Rom is ok

Geckyn

Jun 6, 2018
Why are some apps running laggy???
Like playstore scrolling.
Scrolling in backdrop app☹️
Not that big of a issue btw ?
Rom is ok

Noticed that scrolling lag in playstore only and it is due to using skiagl as ui renderer. You can change debug.hwui.renderer=skiagl to debug.hwui.renderer=opengl in build.prop to fix that. Note that your screenshots will grey out in notifications (but your screnshot will be taken). Had to chose one

Reactions: Prashesh

Prashesh

Apr 30, 2019
Noticed that scrolling lag in playstore only and it is due to using skiagl as ui renderer. You can change debug.hwui.renderer=skiagl to debug.hwui.renderer=opengl in build.prop to fix that. Note that your screenshots will grey out in notifications (but your screnshot will be taken). Had to chose one
Thanks ?

Andhika24kd

Jan 28, 2017
Jakarta
Downloading now. Sorry for asking again, bluelight filter working? Since your AOSP EX's device trees are based on @ataberkozen device trees and he said that he forgot to add the livedisplay tree on his release

EDIT: Bluelight filter aka night light works fine

Last edited:

Andhika24kd

Jan 28, 2017
Jakarta
Some notes and bugs:
1) This ROM contains some more non-open source apps when compared to LineageOS. For example, Retro Music Player (instead of Eleven Music Player), Via Browser (instead of Jelly Browser), and Google Wallpaper (instead of AOSP Wallpaper). Although they can be uninstalled manually or by using Titanium Backup.
2) Some weird (semi-transparent) horizontal lines appear near the bottom of display when opening quick settings. Switching to Skia or default OpenGL doesn't seem to fix this issue.
3) Navigation bar doesn't appear on the right side when using right leaning nav bar (looks almost the same as compact nav bar). Also, the rotate button will appear between home and recent button if you insist to use it.
4) App icons (on homescreen and app drawer) look (a bit) blurry, especially on the edge of the icon. Changing icon size doesn't help so far.
5) DELETED. Seems to be a one time issue.
6) Boot animation is not fullscreen, you will see black bar on top and bottom of the screen when booting up device. This is not a bug though.

Last edited:

Andhika24kd

Jan 28, 2017
Jakarta
1 - They are default in AEX !!
ALSO

u can delete them by deleting pathes in /system/app or /system/priv-app and reboot and they will be uninstalled .

I didn't uninstall them I disabled them .

See what is better for u ?

2 - change gpu rending by editing build.prop

Skia is the best but u will face screenshot bug (it is very old issue no fix until now ) .

Open : debug.hwui.renderer=opengl
Skia : debug.hwui.renderer=skiagl

3 - I can't see that !!!

4 - @Geckyn

5 - we have lcd not amoled !!! And no bugs with all theme in rom works without any issue .

6- it isn't bug as u said and it isn't important .

Don't be mad, my post is not actually for bug reporting, I never ask @Geckyn or someone else to fix it if they don't want to (except for MTP bug of course because it is crucial). It was made for other users so they will know what's on the ROM before downloading/flashing it.

1) Well yes but some users (especially non-GApps users) might not like it. And again, it is for comparison only, I didn't ask the @Geckyn to remove these apps on next release. I even use Via Browser since long time ago before I flashed this ROM. You can delete it, but don't use Titanium Backup to clear the dalvik cache, clean it manually or use SD Maid to clean it instead.

2) Just like I said before, changing it to SkiaGL or OpenGL doesn't seem to fix this issue. It may also exist on LineageOS too so there may be no fix for this, can't remember.

3) If I send you the screenshot you may not notice the difference, but it's most noticeable on the round corner of the app icons, they look less sharp compared to OneUI and LineageOS. Based on my experience, this happen if you try to resize image from a bigger/smaller size with a poor (code) logic. The same also happen to AEX wallpaper, it is poorly resized. Maybe it is DPI related.

4) No comment. Also happened on LineageOS, ataberkozen didn't care about it.

5) Seems to be a one time issue. Changing themes works fine now. Sorry it is not the notification corners, but on the SIM name's corners. When you change the theme for the first time, SIM name's part got separated from quick settings and the upper corners become rounded, just like the notification part that got separated by a transparent line. But after that, it got joined again and the upper (rounded) corners become square corners again and (of course) the white lines disappear. Sorry no screenshot, I tried to describe it the best as I can. Yea I know our screen are not AMOLED.

6) I may share the fullscreen boot animation if I'm not lazy to edit it. Or just replace it with the old (LineageOS) boot animation. EDIT: I have resized it to 720x1280 but the black bars are still there. Seems like a limitation of Android OS?

Last edited:

Andhika24kd

Jan 28, 2017
Jakarta
At first u didn't determine which is notice and which is bug .

And I think it is your mistake .

MTP bug was fixed in last version .

But u need to change mode ...then return it to file transfer , I could transfer up 12GB of backups (no problem with mtp ) .

1- I told u that apps are default in AEX , IF I lie ask AEX HEAD DEVELOPERS .

IF U DON'T NEED IT USE YOUR WAY DUDE AS U LIKE .

2- I can't see that in my phone send screen shoot maybe I can help .

3- nothing like that .

If u mean Gesture home button ,yes it will disappear after much time .

But If u mean defualt , nothing in it .

4- ok , i knew u can try changing resolution by
# wm density "number as u like".
App icon will change also .

5- ?? I can't understand anything .
Send video .

6- !!! I think it isn't issue or bug .
Let that and the most important thing is in the rom.

I hope my reply is useful .

Ah sorry, point 3 is supposed to be point 4 and vice versa. Let's just forget about point 5, the only way I can reproduce it again is to reflash the entire ROM, not a big deal at all since it's a one time issue. As for point 1, I know it. Screenshot for point 2: https://prnt.sc/onup7i (You will need to save it to your phone first and view it using Gallery, and also change your screen brightness to see it clearly. Not noticeable when viewed on PC).

Please note that I will only update/edit my previous post if I find new bugs(s), I will not post on new post(s) it again and again to avoid spam.

Geckyn

Jun 6, 2018
Don't be mad, my post is not actually for bug reporting, I never ask @Geckyn or someone else to fix it if they don't want to (except for MTP bug of course because it is crucial). It was made for other users so they will know what's on the ROM before downloading/flashing it.

1) Well yes but some users (especially non-GApps users) might not like it. And again, it is for comparison only, I didn't ask the @Geckyn to remove these apps on next release. I even use Via Browser since long time ago before I flashed this ROM. You can delete it, but don't use Titanium Backup to clear the dalvik cache, clean it manually or use SD Maid to clean it instead.

2) Just like I said before, changing it to SkiaGL or OpenGL doesn't seem to fix this issue. It may also exist on LineageOS too so there may be no fix for this, can't remember.

3) If I send you the screenshot you may not notice the difference, but it's most noticeable on the round corner of the app icons, they look less sharp compared to OneUI and LineageOS. Based on my experience, this happen if you try to resize image from a bigger/smaller size with a poor (code) logic. The same also happen to AEX wallpaper, it is poorly resized. Maybe it is DPI related.

4) No comment. Also happened on LineageOS, ataberkozen didn't care about it.

5) Seems to be a one time issue. Changing themes works fine now. Sorry it is not the notification corners, but on the SIM name's corners. When you change the theme for the first time, SIM name's part got separated from quick settings and the upper corners become rounded, just like the notification part that got separated by a transparent line. But after that, it got joined again and the upper (rounded) corners become square corners again and (of course) the white lines disappear. Sorry no screenshot, I tried to describe it the best as I can. Yea I know our screen are not AMOLED.

6) I may share the fullscreen boot animation if I'm not lazy to edit it. Or just replace it with the old (LineageOS) boot animation. EDIT: I have resized it to 720x1280 but the black bars are still there. Seems like a limitation of Android OS?

1. Seriously??...its AEX not los...well I just built the ROM "as is". Did you even research before?

2. Minor random glitches here and there are all ui glitches be it opengl or skia...I've been working on reducing jitter myself. Sometimes you guys forget we are humans too and have other stuff to do than fix a " random white" line. your "white line" is barely noticeable even from your screenshot..why even bother??

3. From navbar to resizing imgaes... What are you even saying

4. Its related to display density....can't seem to find a sweet spot 280 is default on stock but we use 260 here (same on los)

5. 1X

6. Come on bootanimation? Well maybe my mistake?? :confused:

Well Thanks for the feedback....I'm sure you've seen devices with custom ROMS that dont even have RIL working and they are happy at least... Well let's hope for fixes in future releases.

Reactions: Prashesh

Prashesh

Apr 30, 2019
When i enable camera2 api the camera stops working.even the face unlock doesn't work and none of the camera apps work.
It is weird???

SinUKG

Mar 8, 2019
Hi, Thanks for this, working fine for SM-J415gn-ds, will check again if i find some bugs. hope it'll have continuous update.

Edit:
Btw do your recommend flashing kernels over this? if so what kernel? thanks

Last edited:

azedinebenz

Jul 3, 2019
I have a problem with the wifi it connects but after a few minutes it disconnects and it does not reconnect until I restart it and then it redoes the same problem

Geckyn

Jun 6, 2018
Sorry for late update guys......Build v6.7 up!!!

AospExtended v6.7 Changelog

- Merge August security patch (9.0.0_r46)
- Update all translations
- Update all of our packages
- Update APN configs
- Update Boostframework configs
- Update MusicFX
- Update Launcher 3
- Add new default wallpaper
- Add VPN QS tile
- Add per-app data restriction
- Add privacy guard
- Add proximity speaker for calls
- Add an option for the AEX Logo in status bar
- Add smart mute feature
- Add some new fonts
- Improve Gaming Mode
- Improve Pocket Lock
- Improve Live Display
- Improve the Q style lock clock
- Improve VoLTE toggle
- Improve some UI/UX aspects
- Fix few theming issues
- Lot of under the hood improvements
- Bug fixes and performance improvements

Others
-Full bootanimation now
-Switched to Lawnchair launcher
-No blurred icon issues anymore
-Switched to opengl to fix most rendering issues
-Added Fm radio
-Using 1.6A max charge current( kernel side)
-Fixed lockscreen charge current info(kernel side)

Geckyn

Jun 6, 2018

- Update APN configs
- Update MusicFX
- Update Launcher 3
- Add VPN QS tile
- Add privacy guard
- Add smart mute feature
- Add some new fonts
- Improve Gaming Mode
- Improve Pocket Lock
- Improve Live Display
- Improve VoLTE toggle
- Fix few theming issues

Others
-Full bootanimation now
-Added Fm radio

Guys hold on with v6.7 for now....A bug has been spotted causing apps like Telegram to crash....will update thread with new link when fixed...thanks

Let's roll.....Bug Fixed!!!!
Link Updated.........Enjoy new build :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ER7PzVx.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

KDVygxh.png

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX experience with useful customizations. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth experience. We have added useful customizations from various other open source projects and have tried to keep our things simple. A ROM by a user, for a user. #BeExtended

Np7jfnY.png

#ExtendYourDevice Here are the Extensions! on top of AOSP! We are constantly trying to update the list. Our aim is not to provide all the features available on earth. Our aim is to add important features that we think should be here and also what you think. For the addition of more tweaks or features, head on to our Telegram community and post the list of features that you want! Features with commits will be more helpful!

Code:
    [B]
    -DUI(Fling/Pulse/Smartbar)
    -DU Font Engine
    -One-Handed UI
    -Live Display
    -AppOps
    -Expanded Desktop
    -Statusbar Clock/Date Customizations
    -Dashboard Suggestions/Summaries (Enable/Disable)
    -Notification Intervals
    -Increasing Volume in Ringtone
    -DT2S On Navbar
    -Long Press Back button  to Kill App
    -Dashboard Column Configurations
    -Detailed Location QS Tile!
    -Statusbar Traffic Indicators
    -Notification Count
    -DT2S On Statusbar and Lockscreen
    -QS Quick Pulldown
    -QS Brightness Slider (Enable/Disable)
    -QS Tiles Animations
    -Force Expand Notifications (Enable/Disable)
    -Immersive Mode messages (Enable/Disable)
    -Flashlight Notifications
    -Oreo/Pie Recents Styles
    -Toast Icon
    -Power Menu Customizations
    -Additional Battery Saver steps
    -Volume Rocker Tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode)
    -Fingerprint Gestures Support
    -QS Haptic Feedback
    -One Tap Data & Wifi Tile
    -Auto Brightness Icon Toggle
    -Breathing Notifications
    -Long Press Gear Icon in Statusbar Header Launches Extensions
    -Show 4G instead of LTE switch
    -Reading Mode QS Tile
    -Long press Caffeine Tile Action
    -Customize QS Rows/Columns
    -Customize small QS Tiles
    -StatusBar Brightness Control
    -Lockscreen Shortcut
    -Quick Unlock for PIN/Password
    -Battery Styles and Percentage
    -Flip Button Animation
    -Unlink Notification Volume
    -Status bar Clock Seconds
    -AEXPapers - our wallpaper app
    -Via/Jelly Browser
    -Retro Music Player
    -Pixel's UI, Ringtones, and Wallpapers
    -Camera Sound Toggle
    -Advanced Ambient Display Customizations
    -Smart Pixels
    -Long-press Power Button on Lockscreen for Torch
    -Wakelock Blocker
    -Toggle Lockscreen Media Art
    -Toggle Lockscreen Music Visualizer
    -Ticker
    -Disable QS on Secured Lockscreen
    -Toggle Dynamic Notification Card's Color
    -Low Battery Notification Toggle
    -Hide Clock/Date/Alarm Text from Lockscreen
    -Lock screen Clock's Font Customizations
    -Weather on Lockscreen and Status Bar
    -Heads up Customizations
    -DU's HW Button Rebinding
    -Button Backlight Customizations
    -Oreo Recents Clear All FAB button and Re-positioning
    -Oreo Recents Free Ram bar
    -Custom Carrier label
    -Toggle power menu on Secured Lockscreen
    -CPU Info Switch
    -Disable Orange Color in Battery Saver Mode
    -New Pretty Adaptive Icons for included AOSP apps
    -Run SysUI tuner from Extensions
    -Built-in Light/Dark/Black/Chocolate/Wallpaper-Based and EXTENDED UI Themes

And many more coming in the future! Many extensions are added in each update so we miss out adding new extensions to this list. So always keep on checking the latest changelog on our [URL="https://blog.aospextended.com/"]Official Blog[/URL], and there you can monitor the previous changelogs as well, to see how far we have come![/B]

47WEHUl.png

Download ROM, GApps here for your device!

v6.6-2019-07-09-J4primelte
    v6.6-2019-07-13-J4primelte

Latest v6.7-2019-08-28-J4primelte

Google Apps
    -GApps

t709fnd.png

Want to try this awesomeness?

Code:
    [b]-Download the ROM and GApps of your choice
    -If you're on oreo, flash latest OneUI [COLOR="Red"](should be U2 bootloader)[/COLOR].
    -Flash forceencrypt disabler from TWRP thread.
    -Format data
    -Reboot to recovery
    -Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery
    -Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    -Flash AEX Package
    -Install GAPPS package
    -And at last Reboot!
     [First boot will take a few minutes! Have patience]
     Clean Flash is always recommended![/b]

mmK3YNQ.png

Monitor the changelog here!

Code:
    [b] AospExtended v6.7 Changelog

-2019-08-28.....Fix Signal strength

- Update APN configs
    - Update MusicFX
    - Update Launcher 3
    - Add VPN QS tile
    - Add privacy guard
    - Add smart mute feature
    - Add some new fonts
    - Improve Gaming Mode
    - Improve Pocket Lock
    - Improve Live Display
    - Improve VoLTE toggle
    - Fix few theming issues

Others
    -Full bootanimation now
    -Added Fm radio

- AospExtended v6.6 Changelog
    - 2019-07-13.....Fix Mtp read 

Clean flash is always recommended​. Bug reports are not appreciated if not clean flashed. 
    Remove any kind of security PINs/Password and Fingerprints before flashing this build.

[/b]

WcLe541.png

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

->How to take Logcats?
    https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP

Working/Issues!
    Code:
    [B]What's working :

-Audio
    -Bluetooth
    -Boots
    -Camcorder
    -Camera
    -Flash
    -GPS
    -MTP
    -RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    -Sensors
    -Usb tethering
    -Wi-Fi

Known issues :
    -VoLTE
    -Selinux is permissive
    -Ril takes about 15 seconds to start after boot.
    [/B]

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] AospExtended ROM V6.7 for Galaxy J4+, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J4+

Contributors
    Geckyn, ataberkozen, kapmino269
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/AospExtended[/URL]

Credits
    ataberkozen for device trees
    IanH82uk for testing
    phhusson for Samsung Signal strength fix

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Pie, OneUI
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 6.6
    Beta Release Date: 2019-07-09
    Current Stable Version: 6.7

Created 2019-07-09
    Last Updated 2019-08-26

- Update APN configs
    - Update MusicFX
    - Update Launcher 3
    - Add VPN QS tile
    - Add privacy guard
    - Add smart mute feature
    - Add some new fonts
    - Improve Gaming Mode
    - Improve Pocket Lock
    - Improve Live Display
    - Improve VoLTE toggle
    - Fix few theming issues

Others
    -Full bootanimation now
    -Added Fm radio

Guys hold on with v6.7 for now....A bug has been spotted causing apps like Telegram to crash....will update thread with new link when fixed...thanks

Let's roll.....Bug Fixed!!!!
    Link Updated.........Enjoy new build :D

- Update APN configs
    - Update MusicFX
    - Update Launcher 3
    - Add VPN QS tile
    - Add privacy guard
    - Add smart mute feature
    - Add some new fonts
    - Improve Gaming Mode
    - Improve Pocket Lock
    - Improve Live Display
    - Improve VoLTE toggle
    - Fix few theming issues

Others
    -Full bootanimation now
    -Added Fm radio
    The above mentioned app opening delay, wifi disconnections, some random system ui restarts ...... And this is with magisk without any modules installed