• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][CrDroid][11][UNOFFICIAL][RAV*/SOFIA*][7.X]

Search This thread

jdude520

Oct 28, 2019
Ok so I am so frustrated with this Moto G power , If anyone can please tell me what I am doing wrong...I have rooted and ran mutliple custome roms since back in the Jelly bean days but I have always been able to do all the fundamentals of owning root and making the most of my phone.. You guys have always been helpful . SO when i attempt flash a custom rom through adb folder ( because I think you cannot flash custom roms with twrp at all) attemtp to follow your instructions to the T
but every time after install of custom , and thats any custom rom i try to boot it up for first time , prior to re-twrping, adding gapps, or magisk rooting and it literally just stays on the new rom animation for hours until i give up and I have to rescue it with lenovo'S rescue tool . Any help would be awesome ?

Reactions: virginwidow

tinbilly

Dec 23, 2017
BlackBerry KEYone
Moto G Power
Ok so I am so frustrated with this Moto G power , If anyone can please tell me what I am doing wrong...I have rooted and ran mutliple custome roms since back in the Jelly bean days but I have always been able to do all the fundamentals of owning root and making the most of my phone.. You guys have always been helpful . SO when i attempt flash a custom rom through adb folder ( because I think you cannot flash custom roms with twrp at all) attemtp to follow your instructions to the T
but every time after install of custom , and thats any custom rom i try to boot it up for first time , prior to re-twrping, adding gapps, or magisk rooting and it literally just stays on the new rom animation for hours until i give up and I have to rescue it with lenovo'S rescue tool . Any help would be awesome ?
What is your device? Which version did you flash? Did you come from android 10 or 11? Please briefly describe the steps you took.

Jack Swartz

Dec 3, 2020
I also had the same problem. You will get the ROM animation forever if you are already on Android 11. You must go back to Android 10 in order for CrDroid to boot properly. Just follow the instructions:

Flashing:
1. Extract the zip and open a shell with ADB and fastboot.
2. Reboot your device into fastbootd mode.
Code:
fastboot reboot fastboot
3. Flash boot, system, product, and vbmeta.
Code:
fastboot set_active a
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
4. Wipe userdata.
Code:
fastboot -w

I used the file:

CrDroid-v7.6-20210519-Sofiar-Gapps-IMG.zip

Gapps are included in this file.

Thanks to everybody that helped me out. I hope this helps someone else.

Jeycihouses1986

Jun 21, 2021
I also had the same problem. You will get the ROM animation forever if you are already on Android 11. You must go back to Android 10 in order for CrDroid to boot properly. Just follow the instructions:

Flashing:
Code:
fastboot reboot fastboot
Code:
fastboot set_active a
4. Wipe userdata.
Code:
fastboot -w

I used the file:

Hello Sir. These are the instructions to flash CrDroid with android 10??
Its the same rule for any rom? I have to be on Android 10 to flash an Android 11 ROM?

Thank you very much in advance!!! I didnt read anywhere that requirement to flash a rom and you have been very helpfull.

Jack Swartz

Dec 3, 2020
Yes, in this case, I used the same instructions to flash Android 11 as 10. And yes, you have to be on Android 10 before you can upgrade to 11. If your on Moto stock 11, it will not work. You will get the dreaded boot loop. Glad to help.

Leroy_Sparks

Jun 12, 2018
Been running this for a couple of weeks with good results. One question:

1) I don't have TWRP flashed, so what is the easiest or best method to update to the latest build (preferably without losing root or data). Can I boot into TWRP (via fastboot) and do a dirty flash?

Leroy_Sparks

Jun 12, 2018
Yes, or download and unzip an Image zip and flash via fastbootd.

Thanks for your reply. I updated successfully via fastbootd using "CrDroid-v7.7-06232021-Sofiar-Vanilla-IMG.zip". I had no luck using TWRP.

If I might ask, could you offer guidance on trying to do this via TWRP. I'm really struggling to understand/adapt to the whole slot/a slot/b stuff. Here's what I did and my results:

I booted into TWRP from fastboot (fastboot boot twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img).
Selected INSTALL and selected the file "crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210624-sofiar-v7.7.zip" and this was displayed :
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg

Then I rebooted (to system) with slot A current :

pic3.jpg

The phone booted into fastboot mode (?). Attempts at rebooting always took me to fastboot. So I rebooted into TWRP and selected slot B in reboot and rebooted - again into fastboot. Then I booted back into TWRP, selected slot A and rebooted - phone came back up in CRdroid, albeit without the update.

I suspect I'm just doing something wrong. I'm concerned about the "E: unable to open block device....." messages after the TWRP flash of the zipfile (I've read that the "E: unable to open loop device...." errors are not a problem (?).

Any clarification would certainly be beneficial to me and perhaps others.

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
Thanks for your reply. I updated successfully via fastbootd using "CrDroid-v7.7-06232021-Sofiar-Vanilla-IMG.zip". I had no luck using TWRP.

If I might ask, could you offer guidance on trying to do this via TWRP. I'm really struggling to understand/adapt to the whole slot/a slot/b stuff. Here's what I did and my results:

I booted into TWRP from fastboot (fastboot boot twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img).
Selected INSTALL and selected the file "crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210624-sofiar-v7.7.zip" and this was displayed :
View attachment 5350163View attachment 5350165

Then I rebooted (to system) with slot A current :

View attachment 5350167

The phone booted into fastboot mode (?). Attempts at rebooting always took me to fastboot. So I rebooted into TWRP and selected slot B in reboot and rebooted - again into fastboot. Then I booted back into TWRP, selected slot A and rebooted - phone came back up in CRdroid, albeit without the update.

I suspect I'm just doing something wrong. I'm concerned about the "E: unable to open block device....." messages after the TWRP flash of the zipfile (I've read that the "E: unable to open loop device...." errors are not a problem (?).

Any clarification would certainly be beneficial to me and perhaps others.
You need to install TWRP permanently it will make life easier. You won't lose it when flashing ROMs.

Leroy_Sparks

Jun 12, 2018
You need to install TWRP permanently it will make life easier. You won't lose it when flashing ROMs.
Once again thanks for your reply.

I've seen mention of (apparently) flashing TWRP to both slots? If so, is it just a matter of installing it via "booted" Twrp, then selecting the other slot from reboot menu and flashing it again? As I said, this slot business has me uncertain.

(BTW I've resisted installling TWRP because of the messed up touchscreen problem - it doesn't instill confidence with such a "feature" lol)

darko454

Jul 6, 2010
FLORIDA
good work!
I just flashed this ROM
everything went smoothly... except I do not have 4g lte on sprint network ..
I came from Android 10 sprint.
please help restore lte!
I really would like to test drive this rom
thanks

tinbilly

Dec 23, 2017
BlackBerry KEYone
Moto G Power
I installed TWRP on both slot A & B using fastboot flash recovery twrp.img and fastboot flash recovery_b twrp.img. After that I rebooted my device into TWRP, then selected INSTALL and selected the file "crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210624-sofiar-v7.7.zip". But I got no luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

First time installation:

• Flashing:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      Code:
      fastboot set_active a
      4. Wipe userdata.
      Code:
      fastboot -w
      Gapps:
      1. Fastboot boot TWRP
      2. Flash Gapps arch64 version 11
      3. Reboot
      Magisk:
      1. Boot into TWRP
      2. Flash Magisk vs. 21.1
      3. Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel https://github.com/Odin1101/Project-Sofia/tree/Upstream-test

Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145729881

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid <device> Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Device support Telegram link: https://t.me/joinchat/0IkIqVQMwM45MDZh

Thanks to the following devs and contributors
    @bcrichster
    @Beetle84
    @asineth
    @gearsofwar567
    @kjjjnob

Special thanks:
    @vache
    I don't remember what the exact errors were, but I did have a number of them. I took the ostrich approach and ignored the errors... and the phone booted fine.

You made me laugh! :)

Ok, I did that and to my surprise - it booted fine! Working on passing safety net with Magisk now. I really appreciate your help and hope this convo helps others going forward. Thank you!
    Thank you for the reply. I see this is for the "Lenovo Moto G Stylus", yet this thread is for the "Moto G Power" (which is what I have). I'm cautious when flashing ROMs, so just want to double-check....
    Yes, it works for the Moto G Power as well. The OP's link was also for the Stylus; the same question was asked and answered in post #4. I have the XT2041-4 and have run the 7.4 and 7.5 ROMs from the download page I referenced. 7.5 has been my daily driver for a while now, and haven't experienced any issues.

Flashing:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot set_active a
    4. Wipe userdata.
    Code:
    fastboot -w

I used the file:

Here's what worked for me on 2041-4 using a gnu-linux box (there were some permissions gotchas):
    0. power up a new out-of-the-box moto g power 2041-4. Follow prompts. Motorola Software Update will automatically download a system update and prompt reboot, after which Motorola Software Update will once again automatically download a system update and prompt reboot.

1. become developer, enable usb debugging and OEM unlocking; power off, start fastboot mode (hold volume down and power buttons), and connect phone to (linux) box with usb C cable.

2. visit https://accounts.motorola.com/ and follow instructions to unlock bootloader. Reboot and make sure to enter set up a security pattern, become developer, and enable usb debugging. Motorola Software Update will download and install system update (in my case QPMS30.80-51-8). Reboot to complete installation.

3. (This step #3 will provide a backup of the stock system; skip step #3 if you don’t want such a backup.)
    a. Power off and restart fastboot mode.
    [email protected]:~$ fastboot boot /path-to/twrp.img
    (in my case twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img).
    b. Unlock phone’s TWRP screen with your pattern, then backup the Data partition; Super partition; and the rest of the partitions; separately in three backups.
    c. reboot and move the TWRP folder from internal storage to a removable sdcard.

Note 1: on my device, there were two Super partitions listed: Super (9312 MB) and Super (System, Product, Vendor) (9312 MB); I just backed up the former.
    Note 2: you must backup the Super partition to internal storage, it will fail if backed up directly to an external sdcard!!

4. Enter fastbootd mode as follows:
    a. enter fastboot mode (with power off, hold volume down and power buttons)
    b. choose ‘recovery mode’ from fastboot menu, press power button to choose.
    Note: the recovery screen displays an android icon with a red warning triangle and the text “No command”. This is not an error!
    c. hold power button 3 seconds then vol up 2 or 3 seconds then release
    d. you see a menu: select enter fastboot with volume keys and power button
    e. you see a screen with “fastbootd” in red at the top of the screen
    f. connect usb cable to computer

5. unzip your ROM and cd /ROMdirectory
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ cd /ROMdirectory
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ fastboot set_active a
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ fastboot flash boot boot.img
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ sudo fastboot flash system system.img
    Note: the above command fails if invoked as normal user!
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ fastboot flash product product.img
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    [email protected]:/ROMdirectory$ fastboot erase userdata

6. reboot phone & setup

7. root
    [email protected]:~$ adb push Magisk-21.4.zip /storage/yourSDcard/
    [email protected]:~$ adb reboot bootloader
    [email protected]:~$ fastboot boot twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img

Now, from phone’s TWRP screen, install Magisk zip (& gapps or micro_g if you want?)

Hope that helps!