[Rom][CM9]IceColdX8 - Minimalistic CM9 [3/4-2012]

• Thread starter Deleted member 3493119
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mr. Hat

Jul 13, 2011
Well guys I agree that paul is acting a little immature. As soon as MiniCM 3 came out, he stopped all his work, instead of trying to top nAa.

BUT

He is right, this ROM is nothing new, nothing developed and it is not "basic" it is "basically stolen", replacing some apps is not a development... and you say, you will try to fix something? Ok, what about fixing it and THEN posting it. This is nothing. With this mentality, every user could post his own rom, just put his favourite wallpaper and apps there, delete things he doesn´t use and ... voila ... SuperMegaAwesome ICS Rom, but of course thanks nAa´s "base" for this rom ... I doubt that any of you guys have ever done something by yourself, because if you had, shame wouldn´t let you post these kind of things.

D

Deleted member 3493119

wtf ??!!! paul has given us the best he can .Learn to respect someone's hardwork
anyways i really dont like the concept of removing apps and making rom light it is not gonna make your rom fast !!!

Yeah, but I have tweaked this rom so it will be faster.
This rom is meant to be a faster version of nAas MiniCM9 and thats why I created it.

D

Deleted member 3493119

Come on people, the first thing they say is that it's nAa's rom.They also have the link for the thread, not many people do that.

I will test this asap and let you know.

Tack! ;)

Edit:
First, it was the fastest boot I ever had with a newly-flashed rom ;)
I made a little (stupid) experiment:Since I just installed nAa's rom and put everything the way I wanted, I didn't want to wipe data again,I faced it as an update, so I will go on like this and tell you.
So far pretty good.

First question:Root Browser does what exactly?I mean, I have the system's File Explorer(now Root Browser), Astro and Root Explorer.Which one is not needed?I suppose Astro right?

Rootexplorer is Rootbrowser.
Its a filemanager that lets you access the filesystem in you phone without a extra app.

Reactions: Vicky26

Vicky26

Feb 22, 2012
Rootexplorer is Rootbrowser.
Its a filemanager that lets you access the filesystem in you phone without a extra app.

Jaha!So I don't need Astro and Root Explorer right?Because when I want to copy and paste something from or to system/app, I have to press "remount as"...This step is unnecessary in Root Browser?

Vicky26

Feb 22, 2012
It allows you to browse files as Root, so you can change system files basically. You can keep only one of these three if you don´t use the other ones.

As for saying it is nAa´s ROM:

What is the reason for posting it again? What exactly has been done to improve it? If you actually did something, please tell us what.

This is the same situation as when Gingerbread came to town. DX and few other guys developed their ROMs and all of the sudden, every other guy became a "developer" a posted "their own, tweaked, lighter, faster, ..." ROM. E.g xperiafan or whatever his name was.

I´m sorry for OT, but this just drives me mad, anyway, I said what I had to, so I´m done.

Thanx, because three file browsers it a bit too much :D

Now, about what's different...I haven't even installed it yet and I already have the double ram of what I had with nAa...with the same conditions...So yeah...

As for the post-again issue, they say they are not developers...But it is lighter, so...I for instance was one of the first that installed nAa's rom (you can find an early preview and bug report from me in some page in the thread), but this is lighter, to tell the truth.

Vicky26

Feb 22, 2012
This rom has really good responding time when it's on stand-by mode.In nAa sometimes it takes more than 3 seconds to show lockscreen, this one is instant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 3493119
    Hello all X8 fans, this is a new CM9 rom based on nAas MiniCM 3.0.
    This rom is optimized to run faster and Its more lightweight than nAas MiniCM 3.0 too.

Check out nAas work here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575094

Screenshots:
    It looks exactly like nAas release so check out this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24284149&postcount=3

Credits goes to:
    nobodyAtAll for his awesome kernel and rombase
    Jrummy for Rootexplorer Free
    Miui for Musicplayer
    And the CyanogenMod Team

Features:
    Fast
    Lightweight
    Smooth scrolling
    Tweaked
    Better memory managment
    Services.jar patched
    ICS Based MiUi Player
    Jrummy Rootexplorer Free
    Timezone and simcard fix is included in the rom
    And some minor things

Bugs:
    A2DP doesnt work
    Camera doesnt work

How to install:
    1. Unlock you bootloader and install nAa 11 ICS kernel
    2. Flash the rom file
    3. Flash Gapps
    4. Flash Cypress fix if you are using Cypress digitizer
    5. Wipe Data/Factory reset
    6. Reboot

Downloads

V1

Cypress fix
    THREAD CLOSED!
    I will try to fix nAas bugs in the next version, like A2DP and Camera.

The next version would be better
    Good man! Best regards
    1317350717_facepalm_3.jpg
    D
    Deleted member 3493119
    Changelog:

3/4-2012 - V1
    The initial release of this rom
    Removed alot of useless stuff
    Added Miui Music
    Added Jrummy Rootexplorer Free
    Changed bootanimation