Will this rom work on g900h.?Well then, I guess your only other option then is to follow the tutorial I also linked and build your own.... ("that guy using the w8" is me, by the way. )
The tree for KLTE was updated to 12, and then to 13 .. no one is maintaining the CM 11 tree or roms, but by using the tutorial you get all the CM11 updates and google security patches etc. It really wasn't that difficult to build an updated CM11 ...
My batter will last over 36 hours on light use BTW so not sure what the deal is with yours ..
Ok, so this in an update for all those too lazy to read a few pages back. Yohan4ws posted this:
Which is an up to date build of cm11 4.4.4. Both stock/aosp 5.1.1 LP and 6.0.1 MM were plagued with issues for me. Running alot of apps on a phone with 1.75 GB RAM presents multiple issues. CM11 with dalvik seems to run smoothly, while still being up to date enough to run all current apps. Security updates are present til April, so that isn't an issue either. Sometimes the latest and greatest OS isn't always that, especially given your hardware. A reminder the S5 made me painfully aware of.
For google apps and play store I used openapps pico, and it worked flawlessly (platform arm, version 4.4)
Only issue I experienced was that the stock CM11 governor and hotplug use alot of battery by default. I strongly recommend the boeffla kernel and accompanying app:
Viper4android is also available and functional on CM11 (I needed to use viper fix 1.1 to get it fully functional however), as well as xposed.
For those camera and picture aficionados, I found the stock cyanogenmod camera to be severely lacking. To save others much time, I'm posting what I found to be the best camera alternative by far. HDR mode enhancements, high res support and others. I challenge anyone to find a better camera mod that supports cm11. I simply downloaded and installed the apk.
Also, to enhance and ensure compatibility, I highly recommend on first boot and install you disable cm's built in root. Download SuperSU and reboot into recovery and install it.
All in all we get full functionality with a slightly older, more reliable base.
If you want a more current feel, download and install one of these themes for a 5.1.1/6.0 experience
If you noticed in the post, I mentioned I only downloaded and installed the apk. Flashing the camera replaces shared libs in the system partition. That flash is for the One+, which doesn't have identical hardware to our device.
Sadly, you may have to either restore a backup or reflash cm11
More stable? I mean ya, opinions are subjective but CM13 isn't stable. It has many bugs and issues still to be ironed out. True stability to me points to something that out of the box just works. This CM11 build on the other hand doesn't randomly reboot, has no flashlight or her issues. And Bluetooth works flawlessly (granted they recently patched this).
As for the feature set, I'd disagree. I'd challenge you to point out a feature on CM13 I don't already have on 11 through a third party app or mod.
CM13 is where I'll eventually shift, but not before it's ready
Actually yes i find it more stable, i'm not sure if you have the G900F? i never had random reboots with Cm13, it's pretty much really stable, I never cared about bluetooth (its fixed now anyways) and there's a simple app for flashlight, other than that i really can't say cm11 is better, it even has fingerprint support, custom kernels work nicely, Since yesterday i've had 3 random reboots in cm11, no xposed, only viper and boeffla kernel from your post, and there are times where it just slows down, i don't know, maybe its the kernel, can't tell, but i can understand you prefer cm11 over 13
I prefer the old way of handling external storage in 5.1.1 and previous, MM plays too much to a locked down internal storage model, similar to iPhone.
With CM11 and Xposed + XInternalSD, I can move my 4gb whatsapp folder to external. On a phone with 11.5 GB internal, this is essential. I also store/organize my media in a very nonstandard format, and 4.4.4 plays nice for that.
Ultimately its choice. Ill be on cm11 at least for another month or two, until cm13 is stable to my standards, or a new phone. Whatever comes first. Ive been strongly eyeing the ZTE Axon 7.
I agree! Old way is much better, but apps have updated to work with the new way now, so there isn't much problem anymore. 4.4.4 is great, but as apps get updated... Backward compatibility is a problem in Android I guess.
ZTE Axon 7 looks like an awesome phone! Not available in my country. Only the Axon Elite. Enjoy it if you get it!
For which devices, should work with all klte versions that are qualcomm
Included in the Unified GSM build
Individual CDMA builds kltevzw,klteusc,kltespr
Individual GSM builds kltedv
If your device isn't listed in the "individual" lists then flash the generic "klte" build
[B]IMPORTANT[/B] * Do NOT expect daily builds. I'll build when I'm free. * Do NOT ask for support for flashing in this thread. * Do NOT use this unofficial build and ask for support at the official threads. * Do NOT be rude. * Respect all users * If I see a NOOB question and I don't feel like replying, I WONT.
Hey all, I'd just like to throw this out there for those of you having random bugs.
This is a development tree. Its not stable or even RC. Its testing. While all the testing and bug reports are appreciated, some of these bugs can be solved with the following troubleshooting steps..
1. Make sure you have a clean install. This is most important. Dirty flashing can cause issues even from one build to the next days build. Some apks are changed and if you don't do a full clean flash these settings are not refreshed. Please do a clean flash and test this way.
2. Some issues may arise from using titanium backup to restore apps + data. Unless you absolutely positively need to restore data with these apps I'd advise against it. Albinoman887 had me to a restore of apps without data and things got much smoother.
3. I can't stress this enough from my own experience, xposed modules can and will break CM11. You might think you are making a minor change but it might be the wrong way to make this change.
4. Some apps do interfere with each other. Camera crashes can occur when a GPS fix app is running because the camera cannot geo tag a photo and it just crashes the camera. This is one that albinoman887 noticed the other day. THIS MAY NOT ALWAYS BE THE CASE. But its good to check that for yourself.
5. I know we all want to use our phone for 10 hours constantly no charge and be left with 99% but this simply cannot happen. It would be great if people could just test the rom vanilla and report issues that arise from that. I promise you i have no third party app "saving my battery" and my battery life is great.
6. When submitting a bug report please always mention your carrier and phone model. It helps to narrow down the issue. This is a unified build so an issue on a Verizon wireless s5 and a us cellular s5 might be different or not exist at all on the other units. This I cannot stress enough. Even if you noted your model before, we don't keep a database of users and their models so we do forget when looking for solutions what model this is broken on.
Being a part of this is like an open beta. Opt in or out it is your choice but help us, especially Albinoman887, help you by having the information he needs to find and squish these bugs.
I'm currently helping build a solid bug list with models and information but its hard to maintain when some bugs are because of a dirty flash or a third party app.
Let's make CM11 on the Galaxy S5 be the best it can be!
Thank you for your time, support, and any donations given to the developers during this process. Nobody would be here if it wasn't for a good solid team effort.
Sent from my SM-G900R4 using XDA Free mobile app