• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][CM9] Mackay Rom ICS Final release (12-august-2012)

Search This thread

cr4zy.b0y

Feb 7, 2010
Bucharest RO / Wels AT
Which kernel did you come from? I heard before of bootloops coming from Devil...

I came from stock kernel that comes with rom. I wanted to flash 0.41 version with live oc :D -> cleared init.d and wiped dalvik so ... i don't know why happened:confused::confused::confused:

overall is one of the smoothest ICS roms I have ever tried and so far seems to be stable ( even though there are sometimes phone FC after rebooting ) ... we'll see about battery, just wiped stats and so far I cant give a verdict :D

Last edited:

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Hi
Is there a way to show conacts that are saved on the sim-card?
Thanks

It should in the settings of contacts app (can't check right now as I am on CM10 for the time being).

I came from stock kernel that comes with rom. I wanted to flash 0.41 version with live oc :D -> cleared init.d and wiped dalvik so ... i don't know why happened:confused::confused::confused:

overall is one of the smoothest ICS roms I have ever tried and so far seems to be stable ( even though there are sometimes phone FC after rebooting ) ... we'll see about battery, just wiped stats and so far I cant give a verdict :D

No idea where the bootloop came from. I never wipe anything when switching kernels and never had a bootloop :)

Interesting to hear your experience with battery life.

Reactions: jocke_lulle

cr4zy.b0y

Feb 7, 2010
Bucharest RO / Wels AT
So far I have 35% left after 14 hours GPS off, data used for few minutes.

3 hours of display, restored 60 apps via tb, listened music half an hour and played for a little time on play store via wifi.

So far is a battery-hungry rom :banghead: ... will report in few days :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

UPDATE: 9% after 20 hours at first discharge after wipeing battery stats :D ... not so good for the moment, but time will tell :D

Last edited:

bajica

Apr 7, 2010
Osijek
Your karnel breaks video playback for me. I reflashed latest nightly and video playback works fine but then I flash your karnel and it stops again. I'm back to stock karnel and everything works fine. I guess there is no stable feature rich karnel for ICS. Semaphore gives soft reboots. And devil breaks video also. Is there any other karnel that has touch wake feature?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
So far I have 35% left after 14 hours GPS off, data used for few minutes.

3 hours of display, restored 60 apps via tb, listened music half an hour and played for a little time on play store via wifi.

So far is a battery-hungry rom :banghead: ... will report in few days :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

First day is always more battery hungry, that is normal...I have the same...

Your karnel breaks video playback for me. I reflashed latest nightly and video playback works fine but then I flash your karnel and it stops again. I'm back to stock karnel and everything works fine. I guess there is no stable feature rich karnel for ICS. Semaphore gives soft reboots. And devil breaks video also. Is there any other karnel that has touch wake feature?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Can you be a bit more specific on the file type and video player? I had no issues at all...

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9000

cr4zy.b0y

Feb 7, 2010
Bucharest RO / Wels AT
I know it's normal for the first day but ... i have unpleasant experiences with CM7 and CM9 roms regarding battery life!!
->CM7 gave me a MAXIMUM 24 hours with light-medium usage (compared to at least 36-48 hours with samsung's builds custom roms - same settings and phone usage)
->CM9 gave me a little bit more, but not by far :( -- another ICS rom gave me a better battery life but is not as smooth as yours (I won't say this ROM's name)

I'm optimistic about this rom : 20+ hours at first charge with app restoring, configuring phone (mail, launcher & other customizations) and some moderate usage with little HSDPA data and some more wifi ( app updates and testing apps - e.g. facebook and IM clients )

I like this rom's smoothness even with stock launcher :D ... moreover, the music player and weather widget in the lockscreen are BRILLIANT !!! no bugs so far excepting phone's FC from time to time (just the pop-up but no signal loss) and a 15 seconds being unresponsive when tried to make a call (funny thing was that I locked the screen and I heard the one I called picking up :laugh: )

Happy with the ROM ! I will keep a track of it's behaviour :D ( rest of ICS roms gave me some problems after a week of usage: unresponsive apps, lots of phone FC's, sometimes lost signal and phone would not connect to my carrier and had to reboot!!! --- AND NO, my system partition was not full :p )

great job dude!! keep it up, dont migrate to JB 'till it will be more stable :D !! ICS rocks for the moment - and our SGS is not a young dude anymore :cowboy:

Last edited:
Reactions: kasper_h

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Like said above, the kernel has no deep idle. This feature is only beneficial for people listening music for extended periods of time, while not using the phone. The code to do this is not that stable it seems, if I look at the complaints about it for other kernels that do provide this option. For that reason it is not included.

sent from my galaxy tab using XDA Premium HD

cr4zy.b0y

Feb 7, 2010
Bucharest RO / Wels AT
i noticed that when i play ceramic destroyer (very addictive, not recommended :D ) in total darkness, my brightness is changing up and down ?!?! it should be on minimum all the time, right? otherwise no issues so far, maybe some battery tweaks would be welcome :D

Top Liked Posts