[ROM] CyanogenMod-5: Kang Central Station (STABLE) [06/19/2010 / 5.0.8]

Search This thread

seanowns

May 30, 2009
i just flashed the zimage and it went smooth but how can i double check if it's actually working?

Assume you mean Cyan's highmem.

Go into the terminal app on the phone, and type free

you should see 395k total, and lets say 160-200ish free..(depends on apps open of course)

eabinsan

Sep 24, 2009
got a crash over night with beta3 (stock .29.6 no-highmem kernel).

btw: all .32 kernels suck the life out of my battery in an instant (read: about 10 hours of standby)

logs

mcbooth

Nov 9, 2009
Assume you mean Cyan's highmem.

Go into the terminal app on the phone, and type free

you should see 395k total, and lets say 160-200ish free..(depends on apps open of course)

Thanks for the instructions, I have 395 total and 381 used, with only 13 free. I don't think i have enough apps/widgets open to be using that much memory. Suggestions?

EDIT: CM b3 with .29 kernel himem. Wiped before flashing.

Last edited:

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
for those themers who are interested- i just checked out colorChange.jar using beta3 and it worked perfectly.... opens up a whole can or worms when it comes to theming this beautiful phone.... thank you Ohsaka for this wonderful tool that takes a lot of the painful legwork out of theming...

BTW: does anyone else have the issue when saving a screenshot with ddms on nexus it gives a yellow tinge to the image....

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 61
  • proof2.jpg
    proof2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 52
  • proof.jpg
    proof.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

m00moo

Jul 19, 2008
wow wht do u guys make it so difficult?
just rename the zimage file to 'zimage'. then it would be 'fastboot flash zimage x:/zimage'

lxrose

Oct 7, 2009
Being a newbie in flashing/rooting android, I've successfully flashed CyanogenMod 5.0.

I think Cyan may add some more details about the installation/upgrading in his first post. That would avoid a lot of repeatitive questions being asked... It's a 200+ pages thread now. The information is distributed bit by bit in the thread. It's becoming difficult to follow, esp for newbies. :cool:

Although I agree with that, I don't recommend playing with a new phone when someone is absolutely a newby especially when it is about experimental ROMs, kernels. Some people had to buy a new battery, but that is still a "cheap" way to solve a problem that comes from testing unstable builds.
So everyone, think twice before you try these at home. :)

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
Although I agree with that, I don't recommend playing with a new phone when someone is absolutely a newby especially when it is about experimental ROMs, kernels. Some people had to buy a new battery, but that is still a "cheap" way to solve a problem that comes from testing unstable builds.
So everyone, think twice before you try these at home. :)

i dont think he needs to add more to the first post. if you dont understand you shouldnt be playing around with a beta build anyway. There are plenty of instructions at his wiki which is linked in his first post.

seanowns

May 30, 2009
Ok so checked my memory as well. I was at 34k/395k. Killed all tasks. 71/395k. Rebooted phone. 140k/395, Killed all tasks 170k/395. Second set of numbers look good, but alittle surprised on the first set. Phone was still very zippy in any cases, so probably not any kind of issue.

Last edited:

lxrose

Oct 7, 2009
i dont think he needs to add more to the first post. if you dont understand you shouldnt be playing around with a beta build anyway. There are plenty of instructions at his wiki which is linked in his first post.

That's what I wrote too. I don't say more step by step guide needed, but maybe some specific info on the specific kernels, so the same questions should not be repeated.
If someone has problems with the syntax of the linux commands, this would not be solved that way and I assume they would not read any wikis, but asking over and over again as it seems.

free_me

Jan 19, 2010
Cyanogen: APN list

I just installed the Cyanogen on my Nexus One, but I didnt understand how to use the "massive APN list"!?!?!?!?

How can I get the APN instead of configure every time?

thank you

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Update: three MoDaCo online kitchen baked ROMs are now available for ANYONE to download! Sample the kitchen's delights for yourself! ;)
  • Base configuration (standard CyanogenMod with Google bits) - download
  • Base configuration (standard CyanogenMod with Google bits) with himem kernel - download
  • Base configuration (standard CyanogenMod with Google bits) with himem kernel and MoDaCo additions (see kitchen for details) - download

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.1 which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Now available from CM Updater!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a pure, working AOSP build which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

* Can be used with or without Google applications
    * Kernel 2.6.34 with Pershoot's tweaks
    * ADWLauncher is the default launcher!
    * Complete music app overhaul by Eliot Stocker
    * Clean shutdown/startup system
    * New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext4 partition and enable it in settings->applications (wiki page coming soon)
    * Built in USB & Bluetooth tethering
    * Graphical enhancements, trippy bootanimation, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash
    * ARM NEON optimizations from 0xdroid and Qualcomm
    * Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
    * FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
    * Phone enhancements from Cytown
    * Contacts enhancements from Wysie
    * MMS enhancements from, well, everyone (see changelog)
    * Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
    * DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option :)
    * Massive APN list
    * Huge collection of ringtones and audio
    * Customizable Nexus live wallpaper by Chris Soyars and me
    * All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
    * 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
    * Full color trackball notifications (from Google)
    * OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
    * Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
    * Tons of work on the build system by Koush and Chris Soyars
    * See the full CHANGELOG for all credits and details

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! Send pull requests with your changes!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM to your Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock your device and install Clockwork Recovery or Amon_RA's recovery image
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio if necessary
    4. WIPE
    5. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

CyanogenMod Nexus One FAQ: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Nexus_One_FAQ

Latest version: 5.0.8-N1 - 06/19/2010
    Download: http://cyanogen-updater.googlecode.com/files/update-cm-5.0.8-N1-signed.zip
    Download: http://android.chemlab.org/android/nexus/update-cm-5.0.8-N1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: 70aa95ee1b22101901cd75e9bc6e92ba

Google Addon: EPF30
    Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mjzwozjojkh

Radio Firmware: FRF50 (FROYO RADIO, REQUIRED!)
    Download: http://android.chemlab.org/android/nexus/radio-4.06.00.12_7.img
    MD5Sum: 3321c196d8ec1cf748fd20c3c4068520

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    Handcent force closes too -.-
    Edit // I also cant call someone. Force close
    Edit // Pocket Empires doesnt get internet connection anymore

Make sure you don't have the Froyo radio
    Wipe data, cache, dalvik-cache
    Reinstall 5.0.7 with the shipping kernel
    Try calling someone
    Download Handcent from market (don't restore)

I think you'll be okay.
    Anyone having problem with titanium backup using cm 5.0.8? It just hang at "searching application data "
    Anyone having problem with titanium backup using cm 5.0.8? It just hang at "searching application data "

Seems to be a problem with Titanium, not CM. Uninstall it, reboot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, reinstall. Fixed it for me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone