[ROM] CyanogenMod 13.0 has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid
Hi, I'll try to keep it short, between yesterday and today, I have been researching CM13, I thought it was a really hard project, but the results look promising so far, I am not ready to release anything at the moment, but I'll let you see some screenshots. This is just a side project, and I'll keep working on AOSP. I'll update this post whenever I feel like the ROM is kind of finished.

PS: This is Android 6.0.1, EMUI is just on 6.0.0 Isn't that exciting?

http://imgur.com/a/kbybk

See you!
PS2: No PMs about this please, you'll have it as soon as it's finished

panchovix

Mar 19, 2012
Santiago
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
just wondering something, how much space uses system from CM13 and AOSP? for example, on stock Huawei roms almost always they use 2GB+

EDIT: and anyways im asking because, i use Honor 4X/Gplay, and its the same phone that the P8 lite, except internal storage, so that's why im wondering, anyways i think i used your AOSP, that had some bugs like no signal, no wifi, etc (im not sure if you made it), the thing is that rom worked it in my phone too lol

Last edited:

PCSE

Nov 30, 2015
You're just awesome dude! We are all very excited about this project. This is just awesome!

AmINoS007

Apr 19, 2014
dude this is awesome !!! so there is no more ril problem this is just great thank you very much !!!! :D

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid
Hi @XePeleato first of all Good Job and second as i can see into the screenshots the RIL problem is persistent or you didn't insert the SIM :p. I'm following your work on github if u need someone who test the ROM call me ;)

Hi, The SIM is there, the thing is that I need to patch the framework in order to include the Huawei Java classes that enable the RIL stack. I'll release a testing version soon, since I want to include things to test, it wouldn't make sense to upload a rom with 1 or 2 features working, there would be nothing to test :p

Reactions: ASTutorials

Spineshankumb

Dec 19, 2011
Caserta
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hi, The SIM is there, the thing is that I need to patch the framework in order to include the Huawei Java classes that enable the RIL stack. I'll release a testing version soon, since I want to include things to test, it wouldn't make sense to upload a rom with 1 or 2 features working, there would be nothing to test :p
Sure! what about the camera? i think is not possible to port the Snap camera feature on HiSi

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid
just wondering something, how much space uses system from CM13 and AOSP? for example, on stock Huawei roms almost always they use 2GB+

EDIT: and anyways im asking because, i use Honor 4X/Gplay, and its the same phone that the P8 lite, except internal storage, so that's why im wondering, anyways i think i used your AOSP, that had some bugs like no signal, no wifi, etc (im not sure if you made it), the thing is that rom worked it in my phone too lol

Wifi worked fine on my 5.1 AOSP version, The system.img weighs roughly 800MB, I don't know exactly how much will it take, since CM13 didn't erase my internal storage.

Finally someone who is making ROMs for this phone (and unlike someone doesn't say he'll delete everything "because of noobs")

Sent from my ALE-L21 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Well, sokkoban recieved a LOT of input about his roms, there were a lot of questions and stuff, it can get really annoying, these open source projects come "As is, without warranty of any kind" - quoting the GPL so actually, trying to give some decent support on this forums is really kind.

Sure! what about the camera? i think is not possible to port the Snap camera feature on HiSi
The Snap app is included, however since I haven't included the camera HAL yet, I don't know for sure if it will work.

--

I'll be off like a week or so, I have compiled my own kernel, with some CPU governors to try, and I have fixed the screen DPI so far, there's still some serious patching needed.

Vika__

Oct 19, 2015
Kangasala
This is just my mind. But i would be more happier if i got fully working cm13 marshmallow than aosp lollipop. If i was you. I would take cm as a primary mission. But do as you want. Aosp is great news too :)
Keep it up man!

Reactions: pilililo2

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid
This is just my mind. But i would be more happier if i got fully working cm13 marshmallow than aosp lollipop. If i was you. I would take cm as a primary mission. But do as you want. Aosp is great news too :)
Keep it up man!
Sure, your opinion matters. Luckily, if I apply a patch to CM, it's also valid on AOSP, the same applies for the kernel.

AmINoS007

Apr 19, 2014
Hold on I said nothing about the RIL stack, I don't know if it will work or not, but that's the last thing I am going to try to fix since I don't know if I am going to be able to fix it at all.
holly crap I thought this problem is finally solved :/ , okey I hope it can be fixed then , good luck !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I'll try to keep it short, between yesterday and today, I have been researching CM13, I thought it was a really hard project, but the results look promising so far, I am not ready to release anything at the moment, but I'll let you see some screenshots. This is just a side project, and I'll keep working on AOSP. I'll update this post whenever I feel like the ROM is kind of finished.

PS: This is Android 6.0.1, EMUI is just on 6.0.0 Isn't that exciting?

http://imgur.com/a/kbybk

See you!
    PS2: No PMs about this please, you'll have it as soon as it's finished
    Thread closed.

Place holder threads are not allowed. If and when the OP adds a link for users to download the ROM, they can PM me and I will reopen the thread.
    I solve art/runtime error
    Keep it up man!
    Sure, your opinion matters. Luckily, if I apply a patch to CM, it's also valid on AOSP, the same applies for the kernel.
    The way I see it, huawei is responsible for making stuff hard to do. I mean what kind of a developer develops a marshmallow rom which isn't available to the latest lollipop rom. And why did Huawei really need to change their RIL so much. Also I understand that their kernel limits us to 4 cores for power saving but they could have just changed clock speeds when all 8 cores are active to a lower frequency and to higher for demanding tasks. Anyhow, I've been meaning to ask. Is the huawei generic RIL of any use for our devices (for development purposes), could it help in any way? And thank you for developing up until this day given how hard of a time this device gives. :eek:
    I have the kernel source, and I have added some governors, the ones I added are related to battery saving, but I can add some that will help with the performance of the phone. At the kernel, you can find the Modem drivers, however those drivers will just work with an specific version of emui. The RIL stack is hard to comprehend, because it works at low and high level, and since the Huawei modems code is closed source, there's nothing We can do, just try.