[ROM][CM9] Aoikaze Alpha 3 [7-8-12] Discontinued

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Well, now I can't get it to reboot (due to fault), maybe it was just a Permissions issue that was fixed. I'll keep watching it and if it starts, I'll run the logcat and try to isolate it.

Thanks again.

I'm thinking it was more an app issue or a script causing it. Permissions could cause it but its pretty rare unless something in system got its permissions messed up somehow.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

DJ_SpaRky

Oct 22, 2011
Groveland, FL
Well, some updates ran and now getting random reboots, what info do you need before I wipe and reflash?

Well this is happening again, but only when CPUSleeper service is running. I tried running logcat, but that seems to stop the service from working. Works fine without it and I usually take my charger with me.

Any news on CM9 Alpha 5 update for "Blue Wind"??

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Well this is happening again, but only when CPUSleeper service is running. I tried running logcat, but that seems to stop the service from working. Works fine without it and I usually take my charger with me.

Any news on CM9 Alpha 5 update for "Blue Wind"??

I was thinking about maybe doing a weekly release along with my CM9 Nightly builds. Would anyone be interested in that? Maybe like every friday?

Also, I'm not aware of an Alpha 5 update for CM9, but there is a Beta 1, which I'm pretty sure is what Aoikaze is based on already, when it was an alpha, at least the build dates are the same.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Great, thanks. Can I request to use Chainfire's SuperSU instead for Super user?

Sent from my Acer Iconia Tab A100 using xda app-developers app

I had been considering that already as I prefer it over super user anyways. Its just the cm9 base already has it so I didn't worry about it to much.

Tapatalked from my A100 - CM10 Build 3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, here's what I've been tinkering with for the last week or so, its a lightly modded CM9 base ROM. It's original intention was to be a ready to rock flash for my device, with all my apps and tweaks and whatnot already in place, so I could flash and go without having to setup all my stuff again.

This is based on that idea, minus most of the apps and whatnot.

I present Aoikaze Alpha 3!
    Still a work in progress, but I felt a broader test base might be needed to find any oddities my tweaks may have caused.

Current ROM base:
    Alpha 4 released 7-8-12

Updates:
    Forgot to mention, this does have working rotation lock!
    7-9-12: As per notsointeresting's suggestion, and a few complaints of dev-host's reliability lately, I setup androidfilehost to hold my stuff, I'll be slowly migrating everything over, then using dev-host as a mirror.

What is this based on?
    This release is based on CM9 Alpha 4, I chose to rebase on this version as it should contain almost, if not all, fixes ghman, waydownsouth and the rest of those awesome devs have completed. I have not changed any of the source in favor of stability and reliability.

What does this come with?
    Various build.prop tweaks, some apps such as:
    Titanium Backup
    Es File Manager
    Epic Blue CM9 theme (thanks stetson!)
    Apex launcher
    All apps are the free versions, no warez here!
    All extra apps are in /data/app so you can remove uninstall them without TiBu or anything else.
    Init.d scripts for cleaning up the DB, permissions and cleaning the cache. They are named for what they do and sit in /system/etc/init.d for anyone who wishes to remove them.
    Build.prop changes are marked for anyone wishing to remove or change them.
    Did not include changes for it to be seen as an A500, it's still marked A100.

What does this NOT come with?
    No paid for apps!
    Does not include scripts that require script manager or any other app to run, which included the crossix mount swap and CPU Sleeper, both can not be run with init.d. Next release I may include them in /system/bin and include script manager for running them.
    No extra bloat, no added sounds, wallpapers or anything else, just as it comes from CM.
    Gapps not included as per CM's policy.

What else is planned for this ROM?
    Currently working on a new method of calling script during sysinit that modifies the ram disk with more options for when a script will be run, right now it just runs everything at once, and can clash with anything else going on at the same time. I've tested this a few times and it still doesn't work properly, so if I get it working, this is will likely be alpha 4. It also means any init.d script can be set for anytime from early boot (literally as soon as the kernel takes over) to GUI showing up, to running before shutdown. It will allow an almost infinite ability to time when and how a script can/will be run without the need for changing the ramdisk (in the boot.img) anymore.

After that, I'm looking at theming the ROM, anyone who wants to help or even do it, please feel free to offer, I have no idea how to do this yet.

Instructions
    PLEASE read this!

Coming from another ROM:
    Boot into recovery
    Full backup!
    Wipe everything!
    System
    Cache
    Dalvik
    Data
    You can leave SD cards alone.
    Flash Aoikaze ROM
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot
    Once the welcome screen comes up, leave it sit for 10 minutes.
    Reboot
    Let sit for 5 minutes at the welcome screen
    Complete the welcome screen and begin setting up your device and restoring apps
    Reboot once you finish setting up
    Enjoy!

Coming from a CM9 ROM:
    You can do an advanced restore of data, not delete data at all, or do a fresh install outlined above. I strongly suggest you use the full wipe method above.
    Install without data wipe
    Reboot into recovery
    Full backup!
    Wipe system
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik
    Flash ROM
    Flash gapps
    Reboot
    Reboot
    Enjoy!
    Install with advanced restore
    This is only for coming from another CM9 ROM, don't do this from any other ROM!
    Reboot into recovery
    Full backup!
    Wipe system
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik
    Wipe Cache
    Flash Aoikaze ROM
    Flash Gapps
    Go to restore
    (CWM)
    Select advanced restore, choose ONLY data!
    (TWRP)
    In restore, uncheck everything EXCEPT data!
    BOTH
    Do the restore
    Reboot
    Reboot
    Enjoy!
    Downloads

Optional:

Blackhole Wipe and Nullifier
    Please read the OPs.

ezterry's Kernel
    Again, please read all of his information. Kernel is not supported on CM9, so while it may work, it may have issues. I've not done extensive testing with his kernel on Aoikaze.

Required:

Gapps
    Required for Play Store and misc framework (like gmail sync etc.)

ROM:
    Aoikaze Alpha 3
    I hope you read all that crap in the previous 2 posts before asking questions or reporting bugs :p
    Bugs:
    Dunno, please, as always, report anything odd and I'll note it here!

Thanks!
    cdkg: Thanks for testing my early alpha.
    gh123man, waydownsouth: For getting CM9 officially supported with CM9! Also, for answering my random questions and off the wall ideas in IRC.
    randomblame: For also going along with my odd random thought processes in IRC.
    da-pharoah: As always, for cheering me on and letting me bounce ideas off him on gtalk.
    x0hell0x: His hellfire series inspired my wanting to try building a ROM for myself (and of course you guys).
    I tried this, but unless I did something wrong, I didn't see any of the things that it said it came with. I wiped everything, and flashed then flashed gapps. Still nothing.

The only things you'll see is the apps. The scripts run at boot so you won't see anything from them. Or did you mean the apps don't show up?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey there. I see you're using Dev-host. Tried downloading had issues (not only this ROM) . personally I'd like to recommend androidfilehost.com , its always maintained, never seems to slow down and with an account you get unlimited storage/bandwidth, etc.
    I use it as my main file host for Android now.
    I'll continue trying to download from here though. Just very slow,and keeps stopping.
    I'm excited to see your modifications from cm9 anyhow
    Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2