[ROM] Cyanogen 7.2 Stable 16.06.2012

Search This thread

paultje162

Oct 16, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro

vicdo1000

May 28, 2012
CM7 at last check was not based on V21E so although stable to use as a daily driver, it still had Ghost Calls...

CM7 was great but just couldnt put up with GC. Also, no 3d is still bummer...

pandaball

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
CM7 at last check was not based on V21E so although stable to use as a daily driver, it still had Ghost Calls...

CM7 was great but just couldnt put up with GC. Also, no 3d is still bummer...

It's based on v21A but it has the kernel patches which should reduce or entirely eradicate ghost calls.

battery life is a disgrace, absolutely terrible

Really? The stable version seems to have far better battery life than the nightlies so far.

Gunraykilla

Dec 31, 2011
It's based on v21A but it has the kernel patches which should reduce or entirely eradicate ghost calls.

Really? The stable version seems to have far better battery life than the nightlies so far.

I dont understand the big fuss of GC's i use V21A and ive never had the Ghost calls. V21A seems to have the best stability from what ive seen

jimakos29

Oct 31, 2010
Kilkis
If stuff still doesn't work, why call it stable?

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA

Because it *is* stable, and 3D + HDMI is not important enough to warrant the final version being delayed since CM can't do squat about it anyway.

3d is important and it is not true that they can't do anything about it. They just dont WANT to do anything about it cause the real 3d framework is copyrighted material and they dont want to get into legal trouble with lg. So they simply won't do anything to implement that. Other than that panda is right they fixed everything that ought to have been fixed so the rom works as it should and thus stable. Btw did any dev ever try to implement the real3d framework on a non lg based rom? How hard could it be to rip it and implement it on let's say CM?

Reactions: yourguitarist

vicdo1000

May 28, 2012
I dont understand the big fuss of GC's i use V21A and ive never had the Ghost calls. V21A seems to have the best stability from what ive seen

Well I guess it isnt a fuss if you havent been the victim of Ghost calls.....but think of it this way... you get 4 calls a day and 10 sms messages. you only receive 2 calls, and 5 sms messages and the rest, you dont even know happened.

Its enough to drive you insane if you have had it. you're constantly wondering if you've missed important calls or messages.

The last cm7 ROM i used still had GC, so was not for me. And also, appreciate the 3d features alot more now...in particular with the 3d converter.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

3d is important and it is not true that they can't do anything about it. They just dont WANT to do anything about it cause the real 3d framework is copyrighted material and they dont want to get into legal trouble with lg. So they simply won't do anything to implement that. Other than that panda is right they fixed everything that ought to have been fixed so the rom works as it should and thus stable. Btw did any dev ever try to implement the real3d framework on a non lg based rom? How hard could it be to rip it and implement it on let's say CM?

Great call Jimakos....a 3rd party 3d platform would be fantastic for users. Always lamented that the 3d aspect cannot be used in regular menus and screens/app drawers etc. (we'll forget what this will do to battery life for now)

Guess it hasnt been ripped to a 3rd party ROM as 3d on mobile devices is not very widespread...no mass volume.

Great idea though...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today cyanogenmod team relesae stable CyanogenMod-7.2.

DOWNLOAD STABLE CyanogenMod-7.2 p920/optimus 3d

DOWNLOAD STABLE CyanogenMod-7.2 p925/thrill

Please comment in this thread :)

Because it *is* stable, and 3D + HDMI is not important enough to warrant the final version being delayed since CM can't do squat about it anyway.

Yeah stable just means they've worked on all the bug reports. So as far as they're concerned everything works as it should

Sent from my P920 using xda premium

Minecraft issue

The video driver needs some changing in CM7.2 full version. Minecraft does not work and when i try to play it, the textures get distorted, my phone freezes and i have to reboot my phone. I am an avid player of the game and i wish it would work on CM7.2:(