• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][CrDroid][UNOFFICIAL][RAV*/SOFIA*][6.X]

Search This thread

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
gotta ask before i flash, in RR (my goto always have my note 4 running android 10 to this day thanks to them) i cannot get gapps, any package installed, encrypted state. the norm of formatting no longer works and the fastboot to disable vbmeta i dont believe would work as this phone is fbe no meta for encryption, but thats just going off build.prop and what google says on their android site. tbh i just want root permission with ability to fix anything i do wrong with restore from twrp, already fixed 3 bootloops in a weeks time trying to get twrp decrypted
any help is amazing although from reading these threads i have it made no touch issues can get all roms flash, magisk, twrp, just no gapps, only really need playstore and playgames. the rest is junk.

You should be able to use open gapps pico package with RR.

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
Please keep other ROM questions in those threads.
I don't maintain or develop those.
This is a CrDroid thread why are people bringing up questions about other ROMs here? Please keep things in line thanks!

bubbyj

Dec 31, 2015
Totally my bad on that one... Is it all GAPPS packages that break boot on 11?

No, I have successfully flashed gapps without any issues with boot. But, the issue is that gapps is basically useless. For instance, I'll have play store.. but can't log in due to it not recognizing play services. If I manually install play services through an apk, it still pops up message saying that play store is broken without google play services.

Using a second g-package from another developer, I was able to successfully boot. And even download from play store. However, it was buggy and super slow. Also caused my CPU utilization to not drop below 50%, severely harming batter life and performance. Contact and photo sync was also broken. I followed a few guides to use googlecontactsync adapter apks, and still was broken.

Open gapps doesn't make an android 11 package yet.

I ended up going back to an android 10 based rom. Honestly, based upon what I know about android 11 vs 10.. there's not much difference. I know there's supposedly a hundred plus new features and tricks in it, but literally nothing that Ill ever use. If battery life or performance is increased in 11, I'd probably be more interested. But not at this point.

Good luck y'all! Happy holidays.

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
No, I have successfully flashed gapps without any issues with boot. But, the issue is that gapps is basically useless. For instance, I'll have play store.. but can't log in due to it not recognizing play services. If I manually install play services through an apk, it still pops up message saying that play store is broken without google play services.

Using a second g-package from another developer, I was able to successfully boot. And even download from play store. However, it was buggy and super slow. Also caused my CPU utilization to not drop below 50%, severely harming batter life and performance. Contact and photo sync was also broken. I followed a few guides to use googlecontactsync adapter apks, and still was broken.

Open gapps doesn't make an android 11 package yet.

I ended up going back to an android 10 based rom. Honestly, based upon what I know about android 11 vs 10.. there's not much difference. I know there's supposedly a hundred plus new features and tricks in it, but literally nothing that Ill ever use. If battery life or performance is increased in 11, I'd probably be more interested. But not at this point.

Good luck y'all! Happy holidays.

Check sourceforge for open gapps test builds, but they dont work anyway for the crdroid 11 build shared on afh.
What you want is weeb gapps magisk module. I dont have a link, but i can confirm they work.

gatorz_4z

Dec 18, 2020
Maybe someone here can give me some fresh insight. I am trying to flash crDroid using fastboot coming off a stock rom. Bootloader is unlocked. Upon flashing the files posted by Rondeau79, I get this error messages in bold below. Please advise what could I possibly could be doing wrong. I did not see anyone have these errors on the entire post.

C:\Desktop\FreshCRDROID\platform-tools>fastboot set_active a
Setting current slot to 'a'...
OKAY [ 0.259s]
finished. total time: 0.267s

C:\Desktop\FreshCRDROID\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot boot.img
target reported max download size of 805263360 bytes
sending 'boot_a' (65536 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.722s]
writing 'boot_a'...
OKAY [ 0.636s]
finished. total time: 3.373s

C:\Desktop\FreshCRDROID\platform-tools>fastboot flash system system.img
sending sparse 'system_a' 1/2 (786388 KB)...
OKAY [ 29.390s]
writing 'system_a' 1/2...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)

finished. total time: 29.429s

C:/Desktop\FreshCRDROID\platform-tools>fastboot flash product product.img
sending 'product_a' (616088 KB)...
OKAY [ 25.746s]
writing 'product_a'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)

finished. total time: 25.780s

C:/Desktop\FreshCRDROID\platform-tools>fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
sending 'vbmeta_a' (4 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.039s]
writing 'vbmeta_a'...
(bootloader) WARNING: vbmeta_a anti rollback downgrade, 0 vs 3
OKAY [ 0.039s]

finished. total time: 0.090s

C:\Desktop\FreshCRDROID\platform-tools>fastboot -w
wiping userdata...
Erase successful, but not automatically formatting.
File system type raw not supported.
erasing 'userdata'...

OKAY [ 0.354s]
finished. total time: 0.361s

moslondon

Sep 30, 2012
Dallas
Parts of this are much too long so Apologies in advance.. All my posts are TLDR.. Even when I explain something about something to a friend its way too long but my best friend is helping me with that.. By cutting me off and such.

Pardon me if its been discussed elsewhere but I'm not in the tele group for all these roms. Some of whats useful on there should be posted here so it's not asked a billion times. But I digress.

I tried Android 11 last night and got it rooted thanks to the help from posts in other sections of XDA/Google.

Basically get the latest alpha or beta actually its called canary just like with chromium. So get the latest carary build and youre golden.. Problem solved. I've you have rooted before you already know how. I just patched the bootimage.. I was actually lucky, I read about users phones bootlooping after trying to boot an image patched with the latest stable.

For what it's worth.. Bluetooth wouldn't pair with my car or watch. It turns off right when trying to add a new device.

Thanks for the early build. I appreciate it. If bluetooth is working for everyone else.. I have no idea what I did wrong.

Thanks for all the builds CR and Havoc both. I prefer havoc, but CR is probably more stable and I know you want CR to become official so I totally understand you devoting time to CR. But should you decide to update havoc without gapps. I'll definitely give it a go.. LOL

Actually the only think I really like better that I've found so far is the way havoc handles swiping back to kill. With havoc, you swipe back hold for your pre-determined amount of time and it kills the foregound app. Not a deal breake by far only a preference.

I finially got my new lappy. A legion 5 with the AMD 4600h and 1650ti. I haven't finished setting up my distro on there but do you guys think I can build a ROM in a reasonable amount of time on this? It only has 8 GB RAM which will be upgraded very soon to 32 along. I've already upgraded both the NVME with a Samsung 1GB and the spinning rust with a SSD of the same 1GB size. These Pie and Q builds have been huuggee even without gapps. welll bigger than they used to be(of course) I plan to learn to build myself as soon as I get my distro installed along with a working kernel with the touchpad patch. Yeah the Friggitng t-pad on a otherwise really nice lenovo doesn't play well with existing drivers and kernels. That's not a must but I'd like to have it right before I start installing.stuff and setting Plasma up (please don't hate it's rather lightweight -Plasma that is) hell, they sell a pinebook pro with manjaro kde.. lol. Im pretty sure.

Anyway thanks once again.

Also If I compile on a Linux distro can I make that Nvidia GPU help with that instead of sitting idly by?

Thanks again.for everything and to evey dev, tester, and user who got things up and running on this device.

PS To anyone who's never been hit in the mouth yet checkout noagendashow.com for the truth about whats going on in the media with sources to back up their statements.
Do you still have issues with verizon? How is this rom with your carrier here in the US?

Do you still have issues with verizon? How is this rom with your carrier here in the US?

I'd need to get back on here to tell you (CR). But, I know this isn't the place, been on Havoc, and I think it's the

It works very well most of the time. I have to reboot to get data going occasionally when going from one state to another I have no logs I'm usually in Verizon's Extended Coverage or Roaming lol. For example people on Verizon's prepaid plan can't call out in the Roaming areas. It's a crazy place here and lots of mountains and deep valleys. Or. Hollers lol

PS I've tried turning data/airplane mode on and off checking that the correct APN is selected.

Many thanks again to the developers/beta testers/users for trying to make this device batter!

BlankEvery

Dec 4, 2014
Yep, all roms except omni rom have that bug

so i had been having very similar problem that ive read you have and also had problems with every room tried all solutions i could find...then i was in a moto g power thread and someone had mentioned that they were having similar issues and i kept reading ...and then the answer was right there i wasnt in fastbootd i was in fastboot ....i should have known but for some reason checking that completely sliped my mind anyways the fix before you start any installition type in this cmd

fastboot reboot fastboot

then try the installation and hopefully it works for ya ...it did for me :)

good luck

If i may, in addition to the above

fastboot reboot fastboot

Be sure to get the latest and greatest platform tools from android or a trusted source.

Don't assume they're recent because you've updated your distro or found at a trusted link. It's very simple to get the latest from Google with a search containing platform tools on their website/search engine/personal data aggregator.

darko454

Jul 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Having trouble with data. I remember the omni OP sold LTE data wouldn't work with Verizon but I never had any issues. 3g does work on this ROM but I don't know how to enable it without LTE on this one. I can't do it where you select those things as the only options are LTE/CDMA, global and LTE, GSM, UTMS I believe.

Any suggestions? I figured this ROM would use the same device code but I'm dumb on such things.

Sent from my Moto G Stylus using XDA Labs
hey did you get LTE working?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing:
    1. Extract the zip and open a shell with ADB and fastboot.
    2. Reboot your device into fastbootd mode.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    3. Flash boot, system, product, and vbmeta.
    Code:
    fastboot set_active a
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    4. Wipe userdata.
    Code:
    fastboot -w

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682946741

XDA:DevDB Information
    CrDroid Unofficial, ROM for the Moto G Stylus

Contributors
    Rondeau79
    Source Code: https://git.asineth.gq/android_kernel_motorola_trinket/tree/?h=android-10-release-qpe&id=0d7d02f3b51c6cd4dc027b6a83c24144ad12bd06

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader Stock Recovery
    Based On: LOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: QQ3A.200805.001
    Stable Release Date: 2020-09-25

Created 2020-09-27
    Last Updated 2020-09-27
    Curious, does this rom have any mirroring/casting issues like the other custom roms I've seen for the Moto G Stylus?

Yep, all roms except omni rom have that bug
    I can't express my thanks enough for this ROM. Variety sometimes a weakness of opensource, is great. I mean the Omni is a stable and a good ROM based on AOSP, which I like and has served me well for the past month or two.

But, I like the plethora of options available in a CR-Droid or Havoc style ROM. They include many items that I'd normally try to add anyway such as network speed in the status bar. AlthI'vough thie iteration of the Network speed feature I find very difficult to read. I do need stronger glasses as I'm no longer a young "whipper snapper" so maybe it's just me. I don't want to use the screen sizing feature.

Sorry , Just super excited. So far, and remember I haven't tried each option, the ROM has been smooth and everything seems to be working.

PS I saw the ROM just by chance early this morning EST when I just out of nowhere decided to search AFH for sophia ROM's and anything else I might find.. I saw like 4 downloads on the latest build and was so excited I immediately downloaded and installed it. I didn't take time to check XDA to see if it was released there or on a telegram or other group app. Fastboot all the way.

Going to get back outside and be productive I suppose while listening to whatever on my CR-Droid ROM with VIPER. and no GAPPS

Thank goodness. I'll have microg on by tonight.

Thanks again to both Rondeau, vache, testers and everyone who has made custom Firmeware a reality on the Moto G Stylus.
    thank you for this, I always loved crdroid

I was on the latest stock RETUS firmware and using tmobile and decided to give this a go
    After installing it and booting to the homescreen, i noticed there werent any gapps so i twrp flashed pico gapps via https://opengapps.org/ along with Magisk v21 via https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

So far it looks like everything important is working. Wifi, LTE, bluetooth, vibration, sound, GPS, gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity

For what it's worth, SafetyNet passes as well!

Edit: I see the device name is listed as moto g8 power not sure if it matters

This is the same device as the G8 power, just with a smaller battery and a stylus.
    I have been running this ROM on my stylus since I built it. Gotta work a few issues out. Want to make this official soon.
    Hi i had terrible flashing the April build. In TWRP and using fastboot. Which build from April works. Preferablly w/o gapps.

Tanks a bunch

EDIT: I apologize for putting this in the wrong thread.
    I will have a May security patch update here soon.