[ROM]CommonSense ROM: HTC Sense ROM for Samsung Captivate

Do you think Sense for Captivate is a good thing???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thingthree

Feb 17, 2011
Ashland, OR
FIX Request

Although they will not be included in 1.0, I would like to make the point of having anyone who can positively contribute attempt to fix the following problems with this ROM:
Screen not waking up for five minutes after pressing power button(but it will come up just fine if you Plug in charger or a USB.
pOWER MENU DOES NOT COME UP.

The_Zodiac

Aug 28, 2010
Unknown
Although they will not be included in 1.0, I would like to make the point of having anyone who can positively contribute attempt to fix the following problems with this ROM:
Screen not waking up for five minutes after pressing power button(but it will come up just fine if you Plug in charger or a USB.
pOWER MENU DOES NOT COME UP.

you may want to ask some of the other cappy devs for help specifically adam and mikey tend to help others.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=955283
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=900568

(they may have some ideas and such to help u)

mossination

Feb 10, 2011
Im sure if you can get more things up and running on this rom then you will get alot more help and more people wanting this

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Zodiac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, ThingThree here,
    with an awesome HTC Sense ROM for the SGS Cappy...
    So without further ado...
    I present to you...
    CommenSense!

Changelog:
    1.0 - Ides of March Build

Changelog1.0
    Replaced kernel with speedmod
    Edited build.prop to fit Rom
    Removed a little bloatware
    Replaced calculator
    Replaced camera
    Removed reference to frontal camera
    Edited camera pixel Patterns to fit cappy
    Replaced telephonyprovider.apk
    Replaced Bluetooth stuff
    Edited boot animation and sound
    Edited shutdown animation
    Changed /kernel_update/ to fit/update/
    Added modem.bin

Here is what I HOPEFULLY fixed:
    Camera
    Phone Service
    Wifi???
    Other stuff I just may I have forgotten. :confused:

Stuff probably not working:
    Screen 5min delay
    No turning OFF - hard to fix - but kinda odd tho

List of 1.0 testers: Get ready to flash you guys!
    Coldskiesfullofblue
    vunuts
    mossination
    KCutrer1
    lauchon

Testing instructions...
    1.Flash - ODIN BACK TO STOCK FIRST!!!
    2.Tour - Look around and take note of any problems.
    3.Report the bugs - report on thread NOT IN A PM
    4.Media - If you can, post pics or vids.

Note-If screen doesnt wake up, plug in charger.

UPDATE:
    Status on V1.0:
    Released! Download:
    MOD EDIT PENDING COMPLIANCE

Thank you for your cooperation!

-ThingThree
    Looking forward to trying this out, looks very nice!
    Well i don't like to use my personal phone for testing cause i really really need it and it CAN NOT BREAK..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App
    Wow, your phone ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT BREAK, but other peoples phone can? Ya no one else needs their cell phone, so its ok if something happens to them. I use my personal captivate for EVERYTHING I build, and would never release something I haven't tested on my phone to mass public. That's one of the most asinine things I've ever heard from a 'devs' mouth, ever.
    Well i don't like to use my personal phone for testing cause i really really need it and it CAN NOT BREAK..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

Then go buy one.

FFS, if you're going to release something, putting other peoples phones at risk, test it first.
    Well ,due to all the recent complaints about me not testing boforehand on my personal phone, I promise to flash my ROM on my personal phone before I even upload it. I understand many people are both frustrated and upset, but right now I am asking you guys to PLEASE stick with me here as I will fully coperate with people on how the release process should work. Tonight I will be attempting to fix my rom and flash it. In the next few dayse I might just have it uploaded...:)

Testing by the dev should be a prerequisite. This forum is not some sort of Guinea Pig test laboratory to release things to our members you're not even willing to try on your own device. That is ridiculous! Good to hear that you'll be testing before releasing. I will be closing this thread until the OP PM's me and is ready with a release he has tested on his own device. I am also removing the d/l links in the first post.

@ All: If and when this thread reopens, please keep this thread on topic. No more flaming. Thank you.