• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] CyanogenMod 12.1 for Meizu MX4 (20160112)_by_xen0n

Search This thread

CN_Victor

Sep 25, 2015
Hi, here's guide from @xen0n for CM12.1 for Meizu MX4.
Original Link:http://blog.xen0n.name/2016/01/12/meizu-mx4-cm-12.1-userdebug-8/

## Disclaimer and acknowledgements
All your actions with your phone are at your own risk; the author of this ROM is not liable.
This ROM is compiled from CyanogenMod 12.1 sources with own modifications (which are open-sourced on GitHub). I'd like to acknowledge the following people for their respective efforts:
- kirill8000 and kkk4 for unlocking bootloader of ordinary MX4's
- Axet and fire855 for the general MTK porting efforts
- DerTeufel for the information regarding to the MTK GPS implementation
- cofface's CWM recovery
- ccfxny support and fix
- Daxiaamu's one-key bootloader unlocking app (in Chinese)

YOU NEED: (Thanks for @zaurikk)
1. Download Flyme OS 4.2.8.2A stock firmware an official webpage Meizu
2. Flash it in stock recovery and select WIPE DATA
3. Get root permission
4. Download and install that APK
5. Open that app, and provide root permission.
6. Press "Press to UNLOCK BootLoader" - and wait, you will see "Unlock Finished"
7. After, will be available recovery mode, and you press to "Enter Recovery Mode"
8. Your phone reboot and enters for normal recovery - TWRP 2.8.6.0
9. Flash CyanogenMod12.1 for meizu MX4 (20160106) 【360(code:78c8)

## OTHERS:
- come back to FLYME:flash patched-recovery-mx4 with flashify and then flash update.zip(offficial)
- Android version of MX4 please download the contents of the MX4 directory, Ubuntu version please download the contents of the Arale directory

Last edited:

dOMnin

Sep 25, 2015
The main problem is - my phone is second hand. When i try to login in my acc, phone don't do than because first user not log off in his flyme acc. I wrote in meizu support but they can not help me because i dont have invoice. First user cant help me.

Maagnum154

Sep 18, 2015
I bricked my phone ( i have unlocked BL and flashed recovery using your app )
Recovery (philz touch) did not work fine -Everything is unmounted. I cant mount /system, /data, /cache beacuse i have: "error- mounting /data" (or /system, /cache)
What can i do ?
I want to fix my phone. Im going to install stock recovery and flash flyme os 4.0.4I - Is it enough ? or i cant to this beacuse i have no mounted /system ??
Please help me guys.

///Can i mount /system using adb sideload ?

Last edited:

CN_Victor

Sep 25, 2015
I bricked my phone ( i have unlocked BL and flashed recovery using your app )
Recovery (philz touch) did not work fine -Everything is unmounted. I cant mount /system, /data, /cache beacuse i have: "error- mounting /data" (or /system, /cache)
What can i do ?
I want to fix my phone. Im going to install stock recovery and flash flyme os 4.0.4I - Is it enough ? or i cant to this beacuse i have no mounted /system ??
Please help me guys.

///Can i mount /system using adb sideload ?

Not do the following flash will brick: unlock BL, update flymeOS4.2.8.2, use this software recovery(not philz);
Now you can enter fastboot or recovery? Or you can send the meizu after-sales,it is free.

Maagnum154

Sep 18, 2015
Not do the following flash will brick: unlock BL, update flymeOS4.2.8.2, use this software recovery(not philz);
Now you can enter fastboot or recovery? Or you can send the meizu after-sales,it is free.

I installed from fastboot stock recovery and flyme os 4.2.8.2, my phone finally works, i tried again to install cm12, and now all works fine, but your recovery is in chinese, i used philz recovery from slowsunet topic.
Everything looks great, finally cm12.
but
I have one question
Where is "more"/"options" navigation button ?
I dont know how to use "more, options" navigation in an application , I hope you know what I mean

CN_Victor

Sep 25, 2015
I installed from fastboot stock recovery and flyme os 4.2.8.2, my phone finally works, i tried again to install cm12, and now all works fine, but your recovery is in chinese, i used philz recovery from slowsunet topic.
Everything looks great, finally cm12.
but
I have one question
Where is "more"/"options" navigation button ?
I dont know how to use "more, options" navigation in an application , I hope you know what I mean

Goto Settings -> About Phone -> Click build number continuously until developer options is enabled.

Last edited:

MeNa82

Aug 23, 2008
Hi, how can I come back to Flyme? Need to flash patched-recovery-mx4 with flashify and then flash update.zip (stable kk) ? Now, I'm in CM12.1 with Philz recovery. Help please

Edit: Just do it, with update and clear data and rules

Last edited:
Reactions: Komhir

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, here's guide from @xen0n for CM12.1 for Meizu MX4.
    Original Link:http://blog.xen0n.name/2016/01/12/meizu-mx4-cm-12.1-userdebug-8/

## Disclaimer and acknowledgements
    All your actions with your phone are at your own risk; the author of this ROM is not liable.
    This ROM is compiled from CyanogenMod 12.1 sources with own modifications (which are open-sourced on GitHub). I'd like to acknowledge the following people for their respective efforts:
    - kirill8000 and kkk4 for unlocking bootloader of ordinary MX4's
    - Axet and fire855 for the general MTK porting efforts
    - DerTeufel for the information regarding to the MTK GPS implementation
    - cofface's CWM recovery
    - ccfxny support and fix
    - Daxiaamu's one-key bootloader unlocking app (in Chinese)

YOU NEED: (Thanks for @zaurikk)
    1. Download Flyme OS 4.2.8.2A stock firmware an official webpage Meizu
    2. Flash it in stock recovery and select WIPE DATA
    3. Get root permission
    4. Download and install that APK
    5. Open that app, and provide root permission.
    6. Press "Press to UNLOCK BootLoader" - and wait, you will see "Unlock Finished"
    7. After, will be available recovery mode, and you press to "Enter Recovery Mode"
    8. Your phone reboot and enters for normal recovery - TWRP 2.8.6.0
    9. Flash CyanogenMod12.1 for meizu MX4 (20160106) 【360(code:78c8)

## OTHERS:
    - come back to FLYME:flash patched-recovery-mx4 with flashify and then flash update.zip(offficial)
    - Android version of MX4 please download the contents of the MX4 directory, Ubuntu version please download the contents of the Arale directory
    hello guys. Finally i replaced motherboard on my mx4 and now i can continue work for cyanogen. And i have two news-new build of cyanogenmod and new build(not ported) twrp-3.0.0.0. I cannot say about changelogs because i work for this build 1 month and do not remember all details. and advice for all users- do not try to patch new flyme firmwares. Some users can install it without problem, and others install same firmware and get bricked phone. for example i made patched flyme and installed it without problem, but my gf and some users installed it same file and got bricked phone .the reason of it is unknow. We must find and clean flyme backdoors
    Do we have any instructions for manual building? Just clone CM-tree and after that the local _manifest?

Thanks in advance!
    Yeah, just that; currently the binary blobs are directly committed to the vendor tree, so no setup needed. (May completely cleanse the tree later for sanitary and legal reasons, though. After that a repo sync --force-sync may be needed.)

来自我的 MX4 上的 Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Hello, i am italian and i have a problem with radio connection, when i enable connection data CM 12.1 give me error : com.android.phone terminate. Can you help me?
    Hello, I'm the port author. The released versions cannot properly initialize the FDD version of baseband, and has a potential NPE causing the crash. Next test release will hopefully fix that, at least LTE and GSM are working (UMTS is still not working, will fix later).

来自我的 MX4 上的 Tapatalk
    Hi, how can I come back to Flyme? Need to flash patched-recovery-mx4 with flashify and then flash update.zip (stable kk) ? Now, I'm in CM12.1 with Philz recovery. Help please

YES,and this is recovery you need. http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o6y4rKQ
    Flash recovery with flashify and then flash update.zip.