• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][CrDroid][11][UNOFFICIAL][RAV*/SOFIA*][7.X]

Search This thread
I only now took time to try to install the latest CR-Droid because the last couple builds, at least for me, have been unusable with my skillset at least. I haven't even finished letting it boot. But the rest of the build is usually goog.

I just had to post a HGUGE THANK YOU for getting these latest builds up and running for the mere mortals of us out here.

Flaishing was smoother than a newborn babies behind. Coming from Andy 10 on slot A it was basically select slot b, reboot recovery slot b to activate, flash rom, format data, change to slot a and reboot recovery as recommended to enable use of data after a format. After this last step I rebooted into slot a to the Boot Ani in no time flat. Painless as twrp should be.

Thanks
griz

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
I tried that as well, still stuck on 7.2. I don't know, I think maybe you uploaded the wrong folder. Because after flashing from stock 10, I wiped, and flashed 7.2. I boot up, and it's 7.0.

Thats the link to the folder containing everything 😉.

Reactions: deviousconundrum
Oct 29, 2014
Moto G Stylus

Thats the link to the folder containing everything 😉.
Wow, it goes further than 7.2. Thank you very much. I'm going to have to try this in the morning.

Edit: I have been installing all day, I can't get 7.9/7.8 Vanilla to get past the Wifi screen. It keeps trying to connect to something, and fails every time. It doesn't even use the CrDroid setup, it just uses the Default one. I am currently on CrDroid 7.7, no issues. so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beetle84

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
Wow, it goes further than 7.2. Thank you very much. I'm going to have to try this in the morning.

Edit: I have been installing all day, I can't get 7.9/7.8 Vanilla to get past the Wifi screen. It keeps trying to connect to something, and fails every time. It doesn't even use the CrDroid setup, it just uses the Default one. I am currently on CrDroid 7.7, no issues. so far.
You can skip the wifi setup page.

Oct 29, 2014
Moto G Stylus
You can skip the wifi setup page.
I tried that, it just gets stuck with the spinning circle animation. Does the first time set up take an unusually long time? Maybe I didn't wait long enough, but every time I tried I get an error message and get kicked back. I wish I had pictures, I will try again and see if I can get some pictures.

Edit: Yeah, any attempt to set up Offline will result in an Infinite just a sec screen.

Last edited:

ph4n70m-404

Mar 21, 2020
github.com
Moto G Stylus
I tried that, it just gets stuck with the spinning circle animation. Does the first time set up take an unusually long time? Maybe I didn't wait long enough, but every time I tried I get an error message and get kicked back. I wish I had pictures, I will try again and see if I can get some pictures.

Edit: Yeah, any attempt to set up Offline will result in an Infinite just a sec screen.
A dirty fix would be trying to remove the crdroid setup apk.

Oct 29, 2014
Moto G Stylus
That sounds a bit out of my skill level. Where would that setup apk be stored in the fastbootd files? It wouldn't be a bad idea to look up some tutorials. Actually, I've been thinking about making my own custom ROM. It appears that most of the ones for my phone are deprecated. Featurewise, I think CrDroid does a good job, while still maintaining a stock android feel. To be honest, I've never used the stylus on my phone, so it never bothered me that all of these android 11 Roms don't/partially have it working. I am thankful though, I don't think I have the patience to do the same thing you guys do, and all for free. So I thank you ROM developers/maintainer's.

ph4n70m-404

Mar 21, 2020
github.com
Moto G Stylus
That sounds a bit out of my skill level. Where would that setup apk be stored in the fastbootd files? It wouldn't be a bad idea to look up some tutorials. Actually, I've been thinking about making my own custom ROM. It appears that most of the ones for my phone are deprecated. Featurewise, I think CrDroid does a good job, while still maintaining a stock android feel. To be honest, I've never used the stylus on my phone, so it never bothered me that all of these android 11 Roms don't/partially have it working. I am thankful though, I don't think I have the patience to do the same thing you guys do, and all for free. So I thank you ROM developers/maintainer's.
Installing crdroid then using twrp mount system them use the file manager to go to (based off of the gapps setup wizard) /system_root/system/system_ext/priv-app/SetupWizard and delete the apk inside. This may or may not cause other issues.

Oct 29, 2014
Moto G Stylus
Installing crdroid then using twrp mount system them use the file manager to go to (based off of the gapps setup wizard) /system_root/system/system_ext/priv-app/SetupWizard and delete the apk inside. This may or may not cause other issues.
Thank you for the insight. I always install vanilla, so I thought it was weird that it was asking me to check for updates during installation, vanilla usually never does that. I might try what you suggested, as crDroid is my favorite of the custom Roms available right now. Just seems to have just enough customization, without straying to far from the stock android.

Top Liked Posts