• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][CrDroid][UNOFFICIAL][RAV*/SOFIA*][6.X]

Search This thread
Android Auto!!!! (think boxing/fighting announcer introducing a fighter)

Has anyone confirmed if "Android Auto" works on this rom.
I can't find a custom rom that works only stock roms..

I'll give it a go tomorrow or today depending on where you are in the world. The rest is simply a long TLDR question of my own. Skipp the hidden part if you want it doesn't contain much related to the thread if anything.

I've never used it on stock or anything. I'll try tomorrow for the sake of learning to operate the electronic gadfetry installed in new module. It's only new because it'd been waiting months and hearing a definitive "Yeah we ccan definitely fix it no problem to hearing a "You need to pick up your 14 year old low milage xterra before we start charging you 60 bucks a day just to let it sit there" Bullshit. Anyway 2021 Civic, my Avatar used to be and may still be the tachometer from an older model SI I also once owned

Anyway, I'll try it tomorrow just to see what all the hubbubb is about. I'm a diehard Nextcloud/Microg user on my phones so it may not even run but I'll give it hell. It's got a decent set of mids and highs from the factory but needs bottom end badly. Like a couple 12in Stilwater Designs Subs or JL Audio. It's been a long time since I was into car audio but every car sold now a days sells them with digital audio of some sort, AM/FM, Usb or SD reader, and Android or Apple Car Play. I'll bing it I suppose thouigh, just bing it, bing it, or duckduckgo it.

Since you have an aftermarket receiver, are you planning on adding aftermarket speakers or subs? And what do you think could be the biggest attraction to a cranky ol geek kind of guy who doesn't give his headunit permission to read contacts through bluetooth

My next post will be about how friggin awesome this ROM has been so far!!! It certainly shows that it's been through a couple iterations. Quick question, is there anyway to have the ROM detect which phone Moto G V8 we're on and fix it in the build prop or wherever it needs to be fixed and or does it even matter?

Are they identical except for the bigger battery or stylus option?

I'm going to fix it either way myself it it only requres editing a few files. Just for ****'s and giggle's. One thing I did before installing was to use the Recovery tool to go back to stock from Havoc for safe measure. I had hell getting my device recogonized by the recovery tool lol. And even after entering the device name manually the start button or whatever it's named was greyed out. But it's going and it's going freaking awesome! so far. I live right on the Virginia Kentucky line in the Appalachian Mountains and have Big Red or Verizon, but I'm in what's called their "extemded area" a fancy way of saying roaming. I'm not charged or anything and generally my service is reliable no matter which state I happen to be in, KY,VA,TN,WV,NC, etc I need to find out what frequencies they operate on. I do know that a while back one of the phones they were selling was a sprint varient, but I'm sure they have CDMA workshop or something to fix just about anything.

Anyway, around here on every rom I've tried up until now, I had to airplane mode or most likely reboot in order to get data humming especially in the "extended network area?

In all fairness, I hadn't tried LOS whose OP stated that data was working on verizon. Maybe CR has the same patch? I need to try to get substratum working even though the stock system is plenty good.

Many, many, many, thanks to the CR-Droid Developers, All the other devs from other projects on this phone or others, just everyone who made it possible.I hate sounding like I just won an award, but installing a ROM and learning that it working great certainly feels like a reward in my opinion.

May I inquire as to what specs your build box has or what you recommend> I just bought a lenovo legion 5 with the AMD 4600h and the lesser nvidia card both for cost and for battery savings and less heat production. I'm hoping that with a slight ram upgrade, I should be able to compile the hell out of some ROMs and Kernels, I just can't find time right now as I'm getting ready for winter and such.

I forgot some very very important people to thank in my acceptance speech, the Maintainer of this particular ROM and the dev's of the other roms, especialy the guy who build OMNI really quick. And I must thank those to tested and reported errors..

With best regards I remain,

Very Truly Yours
griz

I just can't imagine what it could provide to a user that you don't already have unless you can add performance widgets and so on to the touchscreen. I think I did see something similar to that

The gesture thing was the only thing I didn't like about this rom. There doesn't seem to be a way to get it back

See correction at the bottom

I had the regular moto/stock gestures working but I don't remember seeing the back to kill feature. In Havoc you can swipe back and hold for a half second or so and kill the foreground app. I still haven't had time to go back to stock and flash the latest CR but hopefully this weekend.

Ps the swipe and hold back to kill is there in CR settings at the main bottom of the stock navbar settings page, which is under navigation in CR settings. The gesture settings are at the main top

Edit to clarify i think
Edit#2 i was wrong it's under navigation, stock navbar settings. Sorry for the mistake.

Sent from my Moto G Stylus using XDA Labs

Last edited:
i have issues with touch screen in twrp as well on the stylus so what i did was flashed gapps with ex kernel manager. you just need to be rooted and pick a smaller gapps package because if you dont you will get error code 70. it will run through the whole install and at the end tell you that flash failed but just immediately reboot your device and you will see that gapps installed just fine. until this twrp mess is sorted out thats good enough for me. im currently looking for a thread with a custom kernel posted for the stylus that unencrypts for twrp and i think it said fixes touch screen issues but i cant locate the post again. if anyone knows what im talking about can you please point me in the right direction?

CorporalCactus

Apr 11, 2016
I had the regular moto/stock gestures working but I don't remember seeing the back to kill feature. In Havoc you can swipe back and hold for a half second or so and kill the foreground app. I still haven't had time to go back to stock and flash the latest CR but hopefully this weekend.

Ps the swipe and hold back to kill is there in CR settings at the main bottom of the buttons screen. The gesture settings are at the main top

Edit to clarify i think
I stand corrected, I guess I just missed it!

i have issues with touch screen in twrp as well on the stylus so what i did was flashed gapps with ex kernel manager. you just need to be rooted and pick a smaller gapps package because if you dont you will get error code 70. it will run through the whole install and at the end tell you that flash failed but just immediately reboot your device and you will see that gapps installed just fine. until this twrp mess is sorted out thats good enough for me. im currently looking for a thread with a custom kernel posted for the stylus that unencrypts for twrp and i think it said fixes touch screen issues but i cant locate the post again. if anyone knows what im talking about can you please point me in the right direction?

I saw a custom kernel posted in the OP of the havoc thread but haven't seen any info about it

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Apologies if it's mentioned elsewhere or perhaps in the telegram group but is the latest update to be flashed in twrp or how?

dandu3

Nov 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Moto G Power
I gotta question for @Rondeau79; how are you supposed to install release 6.12? I tried to flash it in TWRP but I have no idea how tf A/B works, but it never booted when by default it flashed to the B slot, and I tried "tricking" it by flashing it with TWRP on slot B so it went to A, and it seemed to have worked as now when I'm getting into the OS, enter my SIM PIN in and the systemUI crashes shortly after. I tried reflashing gapps, but I might be missing something. I was running 6.11 on my g8 power. thanks

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
I gotta question for @Rondeau79; how are you supposed to install release 6.12? I tried to flash it in TWRP but I have no idea how tf A/B works, but it never booted when by default it flashed to the B slot, and I tried "tricking" it by flashing it with TWRP on slot B so it went to A, and it seemed to have worked as now when I'm getting into the OS, enter my SIM PIN in and the systemUI crashes shortly after. I tried reflashing gapps, but I might be missing something. I was running 6.11 on my g8 power. thanks

From 6.11
Install TWRP latest build.
Format user data reboot into recovery
Flash CrDroid 6.12
Reboot to recovery
Flash a smaller Gapps package wipe dalvik
Reboot into system.
Setup ROM and then flash Magisk for root.

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
hmm, I was really hoping to avoid doing that. do you have a changelog for this version?

Or install the latest TWRP
Format user data
Install an earlier version of CrDroid via image flashing
Flash Gapps
Boot into system and setup the ROM
Then boot into recovery flash the fully flashable zip
Reboot into recovery and flash a smaller Gapps package
Then reboot.

bubbyj

Dec 31, 2015
Or install the latest TWRP
Format user data
Install an earlier version of CrDroid via image flashing
Flash Gapps
Boot into system and setup the ROM
Then boot into recovery flash the fully flashable zip
Reboot into recovery and flash a smaller Gapps package
Then reboot.

I see you have a crDroid 11 build up on you afh profile. Do you mind if I give it a go?

Anything special i gotta do. Does it have to come from crdroid 10? Like the 6.12 update.

Or can i just download the separate files you havev poisted -- boot, product, system, vbmeta and then do a regular flash of each?

Thank you for your hard work. I've rather enjoyed my experience so far!

axionjaxion

Dec 6, 2020
I see you have a crDroid 11 build up on you afh profile. Do you mind if I give it a go?

Anything special i gotta do. Does it have to come from crdroid 10? Like the 6.12 update.

Or can i just download the separate files you havev poisted -- boot, product, system, vbmeta and then do a regular flash of each?

i'm pretty positive that the boot, product, system, and vbmeta imgs that are posted on AFH under crDroid 11 are actually just a fastboot flashable version of crDroid 6.12. I flashed those instead of using the zip and it worked perfectly. I was also coming from HavocOS rather than crDroid as well.

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
i'm pretty positive that the boot, product, system, and vbmeta imgs that are posted on AFH under crDroid 11 are actually just a fastboot flashable version of crDroid 6.12. I flashed those instead of using the zip and it worked perfectly. I was also coming from HavocOS rather than crDroid as well.

Check your info in about phone, then you will know

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016

Yes, that is a Crdroid 11 v 7.0 up on afh. Those are fastbootd images. You would need to flash clean on that. Just don't flash Gapps they break boot.

Reactions: griz.droidx
I am trying ting to get away from bigred. My understanding a long time ago was that T-mo (which is what tthey suggested) is GSM but I don't understand how they integrated the Sprint CDMA towers or antennas or whatever they have to do. At any rate I can't get big red to let me use wifi calling but tmo will. But my data on TMO has been zilch. I did as suggested and went back to stock, while testing on the road (shopping for holidays) I brought my laptop and wen't back to stock.

For me data now works better with big red. but again Zero wifi calling.

Oh and someone mentioned the minor differences in roms. Is the battery capacity set in build.prop, I know I can change the device name in there but I haven't looked for battery capacity, Are the kernel sources the same for both devices?

Any suggestions?
THanks a bunch for this and Havoc both.
Both have been long time favorites. CR has been around longer though.

I haven't tried the newer CR stuff but I'm guessing if it works on Havoc it should work on CR. I mean the source for the device doesn't change.

Parts of this are much too long so Apologies in advance.. All my posts are TLDR.. Even when I explain something about something to a friend its way too long but my best friend is helping me with that.. By cutting me off and such.

Pardon me if its been discussed elsewhere but I'm not in the tele group for all these roms. Some of whats useful on there should be posted here so it's not asked a billion times. But I digress.

I tried Android 11 last night and got it rooted thanks to the help from posts in other sections of XDA/Google.

Basically get the latest alpha or beta actually its called canary just like with chromium. So get the latest carary build and youre golden.. Problem solved. I've you have rooted before you already know how. I just patched the bootimage.. I was actually lucky, I read about users phones bootlooping after trying to boot an image patched with the latest stable.

For what it's worth.. Bluetooth wouldn't pair with my car or watch. It turns off right when trying to add a new device.

Thanks for the early build. I appreciate it. If bluetooth is working for everyone else.. I have no idea what I did wrong.

Thanks for all the builds CR and Havoc both. I prefer havoc, but CR is probably more stable and I know you want CR to become official so I totally understand you devoting time to CR. But should you decide to update havoc without gapps. I'll definitely give it a go.. LOL

Actually the only think I really like better that I've found so far is the way havoc handles swiping back to kill. With havoc, you swipe back hold for your pre-determined amount of time and it kills the foregound app. Not a deal breake by far only a preference.

I finially got my new lappy. A legion 5 with the AMD 4600h and 1650ti. I haven't finished setting up my distro on there but do you guys think I can build a ROM in a reasonable amount of time on this? It only has 8 GB RAM which will be upgraded very soon to 32 along. I've already upgraded both the NVME with a Samsung 1GB and the spinning rust with a SSD of the same 1GB size. These Pie and Q builds have been huuggee even without gapps. welll bigger than they used to be(of course) I plan to learn to build myself as soon as I get my distro installed along with a working kernel with the touchpad patch. Yeah the Friggitng t-pad on a otherwise really nice lenovo doesn't play well with existing drivers and kernels. That's not a must but I'd like to have it right before I start installing.stuff and setting Plasma up (please don't hate it's rather lightweight -Plasma that is) hell, they sell a pinebook pro with manjaro kde.. lol. Im pretty sure.

Anyway thanks once again.

Also If I compile on a Linux distro can I make that Nvidia GPU help with that instead of sitting idly by?

Thanks again.for everything and to evey dev, tester, and user who got things up and running on this device.

PS To anyone who's never been hit in the mouth yet checkout noagendashow.com for the truth about whats going on in the media with sources to back up their statements.

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
Parts of this are much too long so Apologies in advance.. All my posts are TLDR.. Even when I explain something about something to a friend its way too long but my best friend is helping me with that.. By cutting me off and such.

Pardon me if its been discussed elsewhere but I'm not in the tele group for all these roms. Some of whats useful on there should be posted here so it's not asked a billion times. But I digress.

I tried Android 11 last night and got it rooted thanks to the help from posts in other sections of XDA/Google.

Basically get the latest alpha or beta actually its called canary just like with chromium. So get the latest carary build and youre golden.. Problem solved. I've you have rooted before you already know how. I just patched the bootimage.. I was actually lucky, I read about users phones bootlooping after trying to boot an image patched with the latest stable.

For what it's worth.. Bluetooth wouldn't pair with my car or watch. It turns off right when trying to add a new device.

Thanks for the early build. I appreciate it. If bluetooth is working for everyone else.. I have no idea what I did wrong.

Thanks for all the builds CR and Havoc both. I prefer havoc, but CR is probably more stable and I know you want CR to become official so I totally understand you devoting time to CR. But should you decide to update havoc without gapps. I'll definitely give it a go.. LOL

Actually the only think I really like better that I've found so far is the way havoc handles swiping back to kill. With havoc, you swipe back hold for your pre-determined amount of time and it kills the foregound app. Not a deal breake by far only a preference.

I finially got my new lappy. A legion 5 with the AMD 4600h and 1650ti. I haven't finished setting up my distro on there but do you guys think I can build a ROM in a reasonable amount of time on this? It only has 8 GB RAM which will be upgraded very soon to 32 along. I've already upgraded both the NVME with a Samsung 1GB and the spinning rust with a SSD of the same 1GB size. These Pie and Q builds have been huuggee even without gapps. welll bigger than they used to be(of course) I plan to learn to build myself as soon as I get my distro installed along with a working kernel with the touchpad patch. Yeah the Friggitng t-pad on a otherwise really nice lenovo doesn't play well with existing drivers and kernels. That's not a must but I'd like to have it right before I start installing.stuff and setting Plasma up (please don't hate it's rather lightweight -Plasma that is) hell, they sell a pinebook pro with manjaro kde.. lol. Im pretty sure.

Anyway thanks once again.

Also If I compile on a Linux distro can I make that Nvidia GPU help with that instead of sitting idly by?

Thanks again.for everything and to evey dev, tester, and user who got things up and running on this device.

PS To anyone who's never been hit in the mouth yet checkout noagendashow.com for the truth about whats going on in the media with sources to back up their statements.
I don't build or maintain Havoc. I only build CR!
Thanks for all the positive notes!

gotta ask before i flash, in RR (my goto always have my note 4 running android 10 to this day thanks to them) i cannot get gapps, any package installed, encrypted state. the norm of formatting no longer works and the fastboot to disable vbmeta i dont believe would work as this phone is fbe no meta for encryption, but thats just going off build.prop and what google says on their android site. tbh i just want root permission with ability to fix anything i do wrong with restore from twrp, already fixed 3 bootloops in a weeks time trying to get twrp decrypted
any help is amazing although from reading these threads i have it made no touch issues can get all roms flash, magisk, twrp, just no gapps, only really need playstore and playgames. the rest is junk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing:
    1. Extract the zip and open a shell with ADB and fastboot.
    2. Reboot your device into fastbootd mode.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    3. Flash boot, system, product, and vbmeta.
    Code:
    fastboot set_active a
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    4. Wipe userdata.
    Code:
    fastboot -w

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682946741

XDA:DevDB Information
    CrDroid Unofficial, ROM for the Moto G Stylus

Contributors
    Rondeau79
    Source Code: https://git.asineth.gq/android_kernel_motorola_trinket/tree/?h=android-10-release-qpe&id=0d7d02f3b51c6cd4dc027b6a83c24144ad12bd06

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader Stock Recovery
    Based On: LOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: QQ3A.200805.001
    Stable Release Date: 2020-09-25

Created 2020-09-27
    Last Updated 2020-09-27
    Curious, does this rom have any mirroring/casting issues like the other custom roms I've seen for the Moto G Stylus?

Yep, all roms except omni rom have that bug
    I can't express my thanks enough for this ROM. Variety sometimes a weakness of opensource, is great. I mean the Omni is a stable and a good ROM based on AOSP, which I like and has served me well for the past month or two.

But, I like the plethora of options available in a CR-Droid or Havoc style ROM. They include many items that I'd normally try to add anyway such as network speed in the status bar. AlthI'vough thie iteration of the Network speed feature I find very difficult to read. I do need stronger glasses as I'm no longer a young "whipper snapper" so maybe it's just me. I don't want to use the screen sizing feature.

Sorry , Just super excited. So far, and remember I haven't tried each option, the ROM has been smooth and everything seems to be working.

PS I saw the ROM just by chance early this morning EST when I just out of nowhere decided to search AFH for sophia ROM's and anything else I might find.. I saw like 4 downloads on the latest build and was so excited I immediately downloaded and installed it. I didn't take time to check XDA to see if it was released there or on a telegram or other group app. Fastboot all the way.

Going to get back outside and be productive I suppose while listening to whatever on my CR-Droid ROM with VIPER. and no GAPPS

Thank goodness. I'll have microg on by tonight.

Thanks again to both Rondeau, vache, testers and everyone who has made custom Firmeware a reality on the Moto G Stylus.
    thank you for this, I always loved crdroid

I was on the latest stock RETUS firmware and using tmobile and decided to give this a go
    After installing it and booting to the homescreen, i noticed there werent any gapps so i twrp flashed pico gapps via https://opengapps.org/ along with Magisk v21 via https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

So far it looks like everything important is working. Wifi, LTE, bluetooth, vibration, sound, GPS, gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity

For what it's worth, SafetyNet passes as well!

Edit: I see the device name is listed as moto g8 power not sure if it matters

This is the same device as the G8 power, just with a smaller battery and a stylus.
    I have been running this ROM on my stylus since I built it. Gotta work a few issues out. Want to make this official soon.
    Hi i had terrible flashing the April build. In TWRP and using fastboot. Which build from April works. Preferablly w/o gapps.

Tanks a bunch

EDIT: I apologize for putting this in the wrong thread.
    I will have a May security patch update here soon.