[ROM][CM9]CM9 Unofficial Rom By CurbThePain

Search This thread

CurbThePain

Feb 2, 2013
Mount Horeb
Hi guys so first off I have to state it... I am NOT responsible for any damage caused to your phone...

So now that we have that out of the way let's get on to the sweet stuff.

This is a unstable non-buggy release of CM9 for the droid pro... I've edited only a few things in this rom such as the framework.

The rom only has 1 bug, after about 5 hours of use the keyboard will become unusable and it will only open shortcuts and apps will force close. Just reboot and there you go... good as new.

Ok so first what you need to do is download these files:

ROM: http://db.tt/2QcdlV7O

GAPPS: http://db.tt/ylq5eSEO

Second install CWM or the Droid2Bootstrap and boot into recovery then format system data and cache (you must be running the latest gb kernal)

Third flash both zips and reboot.

Cheers!

Phone: DROID Pro
Rom: Unofficial CM9
Theme: Ice9
Launcher: Touchwiz 5 (Under development)

Previous Phones: Droid Milestone, Kyocera Rise, LG Optimus V

ROM DEPRECIATED. I no longer own this device

Last edited:

CurbThePain

Feb 2, 2013
Mount Horeb
Re: [ROM][CM9]CM9 Unofficial Rom By TheOriginalist (Formally known as Soloman12345678

Screenies:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360729291276.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360729291276.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 934
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360729317424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360729317424.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 921
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360729324707.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360729324707.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 924
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360729332144.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360729332144.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 852
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360729339133.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360729339133.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 869
Last edited:
Reactions: Abstractionist

mulat666

Jan 10, 2013
Odp: [ROM][CM9]CM9 Unofficial Rom By TheOriginalist (Formally known as Soloman1234567

Thanks, 3g data works?

Send from DroidPro

Reactions: rickyreyne

CurbThePain

Feb 2, 2013
Mount Horeb
Re: [ROM][CM9]CM9 Unofficial Rom By TheOriginalist (Formally known as Soloman12345678

I do not use data or anything like that but all network modes seem to be functional...

List of working things:
Bluetooth
Wifi
All network modes

List of unknown:
3g/data

Reactions: rickyreyne

CurbThePain

Feb 2, 2013
Mount Horeb

thanks bro.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

how to change from cm9 rom to other cm9 rom?

Reboot into cwm and format system, data, and cache and don't reboot... then proceed to flash both zips... and your good and you can reboot.

Abstractionist

Nov 4, 2012
Almaty

Rom is not bad. But bug with keyboard and FC apps annoying. So, will wait for vanilla's cm9 next version. I hope that the problem with the video, and data transmission will be fixed there.

Sent from my DROID Pro using xda app-developers app

hashtowent

Jun 26, 2008
near Stuttgart
Lenovo P11
AW: [ROM][CM9]CM9 Unofficial Rom By TheOriginalist (Formally known as Soloman12345678

For me it works but I can't change 2g and 3g

Thats bad. Fc could be eliminated by the usual tutorial.
Runs quite fast is sleek n simple

Like that

Sent from my IdeaPad A1 using xda app-developers app

CurbThePain

Feb 2, 2013
Mount Horeb

Rom is not bad. But bug with keyboard and FC apps annoying. So, will wait for vanilla's cm9 next version. I hope that the problem with the video, and data transmission will be fixed there.

I formated all and reflashed a few times and it fixed fcs and keyboard

Reactions: Abstractionist

antweb

Jan 26, 2010
Installed on my Droid Pro today (European GSM only). Looking very good so far! :good:

Had some issues with GSM data not working, but several reflashes and ro.telephony.default_network=0 seem to have done the trick. Only problem I have left now is that the in-call volume is really low.

hashtowent

Jun 26, 2008
near Stuttgart
Lenovo P11
Sorry for the late reply... work is closed atm... waiting to get a wifi card on my desktop, when that happens ill release some new roms... Thanks for the comments... ill look into the low call volume and see if i can find a fix for it (flashable or not)...

concerning low volume, i remember this it helped reflashing (formating system/cache twice before reflashing - but no rebbot please otherwhise RSD needed! ) maybe something gets mesed up while flashing/first boot.

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
Sorry for the late reply... work is closed atm... waiting to get a wifi card on my desktop, when that happens ill release some new roms... Thanks for the comments... ill look into the low call volume and see if i can find a fix for it (flashable or not)...

Hi,
Good Job ...
What's the status of your wifi card ?
Any possibility of releasing new ROM's for our Droid Pro ?
Thanks

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---

varunbhide

Mar 4, 2011
Mumbai
stuck at M logo

hey guys, i'm sure this is gonna sound like a noob, but i am one, so need your help. i rooted the phone, installed droid2bootstrap, got into recovery, wiped everything, installed the ROM and flashed gapps. but since the time i restarted it, i continuously get a FC error of com.android.phone.
tried restarting several times, but no luck. so i thought i will reflash it. so went to droid2bootstrap and tried to boot into recovery, but from that moment on, all the phone does is get stuck on that M logo. no progress from there.
i'm afraid i've bricked it. could someone please help me out with what to do from here? any hopes of recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys so first off I have to state it... I am NOT responsible for any damage caused to your phone...

So now that we have that out of the way let's get on to the sweet stuff.

This is a unstable non-buggy release of CM9 for the droid pro... I've edited only a few things in this rom such as the framework.

The rom only has 1 bug, after about 5 hours of use the keyboard will become unusable and it will only open shortcuts and apps will force close. Just reboot and there you go... good as new.

Ok so first what you need to do is download these files:

ROM: http://db.tt/2QcdlV7O

GAPPS: http://db.tt/ylq5eSEO

Second install CWM or the Droid2Bootstrap and boot into recovery then format system data and cache (you must be running the latest gb kernal)

Third flash both zips and reboot.

Cheers!

ROM DEPRECIATED. I no longer own this device
    Assalam o Alaikum,
    Any updates..???

I am new to this phone and searching for a stable DD ROM..:)

Use CM7 , CM9 will not be working good on this phone . ;)

thanks bro.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

how to change from cm9 rom to other cm9 rom?

Reboot into cwm and format system, data, and cache and don't reboot... then proceed to flash both zips... and your good and you can reboot.

Screenies:
    Odp: [ROM][CM9]CM9 Unofficial Rom By TheOriginalist (Formally known as Soloman1234567

Thanks, 3g data works?

Send from DroidPro