• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][CM9] Mackay Rom ICS Final release (12-august-2012)

Search This thread

shaarky

Dec 1, 2007
Testing your ROM with latest Devil and I must say - pretty impressive, apparently everything is launching faster, quiting faster, reacting to application switch etc. ! ;-) Going to restore all stuff now... anyway, thank you. :cyclops:

Kocai

Oct 24, 2011
I just uploaded a fresh CM9 build with fresh kernel.

Sharing of builds will be low in next weeks. I will have only low bandwidth internet....

Interesting to see that you add the camera burst cherry. On my Galaxy Nexus that feature works perfectly because of the fast shutter speed. Will definitely try it on my SGS as soon as the repair is finished. Thank you for sharing your build.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto
I must say, I am loving this Rom/Kernel so far.
I did a wipe and cleared my cache before installing and noticed that google Play was not a part of the rom. (This may be a one-off issue).
I zipped your otherstuff file and re-booted to find that play still did not exist.
I had to flash a google apps package from a CM mod to get them on.

I'm not sure if others have had that issue, or if that is a known, but I thought I would let you know at any rate.
Since then things have been wonderful, so thank you for the awesome work!

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
I must say, I am loving this Rom/Kernel so far.
I did a wipe and cleared my cache before installing and noticed that google Play was not a part of the rom. (This may be a one-off issue).
I zipped your otherstuff file and re-booted to find that play still did not exist.
I had to flash a google apps package from a CM mod to get them on.

I'm not sure if others have had that issue, or if that is a known, but I thought I would let you know at any rate.
Since then things have been wonderful, so thank you for the awesome work!

If you fully wipe, you need to install google apps indeed. I will add that information in the OP + a download link for gapps. I do not integrate gapps in the zip, to minimize the bulk of the zip file :)
When doing a non-wipe flash, gapps should be retained (back-upped as part of the script).

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto
If you fully wipe, you need to install google apps indeed. I will add that information in the OP + a download link for gapps. I do not integrate gapps in the zip, to minimize the bulk of the zip file :)
When doing a non-wipe flash, gapps should be retained (back-upped as part of the script).

I figured as much, which is why I did so before flaming and bringing in said detractors.
Thanks for the info, and the wonderful rom good sir!

FJFonseca

Feb 10, 2008

First of all, thank you for the rom, for me, the best one at the moment.
A few days ago i've reported that when I've done an update i lost every data: isn't completely true but it is partially. All the data related with google apps (contacts, calendar and other stuff) was lost. I think that it was related with the fact that the gaps was erased even when you do a non-wipe flash.
Anyway, great battery life, no bugs, great rom.

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
First of all, thank you for the rom, for me, the best one at the moment.
A few days ago i've reported that when I've done an update i lost every data: isn't completely true but it is partially. All the data related with google apps (contacts, calendar and other stuff) was lost. I think that it was related with the fact that the gaps was erased even when you do a non-wipe flash.
Anyway, great battery life, no bugs, great rom.

I also have a problem with gapps every now-and-then. Also on stock ROM. Don't know what causes it. To be on the safe side you can always flash gapps together with the ROM. Doesn't hurt...

FJFonseca

Feb 10, 2008
I also have a problem with gapps every now-and-then. Also on stock ROM. Don't know what causes it. To be on the safe side you can always flash gapps together with the ROM. Doesn't hurt...
That's what i'm gonna do next time i flash a rom. By the way, this gonna happen this week? When do you release a new one? (Just kidding, take your time).

aladin6

Mar 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
kasper, a person that he kept making some CM7 updates some weeks ago. A great thank for you dude :). And i'm always using CM7, but i noticed that you made your own ROM(and own kernel), will flash it when i'll have some free time. I'm guessing that it's a great one ;).

Reactions: kasper_h

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
kasper, a person that he kept making some CM7 updates some weeks ago. A great thank for you dude :). And i'm always using CM7, but i noticed that you made your own ROM(and own kernel), will flash it when i'll have some free time. I'm guessing that it's a great one ;).

Thanks :) I still remember you from the CM7 thread. Currently CM9 is just as stable for me compared to CM7 "back in those days" :)

Top Liked Posts