[ROM]CM7-GX4(EX+4G) | Updated 2-7-11 | New G's!!!!

Search This thread

Biofall

Mar 17, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
CM7-GX4(EX+4G) has arrived...
:eek: CM7-GX4(EX+4G) || CM7-EX.l33t_edition ||
:CM7-EXv10:
:eek:
GX4 = newest version
^_^

by MagnusRagnarok
http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2254999http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2254999

New Build:

CM7-GX4(EX+4G)

This package contains:
-4g
-3 keyboards
-1 stock themed kb
-full theme
(by sunny sekshon)
-new adw themes
-ubuntu font
-new lwp
-anims pack
-magnusmods
-cm7 theme manager

INSTRUCTIONS:

COMING FROM v10 or l33t:

-FLASH ROM. Reboot.
-FLASH BATT MOD. Reboot.
-BOOT RECOVERY/wipe dalvic.
-FLASH WIMAX KERNEL
-REBOOT

or

COMING FROM SOMETHING ELSE AFTER A WIPE:
-FLASH ROM. Reboot.
-FLASH GAPPS. Reboot.
-FLASH BATT MOD. Reboot.
-FLASH WIMAX KERNEL
-REBOOT

DOWNLOAD CM7-GX4
DOWNLOAD CM7-GX4 wimax kernel (A MUST)
DOWNLOAD CM7-GX4.BATTMOD
CAP2011020711101.jpg

Slightly Old Current Builds:
CM7-Ex.l33t
Cool l33t Battery Mod

This is an AOSP ROM based off of CyanogenMod CM7. This means that it does not, and never will have, HTC Sense. Or any other HTC Sense applications, including, but not limited to, HTC sync, diag mode via the dialer, and all that stuff that involves being branded by The Ma.. I mean HTC

Some new features:
-updated build info
-new battery mod
-keyboards
-completely themed
-quicker than v10
-packed with apps for the appaholic
....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=........=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=........=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS for CM7EX_l33t:

Are you coming from CM7EXv10?
-if yes:
.........FLASH l33t ROM,reboot
.........FLASH BATTERY MOD,reboot. Easy-peasy.

if no:
........Nandroid your current setup, and backup your apps with appbrain or titanium
........Flash the 's_FORMAT_ALL.zip (attached), wipe data, cache, and dalvik-cache
........Flash rom (CM7EXv10)/reboot. Then boot into recovery
........Flash gapps/reboot. Then boot into recovery and do the "if yes".

*****Many of you have been having issues with the notification bar not appearing on the new ROM. I have found a viable issue for it.

If you haven't yet flashed the l33t version and are currently on v10, then it's easier for you. Install the attached adw ex launcher (if you don't have it already, google it/market buy it) and make sure notification bar is showing in the settings. Then follow the directions to install the l33t ROM.

If you are on l33t and don't have them, hopefully you have a nandroid for v10. If you do, restore backup and follow the instructions in the paragraph above. If not, wipe everything, flash v10, install adw ex, then do paragraph above's solution.*****

NOTE: If you NEED help with the ROM, just wanna talk about the ROM, or want to contribute to the ROM, go here, or join the chatroom. You can get to the chatroom by using a client like Xchat, Mirc, ect. If you dont have a client and want to use mibbit here is the link.

Server name -irc.demonirc.net #cm7ex

(The below is taken from the CM GB w/ Wimax thread, by Shinzul, because he got it perfect :) )
CREDIT:
-First of all, credit to team douche for the amazing ROM!
-JesusFreke, without your work this wouldn't be possible!!!! MANY THANKS
-MadCoder and Cyanogen for the initial Wimax commits
-toastcfh, you're the man - TEAMWIN 4 LIFE

And our army of AMAZING and patient testbots (in no particular order):
-onicrom
-SHlFT
-eyeballer
-vividboarder
-spiicytuna
-AssassinsLament
-xak944
-myndwire
-OtisFeelGood (mostly :p)
-kpoz
-Dees_Troy
-dkelle4
-joeykrim
(if I missed a tester, I apologize!)

59222723.png
beeslwp.png
calllog.png
drawer.png
hcclock.png
homeiz.png
mediasw.png
phoneu.png
swirlhome.png
themeengine.png
widgetlocker.png
devicewj.png
hclwplock.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Older/Not brand new builds moved to post 3!!

Attachments

• 's_FORMAT_ALL.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 3,831
Last edited:

Biofall

Mar 17, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Less New/Previous (not inferior) Builds:
CM7-EXv10

Battery MOD - Cool Speedometer Look
[/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Note that when you download the ROM, you have to change the name from "CM7-EX.v10.zip-signed" to "CM7-EX.v10.zip" In other words, remove the "-signed" from the end.**

Download Google Apps (GAPPS) HERE
[/FONT][/COLOR]
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU FLASH GAPPS over everything else you WILL lose part of the theme!!!!!! if you DONT want to lose part of the theme flash in THIS order...
rom
gapps
rom
battery mod
If coming from a non-AOSP ROM, this is what I suggest doing:

1.) Nandroid your current setup, and backup your apps with appbrain or titanium
2.) Flash the 's_FORMAT_ALL.zip (attached), wipe data, cache, and dalvik-cache
3.) Flash rom/reboot. Then boot into recovery
4.) Flash mod/reboot. Then boot into recovery
5.) Flash gapps/reboot. Then boot into recovery
6.) Thank cm for source and lithid

Go HERE! for help!

THERE ARE MANY NEW PACKAGES AVAILABLE, such as: Themed Swype ( TWITTER AND CHATROOM USERS) and NON themed Swype for the XDA users.

Thanks to CM, Lithid thread, and many sleepless nights, I bring you CM7X (in many flavors), and not-so-nightly builds (found below)
Sooo do we need another GB? Prolly not. Did I? Of course. Is this just another GB ROM? Umm. NO ;D

Reasons why this build is different:​

(cm7 sos builds aka nightlies aka magnus-not-so-nightlies
are unmodified source builds located below in the rom dl section)

-screen off animation-
-manup font-
-m@xlol transition pack-
(awesome)
-white lock tabs -
-white rotary bar-
-themed stock gb keyboard-
-multiple theme options-
-gb super 100 battery mod-
(optional)
-cam and vid work-
(case you wondered)
-wifi works excellent-
-gps actually works for the first time i can remember-
-updates will be made according to cmsrc AND my ideas-
-more themes in the works-
-what else do you need? its just a phone-

New Video Demo!!

lockvp.png
deviceu.png
musicda.png
lockz.png
fold.png
devicec.png

Here is a video made by a fan of this ROM in action.

CM7-EX.v10 changelog
-----------------------

-Gps WORKS :D
-New super c battery with color fill gradient
-Theme engine
-Much faster speeds from Animation to animation screen
-THEMED swype for twitter guys, and the chatroom guys ( sorry XDA ) :mad:
-New Lwp
-Newest cmsrc commits
-And then of course, a bunch of other nice little touch up's that you will just have to see when you Boot it up :)) :cool:

....And thanks amander for the Server for the downloads :)
....and thank LEUKAY for his work!

Hehe forgot to reserve post two...

So POST 3!!!

Add-ons, Mods, Themes, etc:
More coming soon, as old mods need to be updated!

Themes for Stock Swype HERE

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Like the screen off animation but not the others? Check this out!

FIXED HCmusic.apk

FIXED HCmusic.update.zip

Last edited:

djnarcotics

Dec 20, 2010
is this flashed the same as the one a before and i also assume the gaps are already compiled into the rom correct?

djnarcotics

Dec 20, 2010

another quick ? will the files be changed since we are essentially renaming the zip (ex.BATTERY_GB.v10.zip-signed) and it gets changed to BATTERY_GB.v10-signed.zip as that i am aware i would not be able to flash with out it being a .zip file ?

Edit: NVM You Beat me to it :p

spork27

Sep 30, 2008
If I'm coming from v9 do I need to wipe anything? I'm currently get nonstop com.android.phone force closes. Any ideas?

stuge123

Mar 31, 2008
i would say to do the full wipe. Can neone help me with changing the speed of the LED flash for SMS messages? Handcent has this feature built in but it doesnt work on this ROM for some reason. Ne ideas?

Spacegoogie

Nov 11, 2010
Seattle
GPS not working (UPDATE: GPS works)

Gps still doesnt work when you are moving with v10

Yah, no go for me with GPS as well. The funny thing is, when I first installed Ex10 gps worked! I was so happy. Played with it all night. Then latter in the day (today) after I got things all setup gps stopped working..... I flashed like 5 times trying to get it to work again, no dice.

UPDATE: My GPS now works because of this:

You will need:
1. A 'sense' ROM currently running on your phone (I had Fresh 3.5.1)
2. MSL reader installed (get it from the market)
2. Have CM7 (build 17 worked for me) and the latest gapps (I used the ones from 2011-01-15) downloaded to your SD card

Steps:
1. Open MSL reader and get your MSL (jot it down)
2. Launch phone dialer and dial ##GPSCLRX#
3. It will ask you for your MSL, enter it.
4. Upon hitting OK, your phone will just say reboot in 10 secs, let it reboot.

Phew!
5. After it has rebooted, boot to recovery (i used clockworkmod 2.6.0.1)
6. Nandroid backup (if you are so inclined)
7. Wipe cache, Dalvik and then wipe data/factory reset
4. Flash CM7 b17 from your sd-card
9. Flash gapps
10. Reboot and walk through set-up. Your gapps will be downloaded from the market. Wait for all the downloads to complete.
11. Use GPS as normal and enjoy the GPS goodness!

Please note I did not write this, I'm just helpN to spread the goods! :)

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Last edited:

Stunna4life888

May 29, 2010
Waynesville, NC
Him hit a boot loop I guess. Flashed rom, reboot, loads then reboot into recovery, flash mod (VVM, HTC music) and now cyanogen (mod) keeps glashing on my screen. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Biofall

Mar 17, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Sorry guys. The all in one zip at the bottom of post three isn't compatible, just found out.. :( sorry for any trouble this caused you guys. Ragnarok is working on it.

To fix the bootloops, do a battery pull or hold volume up + volume down + power until reboot, then boot into bootloader by holding down volume down. Navigate to recovery and re-flash the ROM.

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
Sorry guys. The all in one zip at the bottom of post three isn't compatible, just found out.. :( sorry for any trouble this caused you guys. Ragnarok is working on it.

To fix the bootloops, do a battery pull or hold volume up + volume down + power until reboot, then boot into bootloader by holding down volume down. Navigate to recovery and re-flash the ROM.

Yea the battery mod keeps kicking out an error at UOT as well. I tried to lad it earler and kept getting bootloops as well. OH well will wait for a fix

badassdes

Jul 25, 2010
Florida
After flashing this ROM, I flashed the Gapps. Rebooted and now I'm stock where it says "touch the android to begin". I did it and nothing happens...

Last edited:

spork27

Sep 30, 2008
Well wiping fixed my problem with com.android.phone crashing. Everything is running well except Pocket Legends still doesn't work.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM7-GX4(EX+4G) has arrived...
    :eek: CM7-GX4(EX+4G) || CM7-EX.l33t_edition ||
    :CM7-EXv10:
    :eek:
    GX4 = newest version
    ^_^

by MagnusRagnarok
    http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2254999http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2254999

New Build:

CM7-GX4(EX+4G)

This package contains:
    -4g
    -3 keyboards
    -1 stock themed kb
    -full theme
    (by sunny sekshon)
    -new adw themes
    -ubuntu font
    -new lwp
    -anims pack
    -magnusmods
    -cm7 theme manager

INSTRUCTIONS:

COMING FROM v10 or l33t:

-FLASH ROM. Reboot.
    -FLASH BATT MOD. Reboot.
    -FLASH WIMAX KERNEL
    -REBOOT

or

COMING FROM SOMETHING ELSE AFTER A WIPE:
    -FLASH ROM. Reboot.
    -FLASH GAPPS. Reboot.
    -FLASH BATT MOD. Reboot.
    -FLASH WIMAX KERNEL
    -REBOOT

DOWNLOAD CM7-GX4
    DOWNLOAD CM7-GX4 wimax kernel (A MUST)
    DOWNLOAD CM7-GX4.BATTMOD
    CAP2011020711101.jpg

Slightly Old Current Builds:
    CM7-Ex.l33t
    Cool l33t Battery Mod

This is an AOSP ROM based off of CyanogenMod CM7. This means that it does not, and never will have, HTC Sense. Or any other HTC Sense applications, including, but not limited to, HTC sync, diag mode via the dialer, and all that stuff that involves being branded by The Ma.. I mean HTC

Some new features:
    -updated build info
    -new battery mod
    -keyboards
    -completely themed
    -quicker than v10
    -packed with apps for the appaholic
    ....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=........=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=........=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=....=

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS for CM7EX_l33t:

Are you coming from CM7EXv10?
    -if yes:
    .........FLASH l33t ROM,reboot
    .........FLASH BATTERY MOD,reboot. Easy-peasy.

if no:
    ........Nandroid your current setup, and backup your apps with appbrain or titanium
    ........Flash the 's_FORMAT_ALL.zip (attached), wipe data, cache, and dalvik-cache
    ........Flash rom (CM7EXv10)/reboot. Then boot into recovery
    ........Flash gapps/reboot. Then boot into recovery and do the "if yes".

*****Many of you have been having issues with the notification bar not appearing on the new ROM. I have found a viable issue for it.

If you haven't yet flashed the l33t version and are currently on v10, then it's easier for you. Install the attached adw ex launcher (if you don't have it already, google it/market buy it) and make sure notification bar is showing in the settings. Then follow the directions to install the l33t ROM.

If you are on l33t and don't have them, hopefully you have a nandroid for v10. If you do, restore backup and follow the instructions in the paragraph above. If not, wipe everything, flash v10, install adw ex, then do paragraph above's solution.*****

NOTE: If you NEED help with the ROM, just wanna talk about the ROM, or want to contribute to the ROM, go here, or join the chatroom. You can get to the chatroom by using a client like Xchat, Mirc, ect. If you dont have a client and want to use mibbit here is the link.

Server name -irc.demonirc.net #cm7ex

(The below is taken from the CM GB w/ Wimax thread, by Shinzul, because he got it perfect :) )
    CREDIT:
    -First of all, credit to team douche for the amazing ROM!
    -JesusFreke, without your work this wouldn't be possible!!!! MANY THANKS
    -MadCoder and Cyanogen for the initial Wimax commits
    -toastcfh, you're the man - TEAMWIN 4 LIFE

And our army of AMAZING and patient testbots (in no particular order):
    -onicrom
    -SHlFT
    -eyeballer
    -vividboarder
    -spiicytuna
    -AssassinsLament
    -xak944
    -myndwire
    -OtisFeelGood (mostly :p)
    -kpoz
    -Dees_Troy
    -dkelle4
    -joeykrim
    (if I missed a tester, I apologize!)

59222723.png
    beeslwp.png
    calllog.png
    drawer.png
    hcclock.png
    homeiz.png
    mediasw.png
    phoneu.png
    swirlhome.png
    themeengine.png
    widgetlocker.png
    devicewj.png
    hclwplock.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Older/Not brand new builds moved to post 3!!
    Less New/Previous (not inferior) Builds:
    CM7-EXv10

Battery MOD - Cool Speedometer Look
    [/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Note that when you download the ROM, you have to change the name from "CM7-EX.v10.zip-signed" to "CM7-EX.v10.zip" In other words, remove the "-signed" from the end.**

Download Google Apps (GAPPS) HERE
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU FLASH GAPPS over everything else you WILL lose part of the theme!!!!!! if you DONT want to lose part of the theme flash in THIS order...
    rom
    gapps
    rom
    battery mod
    If coming from a non-AOSP ROM, this is what I suggest doing:

1.) Nandroid your current setup, and backup your apps with appbrain or titanium
    2.) Flash the 's_FORMAT_ALL.zip (attached), wipe data, cache, and dalvik-cache
    3.) Flash rom/reboot. Then boot into recovery
    4.) Flash mod/reboot. Then boot into recovery
    5.) Flash gapps/reboot. Then boot into recovery
    6.) Thank cm for source and lithid

Go HERE! for help!

THERE ARE MANY NEW PACKAGES AVAILABLE, such as: Themed Swype ( TWITTER AND CHATROOM USERS) and NON themed Swype for the XDA users.

Thanks to CM, Lithid thread, and many sleepless nights, I bring you CM7X (in many flavors), and not-so-nightly builds (found below)
    Sooo do we need another GB? Prolly not. Did I? Of course. Is this just another GB ROM? Umm. NO ;D

Reasons why this build is different:​

(cm7 sos builds aka nightlies aka magnus-not-so-nightlies
    are unmodified source builds located below in the rom dl section)

-screen off animation-
    -manup font-
    -m@xlol transition pack-
    (awesome)
    -white lock tabs -
    -white rotary bar-
    -themed stock gb keyboard-
    -multiple theme options-
    -gb super 100 battery mod-
    (optional)
    -cam and vid work-
    (case you wondered)
    -wifi works excellent-
    -gps actually works for the first time i can remember-
    -updates will be made according to cmsrc AND my ideas-
    -more themes in the works-
    -what else do you need? its just a phone-

New Video Demo!!

lockvp.png
    deviceu.png
    musicda.png
    lockz.png
    fold.png
    devicec.png

Here is a video made by a fan of this ROM in action.

CM7-EX.v10 changelog
    -----------------------

-Gps WORKS :D
    -New super c battery with color fill gradient
    -Theme engine
    -Much faster speeds from Animation to animation screen
    -THEMED swype for twitter guys, and the chatroom guys ( sorry XDA ) :mad:
    -New Lwp
    -Newest cmsrc commits
    -And then of course, a bunch of other nice little touch up's that you will just have to see when you Boot it up :)) :cool:

....And thanks amander for the Server for the downloads :)
    ....and thank LEUKAY for his work!

Hehe forgot to reserve post two...

So POST 3!!!

Add-ons, Mods, Themes, etc:
    More coming soon, as old mods need to be updated!

Themes for Stock Swype HERE

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Like the screen off animation but not the others? Check this out!

FIXED HCmusic.apk

FIXED HCmusic.update.zip
    thanks.

Thanks for getting the post up.
    Ok guys, for those that are having GPS issues try this. It worked for me!
    After all the stuff I tried and nothing else worked this did:

You will need:
    1. A 'sense' ROM currently running on your phone (I had Fresh 3.5.1)
    2. MSL reader installed (get it from the market)
    2. Have CM7 (EX9,EX10 etc.) and the latest gapps (I used the ones from 2011-01-15) downloaded to your SD card

Steps:
    1. Open MSL reader and get your MSL (jot it down)
    2. Launch phone dialer and dial ##GPSCLRX#
    3. It will ask you for your MSL, enter it.
    4. Upon hitting OK, your phone will just say reboot in 10 secs, let it reboot.

Phew!
    5. After it has rebooted, boot to recovery (i used clockworkmod 2.6.0.1)
    6. Nandroid backup (if you are so inclined)
    7. Wipe cache, Dalvik and then wipe data/factory reset
    4. Flash CM7 from your sd-card
    9. Flash gapps
    10. Reboot and walk through set-up. Your gapps will be downloaded from the market. Wait for all the downloads to complete.
    11. Use GPS as normal and enjoy the GPS goodness

Hope this helps, Please let us know if this worked for you. :D
    Note: I did not write this. Just helping to spread the good stuff.

This worked for me! I did a nandroid restore back to myn's rls5 and did ##GPSCLRX# in the dialer. I let the phone reboot and tested the gps. Once I verified it worked, I then booted into recovery and wiped data, cache, dalvik as recommended. Next I restored a nandroid backup of CM7-EX10 and GPS worked including navigation. I tested it this morning on the way to work. Just thought I'd let some of you know that this fix does work.
    You should definitely put this into a flashable zip for everyone. I love the animation when you turn the screen off, but I dont like the other transitions that are in the menus lol.

I apologize but this is not signed. It works for me and hopefully for you. The only thing changed is the anim folder of your framework-res.apk file

Download and flash thru recovery..

View attachment screen_off_animation_only_GB.v10.zip