Question rom cn to global rom

Search This thread

nach02312

Apr 14, 2021
Hello, I was seeing that this time, the Chinese version and the global version are the same. It will be easier if I buy it in China to install the global version with all languages later? Even now it may be easier to change the rom of the oppo find x2 pro which is the one I currently have.

Hello, I was seeing that this time, the Chinese version and the global version are the same. It will be easier if I buy it in China to install the global version with all languages later? Even now it may be easier to change the rom of the oppo find x2 pro which is the one I currently have.
Another user in the x3 forum had a Chinese version and it apparently was not the same.

Reactions: nach02312

p1gnone

Feb 14, 2011
watchung
https://www.coloros.com/en/rom ..if only I had an X2pro, not a X3pro with ChinaROM. My AliExpress [HongKong] purchased X3pro has English, but the SYSTEM apps, App Store not GooglePlay [instead one all Chinese], & back-up are not Google-1 with GoogleDrive [ instead HeyTap], & ChinaROM Native assistant is BREENO: Chinese Language only, Further SMSs and data are often labeled as international even as my use is only USA to USA, with USA SIM. [LOL, my X3pro actually suggested I use data SIM-less to avoid charges. & and while I can change the SMS app to Textra every incoming text switches it back to ChinaROM default]

I await the website to have X3pro ROMs, but I may still be blocked from applying them, & the actual hardware version can differ. I once made the error of using a ROM for a same name device, when different markets/countries had slightly different hardware.. Flashed naively. Did not function but was able to restore.

I have sent email [ https://support.oppo.com/en/email-us/ failed to send ] to [email protected]
Even that failed to arrive..
https://support.oppo.com/en/email-us/ - or email - [email protected] send properly..
Awaiting reply.

Last edited:

p1gnone

Feb 14, 2011
watchung
https://support.oppo.com/en/email-us/ - or email - [email protected] send properly..
Awaiting reply.
Fears confirmed by their email reply. Take care not to order X3pro with ChinaROM unless yo like it that way!

"Unfortunately, because the device was manufactured for the Chinese market, It is different from the devices that are manufactured for the European market and the U.S.A. as here there are other laws and other software features that needs to be used. As the phone came from the manufacturer to comply with the Chinese market, the phone cannot be changed or modified to work as an European phone or an American one in this case."

Reactions: nach02312

nach02312

Apr 14, 2021
Miedos confirmados por su respuesta por correo electrónico. ¡Tenga cuidado de no pedir X3pro con ChinaROM a menos que le guste de esa manera!

"Desafortunadamente, debido a que el dispositivo se fabricó para el mercado chino, es diferente de los dispositivos que se fabrican para el mercado europeo y los EE. UU., Ya que aquí existen otras leyes y otras funciones de software que deben usarse. el fabricante para cumplir con el mercado chino, el teléfono no se puede cambiar o modificar para que funcione como un teléfono europeo o americano en este caso ".
En mi opinión, la fabricación es la misma, lo único que cambia esta vez es el software.pero aún no se ha descubierto cómo dejarlo con rom global como otros teléfonos.

p1gnone

Feb 14, 2011
watchung
En mi opinión, la fabricación es la misma, lo único que cambia esta vez es el software.pero aún no se ha descubierto cómo dejarlo con rom global como otros teléfonos.
That would have been my guess, but I'm less sure given the OPPO-UK official support reply. They may not really know, but claim its hardware too, not just the software. "Cannot be changed or modified " may simply mean software blocked.

p1gnone

Feb 14, 2011
watchung
I bought china version and install Google play store everything is good just like international version one.
Yes, Play store works, but default locked to a Chinese store. System apps all Chinese, cannot turn them off, e.g.News , [inferior] Messaging App keeps taking over from a default selection citing Security [Textra] , Chrome browsing triggers occasional warnings [claims of international data when actually US<->US, launcher selection locked, Backup locked out from Google-1, only using a Chinese one. Minor but annoying: temperature locked to Celsius when I 'live' in Fahrenheit.

I hope you can advise work-arounds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another user in the x3 forum had a Chinese version and it apparently was not the same.
    Awaiting reply.
    Fears confirmed by their email reply. Take care not to order X3pro with ChinaROM unless yo like it that way!

"Unfortunately, because the device was manufactured for the Chinese market, It is different from the devices that are manufactured for the European market and the U.S.A. as here there are other laws and other software features that needs to be used. As the phone came from the manufacturer to comply with the Chinese market, the phone cannot be changed or modified to work as an European phone or an American one in this case."
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone