[ROM][CM9/CM10] SpazeDog (2012-08-05)

Search This thread

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
SpazeDogPreviewNexus.gif

Having Issues?

1. Have you tried turning it off and on again?
  2. Have you tested this after a full wipe before restoring any old backups?
  3. Have you checked the MD5 sum of the downloaded package file to make sure that it is ok?
Many issues is coursed by an defective keyboard controller. Please eliminate this possibility before posting questions. Also make sure to grab and attach useful logs as no one can help just based on a short title like "my phone does not boot". Most people will not even respond to such a post.

Not working

• Video Recording (JB, ICS)
  • Camera (JB, Partially works, but might produce soft reboot)
  • USB Tethering (JB)
  • Video Hardware Decoding (JB, ICS)
  • TreBuchet Launcher (JB)

Attention

• Do NOT setup your sdcard (Fat32) partition using CWM Recovery. This will produce a lot of different problems along the way do to a bug in the recovery. Use 4EXT Recovery instead
  • The sd-ext partition should be no more than max 1.5GB in size. More than this can produce issues
  • If Disk Manager (UI) writes warning or error, attend to the log file <Internal data>/diskManager.log. There will be an UI log viewer in one of the fallowing releases.

Partition Sizes

• Jelly Bean: Needs 200mb or more on /system
  • Ice Cream Sandwich: Needs 180mb or more on /system

Additional Settings

• Disk Manager: Settings -> Performance -> Disk Manager
  • CPU Sleep State: Settings -> Performance -> Processor
  • Task list by search: Settings -> System -> Search as Recent Apps
  • Lock Screen Rotation: Settings -> Rotation -> Auto-rotate lock screen
  • Trackball wake: Settings -> Display -> Trackball wake
  • Software Keys: Settings -> Display -> Software Navigation Bar

Credits

• cayniarb, Rapmv78, rmcc, shaky156 & texasice and more for the work that they have done on the qsd8k device.
  • The CyanogenMod team whose source this ROM is based on.

Thanks to

• Meaple and xxsashixx for hosting download mirrors
  • BigWhoop for lending me time on a much faster compile server

Donations

As this has been asked and requested in PM's many times, I have finally decided to add this option. Just keep in mind that this is not all my doing.

Downloads

Change Log

• Jelly Bean
    JB.0.1.1U1
    ------------------
    * Fixed WiFi issues (Re-Added missing vendor files)
    * Changed SuperUser Application to a working version

JB.0.1.1U0
    ------------------
    * Fixed FC on data applications
    * Fixed keys not working on N1 (passion)
    * Added newest JB compatible EGL drivers
    * Camera now partially works (Produces soft reboots once in awhile)
  • Ice Cream Sandwich
    ICS.0.9.0U1
    ------------------
    * Fixed Processor section FC in Settings

ICS.0.9.0U0
    ------------------
    * Merged latest CM9 Upstream.
    * Cleaned up ad Optimized build.prop.
    * Replaced Mounts2SD with Disk Manager.
    * Fixed issue with switching between 2G/3G and WiFi/(2G/3G).
    * Updated mod's and additional applications.
    * Added SpazeDog fetures like wallpapers (inc. app), boot animation, themed Aroma and more.
    * Removed PDroid from ICS (Will be added again, also for JB)
    * And properly more that I can't remember.

Last edited:

intel415

Jul 20, 2012
Thx dk for this release gonna try it will report back

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Gablu

Nov 18, 2011
Karachi
Thanks for the compound releases :) Though ICS has moved from the old thread but now it is re hauled. Good to see you doing this.
ICS I personally feel not optimum on our N1, therefore I'll definitely be trying and testing the JB to experience the buttery and yummy UI :)

dk_zero-cool, Keep it up well done.

Reactions: smurfo1234

iakughan

Sep 21, 2010
Gela
OMG!!! Thanks DK, I will try JB

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

this hboot partition is ok?
System: 260 Cache: 8 Userdata: 168
i use it for evervolv jellybeam's rom

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

GAPPS are included?

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
OMG!!! Thanks DK, I will try JB

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

this hboot partition is ok?
System: 260 Cache: 8 Userdata: 168
i use it for evervolv jellybeam's rom

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

GAPPS are included?

Just make sure to include disk manager and keep it at defaults during install, you can always change it later. JB takes up a LOT of space for the dalvik-caches. I have 147mb data and had below 5mb left without sd-ext on data with minimal applications selected in Aroma. After dalvik-cache has been build, disk managers safe guard will make sure that you don't move something that is to big to be moved.

Also note that JB takes 5 times longer to boot after full wipe than ICS, so be very patient.

And yes, gapps are included as always :)

Reactions: tommypacker

intel415

Jul 20, 2012
shortcut keys touch screen doesnt work, none of the 4 are responsive. Anybody have this problem on JB? thanks

intel415

Jul 20, 2012
I use the Texasice's partition size recommended for Jelly Bean which is 260/8/168. Should I change it (use 220/16/200 like ICS for example) or is this ok?

It works on 260 8 168. Using that right now works fine. No lags after after heavy uses of browser, used to experience that from other roms. This rom is very smooth.
Great job dk.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Toad

Sep 29, 2007
Thank you for your hard work on this!

So still no one has video recording working on ICS for Nexus One? There are no hacks to get it to work or anything? Disappointing that ICS came out almost a year ago, and we still don't have a fully working version for the Nexus One.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Yes, keys definitely don't work. This has amazing potential though....buttery smooth so far....are these adreno drivers flashable separately?

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium

ForMartha

Jun 26, 2011
do I need to fullwipe my nexy going from latest BCM to Spazedog's newst version? (talking about ICS ofcourse)

plusforce

Mar 3, 2011
Boston
In the attention sectoin you said SD memory partion should not be fat 32 !? or should not be larger thant 1.5 GB

I use 4EXT recovery. But my memory is a one partiotion Fat32 and it's 8 GB. I have installed cm9 !

should I change it to 1.5 GB and 5.5GB ?

both of them should not be Fat32 ?

How about swap partition ?

can anyone explain a bit !

Last edited:

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
I have that problem too. :confused:

Are we talking about the buttons?

Thank you for your hard work on this!

So still no one has video recording working on ICS for Nexus One? There are no hacks to get it to work or anything? Disappointing that ICS came out almost a year ago, and we still don't have a fully working version for the Nexus One.

I agree. Why are you not done porting the GB driver to ICS yet? We have been waiting a long time on you.

In the attention sectoin you said SD memory partion should not be fat 32 !? or should not be larger thant 1.5 GB

I use 4EXT recovery. But my memory is a one partiotion Fat32 and it's 8 GB. I have installed cm9 !

should I change it to 1.5 GB and 5.5GB ?

both of them should not be Fat32 ?

Then I have to erase my SDcard ?

can anyone explain a bit !

Read the page again. It does not say no Fat32. It says "Do not format/create this from CWM".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SpazeDogPreviewNexus.gif

Having Issues?

1. Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    2. Have you tested this after a full wipe before restoring any old backups?
    3. Have you checked the MD5 sum of the downloaded package file to make sure that it is ok?
    Many issues is coursed by an defective keyboard controller. Please eliminate this possibility before posting questions. Also make sure to grab and attach useful logs as no one can help just based on a short title like "my phone does not boot". Most people will not even respond to such a post.

Not working

• Video Recording (JB, ICS)
    • Camera (JB, Partially works, but might produce soft reboot)
    • USB Tethering (JB)
    • Video Hardware Decoding (JB, ICS)
    • TreBuchet Launcher (JB)

Attention

• Do NOT setup your sdcard (Fat32) partition using CWM Recovery. This will produce a lot of different problems along the way do to a bug in the recovery. Use 4EXT Recovery instead
    • The sd-ext partition should be no more than max 1.5GB in size. More than this can produce issues
    • If Disk Manager (UI) writes warning or error, attend to the log file <Internal data>/diskManager.log. There will be an UI log viewer in one of the fallowing releases.

Partition Sizes

• Jelly Bean: Needs 200mb or more on /system
    • Ice Cream Sandwich: Needs 180mb or more on /system

Additional Settings

• Disk Manager: Settings -> Performance -> Disk Manager
    • CPU Sleep State: Settings -> Performance -> Processor
    • Task list by search: Settings -> System -> Search as Recent Apps
    • Lock Screen Rotation: Settings -> Rotation -> Auto-rotate lock screen
    • Trackball wake: Settings -> Display -> Trackball wake
    • Software Keys: Settings -> Display -> Software Navigation Bar

Credits

• cayniarb, Rapmv78, rmcc, shaky156 & texasice and more for the work that they have done on the qsd8k device.
    • The CyanogenMod team whose source this ROM is based on.

Thanks to

• Meaple and xxsashixx for hosting download mirrors
    • BigWhoop for lending me time on a much faster compile server

Donations

As this has been asked and requested in PM's many times, I have finally decided to add this option. Just keep in mind that this is not all my doing.

Downloads

Change Log

• Jelly Bean
      JB.0.1.1U1
      ------------------
      * Fixed WiFi issues (Re-Added missing vendor files)
      * Changed SuperUser Application to a working version

JB.0.1.1U0
      ------------------
      * Fixed FC on data applications
      * Fixed keys not working on N1 (passion)
      * Added newest JB compatible EGL drivers
      * Camera now partially works (Produces soft reboots once in awhile)
    • Ice Cream Sandwich
      ICS.0.9.0U1
      ------------------
      * Fixed Processor section FC in Settings

ICS.0.9.0U0
      ------------------
      * Merged latest CM9 Upstream.
      * Cleaned up ad Optimized build.prop.
      * Replaced Mounts2SD with Disk Manager.
      * Fixed issue with switching between 2G/3G and WiFi/(2G/3G).
      * Updated mod's and additional applications.
      * Added SpazeDog fetures like wallpapers (inc. app), boot animation, themed Aroma and more.
      * Removed PDroid from ICS (Will be added again, also for JB)
      * And properly more that I can't remember.
    Hello all. For a lot of personal reasons, I have not had time to do much playing around with phones lately. However, at some point an update is required, not only to bring the newest of CM, but also to fix some of the issues I did not get the chance to look into.

So I am back, and I will see if I can get time to do some work during the weekend.
    Everyone is entitled to some free time during the summer to enjoy the sun (or rain which we mostly have in Denmark). But I'm back, recharged and ready to start working on the next update (as soon as my coffee is done).

So no the project is not closed to whomever feared this. I just needed some time away from the keyboard to remember what the sun looked like. Could not find it, but did find some nice looking clouds instead, so all is good.
    I just checked dk-zero-cool's github and I could still not find any activities over last 3 months.
    I guess only active development on n1 is evervolv.

Not updating before everything works. Does not mean that nothing is being worked on :)
    After a lot of considerations, I have decided to stop the update of this thread for the fallowing reasons.

1. I cannot seam to get enough time to continue. I got a new job which demands more of my time. I moved in with my girlfriend and here son, which demands even more of my time. I can only seam to get enough alone time for smaller projects.
    2. I started the Desire thread because it lacked any kind of CM9 release, and I wanted a CM9 ROM on my own device which I then wanted to share with others. I then expanded the ROM to N1 when their CM9 dev ... , let's just say he lost interest. But now that @vijendrahs is providing both CM10 and CM10.1 for both Bravo and N1, I see no point in releasing an additional CM ROM.
    3. I don't even have my old Device any more as it broke completely a while back. And I can't see any reason for spending money on an 3 year old device which I am not even going to use.