[ROM][CrDroid][11][UNOFFICIAL][RAV*/SOFIA*][7.X]

Search This thread

donluz

Jan 26, 2012
I don't remember what the exact errors were, but I did have a number of them. I took the ostrich approach and ignored the errors... and the phone booted fine.

You made me laugh! :)

Ok, I did that and to my surprise - it booted fine! Working on passing safety net with Magisk now. I really appreciate your help and hope this convo helps others going forward. Thank you!

Andvark

Mar 27, 2015
How did you go up to 7.5 from 7.4 without losing your data? Many thanks!
I don't believe I claimed that I didn't lose my data, and to be honest, I don't recall now if I dirty flashed or not. I've been flashing ROMs quite a bit lately for family members, and it's all a bit of a blur for me now. If I had to guess, however, I dirty-flashed 7.5 using twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia and my data was still intact.

Reactions: tinbilly

tinbilly

Dec 23, 2017
BlackBerry KEYone
Moto G Power
I don't believe I claimed that I didn't lose my data, and to be honest, I don't recall now if I dirty flashed or not. I've been flashing ROMs quite a bit lately for family members, and it's all a bit of a blur for me now. If I had to guess, however, I dirty-flashed 7.5 using twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia and my data was still intact.

No, you didn't claim that you didn't lose you data. But I guess you might know how to do an upgrade without losing data, thus would like to seek your advise.

Jack Swartz

Dec 3, 2020

Ok, I did that and to my surprise - it booted fine! Working on passing safety net with Magisk now. I really appreciate your help and hope this convo helps others going forward. Thank you!

I have the same issue as you had when you were trying to install the ROM.

Wow! This one actually flashed. Unfortunately however, the ROM will not complete its boot. It gets to the animated logo screen and sits there indefinitely.

I downloaded

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210505-sofiar-v7.5-Gapps.zip

How did you install this zip? TWRP? What version? Or did you use fastboot flash XYZ.zip?

Thanks in advance for any help you might give.

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016

Wow! This one actually flashed. Unfortunately however, the ROM will not complete its boot. It gets to the animated logo screen and sits there indefinitely.

I downloaded

How did you install this zip? TWRP? What version? Or did you use fastboot flash XYZ.zip?

Download the latest v7.6 Gapps zip

Jack Swartz

Dec 3, 2020
I tried to install:

CrDroid-v7.6-20210519-Sofiar-Gapps-IMG.zip
CrDroid-v7.6-20210519-Sofiar-Vanilla-IMG.zip

Neither one worked. I still get the the animated boot screen. Neither completes. My phone is a Moto G Power. (XT2041-4)
I have had not problems running CrDroid 10-sofiar-v6.10.zip Would still be using that ROM if not for the USB drivers and Android Auto not connecting. Super stable.

Please advise if you can and thanks for your help.

Reactions: virginwidow

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
I tried to install:

Neither one worked. I still get the the animated boot screen. Neither completes. My phone is a Moto G Power. (XT2041-4)
I have had not problems running CrDroid 10-sofiar-v6.10.zip Would still be using that ROM if not for the USB drivers and Android Auto not connecting. Super stable.

It takes about 5 minutes for the first boot.

Jack Swartz

Dec 3, 2020
It takes about 5 minutes for the first boot.
I have waited for over an hour with not luck. I tried all versions. Even tried installing with the latest TWRP. Each time it just sits at the boot animation. I might be just out of luck upgrading to Android 11. Stock Android 11 does work but I hate not having a kill app button. Thanks for all your help.

Carl-Robert

May 24, 2021
I have waited for over an hour with not luck. I tried all versions. Even tried installing with the latest TWRP. Each time it just sits at the boot animation. I might be just out of luck upgrading to Android 11. Stock Android 11 does work but I hate not having a kill app button. Thanks for all your help.
Late reply, but all custom roms fail to finish booting if you are coming from official android 11. Downgrade to android 10 and can flash any custom rom including android 11 roms.

tinbilly

Dec 23, 2017
BlackBerry KEYone
Moto G Power
I am new to twrp and custom rom update using twrp. Please anyone advise the correct steps to upgrade to crDroid 7.6 from 7.4 on a XT2041-1 with nanodroid installed.

Are these the correct steps using twrp?
1. Boot into twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img
2. Wipe cache and system >> However, I notice that in twrp booted on my XT2041-1, there's no system option in Wipe menu
3. Flash the ROM zip
>> Which one should I use?
* crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210520-sofiar-v7.6.zip (containing META-INF folder, care_map.pb, payload.bin, payload_properties.txt) OR
* CrDroid-v7.6-20210519-Sofiar-Vanilla-IMG.zip (containing boot.img, product.img, system.img, vbmeta (1).img)
4. Flash Magisk (to gain root access)

Much appreciated your advise.

Last edited:

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
I am new to twrp and custom rom update using twrp. Please anyone advise the correct steps to upgrade to crDroid 7.6 from 7.4 on a XT2041-1 with nanodroid installed.

2. Wipe cache and system >> However, I notice that in twrp booted on my XT2041-1, there's no system option in Wipe menu
3. Flash the ROM zip
* crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210520-sofiar-v7.6.zip (containing META-INF folder, care_map.pb, payload.bin, payload_properties.txt) OR
* CrDroid-v7.6-20210519-Sofiar-Vanilla-IMG.zip (containing boot.img, product.img, system.img, vbmeta (1).img)

Flash the first zip. The IMG zip needs to be unzipped and flashed via fastbootd

donluz

Jan 26, 2012

I downloaded

Wonder if you're still having trouble with this? I wound up NOT flashing a separate Gapps file. Instead I used the single ROM download file which was suggested in this thread; it contains the Gapps, built-in. The download is for the Lenovo phone, but don't worry as the gentleman was correct; it works for the Moto G Power.

Jack Swartz

Dec 3, 2020
Wonder if you're still having trouble with this? I wound up NOT flashing a separate Gapps file. Instead I used the single ROM download file which was suggested in this thread; it contains the Gapps, built-in. The download is for the Lenovo phone, but don't worry as the gentleman was correct; it works for the Moto G Power.
I was reading your previous post and downloaded

How did you install it? Did you use TWRP and if so which version?
The zip contains:
META-INF folder
care_map.pb
payload.bin
payload_properites.txt

Usually you install the following files being in fastbootd.
fastboot set_active a
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
I was reading your previous post and downloaded

How did you install it? Did you use TWRP and if so which version?
The zip contains:
META-INF folder
care_map.pb
payload.bin
payload_properites.txt

Usually you install the following files being in fastbootd.
fastboot set_active a

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
That zip file is flash-able with TWRP

tinbilly

Dec 23, 2017
BlackBerry KEYone
Moto G Power
Many thanks for your advise. I updated 7.4 to 7.6, but failed.

This is what I did:
1. Booted into twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img (Note: I did not flashed twrp on my device)
2. Flashed crDroid 7.6 ROM zip crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210520-sofiar-v7.6.zip
3. Wiped Cache & Dalvik
4. Rebooted system

However, the device just rebooted into bootloader. I checked and found out that the active slot was slot B.

5. So I rebooted my device into twrp (fastboot boot twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img)
6. In twrp, I rebooted device to slot A. My device then successfully booted. I went to Settings - System and found out that it was still on crDroid 7.4

Much appreciated any suggestion.

Last edited:

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
Many thanks for your advise. I updated 7.4 to 7.6, but failed.

This is what I did:
1. Booted into twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img (Note: I did not flashed twrp on my device)
2. Flashed crDroid 7.6 ROM zip crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210520-sofiar-v7.6.zip
3. Wiped Cache & Dalvik
4. Rebooted system

However, the device just rebooted into bootloader. I checked and found out that the active slot was slot B.

5. So I rebooted my device into twrp (fastboot boot twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img)
6. In twrp, I rebooted device to slot A. My device then successfully booted. I went to Settings - System and found out that it was still on crDroid 7.4

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
Download the latest TWRP flash-able zip. You should also permanently install TWRP to your device.
Wipe data and dalvik. Format data. Flash the proper zip. Reboot to recovery then reboot system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried to install:

3. Flash the ROM zip

Download the latest TWRP flash-able zip. You should also permanently install TWRP to your device.
    Wipe data and dalvik. Format data. Flash the proper zip. Reboot to recovery then reboot system.
    Ok so I am so frustrated with this Moto G power , If anyone can please tell me what I am doing wrong...I have rooted and ran mutliple custome roms since back in the Jelly bean days but I have always been able to do all the fundamentals of owning root and making the most of my phone.. You guys have always been helpful . SO when i attempt flash a custom rom through adb folder ( because I think you cannot flash custom roms with twrp at all) attemtp to follow your instructions to the T
    but every time after install of custom , and thats any custom rom i try to boot it up for first time , prior to re-twrping, adding gapps, or magisk rooting and it literally just stays on the new rom animation for hours until i give up and I have to rescue it with lenovo'S rescue tool . Any help would be awesome ?
    Ok so I am so frustrated with this Moto G power , If anyone can please tell me what I am doing wrong...I have rooted and ran mutliple custome roms since back in the Jelly bean days but I have always been able to do all the fundamentals of owning root and making the most of my phone.. You guys have always been helpful . SO when i attempt flash a custom rom through adb folder ( because I think you cannot flash custom roms with twrp at all) attemtp to follow your instructions to the T
    but every time after install of custom , and thats any custom rom i try to boot it up for first time , prior to re-twrping, adding gapps, or magisk rooting and it literally just stays on the new rom animation for hours until i give up and I have to rescue it with lenovo'S rescue tool . Any help would be awesome ?
    I also had the same problem. You will get the ROM animation forever if you are already on Android 11. You must go back to Android 10 in order for CrDroid to boot properly. Just follow the instructions:

Flashing:
    1. Extract the zip and open a shell with ADB and fastboot.
    2. Reboot your device into fastbootd mode.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    3. Flash boot, system, product, and vbmeta.
    Code:
    fastboot set_active a
    4. Wipe userdata.
    Code:
    fastboot -w

I used the file:

Gapps are included in this file.

Thanks to everybody that helped me out. I hope this helps someone else.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

First time installation:

• Flashing:
      1. Extract the zip and open a shell with ADB and fastboot.
      2. Reboot your device into fastbootd mode.
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      3. Flash boot, system, product, and vbmeta.
      Code:
      fastboot set_active a
      4. Wipe userdata.
      Code:
      fastboot -w
      Gapps:
      1. Fastboot boot TWRP
      2. Flash Gapps arch64 version 11
      3. Reboot
      Magisk:
      1. Boot into TWRP
      2. Flash Magisk vs. 21.1
      3. Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel https://github.com/Odin1101/Project-Sofia/tree/Upstream-test

Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145729881

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid <device> Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Device support Telegram link: https://t.me/joinchat/0IkIqVQMwM45MDZh

Thanks to the following devs and contributors
    @bcrichster
    @Beetle84
    @asineth
    @gearsofwar567
    @kjjjnob

Special thanks:
    @vache
    I don't remember what the exact errors were, but I did have a number of them. I took the ostrich approach and ignored the errors... and the phone booted fine.

Thank you for the reply. I see this is for the "Lenovo Moto G Stylus", yet this thread is for the "Moto G Power" (which is what I have). I'm cautious when flashing ROMs, so just want to double-check....
    Yes, it works for the Moto G Power as well. The OP's link was also for the Stylus; the same question was asked and answered in post #4. I have the XT2041-4 and have run the 7.4 and 7.5 ROMs from the download page I referenced. 7.5 has been my daily driver for a while now, and haven't experienced any issues.
    Here's what worked for me on 2041-4 using a gnu-linux box (there were some permissions gotchas):
    0. power up a new out-of-the-box moto g power 2041-4. Follow prompts. Motorola Software Update will automatically download a system update and prompt reboot, after which Motorola Software Update will once again automatically download a system update and prompt reboot.

1. become developer, enable usb debugging and OEM unlocking; power off, start fastboot mode (hold volume down and power buttons), and connect phone to (linux) box with usb C cable.

2. visit https://accounts.motorola.com/ and follow instructions to unlock bootloader. Reboot and make sure to enter set up a security pattern, become developer, and enable usb debugging. Motorola Software Update will download and install system update (in my case QPMS30.80-51-8). Reboot to complete installation.

3. (This step #3 will provide a backup of the stock system; skip step #3 if you don’t want such a backup.)
    a. Power off and restart fastboot mode.
    [email protected]:~$ fastboot boot /path-to/twrp.img
    (in my case twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img).
    b. Unlock phone’s TWRP screen with your pattern, then backup the Data partition; Super partition; and the rest of the partitions; separately in three backups.
    c. reboot and move the TWRP folder from internal storage to a removable sdcard.

Note 1: on my device, there were two Super partitions listed: Super (9312 MB) and Super (System, Product, Vendor) (9312 MB); I just backed up the former.
    Note 2: you must backup the Super partition to internal storage, it will fail if backed up directly to an external sdcard!!

4. Enter fastbootd mode as follows:
    a. enter fastboot mode (with power off, hold volume down and power buttons)
    b. choose ‘recovery mode’ from fastboot menu, press power button to choose.
    Note: the recovery screen displays an android icon with a red warning triangle and the text “No command”. This is not an error!
    c. hold power button 3 seconds then vol up 2 or 3 seconds then release
    d. you see a menu: select enter fastboot with volume keys and power button
    e. you see a screen with “fastbootd” in red at the top of the screen
    f. connect usb cable to computer

5. unzip your ROM and cd /ROMdirectory
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ cd /ROMdirectory
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ fastboot set_active a
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ fastboot flash boot boot.img
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ sudo fastboot flash system system.img
    Note: the above command fails if invoked as normal user!
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ fastboot flash product product.img
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ fastboot erase userdata

6. reboot phone & setup

7. root
    [email protected]:~$ adb push Magisk-21.4.zip /storage/yourSDcard/
    [email protected]:~$ adb reboot bootloader
    [email protected]:~$ fastboot boot twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img

Now, from phone’s TWRP screen, install Magisk zip (& gapps or micro_g if you want?)

Hope that helps!
    Hello, awesome ROM but i cant seam to find the right gapps for it got magisk working as well but with the gaps it just hangs on Rom logo, i've tried the following:

open_gapps-arm64-11.0-micro-20201116-TEST-FIXED.zip
    open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210130-TEST.zip
    NikGapps-Addon-11-AdAway-signed.zip

this installed via TRWP as well as visa sideload, anyideas?

Thanks
    I have a build v7.4 with Gapps built in. Check my AFH account.