• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][CM9] Mackay Rom ICS Final release (12-august-2012)

Search This thread

chiwou

Mar 23, 2012
Kassel
Yeah a day is not the problem :) always get a day with any rom, even with three hours navigation. But now after a few days with different daily activities and apps, I get around two and a half days.

Pretty good I guess :)
Still need a new battery anyway and then it will be even longer.

Thanks for the ROM, I'll be on this for a while. Until jelly bean is much more stable, then it's time to switch again :p
Take care
- Chris

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto
Yeah a day is not the problem :) always get a day with any rom, even with three hours navigation. But now after a few days with different daily activities and apps, I get around two and a half days.

Pretty good I guess :)
Still need a new battery anyway and then it will be even longer.

Thanks for the ROM, I'll be on this for a while. Until jelly bean is much more stable, then it's time to switch again :p
Take care
- Chris
How in the hell?
Maybe my phone sucks, but it heats up quick under use and that usually drains it quick. Navigation is the worst for it, to the point where my battery drains while plugged into charge if it is Navigating.

You on the same kind of i9000 as me?!

Kasper, the final ICS version is fantastic.
Even faster than the one from a week ago.
Well done!

chiwou

Mar 23, 2012
Kassel
You could also install a battery monitor app to show which process uses how much battery and CPU time.

OR a longer rant ;)

How old is your phone?

My phone doesn't get hot even with OC back when I used semaphore kernel.

Kasper and I spoke about the OC in the kernel thread, and he said his phone couldn't handle OC very well, where mine even handled 1200MHz or 1300MHz with Glitch.

So my guess is that there is a wide range of quality for Samsung phones, like CPUs for PCs, some of them handle overclocking very well and others not so much.

If it gets hot during normal procedures, you could ask for switch, it could be a fabrication issue, and maybe they give you a new one. But if the quality for all new phones are the same. You could having the same issues.

For example, after the Galaxy got released in Germany, Samsung couldn't deliver enough, so they switched the panels to Super clear LCD or something. I got mine cheaper because it was used for demonstration. And was a little older, still got full guarantee.
My guess I just got lucky :)

One last thing you could try and switch batteries, I use really cheap ones.
You can get one for 10euros and have more mA (1800mA), but they have a short lifetime.
They get hot while charging, but need less time than the original battery.

Enough of this :cool:
Take care
- Chris

Last edited:

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
I started working on jellybean. Up till now I don't like it :(
It's slower than ICS (partly, but not only, due to the lags).
So maybe I will return to ICS and wait for a better jellybean. Or maybe ICS is the best our phones can reach...

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9000

Reactions: nchc

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
So maybe I will return to ICS and wait for a better jellybean. Or maybe ICS is the best our phones can reach...

I also went back to CM9. Jelly Bean is not my thing and still find that you have at least 1gb ram memory should have to make optimum use of Jellybean

chiwou

Mar 23, 2012
Kassel

I don't think the phone is too slow, in the beginning of ICS, the ROMs were laggy too.

Remember the first Alphas of Cyanogenmod, nothing worked and the JB development just begun.

Galaxy S is an old phone but still very popular and powerful enough for daily basis.

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
I agree that the telephone should be able to run jb, nexus s can run it perfectly as well. I also hope that improvements will come (ics was also somewhat slow in the early days indeed). But for the time being, it doesn't feel good enough for me...and I never had that feeling on ics...

zzven

Dec 7, 2008
When I try to download this final release of CM9 , dropbox says :
Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Another link?

cr4zy.b0y

Feb 7, 2010
Bucharest RO / Wels AT
I added an alternative link to mediafire in the OP.

Download:
link2: http://www.mediafire.com/?mxy39gd3alkg08a

thank you :):highfive:

------------------------
downloaded, charging 95% and flashing :D

by the way, does it have media storage duplicating images and music?
does the camera app FC sometimes?
does facebook sync works? after 1 week of ICS roms usage notifications wouldn't sync anymore :(
does google music player works? same thing as facebook, after some time it stops working "cannot 0play the current song" error :( - probably media storage fault?

asking this 'coz i encountered them in ICS roms IMM76x roms :( .... we'll see about battery life too :D

greetings from Romania :D

Last edited:

cr4zy.b0y

Feb 7, 2010
Bucharest RO / Wels AT
flashed latest kernel 0.41 and got stuck at kernel logo. also lost CWM ... i had to flas recoveryfix.tar via odin and reflash rom (luckyly without wipe) :( ... why ?

i cant figure out how to change vibration intensity:confused: ... any help plz :D ?

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
thank you :):highfive:

------------------------
downloaded, charging 95% and flashing :D

by the way, does it have media storage duplicating images and music?
does the camera app FC sometimes?
does facebook sync works? after 1 week of ICS roms usage notifications wouldn't sync anymore :(
does google music player works? same thing as facebook, after some time it stops working "cannot 0play the current song" error :( - probably media storage fault?

asking this 'coz i encountered them in ICS roms IMM76x roms :( .... we'll see about battery life too :D

greetings from Romania :D

I had no problem with duplicated images/music. Also, no problem with camera. I don't use facebook sync, so I don't know.
Clearing data of media/camera/music could may help if you have issues.

flashed latest kernel 0.41 and got stuck at kernel logo. also lost CWM ... i had to flas recoveryfix.tar via odin and reflash rom (luckyly without wipe) :( ... why ?

i cant figure out how to change vibration intensity:confused: ... any help plz :D ?

Which kernel did you come from? I heard before of bootloops coming from Devil...

To change vibration intensity:
3 options:

ADB:
Code:
$ adb shell
$ su
# echo 32000  > /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/duty
# exit
$ exit

Terminal emulator:
Code:
$ su
# echo 32000  > /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/duty
# exit

Root explorer:
go to /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator
click on duty and select text editor
replace 41040 with the value of your choice (as you can see above, I like 32000).

Reactions: cr4zy.b0y

Top Liked Posts