Development [ROM][CUSTOM] <<>> Polar Star Pure Edition <<>>

Search This thread

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
giphy (1).gif

🌟Polar Star Pure Edition 🌟
This ROM is unified for Edge S Pro / Edge 20 Pro.

Custom ROM based on Global Stock firmware

Android 12
RETAIL_S1RA32.41-20-16-5-3
Android 11
RETAIL_RRA31.Q3-19-86-6

This custom ROM uses stock kernel without modification.

>>>
Preliminary requirements <<<
Only unlocked bootloader

>>> What's done <<<
- Root permissions via Magisk v.25.2 (25200) Stable ;
- Removed the restriction on writing to the system, which in Android 11 is in Read Only (r/o) mode by default, which eliminates the possibility of modifying it. In this firmware it is possible to mount the system in Read Write (r/w) mode. Encryption is preserved in this case.
- System passes SafetyNet test, device is certified;
- NFC and GPay with unlocked bootloader and Root worked!
- Cleaned and lightened the system;
- Built in additional system color accents (only Android 11);
- Updated Moto and some Google applications; Android Auto is integrated into the system;
- Removed the pill (bar) at the bottom of the desktop under the dock + made a small distance from the bottom edge of the display to the dock icons and under the keyboard. Especially good on NovaLauncher.
- YouTube removed, because I use YouTube Vanced;
- Installed apps AdAway ad blocker, Command Center 2, File Manager, Gallery;
- Ringtones, notifications, alarms sounds have been replaced;
- Mod Logo and Bootanimation.
- Beginning with the PStar_PE_A12-41-20-16-5-01 build, I slightly increased the volume of the ear speaker.
- No Warez!

What was done in the latest update (Sep, 3, 2022) :

- Updated ROM base to stock firmware version S1RA32.41-20-16-5-3;
- Updated Magisk to v25.2;
- Updated applications to the latest versions at the time of ROM build;
- Updated Asus File Manager;
- Completely removed Google Assistant and reassigned its button to the camera shutter;
- Removed Google location history and telemetry apps;
- Removed Turbo and Wellbeing apps;
- Slightly increased the volume of the hearing speaker.
>>> Installation Instructions <<<
1. Extract the system partition images from the archive (see the Download tab) and copy them to any convenient location on your PC.
2. Reboot the device into bootloader mode and:
- If you are installing the ROM for the first time or if you want to install the firmware with all data from the previous firmware removed, then use the _flash_custom.bat executable file;
- If you want to install the ROM as an update to its previous build, then use the _update_custom.bat executable file. Then all your data and applications will be saved and the system will be updated.
3. Phone will reboot into fastbootd mode and flash installation will start automatically. When the installation is completed the phone will automatically boot into the system.
4. When the boot is complete perform the initial settings.

Don't update Magisk and Magisk Manager! Build Magisk (d7e7df3b) (23010) (may be and laters builts) breaks Magisk Hide and SafetyNet.
5. Do not update Magisk Manager, but install this version Magisk Manager 23001(21) in the attached files.
Then you will be asked to configure the working environment. We agree. The phone will automatically reboot after the setup is complete.
6. In the Magisk Manager Settings, disallow "Check Updates". In "Update Channel" select "Custom channel" and in the opened window indicate the link:
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk-files/fde0bddfc5683cc8524e323e95f6c8432fbd11da/canary.json

If you are still updating, you can rollback to a working version of Magisk using the following instructions.

-= Rollback Magisk to version 23001 (21) =-
a) Uninstall Magisk with Magisk Manager - click "Uninstall Magisk" button, select "Complete Uninstall".
b) The phone will automatically reboot at the end of the uninstall process.
c) During the rebooting process, press and hold the "volume down" button until the phone enters the fastboot mode. Connect the phone to PC with a USB cable.
d) Extract the boot_magisk.img image from the archive to the folder with the drivers adb:
Android 12 S1RA32.41-20-16_boot_magisk
Android 11
RRA31.Q3-19-86-6_boot_magisk
e) Install boot_magisk.img with the command:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot_magisk.img
f) Boot into the system and follow steps 5-6 of the basic Instructions for installing the firmware.

>>> Notes <<<
With the update Stock base to RRAS31.Q3-19-86 the problems described below are corrected.
There is a hang-up when entering the connection settings of the NFC and Bluetooth settings. Don't worry about this. You just need to wait a little while.
There is no hang-up when you enable/disable NFC and Bluetooth via the icon from the Notification bar. This happens due to uninstalling any system applications.

>>> Download <<<

⚠️ Please, don't put the ROM, or links to it, on other sites without the author's permission! ⚠️

Android 12 PStar_PE_A12-41-20-16-5-3-01

Android 11
PStar_Pure_Edition-19-86-6-01

Attachments

• Magisk+Canary+[23001]+(21).apk
    12.7 MB · Views: 812
Last edited:

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
Updated the ROM for both devices.

What's done:
- replaced the CommandCenter_2 widget with a slightly larger one;
- updated Moto and some Google applications;
- remapped the Google Assistant button to the camera shutter button;
- removed the pill (bar) at the bottom of the desktop under the dock + made a small distance from the bottom edge of the display to the dock icons and under the keyboard. Especially good on NovaLauncher.

rendmazues

Oct 20, 2021
Hello, @ilia3367 do you happen to have any links where I can download your custom rom aside from mega.nz. Would really appreciate if you do, thanks.

rendmazues

Oct 20, 2021
Hello, @ilia3367 do you happen to have any links where I can download your custom rom aside from mega.nz. Would really appreciate if you do, thanks.
Nvm my request, I just have additional question. Does this rom supports OTA? When I searched online, they said that OTA will be downloaded thru playstore so I think it is possible to be supported if that is the case.

jupori-no

Oct 20, 2021
Japan
Hello
Can you add "Task lock" function in recent apps screen?
I want to keep apps I often use in task list, even if I push "all clear".

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
Attention users of Custom ROM or users of Root Magisk on Stock firmware!
Starting with version Magisk (d7e7df3b) (23010) the structure of this utility has changed - now Zygisk is used, but Magisk Hide was removed from the utility, SafetyNet test fails.
Read more in the Magisk thread.
For whom these features are important, but accidentally updated Magisk, I offer instructions in the first post of this thread.

Last edited:

rendmazues

Oct 20, 2021
Attention users of Custom ROM or users of Root Magisk on Stock firmware!
Starting with version Magisk (d7e7df3b) (23010) the structure of this utility has changed - now Zygisk is used, but Magisk Hide was removed from the utility, SafetyNet test fails.
Read more in the Magisk thread.
For whom these features are important, but accidentally updated Magisk, I offer instructions in the first post of this thread.
Thanks for the tut on how to downgrade, I accidentally updated mine. I'll do the downgrading later.

Naza1879

Jun 19, 2021
mercedes bs as
hello I just did the steps to be root, I succeeded. install root explore and link2sd to be able to remove apps they give me per, isos, but when I want to uninstall I can't.
root explore does not let me change to r / w and uninstallation fails and link2sd removes but reboot and this is the app.
Screenshot_20211117-152300~2.png
Screenshot_20211117-160635.png

dolhq

hello, everyone! I want to know this ROM's back main camera whether support longer than 1/4s exposure by Gcam?
Now I'm using Chinese Rom. It has a serious touch screen issue, and doesn't support longer than 1/4s exposure by Gcam.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated the Custom ROM to version PStar_PE_A12-41-20-16-5-3-01
    Additional modifications have been made.
    What is new in the update?
    What was done in the latest update:
    - Completely removed Google Assistant and reassigned its button to the camera shutter;
    Hi, great work here
    It would be amazing if you could do the same with the chinese rom
    giphy (1).gif

🌟Polar Star Pure Edition 🌟
    This ROM is unified for Edge S Pro / Edge 20 Pro.

Custom ROM based on Global Stock firmware

Android 12
    RETAIL_S1RA32.41-20-16-5-3
    Android 11
    RETAIL_RRA31.Q3-19-86-6

This custom ROM uses stock kernel without modification.

>>>
    Preliminary requirements <<<
    Only unlocked bootloader

>>> What's done <<<
    - Root permissions via Magisk v.25.2 (25200) Stable ;
    - Removed the restriction on writing to the system, which in Android 11 is in Read Only (r/o) mode by default, which eliminates the possibility of modifying it. In this firmware it is possible to mount the system in Read Write (r/w) mode. Encryption is preserved in this case.
    - System passes SafetyNet test, device is certified;
    - NFC and GPay with unlocked bootloader and Root worked!
    - Cleaned and lightened the system;
    - Built in additional system color accents (only Android 11);
    - Updated Moto and some Google applications; Android Auto is integrated into the system;
    - Removed the pill (bar) at the bottom of the desktop under the dock + made a small distance from the bottom edge of the display to the dock icons and under the keyboard. Especially good on NovaLauncher.
    - YouTube removed, because I use YouTube Vanced;
    - Installed apps AdAway ad blocker, Command Center 2, File Manager, Gallery;
    - Ringtones, notifications, alarms sounds have been replaced;
    - Mod Logo and Bootanimation.
    - Beginning with the PStar_PE_A12-41-20-16-5-01 build, I slightly increased the volume of the ear speaker.
    - No Warez!

What was done in the latest update (Sep, 3, 2022) :

>>> Installation Instructions <<<
    1. Extract the system partition images from the archive (see the Download tab) and copy them to any convenient location on your PC.
    2. Reboot the device into bootloader mode and:
    - If you are installing the ROM for the first time or if you want to install the firmware with all data from the previous firmware removed, then use the _flash_custom.bat executable file;
    - If you want to install the ROM as an update to its previous build, then use the _update_custom.bat executable file. Then all your data and applications will be saved and the system will be updated.
    3. Phone will reboot into fastbootd mode and flash installation will start automatically. When the installation is completed the phone will automatically boot into the system.
    4. When the boot is complete perform the initial settings.

Don't update Magisk and Magisk Manager! Build Magisk (d7e7df3b) (23010) (may be and laters builts) breaks Magisk Hide and SafetyNet.
    5. Do not update Magisk Manager, but install this version Magisk Manager 23001(21) in the attached files.
    Then you will be asked to configure the working environment. We agree. The phone will automatically reboot after the setup is complete.
    6. In the Magisk Manager Settings, disallow "Check Updates". In "Update Channel" select "Custom channel" and in the opened window indicate the link:
    Code:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk-files/fde0bddfc5683cc8524e323e95f6c8432fbd11da/canary.json

If you are still updating, you can rollback to a working version of Magisk using the following instructions.

-= Rollback Magisk to version 23001 (21) =-
    a) Uninstall Magisk with Magisk Manager - click "Uninstall Magisk" button, select "Complete Uninstall".
    b) The phone will automatically reboot at the end of the uninstall process.
    c) During the rebooting process, press and hold the "volume down" button until the phone enters the fastboot mode. Connect the phone to PC with a USB cable.
    d) Extract the boot_magisk.img image from the archive to the folder with the drivers adb:
    Android 12 S1RA32.41-20-16_boot_magisk
    Android 11
    RRA31.Q3-19-86-6_boot_magisk
    e) Install boot_magisk.img with the command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot_magisk.img
    f) Boot into the system and follow steps 5-6 of the basic Instructions for installing the firmware.

>>> Notes <<<
    With the update Stock base to RRAS31.Q3-19-86 the problems described below are corrected.
    There is a hang-up when entering the connection settings of the NFC and Bluetooth settings. Don't worry about this. You just need to wait a little while.
    There is no hang-up when you enable/disable NFC and Bluetooth via the icon from the Notification bar. This happens due to uninstalling any system applications.

>>> Download <<<

⚠️ Please, don't put the ROM, or links to it, on other sites without the author's permission! ⚠️

Android 12 PStar_PE_A12-41-20-16-5-3-01

Android 11
    PStar_Pure_Edition-19-86-6-01
    Updated the Custom ROM to version PStar_PE_A12-41-20-16-5-01
    Updated the Custom ROM to version PStar_PE_A12-41-20-16-5-3-01
    ROM update S_Pro_Pure_Edition. Added ROM 20_Pro_Pure_Edition.
    Updated the Custom ROM to Android 12 base firmware version RETAIL_12_S1RA32.41-20-16!
    I checked the installation both as an update and a clean one - everything is OK!
    There are no viruses in the archive!
    Happy using! 🤗