Search This thread

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Downloads
Official Website

Flashing Instructions:
Pre-installation:

*****Disclaimer*****
Important note before proceeding!!!
The copy A/B partitions zip is crucial in order to prevent bricks. It only needs to be done if you're coming from the stock ROM or you recently restored stock firmware manually. Other wise without it you can brick due to Motorola's A/B partition scheme.
Only use TWRP version 3.3.1-0, it has an advanced option for recovery bootloop fix. Sorry for some hassles with TWRP. It is not ROM related but the version I use works 100% of the time.
My apologies for any confusion/problems flashing!

Preparation for A/B Roms:
01. Download TWRP version 3.3.1-0 (do not use any other version)
02. Remove your google account under Settings > Accounts then factory reset your device as FRP is enforced.
03. Unlock your bootloader
04. Use the terminal to boot the latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
05. While on Slot_A Flash copypartitions.zip (This step only needs to be completed Once only after updating from stock factory firmware.)
06. While in TWRP choose Reboot > bootloader
07. Now you're ready for ROM Steps below

ROM - Installation:
01. Download the ROM.
02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
03. Wipe data, dalvik, system and internal storage, then format userdata.
04. Flash ROM.zip + TWRP_installer
05. Reboot > Recovery
06.Install Gapps + Magisk (if you choose)
07. Reboot > System

Updating (AKA 'dirty flash'):
01. Download the updated ROM
02. Boot into recovery
03. Install ROM.zip + TWRP_installer
04. Reboot > Recovery
05. flash GAPPS + Magisk (if you choose)
06. Reboot > System
Notes:
Any time your internal storage aka "Userdata" is from a stock install you must "format data" in recovery before using ROMS

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

SOURCES:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Changelog::
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/10.0/changelog_ocean.txt

Known issues:
<!-- list here -->

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

© 2020 GitHub, Inc.

XDA:DevDB Information
CrDroid, ROM for the Moto G7 Power

Contributors
Rondeau79
Source Code: https://github.com/Rondeau79/android_kernel_motorola_sdm632

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP unlocked bootloader
Based On: AOSP, Lineage OS

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: QQ2A.200305.003
Stable Release Date: 2020-03-22

Created 2020-03-22
Last Updated 2020-06-23

Last edited:

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
Ahh the ole triple posts. Don't you just love it when that happens. lol. Hell of a job on this! Will Android 10 for Ocean device ever be able to have an enforcing kernel or no? Probably waiting for source for 10/Q before messing with all that stuff? I'm just curious and figured I'd ask.. Awesome work!!!! :good:

Reactions: Rondeau79

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
Ahh the ole triple posts. Don't you just love it when that happens. lol. Hell of a job on this! Will Android 10 for Ocean device ever be able to have an enforcing kernel or no? Probably waiting for source for 10/Q before messing with all that stuff? I'm just curious and figured I'd ask.. Awesome work!!!! :good:

Thanks, this one was a tough task to get done. I don't mind a permissive kernel. I really don't dive too far into the Android system. I am a fan first and a developer second! I still really don't have an understanding of code and stuff. I just go with my instincts.

danny8

I performed a 'dirty flash' coming from crDroid 5.12 (based on Android 9).

I did not delete my Google account from the phone prior to flashing. This is the first time I've had problems upgrading crDroid. I realize it's also the first time I've done a major increment to the underlying Android OS.

Upon first boot I saw the new boot animation (it looks great!) but the phone did not complete booting after about ten minutes. I interrupted the boot by holding the power key. I tried wiping data. Later, I also tried re-formatting data partition (including built-internal media). I also tried re-installing the most recent version of crDroid 5.12 with no success with that as well.

Suggestions regarding the best way to correct this would be helpful and appreciated.

In the meantime, I'll look around and trying some other things. I hope it might be corrected without having to resort to ADB / PC connection, but I'll try whatever I can.

I don't know if this result is considered "a brick" because I can boot into TWRP.

Attachments

• previous.jpg
    previous.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1,084
Last edited:

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
I performed a 'dirty flash' coming from crDroid 5.12 (based on Android 9).

I did not delete my Google account from the phone prior to flashing. This is the first time I've had problems upgrading crDroid. I realize it's also the first time I've done a major increment to the underlying Android OS.

Upon first boot I saw the new boot animation (it looks great!) but the phone did not complete booting after about ten minutes. I interrupted the boot by holding the power key. I tried wiping data. Later, I also tried re-formatting data partition (including built-internal media). I also tried re-installing the most recent version of crDroid 5.12 with no success with that as well.

Suggestions regarding the best way to correct this would be helpful and appreciated.

In the meantime, I'll look around and trying some other things. I hope it might be corrected without having to resort to ADB / PC connection, but I'll try whatever I can.

I don't know if this result is considered "a brick" because I can boot into TWRP.

You are not bricked. When coming from one version of android to another a clean flash must be done. You can dirty flash after that. Wipe both boot slots and then go about flashing like normal. First boot takes a while. It won't boot without wiping the system partition.

Reactions: danny8

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
Excuse my ignorance, where do I have to install the rom, gapps and magisk, in slot A or B? Thank you in advance (sorry bad English)

With the A/B partitions scene. When you flash a ROM it will be installed to the opposite slot. If you are on A then the zip will be installed to B and vica versa. Gapps are flashed after you reboot to recovery when you are on the boot slot the ROM was installed on same as Magisk.

Reactions: inimegz and D13Gho

Johnfoo19

Dec 5, 2016
I've got every thing installed and running, but after setting up my apps (Chrome, messages, photos) app opening/closing is quite laggy. It become unusable after a couole hours.

cgrimm9

Sep 4, 2010
pie had the option of changing colors in the display settings I am not a fan of blue I like black and red. is this in a future update it was the main reason i uninstalled the other android 10 roms

n00b Samurai

Jun 11, 2010
Is there any way to set the position of the battery bar? like bottom of the screen or lower status bar because where default is top of screen you kinda miss half the bar because of the notch

barados742

Oct 28, 2013
Has anyone had any issues with mobile data not working after installing this ROM? I was able to make calls and send texts (I have Sprint, phone: Moto G7 Power X1995-5). I reflashed it and OEM locked back to stock firmware since mobile data was not working. Also, I did not have SD card since I don't have one

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
Is there any way to set the position of the battery bar? like bottom of the screen or lower status bar because where default is top of screen you kinda miss half the bar because of the notch

Sorry there isn't, I can't change the base features of the ROM. However you can change the color and thickness of the bar and it's position on the screen.
You can always adjust the screen in order to account for the notch. It's in the developer settings.

Rondeau79

Jun 19, 2016
Has anyone had any issues with mobile data not working after installing this ROM? I was able to make calls and send texts (I have Sprint, phone: Moto G7 Power X1995-5). I reflashed it and OEM locked back to stock firmware since mobile data was not working. Also, I did not have SD card since I don't have one

You need an external sdCard for flashing ROMs. Wiping the user partitions properly is essential for a properly working ROM. If you just have internal storage then the installation of an OS won't be done right.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Downloads
    Official Website

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:

*****Disclaimer*****
    Important note before proceeding!!!
    The copy A/B partitions zip is crucial in order to prevent bricks. It only needs to be done if you're coming from the stock ROM or you recently restored stock firmware manually. Other wise without it you can brick due to Motorola's A/B partition scheme.
    Only use TWRP version 3.3.1-0, it has an advanced option for recovery bootloop fix. Sorry for some hassles with TWRP. It is not ROM related but the version I use works 100% of the time.
    My apologies for any confusion/problems flashing!

Preparation for A/B Roms:
    01. Download TWRP version 3.3.1-0 (do not use any other version)
    02. Remove your google account under Settings > Accounts then factory reset your device as FRP is enforced.
    03. Unlock your bootloader
    04. Use the terminal to boot the latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    05. While on Slot_A Flash copypartitions.zip (This step only needs to be completed Once only after updating from stock factory firmware.)
    06. While in TWRP choose Reboot > bootloader
    07. Now you're ready for ROM Steps below

ROM - Installation:
    01. Download the ROM.
    02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
    03. Wipe data, dalvik, system and internal storage, then format userdata.
    04. Flash ROM.zip + TWRP_installer
    05. Reboot > Recovery
    06.Install Gapps + Magisk (if you choose)
    07. Reboot > System

Updating (AKA 'dirty flash'):
    01. Download the updated ROM
    02. Boot into recovery
    03. Install ROM.zip + TWRP_installer
    04. Reboot > Recovery
    05. flash GAPPS + Magisk (if you choose)
    06. Reboot > System
    Notes:
    Any time your internal storage aka "Userdata" is from a stock install you must "format data" in recovery before using ROMS

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

SOURCES:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Changelog::
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/10.0/changelog_ocean.txt

Known issues:
    <!-- list here -->

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

© 2020 GitHub, Inc.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CrDroid, ROM for the Moto G7 Power

Contributors
    Rondeau79
    Source Code: https://github.com/Rondeau79/android_kernel_motorola_sdm632

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP, Lineage OS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: QQ2A.200305.003
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-22

Created 2020-03-22
    Last Updated 2020-06-23
    This project has reached it's end of life.
    I am no longer supporting this device.
    I am privileged to have helped so many people over the last few years with this device.
    Thank you to everyone that has supported my work.

Thanks, this one was a tough task to get done. I don't mind a permissive kernel. I really don't dive too far into the Android system. I am a fan first and a developer second! I still really don't have an understanding of code and stuff. I just go with my instincts.
    You confirm what I wrote

The ROM install instructions are correct. Official TWRP for this device has been buggy for a long time. It will freeze and lose touch.
    . . .
    There is no difference in flashing instructions between this ROM version vs CrDroid PIE for this device.
    . . .
    Since CrDroid is based off of Lineage it automatically comes with Lineage recovery. That needs to be over written by flashing TWRP right after the ROM zip.
    . . .
    The A/B partitions layout has made it more complicated to flash ROMs.
    . . .
    I follow the same procedure every time I flash on this device, it works.
    You can always use another custom recovery if you choose.

@Rondeau79

First let me this is a great ROM -cRDoid 9 worked well and this one on Android 10 is better as wifi can now switch between the 5 and 2.4 ghx bands, but I am sorry - every post in this forum thread tells you what I said - and as do you also admit. This ROM is ideal for Direct WIFI tethering behind a VPN so it is not monitored or throttled.

But there is a difference between the gapps install point going from PIE to 10 as an upgrade

Certainly TWRP is not your fault - but where it is buggy it should be dropped from being used formally

I - like almost every other poster here used TWRP to boot a twrp img, and then either did the copy partitions zip, wiping and flashing the ROM - and that where most of them stopped and used some other way to get around the problem coming behind the next steps where it freezes up. Even the poster after mine - though a bit wordy -at his steps 8 and 9 does the same thing I did. See https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82660297&postcount=115

The crdoid ROM install should be done with a sdcard with the needed files on it in the phone - but no SIM in the phone - for reasons a first boot may tell the carrier when it tries to negotiate the tower the bootloader is unlocked and could get the device blocked on some carriers. This really should part of the instructions for safety reason too.

I first following the instructions installed the ROM and TWRP, and where I rebooted to recovery - TWRP came back frozen, so booted it from the PC as an image again and when I went to install gapps from the sdcard - it FAILED saying the version - gapps 10 was incorrect. Of course it was incorrect - the crdroid android 10 ROM had not been actually booted into a working, operating functioning system OS

II is possible the poster at https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82106383&postcount=10 installed the wrong gapps version through TWRP as it seems it will let you

At that point it then it became obvious to re-flash the ROM - making sure I was on slot A and reboot this time immediately to system so as having destroyed the TWRP install on purpose.

cRDroid booted immediately - and then asked for a factory reset - which I did and it came up instantly.

At that point I went into settings and reset the developer options by clicking the build number the seven times - and a few other things so when I went to restart with the power button - I could go into the cRDoid recovery, where I could choose that same gapps file -which now installed (nano - 10) without error. I then followed that with Magisk

So the only difference is I side-stepped the buggy freeze ups of TWRP and ONLY this way below are the OP steps correct

ROM - Installation:
    . . .
    04. Flash ROM.zip ONLY (put ROM, TWRP-installer and gapps and Magisk in directory on sdcard first BEFORE starting install procedure)
    05. Reboot > System - allow factory reset if prompted, and in new crdroid ROM- go to settings and re-enable developer status by clicking the build number, AND USB DEBUGGING then hold power button to choose restart to recovery, and in crdroid recovery use volume up or down to select and power key to activate selection
    06 .Install Gapps + Magisk ( from sdcard - or adb sideload)
    07. Reboot > System

Crdroid came right back up - quick, clean and requires no caffeine or head scratching.

This way there is no screwing around with TWRP and its buggy nature - and if one dares they can install TWRP by zip after this is complete.

So no . . . . including dealing with third party buggy software as a part of the install - especially without explicit warnings in the instructions - is NOT what one would call "correct". The correct thing to do is by-pass it or sternly warn it may not work if one takes that path.

Magisk "if you choose" with an unlocked bootloader - is also not correct. Carriers today who do not allow modified devices - some actively look for tampered with devices negotiating the tower to access the network and will block them from their Network, as their Terms of Service allow them to do so if that is what their terms say - for data access - and thus one is Sprint, and you see it in this forum also.

Magisk is NEEDED to even hope to hide the unlocked bootloader at boot . In fact Magisk may not be able to help much longer if one puts a Google Account on their phone. See https://www.xda-developers.com/magisk-no-longer-hide-bootloader-unlock-status/ Google shares info in their Carrier services app and other policies with carriers too.

My crdroid 9 version I got to pass Safety Net after some work - but this crdroid 10 version right now is two big red fails. I have not put a google account on the phone yet and will not until and if I pass Safety Net first. I disabled Carrier Services.

The build.prop file of this crdroid 10 is a bit messy. My ro.build.description is the first Moto 134 US Retail I flashed, but it went to 134-7-1 and I don't see that. The ro.build.fingerprint is google/coral/coral xxxxxxxxxx when it should be moto/ocean xxxxxx something and this with the build date - security patch date actually makes it fail Safety Net and raises red flags in general. Magisk Hide props config for the moto g7 pwer has changed and did not work - and I have not done investigation further yer

My carrier does not have stated TOS restrictions on modified devices - but only speaks to "modified devices which disrupt or affect the network", so after the third time I booted it with my SIM - it said "phone is starting up" and then I had working LTE+ - in essence "5G". I measured speed at 105 Mbps down and 33 Mbps up.

BUT that is only because the IMEI is recognized as a compatible device, and that along with a correct APN config is all that my carrier appears to need, so until I get the build.prop modded or magisk hide props config working - I am only half way there.

So asking people to be forced to deal with unexpected third party buggy software is not correct, and there is a gapps install order which is also an issue, as well as the Magisk install after first boot even you said.
    +1. Almost everything is working for me. SELinux Enforcing was applied in this latest update.

Two things I'd like to see you take a stab at, Rondeau -

Night Light is still not working. I'm using screen dimmer, but I feel like this should be working - Is this something out of your control, a la LOS upstream patches?
    Color Profiles (Boosted, Saturated, and Natural) don't change anything on screen. Same as the above?
    I am working on those issues, fixing some audio issues and will be updating battery profiles soon.