[ROM] Custom Rom - ICS@BLUE_V01 - only for enabled SDE !

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi , greeting everyone !

I am pleased to present my new Custom Rom - ICS@BLUE_V01 ( Beta) - based on Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.5(4.0.3)...

This release is permanently Rooted, it's Deodexed...and also Busybox is already installed !

Included : 25/03/12

- new boot animation;
- battery percentage, and other new Icon;
- several applications in addition ( Office Free, Root-Browser free, Terminal , Chrome_Beta, FaceLock and ....++);
- enabled init.d for run scripts ;
- windows animations;
- increase sdcard speed;
- zipaling for all apk in /data/app/*;

In the near future :

- preinstalling V6_Supercharger;
- enabled FaceLock ;
- other stuff to improve performance ;
- update ....

How to install :

Since version 4.0.5 - now we have an alternative to transfer ( file -> archos.ext4, archos.ext4.update, archos.squashfs ) into device.
Once I entered into SDE , to transfer file archos.ext4.update in Internal Storage ...now we need to choose : Export Data Partition <=> /data ....and for 8G & 16G -> just we need to copy this file into /media directory ! ( Precaution : - choose Export Data Partition only when you are connected to a desktop/laptop running Ubuntu ! - otherwise Windows will ask for formatting the partition ....and if you choose YES, than you'll lose all into device, equivalent with ReFormat Device ! )
After this step ....we need choose into SDE -> Flash Kernel and Initramfs - to copy here zImage and initramfs !

But we can flash this Custom Rom as usual if you have windows PC ( copy archos.ext4.update into Internal Storage or /data/media/ or /mnt/storage/) - than into SDE -> choose Flash Kernel and Initramfs -> here you need to copy zImage and initramfs !

For beginners : you can find installation details here ! => Thanks @Shano56 => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1542058

The file you need to install : ICS@BLUE_V01 (Beta) is in archive ICS@BLUE_V01.zip and you can download for free here ==>> https://hotfile.com/dl/150205007/141675e/ICSBLUE_V01.zip.html

zImage and Initramfs have not been modified, then you can download from here => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1560211

After installation requires a reboot ( to enable all the stuff !!! ).

Unfortunately this project remains currently in the beta ! I have a lot of work to it...but I hope to come back with an update a little more gratifying !!!
On the other hand I think is pretty good move, and you can use it without FC or any error ! I tested almost all functions and respond well to all ( of course not yet Games and other .+++) .

ICS@BLUE in pictures :

Bootanimation :
98035081134283094913.jpg

( Not need to install : Superuser.apk and BusyBox.apk from the Market - they are already installed and updated , latest : Superuser - v.3.0.7(41), busybox - v1.19.3, su - v3.0.3.2 )

This Custom Rom works also on HDD model !

THANKS to @djnilse for Root_Browser Free Edition and for future collaboration, and not least the Great Master LeTama for your help !!! :D

With respect,
surdu_petru

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
How to check if init.d works on every boot and if all apk into /data/app/* were zipaligned with function zipalign ?

To have self control I added a text file into /data/app/ => named "zip_align.txt" ...you can open it with Root-Browser and take a look into it .....you'll see began operation time , state applications directory /data/app/ and End date of operation !

Last edited:

karenax

Jan 4, 2012
la sortie hdmi ne fonctionne pas sur ma télé en android 4 (contrairement au 3), mais merci pour tes rom! vivement qu'Archos corrige le soucis que je puisse utiliser ta rom !

HDMI output does not work on my TV in android 4 (unlike 3), but thank you for your rom!

Last edited:

schmo90

Jan 12, 2011
sweet you are the best

is it possible to make the app drawer transparent or to modify it with a custom background?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi , greeting everyone !

I am pleased to present my new Custom Rom - ICS@BLUE_V01 ( Beta) - based on Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.5(4.0.3)...

This release is permanently Rooted, it's Deodexed...and also Busybox is already installed !

Included : 25/03/12

- new boot animation;
    - battery percentage, and other new Icon;
    - several applications in addition ( Office Free, Root-Browser free, Terminal , Chrome_Beta, FaceLock and ....++);
    - enabled init.d for run scripts ;
    - windows animations;
    - increase sdcard speed;
    - zipaling for all apk in /data/app/*;

In the near future :

- preinstalling V6_Supercharger;
    - enabled FaceLock ;
    - other stuff to improve performance ;
    - update ....

How to install :

Since version 4.0.5 - now we have an alternative to transfer ( file -> archos.ext4, archos.ext4.update, archos.squashfs ) into device.
    Once I entered into SDE , to transfer file archos.ext4.update in Internal Storage ...now we need to choose : Export Data Partition <=> /data ....and for 8G & 16G -> just we need to copy this file into /media directory ! ( Precaution : - choose Export Data Partition only when you are connected to a desktop/laptop running Ubuntu ! - otherwise Windows will ask for formatting the partition ....and if you choose YES, than you'll lose all into device, equivalent with ReFormat Device ! )
    After this step ....we need choose into SDE -> Flash Kernel and Initramfs - to copy here zImage and initramfs !

But we can flash this Custom Rom as usual if you have windows PC ( copy archos.ext4.update into Internal Storage or /data/media/ or /mnt/storage/) - than into SDE -> choose Flash Kernel and Initramfs -> here you need to copy zImage and initramfs !

For beginners : you can find installation details here ! => Thanks @Shano56 => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1542058

The file you need to install : ICS@BLUE_V01 (Beta) is in archive ICS@BLUE_V01.zip and you can download for free here ==>> https://hotfile.com/dl/150205007/141675e/ICSBLUE_V01.zip.html

zImage and Initramfs have not been modified, then you can download from here => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1560211

After installation requires a reboot ( to enable all the stuff !!! ).

Unfortunately this project remains currently in the beta ! I have a lot of work to it...but I hope to come back with an update a little more gratifying !!!
    On the other hand I think is pretty good move, and you can use it without FC or any error ! I tested almost all functions and respond well to all ( of course not yet Games and other .+++) .

ICS@BLUE in pictures :

Bootanimation :
    98035081134283094913.jpg

( Not need to install : Superuser.apk and BusyBox.apk from the Market - they are already installed and updated , latest : Superuser - v.3.0.7(41), busybox - v1.19.3, su - v3.0.3.2 )

This Custom Rom works also on HDD model !

THANKS to @djnilse for Root_Browser Free Edition and for future collaboration, and not least the Great Master LeTama for your help !!! :D

With respect,
    surdu_petru
    How to check if init.d works on every boot and if all apk into /data/app/* were zipaligned with function zipalign ?

To have self control I added a text file into /data/app/ => named "zip_align.txt" ...you can open it with Root-Browser and take a look into it .....you'll see began operation time , state applications directory /data/app/ and End date of operation !
    THANKS !!!!
    i waiting the DL files

For the buzz in FRANCE : http://www.jbmm.fr/?p=27340
    this looks awesome! downloading once my tablet is fixed!
    this looks awesome! downloading once my tablet is fixed!

Hi!

I hope tomorrow will be ok ! Thanks :rolleyes: