ROM Computerfreek274_Unlocked.49_1.3.7 6/5/2016 Tether, Advanced Calling, Audio Mods

Search This thread

newskate9

Jul 15, 2011
Do you have "hide notification details" checked in moto display settings? Uncheck it.

Nope. I've checked/unchecked every thing that would seem to give what I want - unless I missed something.

I just sent myself a text. the phone pings and shows the messenger icon. then the screen goes blank. I move to it with my hand and it reappears, the icon. I wait a few seconds it disappears When I light it up again, the notice is gone. I open the phone and there is nothing in the status bar. Had I been out of the room, I never would have gotten the message.

Last edited:

grifdogg55

May 25, 2011
TWRP Question

If this isn't the right place for this, let me know. I have been running this ROM unlocked for quite a while and wanted to upgrade to the newest 1.3.0. I tried to boot to recovery (TWRP 2.x.x.x) and my phone was hanging at the TWRP splash screen. I then used Flashify to update to TWRP 3.0.2.0 and I still have the same problem. The new 3.0.2.0 splash screen shows up but I never get into TWRP. Does anyone have any advice on how how to get recovery functioning again?

roman.ramirez.12

Nov 14, 2014
checked there - thought I had all checked. Repeat the text test - same. Here for a few seconds, then gone for good.
Hey you said ambient display is off right? Now go to sound and notifications, then under notification. Under where it says "When device is locked " make sure it says "show all notification content" is picked. Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: doubledragon5

CoreyWillWhat

Dec 3, 2013
Philadelphia
If this isn't the right place for this, let me know. I have been running this ROM unlocked for quite a while and wanted to upgrade to the newest 1.3.0. I tried to boot to recovery (TWRP 2.x.x.x) and my phone was hanging at the TWRP splash screen. I then used Flashify to update to TWRP 3.0.2.0 and I still have the same problem. The new 3.0.2.0 splash screen shows up but I never get into TWRP. Does anyone have any advice on how how to get recovery functioning again?

I'd suggest reflashing TWRP from the bootloader.

XXXXXXXXX = recovery file
command:
fastboot flash recovery XXXXXXXXX

computerfreek274

Oct 9, 2014
Lost
www.computerfreek.com
I just went though and flashed the newest TWRP with fastboot and still have the same issue. TWRP hangs at the splash screen. Any other ideas out there?

Flash recovery from fastboot as I told everyone from the start I do not recommend doing it any other way. Download the older version on twrp from my downloads or the one I posted a few pages back go to this website for step by step on how to flash it the right way. You can also download twrp from the play store then look to Moto maxx in the list and try and flash it from there. I still recommend doing it the fastboot way from here.

http://androiding.how/how-to-install-twrp-recovery-via-fastboot/

teddc

May 7, 2016
Failure to Wake

I've been having problems with this build failing to wake up the screen. It's intermittent, but happens at least one a day. When it happens, I'll need to force power-off the phone and then restart. Sometime it boots normally, but sometimes it has to go through application optimization during the boot. Any ideas? I've already reset cache and that doesn't prevent it from recurring. Sometimes I can tell that the device wakes but the screen isn't on, other times, it seems like it's not waking at all.

teddc

May 7, 2016
What version power save of 1.3.0 ? Also are you running any xposed mod if so what?

Just a reminder do not run other power mods not even greenify with power save build.

It's running Computerfreek274_Unlocked_BatterySave_1.3.0.zip (827.6MB Apr 04, 2016 | 01:46AM) solely. No other mods at all. I'm on Verizon.

computerfreek274

Oct 9, 2014
Lost
www.computerfreek.com
It's running Computerfreek274_Unlocked_BatterySave_1.3.0.zip (827.6MB Apr 04, 2016 | 01:46AM) solely. No other mods at all. I'm on Verizon.

Well just try my other build the standard tweaked one it still has better than stock battery. The power save build is very early stages it is set for deeper sleep. I will look it over in the next few days to see if I can tweak it a bit more to give faster wake times.

Thanks for the reply and feedback.

teddc

May 7, 2016
Well just try my other build the standard tweaked one it still has better than stock battery. The power save build is very early stages it is set for deeper sleep. I will look it over in the next few days to see if I can tweak it a bit more to give faster wake times.

Will do. Thanks for the quick reply. I think I didn't realize that the standard one was okay for Verizon too. I'll let you know if I have further problems with the standard build.

computerfreek274

Oct 9, 2014
Lost
www.computerfreek.com
Will do. Thanks for the quick reply. I think I didn't realize that the standard one was okay for Verizon too. I'll let you know if I have further problems with the standard build.

Yeah my regular build is there. Details on op. My standard build will not place the phone in that deep of an power save mode I have set. As soon as I get time I am going to pull up that build and give it a small tweak.

JayCizzo

Mar 17, 2010
Tampa
Anyone having issues with Facebook Messenger? I'm not getting notifications of new messages. It also closes sometimes when I try to access it from the recent apps menu with the error "Messenger failed to start". It worked fine when I first installed it. Didn't change anything. I've clean flashed and it still won't work. Just looking to see if it's just my phone or not. Thanks.

computerfreek274

Oct 9, 2014
Lost
www.computerfreek.com
Anyone having issues with Facebook Messenger? I'm not getting notifications of new messages. It also closes sometimes when I try to access it from the recent apps menu with the error "Messenger failed to start". It worked fine when I first installed it. Didn't change anything. I've clean flashed and it still won't work. Just looking to see if it's just my phone or not. Thanks.

Try wiping cache and data under apps for Facebook messenger. Them go to twrp and wipe cache there also. Reboot and test.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Computerfreek274_Unlocked_1.3.7 Based from Stock 5.1 .49​

Disclaimer: Please Read if this ROM or any software kills your phone in any way. I am no way to be held responsible. Please read I Also will not be responsible for any data loss. Backup you data we have twrp now.

All ROM's,Audio Mods, Pon-3, Kernels, ect Downloads can all be found under Download here below.​
    Download Here
    Please Read! The Whole OP and how to install.

Start Here for Update 1.3.7 6/5/2016 .49 based Please READ
    Computerfreek274_Unlocked.49_1.3.7 Update

Based from .49 OTA update 5/15/2016

Change Log
    .49 OTA Update
    06/05/2016 Cleaned up some more verizon junk.
    Bloat Free
    Hotspot Tether
    Audio tweaks and Vol Steps *You can still download from my OP the tweaks or V4A for better sound.
    Root
    Busybox
    xposed ready just download and flash after you setup the ROM.
    Pon-3 and other audio mods flash after your 1st setup.
    New Radios
    Small Tweaks

HOW TO INSTALL ! 1.3.7 Updated 6/05/2016

1. Download firstEncounter's .49 Bootloader/Radio Pack from here. Big Thanks to firstEncounter for his great work and great img packs.
    2 Download Computerfreek274_Unlocked.49_1.3.7.zip
    3. Flash firstEncounter's .49 Bootloader/Radio Pack.
    4. Flash Computerfreek274_unlocked.49_1.3.7 Verizon or non Verizon build.
    3. Wipe Cache and reboot and enjoy.

* if you have already updated your radios and bootloader to .49 then you can just flash 1.3.7 or newer.

If you are doing a full wipe! Wipe data and cache all at the same time. then do steps 1 and 2

Flash radios pack 1st then flash ROM. NOTE: Flashing my IMG pack will upgrade your bootloader so never re-lock your bootloader thinking you can just sunshine YOU CAN'T after you upgrade. Yes you can still re-lock if you need to return the phone

Any Bugs in 1.3.7 ?
    No not that I have seen

Slow 1st boot if your upgrading and not doing a full wipe.

1.3.5+ END HERE PLEASE READ ABOVE

Outdated Info and Chang logs.

Bugs.
    With Verizon messenger Plus app if you use back camera with flash phone will crash. This is only in the verizon msg app.
    work around is to take pic with camera then attache the photo and send.

Change-log Updated 04/04/2016
    04/04/2016
    Verizon Build There is 2 versions your Standard build and battery save. Battery save only for Verizon users this helps with battery drain you get with Verizon network over LTE.
    Performance tuning is turned on on the battery save mode. So the phone needs time to settle in a bit before it feels 100% in my testing it looks to save around 5% or more over standard build " I am loving the battery save build myself. remember this is based on what I have running results will vary per user"
    Fixed battery faster battery drain from 1.29 in standard build and batter save.
    Removed .mp4 demo video to save space.
    Removed and updated moto camera to the last build. This gives users an option to uninstall update if they like same with my Verizon and some other apps.
    Fixed emoji's and updated to newest android from MM.
    Non-Verizon fixed APN settings so it will pick up your APN from your sim / network.
    Non-Verizon build Faster 3g 2x data. " Remember it can only go as fast as your network gives you" But I did tweak it a bit.
    Non-Verizon Build Removed My Verizon and other Verizon apps that got in from 1.2.9.
    Non-Verizon users You will not be getting an battery save build. This is due to GSM networks. Plus way to hard for me to test if it will save battery. I do believe the non-Verizon build is already much better on battery on Verizon build. This is due to that you have non of the Verizon apps running.

This change log maybe missing a few things I have done a lot and tested a lot over the past few weeks to get this ver just right.

3/2/2016
    1.2.8 Verizon Build Updated to address a few Bugs that have been found in verizon build only.
    Fixed xposed bug.
    Fixed Reboots with xposed.
    Fixed audio mods.

02/06/2016
    Removed HP Print and Google Print *Download from play Store if you need it. Fixed where when I removed it in the past it did not work from play store HP system drivers are still installed.
    Removed Moto care plus one other moto app.
    Updated network settings Faster Verizon lte speeds mostly upload.
    Faster Switching from 3g to LTE.
    Made changes to make Xposed v80 more compatible.
    Made Changes for new ver of Viper4Audio audio mod to work with droid turbo if you install it. Pon-3/v4a will also still work.
    Few other bug fixes.
    Better power saving 1/11/2016.

Put Stock Command center back in. 1/11/2016
    Removed Turbo 2 command center download and flash from here 1/11/2016.
    Updated My Verizon app to newest apk. 1/11/2016
    Added Turbo 2 wallpapers. 1/11/2016
    Removed some old moto files that where not needed. 1/11/2016
    Audio boosted on app apps and in-call and all codecs. 1/11/2016
    Updated Init.d support in kernel 1/11/2016 Please search for init.d tweaks in google for lollipop.
    Misc Small fixes and tweaks 1/11/2016
    Fixed memory removed lag. 1/11/2016
    Fixed up Audio mixed boosted audio mid-range pre-installed 1/11/2016
    Fixed My Verizon SSO login 1/11/2016
    Removed apps and files.
    Amazon apps
    Slacker radio
    Bug2GoStub
    GooglePinyinIME
    Translate
    BodyGuardApp
    fswriter
    install-recovery.cfg
    recovery-resource.dat
    recovery-from-boot.p

Tweaks updated and fixes
    Heap size now 72 was 32.
    GPU speed tweaks fixed from 1.2.2.
    Updated Wireless tweaks.
    More free ram for apps. "Tweak"
    Faster app loading "tweak"
    zip aligned.
    4g LTE Speed and locking/Switching.
    Fixed Audio buffers in 1.2.4
    Battery save stuff. "Tweak's"
    I also cleaned up some other stuff. and more fixes. Smaller download size.

Installing Update
    Flash Right over any of my ROMs or Mofo Img's using TWRP.
    After flashing rom you can Flash Xposed if you use it V79 Download here.
    After install Please wipe cache and reboot. If you did not do a clean full wipe then. Please let the phone settle in a bit. So it can update a bit around 1/2 hours after some updates for it to settle in nice for it to show it's tweaks.
    Enjoy!

Also Get your updated Xposed here v80

Benchmark Screen shot here with lots of my apps installed.

Download 1.2.3a ROM HERE DeOdexed
    Non-Verzion users Download 1.2.3a then read Post #2 for adding better support for global services.

You can always find more help and support on my website computerfreek.com

Old Change Logs see above
    ChangeLog
    Computerfreek274_Unlocked_Deodexed_1.2.3a 12/09/2015

Removed Verizon protect
    Removed Office
    Most Verizon apps other than Hotspot and My verizon can be uninstalled. If you see them in your apps you can now uninstall all but them two.
    Boosted media buffers.
    GPU speed and ram tweak.
    lower background apps running at one time by 5.

Updated apps
    Google play
    Google play services
    Moto camera.
    Moto gallery
    Gmail
    Chrome updated and put back in.
    Translator
    And a few others I can not remember.
    Build tweaks I think this will help with play service crash. I have not got any so far. Only time will tell.

1.2 - 1.2.2

Faster 1st boot.
    Optional Global Ver for none Verizon users. Find it under downloads.
    Audio Boost v2 The best In call Audio on the droid turbo. (New)
    Deodexed build. There is also your standard odex build. (New)
    Native Tether/Hotspot tested and working 100%
    Removed more Verizon apps. This is the last of the Verizon apps i can remove that are needed for the system. Please remember if you remove or freeze My Verizon app it will disable your advanced calling.
    Verizon Messenger has been removed. This can be re-downloaded from google play
    Fixed Build.prop removed old PON-3/V4A Settings.
    Fixed host file put it back on the system as we don't need it in data anymore.
    Xposed and pon-3 Is optional add on I did this in case you where going to use other audio mods or none at all. This opens up better support for users of my Rom some users do not like pon-3. Just You can download all needed files with the download.
    Cleaned up amazon junk in /ect
    Much faster over all bit more ram and cache speeds better R/W speeds.
    Faster 3g and wifi.
    Removed Boot animation. (Replace with your own if you like.)
    Features:
    Audio Boost v2 The best In call Audio on the droid turbo. (New)
    Deodexed build. There is also your standard odex build. (New)

All the best tweaks and audio mods from my 1.6 images.
    Full root with unlocked bootloader via Sunshine.
    Stable! - I don't publish images without exhaustively testing them. If you have any issues to report, reply to this post and either myself or the community will rally to help fix the issue.
    Much better battery life! - This image focuses on battery savings without compromising performance. Your phone will last much longer while running this system image.
    Multiple versions - From Stock to Global.
    Fast! - This image is lean, fast, and enhanced for performance.
    No bloat! - All bloat that is available on the Play Store has been removed. Extra files (like help videos and help audio files) have also been removed.
    Optional AdAway.
    Now with Pon-3 Audio/ V4A - Increase the volume and the quality of audio output from the Droid Turbo by enabling VIPER4Android I optimized the system for any audio mode you use. You can flash PON-3 from my downloads.
    Enabled for XPOSED Updated to newest ver. Optional download flash via twrp and install APK. i put the needed ver and files in downloads. Xposed needs to be flashed.

Audio Boost Mods
    Download Here

1st one Stock No Audio Boost (Stock)

2nd Mid Range Audio Boost ( Mid Range no gain boost Stock Max Audio 84% Mid range Max 90%)

3rd High_Gain v2 ( Boosted Gain and Max volume At 94%)

How to Install

How to install

Backup Your Stuff!!! Photos and more !!! Use Twrp to do a full system backup!!! And then Copy it to your PC save it forever!

If you already have done step 1 and 2 go to step 3.

Step 1 Phone bootloader must be unlocked via sunshine root. I will no longer help users unlock please see sunshine If you need an none xposed ver use @firstEncounter v3 listed here. I blocked my no xposed img from downloads. I know it worked for most users but there was a few it did not and hung up on sunshine server blocking there IP. @jcase recommend you use @firstEncounter v3 or update to stock .44 then unlock with sunshine.
    Step 2 Install Twrp Recovery Get it here.

Step 3 Enter recovery Copy my rom/zip to your phones storage device.
    And any other options your download from here xposed and PON-3 put all zip's on phone storage. And flash/install in recovery computerfreek_Unlocked_1.X 1st then install/flash xposed,Pon-3 zip's

Step 4 In recovery click install select my rom .zip and slide to install

Step 5 Hit home and go to wipe for best results slide bar to do factory reset.

Step 6 Reboot system

Step 7 Your done setup your phone xposed and pon-3 audio if you install it.

Step 8 If you flashed xposed you need to install the APK now.

Please remember this is a hobby for me and my son who is 13 years old. Any donations we get are used for web and file hosting also to help with the cost of the internet. We try and do are best to give you support. We work very hard keeping everything up to date. We do not make money off this we do this to help other like us. Remember if you like to help to keep this going you can send donations to google wallet to [email protected] or paypal [email protected]. Thank you So much for supporting this hobby.​

Credits go to.
    @jcase For his great work and the rest of the team. Not just for the great unlocked bootloader, But for everything he has done. Thank you.
    Thank You Theroot.ninja for the Sunshine See there website here.[/CENTER]
    Just an small update on what is coming up

Been real busy I am working on a few fixes for non-verizon and verizon updates. I been doing this in small chunks. I am hoping 1.3.0 Will be are final lollipop build. Then we will be moving onto marshmallow. I will try and get it all wrapped up by the end of the week.

Thank You for all your help and support for a great group of XDA users.
    Update

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to get some work down on this ROM and a MM based ROM I have been working on MM and porting some of the advanced calling stuff from other MM ROMS out there. Not easy right now. On the 14th I am having surgery so when I am in recovery I may be able to get some work done on the ROMS. Just been crazy busy trying to get stuff done that I will not be able to do after the surgery. So wish me luck!

I will post that I am alive after the 14th. If you don't see anything from me for weeks that will not be good. lol.

Thank you to everyone who has and been supporting me and my work and all the PM's wishing me good heath.

THANK YOU!
    News and update.

Technically these scores do not show how your phone preforms in the real world but if you want numbers as far as I'm concerned that your 1.2.8 and 1.2.9 are fine. I don't think you will notice any difference because both numbers are high.

Update to all users!

It is a no win if you try to save battery drops scores down. If you try for speed battery drops by 5% in my testing. It is also a no win for me with you guys. If I save battery your not happy with speeds if I get speed up your not happy with battery.

I think 1.2.8 and 1.2.9 both work great and for for now users can pick from any one of my roms all the way back that works best for them. I have seen users say they like 1.2.5.

In 1.3.0 final I will back 4 builds Power save, Speed, and non Verizon builds.

As for kernel work for speed and tweaks I do not have any daily driver kernels. I was also trying to get FM radio working but for some reason when enabled it still will not see it.

If you guys are looking to tweak and save battery look into some init.d stuff there are some very nice tweaks out there. I have enabled init.d in all my roms for users to take it to the next step.

I was working on getting that moto maxx build of marshmallow to boot on the turbo. However it is not all that easy missing a lot of stuff as it was based on an update. And moto has not released full build as of yet. Also missing stuff we need on Verizon network.

I have been very busy with family and my Heath. I am working on builds but I like to test each one out. Just going slow I am busy trying to make a few bucks here and there. With having an 10 and 14 year old boys it gets kind of crazy around here.

I am hoping to get 1.3.0 out to you guys in the next week or so. We will see how much time I get.

Thank you guys for your great feedback and suggestions and support.
    Update

Update on my heath doing about the same still waiting on some test from MRI's last week. Recovery from surgery had a few set backs but going good now.

Now Update on getting Advanced calling on MM is not looking great. I been working on it when I can. However I make 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Porting over Advanced for are phone is not easy as I need to get the files from other phone that have MM. I wish I had better news for you guys. I will have a 2nd phone soon I can work off of. This will give me more time to put into MM. As it was hard to tie up my phone working on roms and not have a working phone. So in a few days I have some plains to see what I can get working and what I can't . I will try and keep you all in the loop as much as I can.

As for this ROM I may push an update soon With updated system apps like google play and others. I know it is not much but if your on Verizon and need advanced calling then this is all we got for stock based advanced calling.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone