[ROM] Customized Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 CWR for eMMC Update (4/23)

Search This thread

brianf21

Oct 27, 2010
Davie, FL
First, I would like to thank cicada for the 0.6.8 image, thecubed for sdcard bootable CWR image, shad0wf0x for his stock images, dalingrin for his kernel, and samuelhalff for his help and his CWR image that I customized. This should fit on a 2GB or larger sdcard.

Please donate to the developer. Here is the original thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=883175

This will erase your internal memory!

Flash with CWR

4/23/11
Went back to the 3/13/11 dalingrin's kernel
Made some changes in uRamdisk
Bluetooth is working
Wireless seems more stable
Try this without wiping data if you are coming from an earlier version

Changelog:
4/19/11
Added a status bar toggle
Added a feature to put up a notification as to the status of the status bar (this feature can be turned off in Nookie-Froyo Utils)
Added QuickDesk
Cleaned up the icons (I am finally happy with them... draw9patch)
Updated Nookie-Froyo Utils
Point of interest: If you set QuickDesk as your default launcher and add the status bar toggle to QuickDesk, you will be able to double tap the home button to hide or show the state bar.
This is a CRW zip. It will add some apps to /data/app but will not touch anything else in data so anything you've customized should still be there. So, DO NOT WIPE DATA. Also this zip will not touch cache, so if you have any problems you might format cache, but only do this if you are having problems. I hope by doing it this way will will eliminate any of the market problems we have had in the pass.

4/3/11
Status Bar and Notification window in black
No-frills CPU Control added
Added the following lines to init.rc
Code:
# sd card read speed fix
write /sys/block/mmcblk0/bdi/read_ahead_kb 2048
Updated NookColor Utils and rename it Nookie-Froyo Utils
- Forced Status Bar options added
- Change density and added new densities options
- Moved Reboot to about tab
- Added Poweroff to about tab
Updated to dalingrin's 3/31/11
Cleaned up the spacing on the status bar... Icons are not jammed up against the clock
This will not touch the /data partition

3/18/2011:
This should work on the eMMC version as well. I don't have a CWR package yet. Will make one tomorrow. If you want you can preview it now. You will not have to run softkeys as a service, but set the physical button to be one tap launcher and two taps softkeys for any app that hides the statusbar.

Unzip the attached framework.zip and copy to /system/framework/
This will be difficult for Windows users unless you have adb installed, but I would like some Linux users to test it out. I will try to write a script/app that will unzip and copy directly on the device. If someone else wants to write the script that would be okay too. I am try to avoid making everyone re-image their sdcard just to get the update.

Now to the good stuff, I have everything, messages, buttons and icons on the status bar centered vertically and the drop down notification bar is full screen at 160 LCD density.

Let me know how you like it and how you installed it. We need to come up with a easy install for non-techies that boot to the sdcard.[/COLOR]

Nookie Froyo 0.6.8.custom.3 eMMM
Put on dalingrin's latest kernel. (If you want to overclock it, you must use SetCPU)
Went back to using ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5
Changed build.prop back in a hope to improve video
LauncherPRO <----------

Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 eMMM
Change resolution back; I hated it
Applied the last patch I posted
Put on dalingrin's latest kernel
Using ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.6

Nookie Froyo 0.6.7 eMMC (.2)
Added custom bootanimation.zip designed just for us Chuck6993. Thank you Chuck6993. If you like the bootanimation, please visit his thread and get him some love. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=952188
An awsome utility to mount your /media and /sdcard to your pc. Thanks Samhalff. This is still at the beta stage and he would love to here from us for future improvements. Here is his thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=952456
I wrote a script that will kill mediaserver. Just type kms as superuser in the terminal. It will automatically respawn, so you might have to do it again a couple of times. If your nook is running slow, it is most likely the mediaserver.

Nookie Froyo 0.6.7 eMMC (.1)
Added a mount command to init.rc for /media
Added an environmental variable for INTERNAL_STORAGE
Zeroed out unused space to make the image smaller
Added some software
DO NOT UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE INSTALLED BY CICADA (Apparently, removing this software is reason for our market woes.)

Froyo 0.6.6 Custom eMMC (.2)
Replace /etc/vold.fstab with samuelhalff's vold.fstab
Change /mnt/media to /media in /etc/vold.fstab

Recovery Thread

Market Fix that seems to work well by ViralCipher

4/23/11 nookie-froyo.0.6.8.custom.7
4/19/11 nookie-froyo.0.6.8.custom.6
4/3/11: Nookie-Froyo.0.6.8.custom.5
Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Custom eMMC .3
Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Custom eMMC .2

PATCH: Apply after Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Custom eMMC 1100 ghz OC
Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Custom eMMC 1100 ghz OC
Nookie Froyo 0.6.7 Custom eMMC (.2)

Nookie Froyo 0.6.7 Custom eMMC (.1)
Froyo 0.6.6 Custom eMMC (.1)
Froyo 0.5.9 and Stock 1.0.1 (Full - Boot and System) 2GB or larger sdcard. Point of Interest: For some reason, Win32DiskImager cannot handle this file, but WinImage works fine or just use dd in linux.
Froyo 0.5.9 Flash only

Last edited:

DiscoPh3v3r

Oct 30, 2010
i have 2 questions, does this fit on a 2gb sdcard, and do we burn it to the sd card like with the auto nooter? also, right this boots off the sdcard and does nothing to the internals?

edit
wait so it does mess with the emmc? which means we can format the sdcard on another android device and the nook will still run nf?

Last edited:

brianf21

Oct 27, 2010
Davie, FL
i have 2 questions, does this fit on a 2gb sdcard, and do we burn it to the sd card like with the auto nooter? also, right this boots off the sdcard and does nothing to the internals?

edit
wait so it does mess with the emmc? which means we can format the sdcard on another android device and the nook will still run nf?

This is for eMMC and yes it will fit on a 1gb or higher sdcard. There is an image out there that will run from the sdcard.

Reactions: DiscoPh3v3r

sec6

Aug 16, 2008
Thanks Brian!

Any fixes? About to test now. Does market work out of the box?

Tried in windows. Working great. Even installed flash 10.1 and watched some live video on Justin TV. Flash is surprisingly smooth. Market launches and displays all the software available, but fails to download. Any workarounds?

brianf21

Oct 27, 2010
Davie, FL
Thanks Brian!

Any fixes? About to test now. Does market work out of the box?

Market works, update flash first then clear market cache then framework data, then reboot. Then update the rest.

No fixes, spent most of my time trying to figure out CWR and get everything on a 1 GB card. In addition to have a little family emergency in the middle of everything.

brianf21

Oct 27, 2010
Davie, FL
Tried in windows. Working great. Even installed flash 10.1 and watched some live video on Justin TV. Flash is surprisingly smooth. Market launches and displays all the software available, but fails to download. Any workarounds?

Market works, update flash first then clear market cache then framework data, then reboot. Then update the rest.

more_xda

Nov 28, 2010

To update flash does one just download it from the market? Also Is this version overclocked at all. Do over clocked versions still have the potential to overheat/explode due to the battery regulator being disabled or has that problem been remedied?

Downloading now :)

brianf21

Oct 27, 2010
Davie, FL
To update flash does one just download it from the market? Also Is this version overclocked at all. Do over clocked versions still have the potential to overheat/explode due to the battery regulator being disabled or has that problem been remedied?

Downloading now :)

Flash can be updated from the market. This is not overclocked. Note to others: if you overclock it let me know how it goes and I will make an image of it. The battery issue has been fixed.

Last edited:

sec6

Aug 16, 2008
Sometimes, you just have to hold the button a long time (20 seconds or so).

No go. Any suggestions for getting the boot repaired so I can boot and get things going again?

Will probably just try the boot repartition from the other emmc froyo thread. Will this work?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, I would like to thank cicada for the 0.6.8 image, thecubed for sdcard bootable CWR image, shad0wf0x for his stock images, dalingrin for his kernel, and samuelhalff for his help and his CWR image that I customized. This should fit on a 2GB or larger sdcard.

Please donate to the developer. Here is the original thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=883175

This will erase your internal memory!

Flash with CWR

4/23/11
    Went back to the 3/13/11 dalingrin's kernel
    Made some changes in uRamdisk
    Bluetooth is working
    Wireless seems more stable
    Try this without wiping data if you are coming from an earlier version

Changelog:
    4/19/11
    Added a status bar toggle
    Added a feature to put up a notification as to the status of the status bar (this feature can be turned off in Nookie-Froyo Utils)
    Added QuickDesk
    Cleaned up the icons (I am finally happy with them... draw9patch)
    Updated Nookie-Froyo Utils
    Point of interest: If you set QuickDesk as your default launcher and add the status bar toggle to QuickDesk, you will be able to double tap the home button to hide or show the state bar.
    This is a CRW zip. It will add some apps to /data/app but will not touch anything else in data so anything you've customized should still be there. So, DO NOT WIPE DATA. Also this zip will not touch cache, so if you have any problems you might format cache, but only do this if you are having problems. I hope by doing it this way will will eliminate any of the market problems we have had in the pass.

4/3/11
    Status Bar and Notification window in black
    No-frills CPU Control added
    Added the following lines to init.rc
    Code:
    # sd card read speed fix
    write /sys/block/mmcblk0/bdi/read_ahead_kb 2048
    Updated NookColor Utils and rename it Nookie-Froyo Utils
    - Forced Status Bar options added
    - Change density and added new densities options
    - Moved Reboot to about tab
    - Added Poweroff to about tab
    Updated to dalingrin's 3/31/11
    Cleaned up the spacing on the status bar... Icons are not jammed up against the clock
    This will not touch the /data partition

3/18/2011:
    This should work on the eMMC version as well. I don't have a CWR package yet. Will make one tomorrow. If you want you can preview it now. You will not have to run softkeys as a service, but set the physical button to be one tap launcher and two taps softkeys for any app that hides the statusbar.

Unzip the attached framework.zip and copy to /system/framework/
    This will be difficult for Windows users unless you have adb installed, but I would like some Linux users to test it out. I will try to write a script/app that will unzip and copy directly on the device. If someone else wants to write the script that would be okay too. I am try to avoid making everyone re-image their sdcard just to get the update.

Now to the good stuff, I have everything, messages, buttons and icons on the status bar centered vertically and the drop down notification bar is full screen at 160 LCD density.

Let me know how you like it and how you installed it. We need to come up with a easy install for non-techies that boot to the sdcard.[/COLOR]

Nookie Froyo 0.6.8.custom.3 eMMM
    Put on dalingrin's latest kernel. (If you want to overclock it, you must use SetCPU)
    Went back to using ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5
    Changed build.prop back in a hope to improve video
    LauncherPRO <----------

Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 eMMM
    Change resolution back; I hated it
    Applied the last patch I posted
    Put on dalingrin's latest kernel
    Using ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.6

Nookie Froyo 0.6.7 eMMC (.2)
    Added custom bootanimation.zip designed just for us Chuck6993. Thank you Chuck6993. If you like the bootanimation, please visit his thread and get him some love. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=952188
    An awsome utility to mount your /media and /sdcard to your pc. Thanks Samhalff. This is still at the beta stage and he would love to here from us for future improvements. Here is his thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=952456
    I wrote a script that will kill mediaserver. Just type kms as superuser in the terminal. It will automatically respawn, so you might have to do it again a couple of times. If your nook is running slow, it is most likely the mediaserver.

Nookie Froyo 0.6.7 eMMC (.1)
    Added some software
    DO NOT UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE INSTALLED BY CICADA (Apparently, removing this software is reason for our market woes.)

Replace /etc/vold.fstab with samuelhalff's vold.fstab
    Change /mnt/media to /media in /etc/vold.fstab

Recovery Thread

Market Fix that seems to work well by ViralCipher

4/23/11 nookie-froyo.0.6.8.custom.7
    4/19/11 nookie-froyo.0.6.8.custom.6
    4/3/11: Nookie-Froyo.0.6.8.custom.5
    Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Custom eMMC .3
    Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Custom eMMC .2

PATCH: Apply after Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Custom eMMC 1100 ghz OC
    Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Custom eMMC 1100 ghz OC
    Nookie Froyo 0.6.7 Custom eMMC (.2)

Nookie Froyo 0.6.7 Custom eMMC (.1)
    Froyo 0.6.6 Custom eMMC (.1)
    Froyo 0.5.9 and Stock 1.0.1 (Full - Boot and System) 2GB or larger sdcard. Point of Interest: For some reason, Win32DiskImager cannot handle this file, but WinImage works fine or just use dd in linux.
    Froyo 0.5.9 Flash only
    I found the solution to the market downloading problem! For anyone who has been having the Market Downloading issue with this ROM do the following and it should fix your issue. It fixed the issue for me and a co-worker.

To fix the market you go in manage applications:

1. Find Google frame work, clear all data and then force stop

2. Find Market.apk – then clear cache & data, then force stop.

3. Then, open ROM manager and fix permissions.

4. After the permissions have been fix, boot into Clockwork from ROM manager. And then format the Cache Partition.

5. Now reboot and test.
    My market is missing a lot of application. Can somebody point me to a fix?
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11922187&postcount=600

more specifically:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySibzeA&feature=related

you can start 4 minutes into it
    This is working great for me. I get a little bit of a screen sensitivity issue sometimes when the device first boots but it works fine after that.

I have a question. I installed ADW launcher EX after I installed this ROM and it messed up the behavior of the soft keys. When I first booted the Nook, I was able to press the n button from anywhere and the soft keys would appear but it doesn't work that way now, even with the Zeam and stock Android launcher.

Is there any way to reset the settings back to the way it was when it was first booted? I don't care if I have to use Zeam or the stock launcher.

Goto settings>manage applications>all apps and press adw then press clear defaults. After that press the n button and check the box and select soft keys.
    Does google voice and dolphin hd browser show up in your market?

yes after doing the clearing of cache they do

Settings->Applications->Manage Applications-> Market->Clear Cache (NOT DATA!)

then

Settings->Applications->Manage Applications-> Google Services Framework -> Clear Data -> Force Close

reboot