[ROM][Custom] - = EDGE PURE EDITION = -

Search This thread

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
EdgePE.jpg

- = EDGE PURE EDITION = -

Custom ROM based on Stock firmware RPDS31.Q4U-39-26-4-2
This custom ROM uses stock kernel without modification. The source for the stock kernel is not released by the OEM.

📯 Preliminary requirements:
- Unlocked bootloader.
- New and Clean Stock firmware is required!
- TWRP installed;
- Micro SDCard or USB flash drive should be formatted to exFAT.

📜What's done:
- Removed the restriction on writing to the system, which in Android 10 is in Read Only (r/o) mode by default, which eliminates the possibility of modifying it. In this firmware it is possible to mount the system in Read Write (r/w) mode. Encryption is preserved in this case.
- System passes SafetyNet test, device is certified (in Magisk settings activate "Magisk Hide" function, in "Magisk Hide" tab give permission for Google Play Services, perform Google Play reset);
- Cleaned and lightened the system;
- Built in additional system color accents;
- Built in and updated to the latest versions at the time of firmware and Apps release . YouTube removed, because I use YouTube Vanced;
- Installed apps AdAway ad blocker, Command Center 2;
- Ringtones, notifications, alarms sounds have been replaced.

🛠 Installation:
1. Extract the system image from the archive (see tab "Download") and copy it to the SD Card.
Also copy the "Magisk Installer" archive Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v21.4.zip in to the SD Card.
2. Reboot the device into bootloader mode and then into TWRP.
3. Installing the ROM image. In the "Install" tab in the lower right corner, click the "Install img" button and select the firmware image. A window will open, where you will need to select the "Super" partition. "Swipe to confirm".
4. Go to the "Reboot" section and reboot the device back to Recovery.
5. Go to "Wipe" and do a "Swipe to Factory Reset ".
6. Install "Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v21.4.zip". Reboot in to the System.
7. When the boot is complete make the initial settings.
8. Launch the "Magisk Manager" app and update it. You will be asked to configure the work environment. Agree. Phone will automatically reboot itself when setup is done.

📥 Download
Edge_R_Pure_Edition_02-1
Edge_Q_Pure_Edition_nowrz_04-2

🧩 Advanced
YouTube Vanced v.14.21.54 Black Magisk
Proven, absolutely trouble-free version of YouTube Vanced.
To prevent in Play Market from updating in to the stock YouTube app, you need to add empty file with the name "enable_detach" (without extension) into the folder "/cache" (at the root of file system) using RootExplorer and rebooting your phone. One minute after the reboot, the application will unbind from the Market.

😊 Enjoy!

Last edited:

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
Upgraded Edge Pure Edition!
- created an image in a different format which reduced its size by 6 GB;
- full mount of system in r/w and r/o, allowing the system to boot up fully if you forget to put the system in r/o after making edits to the system partitions;
- updated GApps to the base of 27/02/21.

Reactions: mariosenta

ko_hi

Mar 25, 2020
I'm not sure if you actually know the rules but wrz are not allowed

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
- updated ROM to the latest versions of stock firmware QPD30.114-80-4 (09 March 2021) ;
- updated GApps to the base of 12/03/21.

Nicktsaab

Jan 31, 2020
Hi, I tried installing the android 11 version of this from after clean restoring to stock. I installed the .img to the super partition and the phone wont boot. I get the "unable to open block device /dev/block/loop (20, 19, 18, 17): no such device or address. Any help? Thanks

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
Have you fully read and followed all the points in the instructions? Have you installed Magisk?
To install Edge_R_Pure_Edition, the firmware RPD31.Q4U-39-26-4, Android 11, must be installed on the device.
Download Stock Android 11

Last edited:

daktah

Jun 17, 2010
what is the difference between r and q? android 10 and 11 i assume?
also ive been out of the rom loop for quite a while (lg g8, just got unlock like a month ago), what is wrz and why is it not allowed? just curious.

Last edited:

daktah

Jun 17, 2010
im having a weird issue. i bought 2 edges recently, and wanted to install this rom. both are on final android 10 firmware, and im flashing the q img. obviously both are bootloader unlocked and using twrp 3.5.2.
i followed instructions on one, and it went perfectly fine no issues. on the second whenever i flash the image it wont boot and the twrp log has a few errors about partitions. also there are 2 super partitions listed. even restoring my bone stock twrp image or flashing the factory fimware i have the same issue and the twin super partitions persist. the phone will boot on the stock rom fine however.

edit: weirdness continues, now all of the sudden the rom image flashed perfectly fine, when i rebooted back to twrp for magisk.zip i had no errors. however there STILL is 2 supers listed. but i flashed magisk and booted to system... and it boots. idk.
in the select partition to flash to menu the partitions listed (in order) are: boot, dtbo, boot logo, recovery, super, vbmeta, vbmeta system, super. ive tried both instances of super and both had problems except for this time where it succeeded (i did the first instance this time).
i should also note that this was like this when i made my initial twrp backup, there were 2 super partitions in the backup menu. but, the other phone that had no issues, did NOT have 2 super partitions at any point. again... idk.

Last edited:

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
Unfortunately, I didn't understand a lot of it, because I don't know English very well.
The fact that in TWRP in Backup you see two Super partitions, it's not a big deal. Choose both, but in fact your backup will have one Super partition.

daktah

Jun 17, 2010
its just strange but i guess if it works.
but im also having issues with applications. for one, the asus gallery and file browser that are bundled always ask for storaage permissions, even if i grant them they wont launch and keep asking for permissions. wipe data, force stop, grant permissions again, nope they still ask for permissions. i dont know whats going on with them. also i cant set a picture wallpaper. not with gallery, google photos, google gallery, nothing. i get a notification that says "error, could not load media" every time i do it no matter what app i try to use. live wallpapers are fine.

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
There should be no such problems. This behavior can only be when you try to make these applications (Asus Gallery, Asus File Manager) system applications using, for example, RootExplorer.
I don't have this problem even after restoring a backup.
Install ROM on a clean, re-installed stock firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EdgePE.jpg

- = EDGE PURE EDITION = -

Custom ROM based on Stock firmware RPDS31.Q4U-39-26-4-2
    This custom ROM uses stock kernel without modification. The source for the stock kernel is not released by the OEM.

📯 Preliminary requirements:
    - Unlocked bootloader.
    - New and Clean Stock firmware is required!
    - TWRP installed;
    - Micro SDCard or USB flash drive should be formatted to exFAT.

📜What's done:
    - Removed the restriction on writing to the system, which in Android 10 is in Read Only (r/o) mode by default, which eliminates the possibility of modifying it. In this firmware it is possible to mount the system in Read Write (r/w) mode. Encryption is preserved in this case.
    - System passes SafetyNet test, device is certified (in Magisk settings activate "Magisk Hide" function, in "Magisk Hide" tab give permission for Google Play Services, perform Google Play reset);
    - Cleaned and lightened the system;
    - Built in additional system color accents;
    - Built in and updated to the latest versions at the time of firmware and Apps release . YouTube removed, because I use YouTube Vanced;
    - Installed apps AdAway ad blocker, Command Center 2;
    - Ringtones, notifications, alarms sounds have been replaced.

🛠 Installation:
    1. Extract the system image from the archive (see tab "Download") and copy it to the SD Card.
    Also copy the "Magisk Installer" archive Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v21.4.zip in to the SD Card.
    2. Reboot the device into bootloader mode and then into TWRP.
    3. Installing the ROM image. In the "Install" tab in the lower right corner, click the "Install img" button and select the firmware image. A window will open, where you will need to select the "Super" partition. "Swipe to confirm".
    4. Go to the "Reboot" section and reboot the device back to Recovery.
    5. Go to "Wipe" and do a "Swipe to Factory Reset ".
    6. Install "Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v21.4.zip". Reboot in to the System.
    7. When the boot is complete make the initial settings.
    8. Launch the "Magisk Manager" app and update it. You will be asked to configure the work environment. Agree. Phone will automatically reboot itself when setup is done.

📥 Download
    Edge_R_Pure_Edition_02-1
    Edge_Q_Pure_Edition_nowrz_04-2

🧩 Advanced
    YouTube Vanced v.14.21.54 Black Magisk
    Proven, absolutely trouble-free version of YouTube Vanced.
    To prevent in Play Market from updating in to the stock YouTube app, you need to add empty file with the name "enable_detach" (without extension) into the folder "/cache" (at the root of file system) using RootExplorer and rebooting your phone. One minute after the reboot, the application will unbind from the Market.

😊 Enjoy!
    Can i Flash from Lineage or need stay in stock?
    "New and Clean Stock firmware is required"
    - created an image in a different format which reduced its size by 6 GB;
    - full mount of system in r/w and r/o, allowing the system to boot up fully if you forget to put the system in r/o after making edits to the system partitions;
    - updated GApps to the base of 27/02/21.
    Updated the ROM to a latest version based on Android 11(R) RPDS31.Q4U-39-26-4-2.
    This is probably my last post in this thread :cry: ... This beautiful phone has gone to a new owner.