[ROM] CortexROM v15.10 [Oct 15, 2017] ► 8.0.0-OPR5-007 ★

Search This thread

1959guy

May 23, 2015
Enjoying this because it works!
Was on a different ROM but too many bugs.

Can you include led charge indicator?

Thanks.

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
I haven't used this ROM in a while because I upgraded to a Pixel XL which I never liked and then to a One Plus 5 which has great hardware specs and easily the worst build quality of any phone I have ever owned. Since my OP5 is in RMA I had to pull my 6P out of retirement. I want to thank the dev for making such a fast and smooth ROM. I'm not even in a huge hurry to get my OP5 back after flashing Cortex Oreo. :good:

evolver10

Oct 31, 2011
Getting 'media storage isn't responding' when trying to set ringtone. Clean install. Already wiped caches. Also no sounds are working. Can't hear anything in phone call.

Last edited:

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Reactions: shantam3108

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
Running Cortex with ElementalEx Governor. I've tried Glass Fish, Glass Canon and Hawktail and I'm currently using Dark Spice. What profile would people recommend for smoothest performance? I'm more concerned with smooth performance for normal phone operations (I don't do anything CPU intensive) than in maximizing battery life.

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
I was wondering the same thing ?
The short answer is no do not install the security update.

You probably got the notification because Cortex is a stock based ROM. But it isn't stock Oreo. Cortex has been modified and is a custom ROM so unless the dev says otherwise you should not install OTA updates. As far as I know the dev needs to create a new build of Cortex that incorporates the security update for it to be compatible with the ROM.

Reactions: SkoT7e

dvize

Jun 23, 2011
I'm pretty sure there is an issue with my TMO nexus 6p and the OCT 15th version of this ROM. Did a full wipe to Stock October Security Release (proper bootloader, vendor, and radio), flashed twrp, and then ran the install zip. I did this twice and each time, android does not detect a sim card. However, on stock bootup, the sim card is just fine (which is needed to restore backup from cloud since i have two factor authentication enabled).

Last edited:

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
I'm pretty sure there is an issue with my TMO nexus 6p and the OCT 15th version of this ROM. Did a full wipe to Stock October Security Release (proper bootloader, vendor, and radio), flashed twrp, and then ran the install zip. I did this twice and each time, android does not detect a sim card. However, on stock bootup, the sim card is just fine (which is needed to restore backup from cloud since i have two factor authentication enabled).
I have MintSim which uses TMO as the carrier and the latest version of Cortex recognizes my SIM fine and works perfectly on the network . You might want to try powering down your Nexus 6P, removing the SIM card and then booting up into Cortex with no SIM inserted. Then power down again, insert the SIM and power up again. I've had that help in the past if an Android phone wasn't recognizing that a SIM was inserted. If that doesn't work I would go into the network settings and see if anything looks strange. I'm not sure why a TMO SIM card would specifically be incompatible with any ROM if other SIM cards work fine.

Exodusche

Feb 18, 2016

There is multiple posts on how to fix the no sim error. Flashing stock 8.0, formating user data, turning off encryption, turning off pin lock before flashing. I believe wiping and flashing stock Android 8 first is the best solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CortexLogo.png

Welcome to Cortex! This is based on the current Google release. I modeled this after how I have my device set up. This will generally have, as of the time of release, the most current apps available (select apps), Pixel additions, and a lot of speed and system tweaks.

You can now also donate to me by just opening one of my websites pages, and mining Monero cryptocurrency on my behalf! Only things you need to do are disable ad-blocking for my site (so the script will run), leave the tab open, and hit "START MINING". Only uses your computers CPU. It's configurable, too. Number of threads, and speed. I'll work on coloring it better later. Let me know what you think!
    MONERO MINER

Please visit my website for more downloads, tools, and factory firmware.
    Main site:
    SteelROMs

Nexus 6P page:
    SteelROMs - Nexus 6P

===============================================================================================

v15.10 (8.0.0-OPR5.170623.007)
    Major features:
    - Pre-rooted with Magisk v14.3
    - Includes Busybox 1.27.2
    - Includes Pixel 2 Launcher
    - Includes Pixel 2 Camera
    - Includes Pixel 2 Wallpaper
    - Disabled forced encryption
    - Disabled dm-verity
    - Disabled bugreports
    - Disabled ramdumps
    - Disabled diag tests
    - Removed unnecessary apps and services
    - Enabled data/app support
    - Increased dex2oat speeds
    - Pixel Mod by krisyarno
    - New no-provisioning tweak
    - Ad-blocking hosts file

Changelog:
    New in v15.10:
    - Updated Magisk Root to v14.3
    - Updated Pixel Mod
    - Added Pixel 2 Launcher
    - Added Pixel 2 wallpaper
    - Added Pixel 2 Camera

Previous changes:
    New in v15.01:
    - Updated Pixel Mod to proper OPR5 version from krisyarno

v15.00:
    - Updated base to Oreo OPR5.170623.007
    - Switched to Magisk Root v14.2
    - Disabled dm-verity (unsure last time)
    - Increased zram size to around 800MB
    - Tweaked a couple memory settings
    - Added back my xReboot app
    - Added F2FS compatibility to data and cache

v14.00:
    - Updated base to Oreo OPR6.170623.019
    - Updated root to SuperSU 2.82-SR5
    - Updated BusyBox to 1.27.2
    - Set SELinux to Permissive on boot (su.d script)
    - Enabled non-provisioned tethering (mod + su.d script)
    - Fixed Developer Options FC'ing
    - Disabled GPS debugging
    - Added my big hosts file (ad blocking)
    - Tweaked the memory management a little more from Nougat
    - Includes krisyarno's Oreo Pixel Mod V3
    - Removed unwanted processes from the kernel
    - Removed my typical "spam" apps from the system

v12.00:
    - Updated to new O-DP3
    - Reverted to nearly all stock apps (for now)
    - Removed build.prop tweaks that were breaking the system
    - Tweaked the kernel a little more
    - Added all my previously optimized sound files (from Nougat/O)

v10.10:
    - Added Pixel Launcher O
    - Added Pixel Launcher Icons
    - Added GBoard (keyboard)
    - Added all sounds from v8.xx release
    - Added ad-blocking hosts file
    - Fixed a couple FC issues
    - Fixed Developer Options FC
    - Removed non-functional build.prop tweaks
    - Set SELinux to Permissive by default
    - Updated all apps

v10.00:
    - Initial release

Download:
    CortexROM v15.10
    AFH Mirror:
    Cortex ROM v15.10

Installation:
    1: Make a backup
    2: Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik
    3: Flash ROM
    4: Reboot and enjoy!

Prerequisites:
    Be sure you have already flashed the bootloader (3.75) and radio (3.84). Can't hurt.

VENDOR IS INCLUDED. ROOT IS INCLUDED

Credits:
    Google (Android!)
    Chainfire (ROOT!)
    superr (for his amazing kitchen!)
    krisyarno (new Pixel mod)
    gerard_f (various Pixel mods)
    Mentalmuso (ROM fixes)
    Fransisco Franco (Simple Reboot source code)
    Charles_l (CameraNX)
    defcomg (60fps recording mod)
    and other non-team developers for various contributions
    If I forgot your name, please let me know.

If you like my work, please donate!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cortex ROM for the Nexus 6P, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    chevycam94
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.x
    Based On: Google

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 15.10
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-15

Created 2015-12-25
    Last Updated 2017-10-16
    Will be making a build tonight based on DP2 (NPF26F)
    I have a booting, and fully running (as far as I can tell) version of Cortex based on ANDROID O! I'm doing a little last minute testing, then I'll post up the first version. It should be known that root is fairly unstable, and Developer Options FC's. May be other issues, but you should expect that from a VERY early build of O. It's hit-or-miss with installation with this one. MOST of the time it will boot, but occasionally it will not. Remember, ONLY flash the ROM as it is. DONT flash anything else (including another root zip) afterwards. You can ignore the FC popup on first boot, it doesnt affect anything.

Starting with v10.xx will be Android O.

v7.xx through 9.xx will be Android N (7.1.2).

I'm trying to keep the version numbers in line with the progression of Android versions.

UPLOADING ALPHA-07 NOW!
    v4.00 is finally up! Have at it! :D