• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][CrDroid][UNOFFICIAL][RAV*/SOFIA*][6.X]

Search This thread

CorporalCactus

Apr 11, 2016
Yea i coulndt get this rom to install, i followed the directions and it gives me error erase successful but not automatically formatting..."

Then it goes on to say something about the filesystem being raw. The phone will only boot into fastboot afterwards no matter what i do

Last edited:

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
i really want to try this rom out but i dont have much experience installing the Gapps after the fact. Do i just download whatever package i want from opengapps website and use twrp to flash? Also do i need to remove or wipe my old OS before attempting to flash this one with fastboot?

Gapps are flashed via TWRP right after flashing all the image files. No, just follow the flashing instructions provided in the OP.

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I couldn't get this rom to work. I don't know why. I've tried numerous times as well as other roms for the device. Only thing I can think is that I took the most recent OTA update

Download the latest adb/fastboot platform-tools. Extract the zip file. Open a command prompt in that platform-tools folder then flash all the image files from within that directory. You can just drag and drop the files into terminal.

Perhaps if you try going back to the stock ROM and making sure that VoLTE is enabled in Network Settings and then confirming you have 4G, you should still have it when you wipe and flash a custom ROM such as this.
I had LTE issues on my other Motos and this is the solution which worked for me.:good:

Awesome! I just found a new version on afh or somewhere last night so I'll try to get wifi calling working first too. My luck is that Verizon doesn't have the retail version in the database thing but I'm pretty sure Volte worked today on Havoc but it's like I have to reboot to get it going. Airplane mode alone isn't enough to get it working.

I'll use the recovery tool in windows before I get nix back on it then install CR.

Thanks

I've read in other places about enabling wifi calling through some setting somewhere. Maybe build.prop. Who knows. It was working on this Sim before. I've read that it never wields on any custom Rom in the post

Does anyone know if the new gestures can be set to swipe back and hold to kill in CR.? Might not be good practice but I've been doing it since cm7.

Thanks everyone devs testers those who donate (something I need to do to several, I don't see me ever getting time to learn to build myself). Shouldn't be as hard since vache and others have done the hardest part already lol

Sent from my Moto G Stylus using XDA Labs

CorporalCactus

Apr 11, 2016
Awesome! I just found a new version on afh or somewhere last night so I'll try to get wifi calling working first too. My luck is that Verizon doesn't have the retail version in the database thing but I'm pretty sure Volte worked today on Havoc but it's like I have to reboot to get it going. Airplane mode alone isn't enough to get it working.

I'll use the recovery tool in windows before I get nix back on it then install CR.

Thanks

I've read in other places about enabling wifi calling through some setting somewhere. Maybe build.prop. Who knows. It was working on this Sim before. I've read that it never wields on any custom Rom in the post

Does anyone know if the new gestures can be set to swipe back and hold to kill in CR.? Might not be good practice but I've been doing it since cm7.

Thanks everyone devs testers those who donate (something I need to do to several, I don't see me ever getting time to learn to build myself). Shouldn't be as hard since vache and others have done the hardest part already lol
The gesture thing was the only thing I didn't like about this rom. There doesn't seem to be a way to get it back

CorporalCactus

Apr 11, 2016
Download the latest adb/fastboot platform-tools. Extract the zip file. Open a command prompt in that platform-tools folder then flash all the image files from within that directory. You can just drag and drop the files into terminal.
Hwy buddy, we briefly discussed twrp backups not working in a different thread. I'm still not able to get backups to work with this rom. I'm getting this error

CorporalCactus

Apr 11, 2016
Easy problem to solve. Not enough space for the backup.. look at the error messege.
I pulled this from the log file

``Updating partition details...
I:checking for twrp app
I:[MTP] created new mtpserver object
E:[MTP] Failed to start usb driver!I:[MTP] mtppipe add storage 65537 '/data/media/0'
I:[MTP] mtppipe add storage 65538 '/external_sd'
I:Data backup size is 10076MB, free: 94559MB.
...done
I:Is encrypted, do decrypt page first
I:Switching packages (TWRP)
I:Set page: 'decrypt'``

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

I pulled this from the log file

``Updating partition details...
I:checking for twrp app
I:[MTP] created new mtpserver object
E:[MTP] Failed to start usb driver!I:[MTP] mtppipe add storage 65537 '/data/media/0'
I:[MTP] mtppipe add storage 65538 '/external_sd'
I:Data backup size is 10076MB, free: 94559MB.
...done
I:Is encrypted, do decrypt page first
I:Switching packages (TWRP)
I:Set page: 'decrypt'``

It looks like I have more then enough space, it says the backup is 10gb, I have well over that on my sd

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
actually touch doesn't work just fine. go to the twrp thread and you can see unless you have a otg mouse you can't use the slider to flash anything. I'd like to run this rom but without being able to use gapps I can't.

Stop making excuses, just because some people say TWRP isn't working for them on another thread.
I have had no problems with it. Touch, swipe even backups have worked for me.
You're request for a ROM with Gapps built in is denied.
I have never and will not build them into any of my builds.
You should do a little bit of your own investigation and not just just follow what other people have said.
If TWRP didn't work for me then I would have said so.
Can you use any other ROM that was built for this device without Gapps built in?

Reactions: Zavrina

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
Stop making excuses, just because some people say TWRP isn't working for them on another thread.
I have had no problems with it. Touch, swipe even backups have worked for me.
You're request for a ROM with Gapps built in is denied.
I have never and will not build them into any of my builds.
You should do a little bit of your own investigation and not just just follow what other people have said.
If TWRP didn't work for me then I would have said so.
Can you use any other ROM that was built for this device without Gapps built in?

I'm not making excuses. I flashed twrp and it doesn't work. I'm not just going by what people say. I'm not sure if your running some super secret build of twrp but I've read the majority of users including me have touch issues and can't use the slider to flash anything. I guess I'll have to wait until the dev fixes twrp to run your rom.

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
I'm not making excuses. I flashed twrp and it doesn't work. I'm not just going by what people say. I'm not sure if your running some super secret build of twrp but I've read the majority of users including me have touch issues and can't use the slider to flash anything. I guess I'll have to wait until the dev fixes twrp to run your rom.

What device do you have model number?
I will make an effort to do a build with Gapps when the next security patch rolls out.
Other ROM developers for this device have had no issus with TWRP.
I just don't want to fire up my VM just for that alone.

please make a version with gapps built in. twrp does not work to side load or flash.

To the OP do what YOU want, but I hope for the love of god that you don't make it with GAPPS a plain CR-Droid with choice of GAPPS or NO-GAPPS I believe is what the CR is about. I mean it comes with signature spoofing for a reason.. AND IT AINT GAPPS!

No offense to anyone who uses them, I can see the draw, because everything is so convenient which is what a big company who plays fast and loose with user data wants. But with other options like easily hosting your own Nextcloud at home, on a remote machine, or even with a trusted provider is my preference. It's not that hard to switch.

I hope I just get it re-installed in the next day or two..

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
To the OP do what YOU want, but I hope for the love of god that you don't make it with GAPPS a plain CR-Droid with choice of GAPPS or NO-GAPPS I believe is what the CR is about. I mean it comes with signature spoofing for a reason.. AND IT AINT GAPPS!

No offense to anyone who uses them, I can see the draw, because everything is so convenient which is what a big company who plays fast and loose with user data wants. But with other options like easily hosting your own Nextcloud at home, on a remote machine, or even with a trusted provider is my preference. It's not that hard to switch.

I hope I just get it re-installed in the next day or two..
Since this device isn't official yet, I will provide to separate versions for users to chose from..
It will keep my most people happy for a while.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing:
    1. Extract the zip and open a shell with ADB and fastboot.
    2. Reboot your device into fastbootd mode.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    3. Flash boot, system, product, and vbmeta.
    Code:
    fastboot set_active a
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    4. Wipe userdata.
    Code:
    fastboot -w

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682946741

XDA:DevDB Information
    CrDroid Unofficial, ROM for the Moto G Stylus

Contributors
    Rondeau79
    Source Code: https://git.asineth.gq/android_kernel_motorola_trinket/tree/?h=android-10-release-qpe&id=0d7d02f3b51c6cd4dc027b6a83c24144ad12bd06

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader Stock Recovery
    Based On: LOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: QQ3A.200805.001
    Stable Release Date: 2020-09-25

Created 2020-09-27
    Last Updated 2020-09-27
    Curious, does this rom have any mirroring/casting issues like the other custom roms I've seen for the Moto G Stylus?

Yep, all roms except omni rom have that bug
    I can't express my thanks enough for this ROM. Variety sometimes a weakness of opensource, is great. I mean the Omni is a stable and a good ROM based on AOSP, which I like and has served me well for the past month or two.

But, I like the plethora of options available in a CR-Droid or Havoc style ROM. They include many items that I'd normally try to add anyway such as network speed in the status bar. AlthI'vough thie iteration of the Network speed feature I find very difficult to read. I do need stronger glasses as I'm no longer a young "whipper snapper" so maybe it's just me. I don't want to use the screen sizing feature.

Sorry , Just super excited. So far, and remember I haven't tried each option, the ROM has been smooth and everything seems to be working.

PS I saw the ROM just by chance early this morning EST when I just out of nowhere decided to search AFH for sophia ROM's and anything else I might find.. I saw like 4 downloads on the latest build and was so excited I immediately downloaded and installed it. I didn't take time to check XDA to see if it was released there or on a telegram or other group app. Fastboot all the way.

Going to get back outside and be productive I suppose while listening to whatever on my CR-Droid ROM with VIPER. and no GAPPS

Thank goodness. I'll have microg on by tonight.

Thanks again to both Rondeau, vache, testers and everyone who has made custom Firmeware a reality on the Moto G Stylus.
    thank you for this, I always loved crdroid

I was on the latest stock RETUS firmware and using tmobile and decided to give this a go
    After installing it and booting to the homescreen, i noticed there werent any gapps so i twrp flashed pico gapps via https://opengapps.org/ along with Magisk v21 via https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

So far it looks like everything important is working. Wifi, LTE, bluetooth, vibration, sound, GPS, gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity

For what it's worth, SafetyNet passes as well!

Edit: I see the device name is listed as moto g8 power not sure if it matters

This is the same device as the G8 power, just with a smaller battery and a stylus.
    I have been running this ROM on my stylus since I built it. Gotta work a few issues out. Want to make this official soon.
    Hi i had terrible flashing the April build. In TWRP and using fastboot. Which build from April works. Preferablly w/o gapps.

Tanks a bunch

EDIT: I apologize for putting this in the wrong thread.
    I will have a May security patch update here soon.