thanks in advance.