[ROM] crDroid-v8.4 Pixel 4 XL

Search This thread
Just dat it keeps dropping off and once awhile I gotta turn off and on for it to work I'm los 19.1 now an ain't having that
LOS never has this issue, in fact, LOS is rock solid and the only ROM I run! I have zero issues with LOS, plus its weekly bug updated!

Don't get me wrong, I liked crDroid (and would have gone back and forth between it and LOS) if it had natural (normal) "Now Playing". LOS is my DD, but I do test/use other ROMs to help other users, and "Now Playing" is a showstopper for me (I live music and especially drums), so I couldn't test crDroid for long (lacking now playing). That being said, I don't recall losing mobile (RIL) when testing it, so maybe I was lucky. I don't recall what version of crDroid I was using so keep it in mind.

legend876

Sep 16, 2022
LOS never has this issue, in fact, LOS is rock solid and the only ROM I run! I have zero issues with LOS, plus its weekly bug updated!

Don't get me wrong, I liked crDroid (and would have gone back and forth between it and LOS) if it had natural (normal) "Now Playing". LOS is my DD, but I do test/use other ROMs to help other users, and "Now Playing" is a showstopper for me (I live music and especially drums), so I couldn't test crDroid for long (lacking now playing). That being said, I don't recall losing mobile (RIL) when testing it, so maybe I was lucky. I don't recall what version of crDroid I was using so keep it in mind.
True because got an update for Los yesterday

True because got an update for Los yesterday

LOS is on a weekly cycle (Sunday, every Sunday) - unless there are server-side issues or upstream code issues (but it's VERY RARE), so every week there is a new OS update. This .zip is a full OS update that includes the entire ROM plus all recent fixes, this is baked and released every week. You can use the zip (ROM/OTA) as a NEW install, or an UPDATED installer (to update an existing LOS 19.1 to bring it current), it's great!

This means every week; the new ROM will contain all recent fixes for recently found bugs and security exploits (they are usually fixed in the next release). If this was stock or a mobile provider firmware, it could be months before the same bug or exploit is fixed and reaches your device. For me, LOS is the only obvious choice, I need a secured and bug free ROM, so LOS is it for me!

legend876

Sep 16, 2022
LOS is on a weekly cycle (Sunday, every Sunday) - unless there are server-side issues or upstream code issues (but it's VERY RARE), so every week there is a new OS update. This .zip is a full OS update that includes the entire ROM plus all recent fixes, this is baked and released every week. You can use the zip (ROM/OTA) as a NEW install, or an UPDATED installer (to update an existing LOS 19.1 to bring it current), it's great!

This means every week; the new ROM will contain all recent fixes for recently found bugs and security exploits (they are usually fixed in the next release). If this was stock or a mobile provider firmware, it could be months before the same bug or exploit is fixed and reaches your device. For me, LOS is the only obvious choice, I need a secured and bug free ROM, so LOS is it for me!
I'm saying....I'm glad I switched to Los because it's the best experience I ever had on my device plus the battery life even better than before tbh....Soo I think this ROM is the best for me also really enjoyed using it.....

I'm saying....I'm glad I switched to Los because it's the best experience I ever had on my device plus the battery life even better than before tbh....Soo I think this ROM is the best for me also really enjoyed using it.....
Agreed, but you did note the update on Sunday (in reply to my post about weekly updates) so I was clearing the air.

Ik man thanks for that because I didn't know honestly btw can I delete the update file after I updated
All good buddy, I delete them after as well (from LOS/updater), no need to keep them on the device unless you need the zip for something else. Once you boot it (after the update), its applied and valid, so its no longer needed. You can always re-download again from LOS, if ever needed.

Sorry for bothering you, but can you give me the Gapps use for crDroid which is similar to stock's? I cant find anything for Android 12.1, lastest crDroid ver. Thank you and sorry for my bad English

Curiousn00b

Sorry for bothering you, but can you give me the Gapps use for crDroid which is similar to stock's? I cant find anything for Android 12.1, lastest crDroid ver. Thank you and sorry for my bad English
Check FlameGApps and NikGApps.

NikGApps is my go-to. You can modify what you want installed through a .prop file inside the zip as well as debloat stuff by plugging in the path to it.

There are also different versions of the GApps, a "stock" version included. Visit the websites and you'll be able to read what they include.
Just dat it keeps dropping off and once awhile I gotta turn off and on for it to work I'm los 19.1 now an ain't having that
I'll have to test that out and pay attention to my WiFi speed/strength. I have my house blanketed in WiFi, so it's strong even when I'm outside, speed included, but I didn't notice anything on my end. 😅

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK

NikGApps is my go-to. You can modify what you want installed through a .prop file inside the zip as well as debloat stuff by plugging in the path to it.

There are also different versions of the GApps, a "stock" version included. Visit the websites and you'll be able to read what they include.

I'll have to test that out and pay attention to my WiFi speed/strength. I have my house blanketed in WiFi, so it's strong even when I'm outside, speed included, but I didn't notice anything on my end. 😅

Was also my recommendation

Thanks both of you. I used Flame cuz Nik gone wrong after changing .prop file lul. Just one error for me is the "Wallpaper and Style" gone crash everytime I want to change my wallpp but i think its not a big deal tho. Great ROM as always

Curiousn00b

Thanks both of you. I used Flame cuz Nik gone wrong after changing .prop file lul. Just one error for me is the "Wallpaper and Style" gone crash everytime I want to change my wallpp but i think its not a big deal tho. Great ROM as always
If that's crashing for you, check your installed application and show system apps, then find the wallpaper app. See if there's 2 installed.

One is normally the Google version and the other is the AOSP version or something like that. As for NikGApps, what did you do within the prop? All you have to do is edit what you want installed by changing 1 to 0 if you don't want it or 0 to 1 if you do want it.

If that's crashing for you, check your installed application and show system apps, then find the wallpaper app. See if there's 2 installed.

One is normally the Google version and the other is the AOSP version or something like that. As for NikGApps, what did you do within the prop? All you have to do is edit what you want installed by changing 1 to 0 if you don't want it or 0 to 1 if you do want it.
I do have two of it but none of them are uninstallable. I tried turn one of them off but still crash. No worry, not a big deal. Thank you tho.
Edit 1: One more thing, sometimes I can't open full QS, it just stuck at the minimize QS, any solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221002-124758_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20221002-124758_Chrome.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

belfakiri00

Mar 18, 2021
pleaaase update this Rom
we can't live without it
literally..
please do update it..
I love you developer

pleaaase update this Rom
we can't live without it
literally..
please do update it..
I love you developer
I will build crdroid 9 soon but I am still thinking of my own version of lineageOS 20 with safety net passed out of the box and unlimited Google photos + some minor changes I haven't decided yet, Let me know if you guys want crdroid 9 of my version or lineageOS 20 with Kirisakura-Kernel.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts